Full Mag Cleric Vs Hybrid Cleric

WuhGuh - Harshlands
WuhGuh - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Cleric
5 mag every level (Str for cloth) vs 4 mag and 1 vit (Str for cloth)
Who supports what?
Who thinks which side is better?
Facts?
Post edited by WuhGuh - Harshlands on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I was full int forever. Worked fine for me...

It's not a matter of what is better, it's a matter of what you prefer. Full mag gives you stronger heals/dmg output but somewhat less HP vs hybrid. Hybrid is somewhat less heals/dmg output but more hp. Vit is optional, you put whatever makes you comfortable. If you do well with no extra vit statted, then good for you. If you prefer an extra 15, 20, 25, 35, 50 vit... then there's nothing wrong with that either.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • WuhGuh - Harshlands
    WuhGuh - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, is the extra 50 +/- Vit worth it?
  • Shaiba - Harshlands
    Shaiba - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hello

Thanks for that topic :p I was thinking about creating one, cause I was wondering the same thing b:pleased

My cleric is only lvl 58, I put every two lvl : 8 mag / 1 str / 1 vit. I built her like that cause someone told me that in pure mag clerics dies easily cause of the AoE of some bosses. But now I'm thinking about restating her in pure mag (cause I want better damage and better heals). I will keep an eye on this topic :)

Sorry for my possible bad english :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XShaibax - Archer lvl 69
    ShibinouFR - Cleric lvl 65
    Shaiba - Venomancer lvl 72
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I went hybrid, most of my characters have hybrid type build. For my veno I did it because I didn't like dying in TT at Tentacle Boss, one-shotting me through BB. Then when I went into TW factions it was more crucial for surviving in TW (as well as advised by venos higher than mine was).

For my cleric I added vit because it worked for my veno, but I didn't want her damage completely nerfed by the stat. My vit is capped at 80. For basic survivability 50 should be alright, but if you go into TT (1-# series) you will get one-shot by Tentacle boss. For better all-around survivability I say cap it at 70 and then start compensating with your gears for HP/damage.

In my opinion, yes, it's worth it. Of course because of the way people are utter noobs there will still be accidents, no amount of HP will save you from idiots. It will just keep you standing longer and give you a greater chance to save yourself.

And please, for the love of God, if a squad ever tells you to BB at Wyvern in 51 or Nob and Pole in 69, tell them to stand back. If you go the pure route (even with some Vit stated) those bosses will slaughter you before BB gets put up unless you're lucky; although Pole and Nob have the tendency to one-shot through BB.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Adding Vit is fine. Many cleric's stat 50-100 vit (come even more) and then some pull vit once their gear/refines improve.

Nothing wrong with added Vit at lower or even higher levels, many do it just for that little bit of extra "protection."

You can survive without it though :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    And please, for the love of God, if a squad ever tells you to BB at Wyvern in 51 or Nob and Pole in 69, tell them to stand back. If you go the pure route (even with some Vit stated) those bosses will slaughter you before BB gets put up unless you're lucky; although Pole and Nob have the tendency to one-shot through BB.

I never found that the 69 bosses hit me very hard and I never used BB there because of the interrupt. I just spammed squad heal / IH and purify as required. I stood farther back though, and people may do things differently now. =/

Either way, and correct me if I am wrong, but the 69 interrupt AoEs are magical, no? (Not the short range stuff)
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I never found that the 69 bosses hit me very hard and I never used BB there because of the interrupt. I just spammed squad heal / IH and purify as required. I stood farther back though, and people may do things differently now. =/

Either way, and correct me if I am wrong, but the 69 interrupt AoEs are magical, no? (Not the short range stuff)

IIRC, Guarnob's physical AoE can interrupt too. But it's been ages since I've seen anyone try to BB during a 69 on any character, so not 100% sure. >.O
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    IIRC, Guarnob's physical AoE can interrupt too. But it's been ages since I've seen anyone try to BB during a 69 on any character, so not 100% sure. >.O

Oh duh, I forgot him... Ignore what I mentioned earlier b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I love my vit, I'm a HP who.re. I recently reached 6k HP unbuffed with my refines + gear + 50 base HP in build. Even though a little over 5k would be enough for Nirvana, I like to have more HP. I mean, why should I get more magic if I can heal just fine with 400 base mag? I have a +6 Wheel of Light and all demon healing skills, though. 500 HP can be the difference between life and death... My extra 500 HP saved my butt many times, I tend to survive attacks with 200 or less HP. :P I would never get rid of my vit.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've been told by many that rock pretty hard for my level, and I'm a vit build cleric. I capped my Vit at 40 because I feel like at some point the extra vit stops being as useful as sharding and refining, even if you can only do a little bit. For example this is my current armor, a lot of its out of date but until I hit 90 (as I write this I'm 89) I'm not going to change as I already have most of my 90 gear. :P SO I definitely think that its more worth it to merch a bit and invest in good gear, so you don't have to change it as often. I haven't changed necklaces since level 50 (got that necklace free in bh drop) and haven't changed tops since level 60. Yet, you can only do that if you aren't running around in white named gear.

pwcalc.com/32111ab1d5468f68

As you can see I have decent attack/def, and am not a oneshot on the aoe bosses in FC. I admit to having some things that are better sharded/refined (and a couple of things that are oversharded like the sleeves which I found for only 500k more than the other ones with average refines so I think I came out on top there.) I recommend using a vit build and stalking the auction house for deals as far as gear. You could also use a pure build and do the same thing.

And this would be my char if I had a pure build, and better refines and shards with the same exact gear. As you can see the pure build still wouldn't have as much HP, but the difference really isn't that much but that would make this gear more expensive than it already is. By a couple million or so. So it really depends on available funds and play style really.

http://pwcalc.com/37fb5cd30a355af9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited May 2011

Lol, I just get mad when a DD (a really squishy "pure" build) likes to stand at about mid-range so they are within the boss' aoe range. They get hit for over half their HP or just flat out die. Then they try to blame me because I don't put up BB. Well, if you didn't stand so close you wouldn't die. Not that they listen. I don't mind doing the party heal, but having to waste my time and mana with BB is ridiculous. Standing closer to the boss won't make you hit any harder...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Lol, I just get mad when a DD (a really squishy "pure" build) likes to stand at about mid-range so they are within the boss' aoe range. They get hit for over half their HP or just flat out die. Then they try to blame me because I don't put up BB. Well, if you didn't stand so close you wouldn't die. Not that they listen. I don't mind doing the party heal, but having to waste my time and mana with BB is ridiculous. Standing closer to the boss won't make you hit any harder...

Bah I completely misunderstood what you said the first time, ignore what I quoted and what I said. Mea culpa >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    It's alright ha ha! I like BB, it's a nice skill, but it's a real bugger to use sometimes. Besides, with all the aps **** floating around people expect you to be lazy and BB all the time (at least on my server).
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hmm... I'd would say that both pure mag, vit build and hybrid are ALL valid builds for endgame. Your decision should depend more on your preferences, gear and playstyle. If you want to settle for cheaper gear with lesser shards and refines, add vit. If you have the money for refines and higher grade shards, go pure mag. xD

My cleric has 40 base vit. He manages just fine with over 5k hp unbuffed.

My veno is pure mag. Works just fine for her. 4k unbuffed at lvl 90, which is as much as my cleric had at that lvl. =P

So yeah, as long as you get the correct amount of hp, how much vit you add is entirely up to you. I would say for arcanes, it should be 3k hp at lvl 80, 4k at lvl 90 and 5k at lvl 100 (unbuffed of course).
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I went pure magic on my cleric (5 vit, will restat down to 3 later) and have never had a problem. Some people say it has lower survivability but if I'm tanking something my stronger heals more than make up for less hp. Not to mention, 50 vit points is only 500 hp anyways.

What it comes down to is pvp/tw you'll want obscene amounts of vitality so you are not 1 shot. This way you can either kite till things or dead, or till something kills whats after you.

For PvE you shouldn't need any vit as long as you decently know how to play your class and have mediocre gear. I have **** gear and have around 4k hp unbuffed at lvl 94, and 6k buffed with flawless citrines, garnets, and +2-3 refines. At level 100 when I work on my gear a bit I'll have 7k unbuffed at +5 refines and 9.5k buffed. Plenty of hp with no stats into vitality.

The more common consensus is if you have the money, stat 40 into vitality and then remove it endgame when you have 5k+ hp without it.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Luminair - Raging Tide
    Luminair - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've been told by many that rock pretty hard for my level, and I'm a vit build cleric. I capped my Vit at 40 because I feel like at some point the extra vit stops being as useful as sharding and refining, even if you can only do a little bit. For example this is my current armor, a lot of its out of date but until I hit 90 (as I write this I'm 89) I'm not going to change as I already have most of my 90 gear. :P SO I definitely think that its more worth it to merch a bit and invest in good gear, so you don't have to change it as often. I haven't changed necklaces since level 50 (got that necklace free in bh drop) and haven't changed tops since level 60. Yet, you can only do that if you aren't running around in white named gear.

pwcalc.com/32111ab1d5468f68

As you can see I have decent attack/def, and am not a oneshot on the aoe bosses in FC. I admit to having some things that are better sharded/refined (and a couple of things that are oversharded like the sleeves which I found for only 500k more than the other ones with average refines so I think I came out on top there.) I recommend using a vit build and stalking the auction house for deals as far as gear. You could also use a pure build and do the same thing.

And this would be my char if I had a pure build, and better refines and shards with the same exact gear. As you can see the pure build still wouldn't have as much HP, but the difference really isn't that much but that would make this gear more expensive than it already is. By a couple million or so. So it really depends on available funds and play style really.

http://pwcalc.com/37fb5cd30a355af9

So, what exactly was your vit build up until you capped your vit at 40? And after it was capped, what was your modified build? I actually like your build a lot and I thought I'd give it a try, but I'm not exactly sure what your build consisted of.
    edited May 2011
    So, what exactly was your vit build up until you capped your vit at 40? And after it was capped, what was your modified build? I actually like your build a lot and I thought I'd give it a try, but I'm not exactly sure what your build consisted of.

b:cuteb:thanks

Thanks. I basically just added in strength as needed for armor requirements (the most str you need to wear armor is just 54-55) and added in vitality as needed to. I put in str as needed for my amor, and put in 1 vit each level until I had 40 vit. I found that you don't really need the extra magic earlier on in the game. Actually, I confess to being dumb and capping it to 53 vit and restating out a couple of points because I found you really don't need 50 vit but it really depends on what level your comfortable at. b:laugh As for the gear itself, its a mix of pdef gear and -channeling gear. When I get the money I'll probably add a citrine gem and a few garnet gems to that warsoul helm, which is why its not currently sharded. :P Once it was capped I switched to an almost pure build, but put in a couple of extra points into strength early so that I could use silverrain. Silverrain btw is a highly recommended weapon for me. It's the same grade and adds as aquadash, and on my server was 13 million coins cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Luminair - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    b:cuteb:thanks

Thanks. I basically just added in strength as needed for armor requirements (the most str you need to wear armor is just 54-55) and added in vitality as needed to. I put in str as needed for my amor, and put in 1 vit each level until I had 40 vit. I found that you don't really need the extra magic earlier on in the game. Actually, I confess to being dumb and capping it to 53 vit and restating out a couple of points because I found you really don't need 50 vit but it really depends on what level your comfortable at. b:laugh As for the gear itself, its a mix of pdef gear and -channeling gear. When I get the money I'll probably add a citrine gem and a few garnet gems to that warsoul helm, which is why its not currently sharded. :P Once it was capped I switched to an almost pure build, but put in a couple of extra points into strength early so that I could use silverrain. Silverrain btw is a highly recommended weapon for me. It's the same grade and adds as aquadash, and on my server was 13 million coins cheaper.

Ahh, that makes more sense. Thank you! But just to be sure, did you do like it every two levels? Like for example, you'd do like 6 mag 2 str 2 vit? Or did it just vary every time until you capped your strength and vit? b:cute
    edited May 2011
    Ahh, that makes more sense. Thank you! But just to be sure, did you do like it every two levels? Like for example, you'd do like 6 mag 2 str 2 vit? Or did it just vary every time until you capped your strength and vit? b:cute

It was usually 4 mag 1 vit every level except when I needed it strength. Every ten levels I would like at the str requirement and put it in str instead of vit until I had what i needed. :P It was easier for me than trying to do even levels, odd levels or NOT spending the points every level. I think I hit the cap around my low-mid 50s though. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Luminair - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    It was usually 4 mag 1 vit every level except when I needed it strength. Every ten levels I would like at the str requirement and put it in str instead of vit until I had what i needed. :P It was easier for me than trying to do even levels, odd levels or NOT spending the points every level. I think I hit the cap around my low-mid 50s though. b:chuckle

Thank you! I think I can start my cleric from here. I appreciate the help and lets hope everything works out. Even if I **** up at some point, I can just restat. b:victory b:cute
  • Tenshi - Harshlands
    Tenshi - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This cleric I used avatar now, Tenshi lvl 89 (soon 90) is PURE MAGIC cleric from 1 lvl. I don't remember exatly how it was on start(I have him like 1.5 year), propably hard cos of low hp...till 80+lvl when I got fc gear and hp shards in it. Anyway.. I maked a hybrid cleric after this one to check it off and lvled it till 74 ..... so... it was HORIBBLE for me. This vit i I got s not worth a mag I lost at all. Have to use a lot of mp pots, so it's rather costly and bhs were for me like hard work not funny at all. So I left her with rezz 10 lvl and maxed party buffs sigh

3k hp unbuffed at 7x lvl and 5k mp < 3k hp unbuffed and 9k mp on 89 lvl imho(I wonder what hp I could get on 89 lvl...o.O 5k? lmao and propably 6-7k mp, I gave her A LOT of hp, more vit build then hybrid)

My dmg isn't impressive compared to other dds classes but I had 3x k hits no crit and 45+k crits, not sure if it's good or bad. I hope to get 4.5 k hp on 90 lvl with new gear b:cute Actually I have more mp than most 100+ lvl cleric I saw. b:victory as supporter I think mid hp like 3k+ and 9k+ mp are sigs of good cleric imho ^-^

Can't say anything about my build in FC cos I don't FC at all. BH all the way!

I love my cleric and coudn't left it just for wings I bounded and his name... Tenshi~ b:dirty

Pure supporter, pure love, pure angel~.... whee~
    *^ My alt ^w^

**^ Horny woman in real playing MALE sexy cleric. <3
    edited May 2011
    Thank you! I think I can start my cleric from here. I appreciate the help and lets hope everything works out. Even if I **** up at some point, I can just restat. b:victory b:cute

You are very welcome. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • TurboWolf - Harshlands
    TurboWolf - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Don't be afraid to add a lot of vit, it's always useful and (i think) it also adds some resistance (at least that's what the description states).

I have A LOT of vit, Even I sometimes wonder if I added too much. But then I take a look at myself.

Mediocre gear. No shards. 3.5k HP unbuffed. I did TT 2-3 the other day just fine. When boss was about to die it hit me for like 3.4k. So yeah, pretty much needed to have that vit.

Mediocre weapon. Bubble had enough heals to keep the BM who was tanking full health. He didn't have charm and he claimed not to heal other than with demon spark. No need for much more mag.

Barb has 20k HP and you need to heal most of his health? Just use stream, it'll be good enough.

Besides, clerics are there to help squad alive while -40% boss defenses. A few plume shots really won't make a difference in an APS squad.

Classes should stick to their roles.
    Barb needs to be a sack of meat who can take a punch, not an APS.
    Wizzies need to blast a punch with their magic, they shouldn't have much vit.
    Venos should be able to lure, curse and give sparks; not DD.
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    Zvyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Mediocre gear. No shards. 3.5k HP unbuffed. I did TT 2-3 the other day just fine. When boss was about to die it hit me for like 3.4k. So yeah, pretty much needed to have that vit.

Wow, how much did you add? My cleric has more HP than you and she only has one level on you.
    Barb has 20k HP and you need to heal most of his health? Just use stream, it'll be good enough.

How long do you wait before you heal him? It's generally better to get a few stacks of IH on him first or directly after. Stream takes a loooong time channel.
    Besides, clerics are there to help squad alive while -40% boss defenses. A few plume shots really won't make a difference in an APS squad.

Plume shot is one of the worst skills to use though. Cyclone is better. You're part about that venos is bogus too. Venos are DDs. Luring is just something extra they can do more safely than other classes. Debuffing ("cursing") is good but you can only use one at a time, so it had better be amp. They don't have to give sparks either. If people want them they can ask. When I leveled my veno two years ago the only class who didn't have to ask for a spark was the cleric in BB. Everyone else came second and they had to ask because I liked my sparks and I liked using them. I can agree with you about the barbs, but wizzies are like all the other magic classes in the game (yes, that does include us), adding vit is to their discretion.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Don't be afraid to add a lot of vit, it's always useful and (i think) it also adds some resistance (at least that's what the description states).

I have A LOT of vit, Even I sometimes wonder if I added too much. But then I take a look at myself.

Mediocre weapon. Bubble had enough heals to keep the BM who was tanking full health. He didn't have charm and he claimed not to heal other than with demon spark. No need for much more mag.

Cleric is as much a DD as any other mage class, and so is veno. There will be many situations where you don't need to heal at all. For Aps squads, you still want Dimensional Seal. Also, if you're as invested in your character as a 5aps is: your dmg skills will make a difference.

Stream? So in addition to having less max MP, slower MP recov., less MP from spark (due to lower max MP), you want to use a more MP costly healing skill? No wonder you can't afford good gears.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Vit build is fine, I prefer pure magic but am not going to criticize different views.

Just want to add, if you are pure magic, you will need to have decent refines of your armor to cover your lower hp. I think most pure magic clerics realize this.

I think its more common for the vita clericsto forget to refine or keep their weapons current. They either don't refine anything as well because they have enough hp, or they continue to focus on hp and survivability. If you do add alot to vitality (or go LA cleric...) than please keep a stronger than average weapon.

Was doing a BH metal on my barb. He's an interval barb with slightly lower hp than most barbs (about 15.1k hp but has more defense levels, mdef, and pdef than most barbs too). Anyways, have never had a problem with doing full metal pulls but kept dieing this run. Right before the boss I notice the cleric has 6k hp, and 6.2k mp (normal for a level 100 cleric is around 10k mp) so I know this has to be a vit build cleric. Anyway, their bb couldn't heal me and I died, followed by a squad wipe (their bb couldn't heal anyone else). In the end the cleric had to go, we got a sin and killed it fine on pots and bloodpaint clericless.

I know a dead cleric is a lousy healer, but not having the strength to keep your squad alive causes squad wipes too. So if you go pure mag, refine your armor for hp but its equally important to refine your weapon if you have added to vitality.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited May 2011
    Was doing a BH metal on my barb. He's an interval barb with slightly lower hp than most barbs (about 15.1k hp but has more defense levels, mdef, and pdef than most barbs too). Anyways, have never had a problem with doing full metal pulls but kept dieing this run. Right before the boss I notice the cleric has 6k hp, and 6.2k mp (normal for a level 100 cleric is around 10k mp) so I know this has to be a vit build cleric. Anyway, their bb couldn't heal me and I died, followed by a squad wipe (their bb couldn't heal anyone else). In the end the cleric had to go, we got a sin and killed it fine on pots and bloodpaint clericless.

I know a dead cleric is a lousy healer, but not having the strength to keep your squad alive causes squad wipes too. So if you go pure mag, refine your armor for hp but its equally important to refine your weapon if you have added to vitality.

I consider myself a VIT build, but on the lower end of the VIT some of the true VIT clerics have. Most of those clerics drop over 100 points into vit and I have 80, my gears give me over 100. I have a personal rule when I squad more than one cleric. I always check their HP/MP bars. If their HP is as good as mine or higher then their MP should be nearly equal to mine. If their HP is lower then they should have more MP. I have 5k HP unbuffed and ~9.2k MP, depending on my gears. If both stats are lower I give them the impression if the squad needs BB then they're doing it. I still watch the HP of the other squad members. I have always hated squading more than one cleric and they just suck.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    5 vit since level 1, never had any problem leveling.
    But you need to squad with good players. You are more vulnerable to stupidity.
  • Laelus - Lost City
    Laelus - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'd vote for Pure Magic build since that is what I am and always have been. ^^

Although I would say that it does become a bit tricky to play a cleric of this build because at endgame a lot of things will demand for all classes to have a minimum HP.

I am lvl101 with rank 8 and hh90 chest and legs (I switch gear depending on situations) and hh99 wrists and boots. At minimum I have 3.5k HP but about 4.3k pdef. At most I have 4.2k HP with a very low 2k ish pdef. With my own buffs only because clerics should always have themselves buffed. My gear is only refined to 2/3 also cause I am a bit of a poor cleric.

The only thing I cannot do are a few bosses in 3-x HHs; I get one shot by some bosses so I generally refuse HH 3-x squads and tell them to find a cleric with more HP. NV is very much possible, it requires a lot of attention when you only have 3k HP. But the trick with NV is that when the bosses say "You shall be punished!" or something like that plume shell. You have about 1 second to get plume before they freeze you and attack. Usually I get hit because everyone else in squad is a sin or BM; I don't do squads with other DDs or a tank that often because its a bit rare. NV is a breeze if you know know the tricks. SoT and Abbadon I can do without barbs buffs. It annoys me but I always get "you sure you can survive aoes?" in squads without barbs. There's a few charm ticks but nothing hard at all. And even though I have only 3.8k most of the time when I'm running around a plat HP charm will last me a good 2-3months of daily play which is about 6 hours + every day cause I'm a nerd like that.

I would love to see more pure magic clerics out there, but I generally don't advise this build to people unless they really can and know how to play a cleric. My first cleric, over two years ago, was hybrid 6mag 3vit 1str every two levels. Took a break from the game came back started over and have been rocking 9mag 1 str since then. About to breakthrough to almost 500 magic once I hit 102 and get a lvl2 tome. ^^
  • Lylinn - Raging Tide
    Lylinn - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well i personally prefer hybrid build at Cleric.^^
    The extra hp bonus makes you live longer. b:pleased