Event

Comments

• Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Um what? Sorry, America won a war for Europe? What the hell does that have to do with PWI? ijs

I agree without American intervention The alliance would have been screwed. However I'm pretty sure America didn't win it for Europe, more because America was under threat than to actually help anyone else...

I've reread my post like six times trying to figure out where you got me saying that we won a war for the british.

For those concerned I was referring to the War of 1812
    Both sides won battles but when all was said and done a treaty was signed that gave us the independence that we were fighting for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Femswordtank - Lost City
    Femswordtank - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sorry, but you were very vague saying 'a war' and you said you didn't have to cater for Europe, which would suggest to me that you were referring to a war that included the whole of Europe not just Britain and America. From the look of that Wiki no other countries besides Canada were really affected. Regardless it is still irrelevant to a thread about deciding whether to cater to Europeans. As if your going to bring wars for independence into it, then it may as well be pointed out that the countries are Allied with each other and as such there should be consideration taken for to say the least the British. However that is probably even MORE irrelevant than talking about wars so...yeah.

I'm gonna drop it now anyway you win the being right thread stealing argument that would take place if I don't, I've seen that happen on too many forums.
  • //istery - Lost City
    //istery - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I Agree. and...

I'll tell you why we do have the right to complain about this:

1. We don't have an EU server anymore, it was so freaking bad that it got ruined and closed permanently long ago, if u didn't know.

2. Even if we had an EU server, we're not playing, nor giving support, nor giving our money to that EU server, but to PWI, so as they like to get euros, they should do some effort to make things suitable for us too.

3. If all EU players would go play in a different server, you US players would lose about the 40% (or maybe more) of players to do BH, FB, TT, FC, PV, Nirvana with.

4. We're not asking for a change of event times so it become suitable for EU players only, and letting you US players out, no, what we're asking for is a solution to make it suitable for both, like the idea Irdis posted up there.

So if you gonna say that someone "has the right" to do somethign or not, at least think a bit more about it.

+1, I totally agree with this. And for those talking about irl wars and stuff in a post like this: ...sincerely, you are pathetic.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Originally Posted by Gigglesnort - Lost City
    We Americans don't cater to the EU players because we fought and won a war so that we wouldn't have to cater to the brits anymore.

http://eu.techcrunch.com/2011/05/20/twitter-sued-for-breaking-uk-super-injunction-oh-yes/

nuff said^

Twitter, an AMERICAN company, with no UK base is being sued by a european star, and is trying to make twitter adhear to English law.

We have protection of freedom of speach, it is law. An EU player wants to break that freedom of speech to protect himself.

I'll put this real simple, we still listen to europe, and if they do win this, it will prove much more than just that we listen, but we also have to obey still.

Pay attention kiddies, this is a case that will decide YOUR future.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    We have protection of freedom of speach, it is law.

No such thing as true freedom of speech .. Your freedom only stretches as far as the government and laws allow.

Freedom of speech in the sense that people throw the phrase about would be being allowed to say what you want when you want without any repercussions in law ... And no country has that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What has become of this topic? b:shocked Please keep it on track guys, Its already derailing with a zest of flame war.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2011

America is already deciding our future since long time pal. But im not getting into this, cuz any1 has his own idea of how the world goes...

zeitgeist b:bye

For whatever concerns the event, id say: who gives a fak ?

This event was kinda fun, was nothing usefull for most of the community maybe but it was something, and i liked it.

For the arguing about not satisfing the european people. What can we do guys ?
    I dont give a fak again if i can do this trivia or not. What concerns me is TW and tiger event and all the nice things. But we cant have it on a suitable hour for us, its a fact.

Im doing TW (at 5am) lately cuz i have nothing to do on Saturdays/Mondays morning. But its a shame that most of us european ppl cant join these big events.

For all the people with a big smile on the face saying:
    "just reroll on the EU server when it will be opened"

id say:
    "i will roll on your face with my moped (lol) when it will be fixed"

i wont trash all the time spent, all the friends made and all the effort ive put in this game already.

Im posting this cuz id like to tell to all my fellow european player to just accept what we get and just enjoy the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    1) i wont trash all the time spent, all the friends made and all the effort ive put in this game already.

2) Im posting this cuz id like to tell to all my fellow european player to just accept what we get and just enjoy the game.

1) This is why EU players need to shut the **** up about the whole "MAKE IT SO I CAN DO AN EVENT" business. There was an EU server once upon a time and it's not PWE's fault you decided to ignore it and play their North American game instead.

(General you, not actually targeting you yourself.)

2) I've been telling fellow European players that for the last forever every time I saw one of these godforsaken whiny topics, and it doesn't work. Kudos for somebody else trying though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    There was an EU server once upon a time

Well it was an entirely different service run by people who god knows how managed to be bigger clowns that those that run PWI.

But as an EU player myself you make your choices and you deal with them .. It would be nice if there were more events around our normal play times but we don't really have a right to ask and you suck it up and deal with the choice you made.

But there will be EU servers in the near future for those not wanting to get up at 4,5 6am for TW etc so the option will be there so no one will have any grounds for complaint.

Oh for old times sake .. Old SS How silly do you feel now !! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As an American Player, I'd probably play on an EU server, if it were allowed.

1) I don't really do events
    2) I like being on when nobody else is
    3) I'm guessing the people there would be somewhat... More pleasant than the people on the US servers

Anyway... I'm all for the Europeans getting their own servers, especially servers for languages other than English. IMO, that's a huge drawback to PWI, is the lack of International language support. I suppose you can call it 'International' if it caters to everyone in the US and 3 Canadians, but the complete lack of Spanish means... PWI is really (right now), PW-US, and I don't like that. >_> If they had EU time appropriate events, then you could consider PWI a truly International game.

Add EU servers please!
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    To those of you playing from Europe or other far-ahead/far-behind time zones, I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, it's very tough to be able to accommodate every time zone that our players come from since they literally are connecting from all over the globe. When you consider that the vast majority of our player base is logging in from North America, it becomes apparent why some of these specific events are scheduled for 5-6pm PDT-- we want the most players possible to be able to participate in the events, and this time allows them to do so after work but before they go to bed.

Also, keep in mind that China itself only has one time zone, so the devs don't generally have to consider the consequences of having a 30 minute event once per day for players across 15+ time zones.

The good news is that many of PWI's daily events can be done at any time throughout the day, which is great because it excludes no one. We'll also see if it would be possible to make specific-time events a bit more time-zone friendly. Something as simple has having those Quiz Event NPC's show up twice a day instead of once would do wonders for you guys.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Threads like this one make me sad

seems like some us citizen feel insulted by the mere fact that they are not the only people around o..o
    might be the mental disorder called "patriotism"
    *boom* rage! USA! USA! USA! derp herp derp

.nvm

happy gaming! 3 am is fine for me, i hate daylight D:<

*kicks Tricannon in the crotch* </ 3
    i like potato
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    We'll also see if it would be possible to make specific-time events a bit more time-zone friendly. Something as simple has having those Quiz Event NPC's show up twice a day instead of once would do wonders for you guys.

An actual response from the CM that not only makes actual sense but actually considers player suggestions in a serious manner without making it sound like some truly impossible task.

For once. +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I *HAVE* seen Canadians....but we'll get to that.

I am one and very glad to be able to play with people from USA. I would have felt apart to not be able too and be "stuck" with fellow Canadians. I am trying to perfect my english speaking and writing, and americans have far better english then Canada's "broken slang"

Event was at 6 pm my time. I'm like 30 mins drive up from Vermont (East Coast).

My wife though is West Coast (Don't start the **** about us not living together, I don't have passeport but it's on the way and we call each other each day) and I felt sad for her cause she missed those events. She worked all 3 of these days 11 am to 5 pm.

Beeing West Coast, yah she missed them.

My suggestion would be along the line of one of the other poster, give it next time 2 times during the day. If you , GM's or Dev's want to keep some kind of control on the exp gained, you can probably find a way to code a "tag". Exemple : This char did it already today, can't twice in same day. Or, you can answer 15 questions PER DAY.

I think this would please quite a lot of people :

- Those on different time zones
    - Those who work,
    - Those who go to school,
    - Those who sleep at day, play at nights (happens),
    - Those who have a lot of alts and want to make them all participate,
    - Those who complain about lag (2 times during the day "might" mean less people at one spot..
    - Those who have kids, anything can happen, (distraction, dangerous moment etc..) In those times a kid could do a stupid move a 30 mins timeframe can make u miss it as well.

Really, I don't see how it coudn't be made in a daily as well. If it doesn't..it's ok, but next time, twice a day would be perfect and maybe a 3rd or 4th Npc somewhere.

You guys have covered 2 places on the map..Arch and 1k.. How about one at Misfortune and one..hmm..at Shrine of Immortals ??
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    http://eu.techcrunch.com/2011/05/20/twitter-sued-for-breaking-uk-super-injunction-oh-yes/

nuff said^

Twitter, an AMERICAN company, with no UK base is being sued by a european star, and is trying to make twitter adhear to English law.

We have protection of freedom of speach, it is law. An EU player wants to break that freedom of speech to protect himself.

I'll put this real simple, we still listen to europe, and if they do win this, it will prove much more than just that we listen, but we also have to obey still.

Just because a lawsuit is being brought means nothing, two fat chicks tried to sue mcdonalds for making them fat and the case got all the way to trial. The judge basically told them, you're the one that ate the burger. This lawsuit sounds frivolous to be honest since twitter has not European base. No European base means that they are not in Europe. When you are in America, you are bound by American laws. When you are in any other country, you are bound by those laws. Thats what a lot of Americans get themselves in trouble with overseas in fact. Now, the person who was in Europe and broke these laws using their American twitter account could be sued, but I'm guessing that twitter itself won't be held liable.

To those of you playing from Europe or other far-ahead/far-behind time zones, I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, it's very tough to be able to accommodate every time zone that our players come from since they literally are connecting from all over the globe. When you consider that the vast majority of our player base is logging in from North America, it becomes apparent why some of these specific events are scheduled for 5-6pm PDT-- we want the most players possible to be able to participate in the events, and this time allows them to do so after work but before they go to bed.

Also, keep in mind that China itself only has one time zone, so the devs don't generally have to consider the consequences of having a 30 minute event once per day for players across 15+ time zones.

The good news is that many of PWI's daily events can be done at any time throughout the day, which is great because it excludes no one. We'll also see if it would be possible to make specific-time events a bit more time-zone friendly. Something as simple has having those Quiz Event NPC's show up twice a day instead of once would do wonders for you guys.

Thanks for weighing in Frankie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011

+1 frankie.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Mecatl - Heavens Tear
    Mecatl - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011

An answer from Frankie woot! Anyways I think there should be twice the events on in PWI.
    Not every american can play in the day. Besides that since you have players on 24/7 it would make sense to have a later event in the late hours.

And yes there are plenty of mexicans and other spanish speaking players who play this game. Also not every American is white you know.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yay tyvm for the response franky!!

And a not so tyvm for some other flaming american peeps :/
    I mean, jeez, all we ask for is a more friendly even times for european players and we're getting flamed for playing on american servers, LMAO. kinda sad really :'(

And yes, in a reaction to some posts:
    I did switch from HT to DW for more friendly times. Didn't do much in the end anyways, since the times still suck :P (I'm Dutch)

There was a european version, but it closed down. Plus they were ages behind on updates with PWI. What would you rather play? an updated version of the game, or a version that's more than half a year behind? just sayin..

aaand, isn't it fun to play with ppl from all parts of the world? Hell, I think it is :3
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Why would PWI add ways to pay for european players if the servers are North American only?
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ...Something as simple has having those Quiz Event NPC's show up twice a day instead of once would do wonders for you guys.

And that's just what we need, frankie, for quiz and many other stuff some of us hardly can attend, like City of aAbominations, Assault to Archosaur, TW!!! D: . Nice to see that GMs start thinkin about us too, I hope to see it done soon, ty in advance ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Uminoko - Lost City
    Uminoko - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I Agree. and...

I'll tell you why we do have the right to complain about this:

1. We don't have an EU server anymore, it was so freaking bad that it got ruined and closed permanently long ago, if u didn't know.

2. Even if we had an EU server, we're not playing, nor giving support, nor giving our money to that EU server, but to PWI, so as they like to get euros, they should do some effort to make things suitable for us too.

3. If all EU players would go play in a different server, you US players would lose about the 40% (or maybe more) of players to do BH, FB, TT, FC, PV, Nirvana with.

4. We're not asking for a change of event times so it become suitable for EU players only, and letting you US players out, no, what we're asking for is a solution to make it suitable for both, like the idea Irdis posted up there.

So if you gonna say that someone "has the right" to do somethign or not, at least think a bit more about it.

Yup. And thanks frankie :)
  • joepsel
    joepsel Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    +1.

My faction consists of Europeans, mostly. TW is hard for us, though the die-hards stay up till 2 or 3 am to go to TW.

But I have yet to do a CoA, for example. Wednesday night 2 am is not a good time if u have school or work the next day.

The simplest solution would be to offer that kind of events twice a day or more. It cannot be too hard to tag a player as having participated in an event that day. It can be done for Crazy Stone so why not for other events.

As for TW: am afraid we will just have to stick to lots of coffee or Red Bull to play them.
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    For those who can't read or google, I'll write again:

THERE IS NO F*****G EUROPE PWI SERVER AT THE MOMENT!!!
    In fact, there is no Europe PWI server for a long time now.

And we from Europe don't ask that time of events are changed, rather to make events available two times a day.
    Let's say: at 6PM, server time, for you Americans and at 6AM, server time, for us Europeans. And to limit that players can only access them once a day per player, just like we can take a new quest for Bounty Hunt once a day!

Is that hard to understand or what? b:bye

Just wondering, why should Europeans specially get an extra event time slot designed specifically for them? If they were to give Europe its own event time slot so that people in Europe could do their events at a comfortable time, then they would have to do the same for all of the other players that log in from everywhere else in the world. But then they would have to have 6+ event times, and the gms would have to work 24 hours a day. Do you still think it is reasonable to demand a second time slot specifically for people in Europe?
    I'm logging into the game from Japan. I generally don't do events because they are too early in the morning for me. However, I'm not going to complain about the event times. To me, this game is very "international" because, OH LOOK!, I can log in from JAPAN. There are plenty of games that are based in North America that I cannot play at all (without excessive measures), because they will not allow me to.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Just wondering, why should Europeans specially get an extra event time slot designed specifically for them? If they were to give Europe its own event time slot so that people in Europe could do their events at a comfortable time, then they would have to do the same for all of the other players that log in from everywhere else in the world. But then they would have to have 6+ event times, and the gms would have to work 24 hours a day. Do you still think it is reasonable to demand a second time slot specifically for people in Europe?
    I'm logging into the game from Japan. I generally don't do events because they are too early in the morning for me. However, I'm not going to complain about the event times. To me, this game is very "international" because, OH LOOK!, I can log in from JAPAN. There are plenty of games that are based in North America that I cannot play at all (without excessive measures), because they will not allow me to.

It can't be that early in the morning. 8 pm server time is 3-5 am for most Europeans. That should be around 12 pm there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited May 2011
    It can't be that early in the morning. 8 pm server time is 3-5 am for most Europeans. That should be around 12 pm there.

I play HL, its a 13hr time difference. 8pm server time = 9am here. On the days that I don't have school at that time, I like to sleep in.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    I play HL, its a 13hr time difference. 8pm server time = 9am here. On the days that I don't have school at that time, I like to sleep in.

I would wake up at 9 am for TW.

But I will never wake up at 4 am for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited May 2011
    I would wake up at 9 am for TW.

But I will never wake up at 4 am for it.

My point still stands. Your personal preferences do not change that.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    My point still stands. Your personal preferences do not change that.

"I'm not going to complain about the event times."

This is my point. You aren't allowed to complain b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited May 2011
    This is my point. You aren't allowed to complain b:pleased

I'd call that using myself as an example, not complaining. But to each his own.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    I'd call that using myself as an example, not complaining. But to each his own.

I just meant that, you tell us to not complain, ss you aren't complaining yourself. However you can't compare Europe to Japan. You'd have a way better chance to login at the event times then we do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
This discussion has been closed.