Frog skills

Options
Miss_Clover - Dreamweaver
Miss_Clover - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Venomancer
Hello! I'm a big fan of the treefrog pet. I know it might not be as practical as others, but I love it anyway. So I was wondering, If I wanted to suit the treefrog up and make it as epic as it could be without rare skills, which skills should I get on it, and should I max them?
Post edited by Miss_Clover - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just get 8 of them, turn them into eggs, then combine them at Zoologist to make one super frog!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Just get 8 of them, turn them into eggs, then combine them at Zoologist to make one super frog!

I suppose u did notice the fact that in her post she clearly said that she wants the frog as a battle pet right ??? anyway

Frog is a good pet ( i have one of my own , lvl 70 as a back up tank ) not among the best tanking pets but for PVE situations where u would want to do a quest or grind 1vs1 it does the job. now as for skills.

Toxic Mist does get the job done , some say that having a wood skill while venos already can cover that part is not good , personally i dont mind , Now if u are going to stick with it , get it to lvl 5 , if not lvl 3 is good.

Shriek is a reason i really liked this frog , although not really accurate until maxed , this skill can cancel "skills" used by mobs but mainly Bosses (yay). Timing Shriek is a bit harsh ( has a 1 sec lag till it hits) but nothing can stop you from practising it right ?. I like shriek.

Boost is a healing skill , but it is **** , so delete it immediately.

now things to put on it , first of all Tough It helps a lot to decrease the dmg u take. Tough is a great skill to combine with Threaten with decreases the attack power of the opponent ( doing a combo like tough -> tough expires then -> threaten -> repeat) is a great way to tank bosses in a bad squad situation till the tank is ready again to fight.

other good skill is Roar , to reset mob's aggro and build some on the pet ( Roar isnt good for squads cause those lovely DDs cant understand that once aggro is reseted , they can steal it really quickly , and since few of them pay attention to pet skills , they go on spamming their Normal attacks.)

Howl decreases magic def , good in conjuction with toxic mist and ur skills too , if u put howl make sure u max it as well.

So to sum up
    Skills to keep : Toxic Mist , Shriek ( optional , just my tip , it is the reason to get a frog, shiek on a sturdy pet is good )
    Skill to delete : Boost
    Skills to teach : Tough-threaten ( make this a pair , u wont regret it), Howl , Roar.

Enjoy ur little green critter

have fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Dont worry Pheonix, Tweaksie is just speaking tweakz.
    What his one sentence actually means: Make it an all-class pet instead dont waste your time on it.
    Unfortunately he has his big golden boy stuck up his *** and doesn't tolerate any other pet in his habitat.

My personal note, Go froggies !!
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • tweakz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I suppose u did notice the fact that in her post she clearly said that she wants the frog as a battle pet right ??? anyway

My advice would make the frog invincible. Can you top that?
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    My advice would make the frog invincible. Can you top that?

yes , My frog actually does some dmg and can be the one targeted by boss instead of me .... Try now ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • tweakz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yes , My frog actually does some dmg and can be the one targeted by boss instead of me .... Try now ;)

Just a parlor trick that any and most pets can do better. Super frogling ftw!
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

I like seeing them roll onto their back and belly up when they die. b:chuckle Totally made taming one worth it. Then I named it Plague because I hate frogs.

Otherwise, if you really like it, definitely get the spamming skill Bash. I'd probably make it an ugly, squishy version of the Kowlin with Flesh Ream too. Frighten/Threaten would be a good support skill.
  • Miss_Clover - Dreamweaver
    Miss_Clover - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thank you so much Phoenix! I think I'll take that advice and give it the tough/threaten combo. I'm hesitant about shriek, mostly because of the lag time. By the time I use it most skills have already been cast. But in theory it would be totally awesome if I was better at using it!

Toxic mist concerns me mostly because I wasn't sure if it was enough to hold aggro or if I should give it bash instead. The poor little green thing is about 20 lvls below me so I don't expect it to hold aggro yet, of course, but once it catches up.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have used a froggy for a long time. They're pretty capable magic tanks imo. (unfortunate 99% of the mobs will go melee when you get close) But all in all, it's a nice pet.
    Atm I mainly use it for laughs and lures since I got my herc. However, the frog remains with me for now.
    Bash would be a good skill to teach it, because it will keep far better agro than toxic mist. I still gotta try out of the damage boosts though when I use demon venomous. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thank you so much Phoenix! I think I'll take that advice and give it the tough/threaten combo. I'm hesitant about shriek, mostly because of the lag time. By the time I use it most skills have already been cast. But in theory it would be totally awesome if I was better at using it!

Toxic mist concerns me mostly because I wasn't sure if it was enough to hold aggro or if I should give it bash instead. The poor little green thing is about 20 lvls below me so I don't expect it to hold aggro yet, of course, but once it catches up.

Np , glad i helped. As for ur skill issues.
    1) if u cant get used to shriek , delete it and teach ur frog a new skill , nothing stops you from that.

2) the difference between me and the frog is 4 lvls , and he does keep aggro from me. the only times i steal aggro 100% is when i fight earth mobs (obviously) , i crit hit , ot i open with ironwood or lucky scarab. Putting bash is a choice too , but it costs some money to delete toxic mist , learn and lvl up bash . Generally toxic mist is the quite good and also cheap way

now since u dont really use shriek , u can replace it with howl , an invaluable skill that drops the magic defence of mob by a whole 36% (once lvl 5 ofc) That pairs up quite good with Mist (making it quite valid instead of replacing it with bash , however im not quite sure of that ) , since the dmg is magical , along with urs ofc , also , it is a good debuff on boss fights along with ur ironwood scarab.

There is also Roar , which can be used to grab aggro immediately in case u steal. that however puts Toxic mist to an inferior position against bash. The choice is urs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]