Best build for soloing TT

Options
GuiltyFox - Dreamweaver
GuiltyFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Venomancer
What is the best build for soloing TT ?

All my toons so far have been DDs, I cant tank and I tend to die alot with psychic and seeker. Deleted my archer and original cleric over frustration.
Post edited by GuiltyFox - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    casters seldom get to tank, unless it's something way below their level, or a special case like FB59 where the boss is purely magical. or unless it's a herc veno using the herc to tank with.

venos i've spoken to who solo TT do it with a herc, which they spam heal. pure mag, or a capped-vit/mag build, with as much -chan as you can afford would be the best approach towards that method. i honestly don't know if it can be done without a herc at all, excepting trivial cases like 1-1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It is highly unlikely you will get to tank with your veno. Most pets are generally fail at tanking. The herc is the best one. I think the rock ones do moderately well, but have to be 10-20 levels above the one you want to run. The only time my veno, herself, has tanked a boss it was Wurlord in the 2-# series with BB. Otherwise all you will need is a fairly good stat of magic and some -chan gear.
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you're talking about Soloing squad mode TT's, a veno without herc will only be able to (barely) tank 1-1 or 1-2, don't know about 1-3 but if you're a really high level you might manage to tank 2-1 with a lot of -channelling.

If you're talking about solo mode, the only thing I can really tell you is that as soon as my veno hit 95 I took her to solo 3-2 using a walker of the same level, and I had no problems doing it. So there really is a HUGE difference between squad mode and solo mode, and I really suggest doing solo mode unless you have good -channelling and a herc close to your level.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • limeball
    limeball Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Like above. Unless you're able to get a herc for solo modes (which tend to drop loss anyway..unless it's been changed since I've quit but it was never really reliable as a profitable instance) it's best to stick with parties.

At least you're still a wanted class for pulling ability with pets and your Lending Hand skill but I don't know if Mystics might have changed that fact since. I don't know how their pets work. Honestly though I never really bothered with solo mode. It took ages and the drops never really made up for the Ultimate substance cost as far as I remember. I just hooked up with a small group of reliable friends instead for squad mode.

The only boss I ever actually tanked was soulbanisher but that's because we lacked a barb and my build and herc could withstand the hits. I could tank that diamond boss aswell but it simply wasn't practical and took far too long. For TT, -channeling focused builds with a considerable amount of HP for those -in-case moments and a herc /stone dudes is ideal.
    Previously known as:
    Reikara - Lv. 94 HA/AA Venomancer
    Limeball - Lv. 80 Assassin

Quit and came back.
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You can still take a herc into squad mode for the TT1-# and 2-# series. Granted some of the bosses in the 2 series have to be skipped (ape on the higher level, wurlord, astralwalker if you don't know how to do it).

If you have a genie special to the bosses in the 3 series, then you might be able to get through 3-1 in squad mode.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    really its more of what you like instead of what people say is 'best'..

my 91 veno's "HA/AA" - wears full heavy more often than not and can survive soulbanisher's aoe without BB or anything of the like (think i was even w/out buffs), an arcane friend about the same level has a bit of fun surviving even in BB.

my (at that time) about same level arcane veno friend had some of the extra points put into mag, and some into vit. the extra mag atk made a difference for the harder hitting bosses. plus she could put on some channel- bonuses, where all the bonuses i wear are str/dex/mag (for the most part)

i like my heavy armor, she likes her extra mag atk.

i will say, though, that PROPERLY built heavy armor is a pain in the rear (i.e: lvl 90 veno with hh90 mountcrasher and hh90 glaive, not levels behind on armor or weapon, which is weaksauce anyway.. and where alot of the "HA veno failz" **** comes from because they're actually either lacking in mag atk, or defenses, because of the lower lvl of either)

and: arcane veno is alot less expensive option to get to 5k HP in the 90's/100's, can also put on channel- bonuses.. BUT always take pdef ornaments over channel bonuses on belt and neck, unless you 100% KNOW you wont take a hit (like after getting to a non-aoe boss, could swap for channel- belt and neck). The single silliest thing i've ever seen arcane wearers (all arcanes, not just venos) do is run around all the time wearing mag resist ornaments, instead of the pdef ornaments they should be wearing. Arcane armor provides enough magic resistances (if it all has 5 elements) but it has **** for physical defense - thats the spot to build on w/ arcane armor (along w/ HP ofc, but if there's little pdef - even 10k HP wont help you when you get hit by arrows / melee / physical dmg aoe's / etc).

And for the flipside: with heavy armor, ideally, you'd want to wear mag resist belt and neck because the heavies themselves have **** for magic resistances.

and there's light armor: not as good phys or mag resists as the specialized armor types (HA and AA) - but its a way to have more pdef that dosent require an insane amount of str/dex/mag bonuses on head, cape, neck, belt, rings and tome. although with this, like heavy, you'll have to have a low base vit to have enough stats to wear armor and magic weapon of current level.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172