Most stressful squads ever..

SaiKun - Harshlands
SaiKun - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Cleric
Everyday this week, I've ran my BHs while pulling my hair out. Two days ago, I ran with 2 wizards and 2 mystics. The mystics seem to think they're invinsible and go Leroy Jenkins everytime they rez themselves from their last escapade. The wizards seemed to think they were barbs, aggroing everything within the vicinity and using Dragon's Breath (Lagged me sooo bad).

Next day...

Ran with 4 BMs and a suicidal Sin. BMs seem to think they were barbs also, except these BMs didn't know wth Alter Magical Marrow was. They didn't spark, they didn't use their buffs (They had Golden Bell ffs), and they seem to think they were Sins, using nothing but fists. When I told half to use Ax for DG and the other half for fists to appease the crowds, I got the following:

BMs: Axes are for nubs. FISTS FTW herp derp.
Sin: I'M GOD!! FEAR MY STEALTH! ~dies~ WTF CLERIC HEAL ME!!
Me:~facepalm~

Has FC heads gotten to be so big that people don't even bother looking at their skills anymore? I ended up tanking 3/5 bosses in that instance (Being BH59) Being a cleric is now about babysitting tards rather than running with a squad that has enough IQ points to rub together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Every cleric I've ever met was a smoker. Coincidence? I think not.
Their build, their way..if they call it Sammitch Build, I care less as long they do their job. ~ColdSnow
Officially Retired : 6/13/2011
Post edited by SaiKun - Harshlands on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    There will always be morons in the world, whether virtual or not.

Just suck it up, try your best, and move on. No one forces you to stay in a bad squad, you know. I've been saying this for ages: if you don't like the squad, give 'em the finger and leave.

Sorry if that comes off as harsh. I don't mean it to be so. Just I've seen lots of posts like this and the stories are all very similar ;)
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I remember squads like that. Except I used have barbs do that. When I ran that BH for my cleric I hated water arm. Someone would always run in and agro everything right at the front and expect me to heal them and tank the other mobs. I would get so tired of it that whenever I would join a squad I would tell how it was going to be. "1. I am only going to heal ONE tank. 2. If you agro more than one mob but don't hold agro I will NOT heal you. 3. I don't play ping-pong. 4. If I die even once I'm leaving." Stuff like that basically. If I didn't want to type too much usually just 1 and 2. Most of the time people accepted it. If they didn't like me they booted me and found a cleric that was good at kissing *** and "Yes, master. Right away, master. Heals for you all master."
  • Glerig - Heavens Tear
    Glerig - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I remember squads like that. Except I used have barbs do that. When I ran that BH for my cleric I hated water arm. Someone would always run in and agro everything right at the front and expect me to heal them and tank the other mobs. I would get so tired of it that whenever I would join a squad I would tell how it was going to be. "1. I am only going to heal ONE tank. 2. If you agro more than one mob but don't hold agro I will NOT heal you. 3. I don't play ping-pong. 4. If I die even once I'm leaving." Stuff like that basically. If I didn't want to type too much usually just 1 and 2. Most of the time people accepted it. If they didn't like me they booted me and found a cleric that was good at kissing *** and "Yes, master. Right away, master. Heals for you all master."

Couldn't have said it better!
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Frankly.... three of those rules are pretty stupid. Yeah, I can understand frustration but seriously? So if your "designated tank" dies for some reason and someone else takes aggro to save your ***, you won't heal them? If someone AoEs a group of mobs, is holding aggro on them quite well, and is fully capable of surviving you won't heal them? And if **** happens because things don't always run smoothly, you'll just ditch the squad? I can understand the aggro ping-pong if you're lazy, in a bad mood, tired, or the people bouncing around the aggro can't handle it.... but I've also been in many squads where the cleric was such an incompetent moron that the only way to keep alive WAS to play ping-pong with aggro so that nobody would take focused damage.

I, for one, really hope you were more flexible, because otherwise you seem like the kind of cleric that makes me so happy I made my own and that there are other classes that can heal.

I, personally, don't mind squads that AoE everything in sight if they're competent about it. In fact, I prefer it when they do that since I get to have more fun that way as well. The only squads that actually annoy me as a cleric? Ones filled with idiots. If a BM plays rambo, I'm all for doing my best to keep them alive. If they play rambo, don't AoE, and then scream for heals, on the other hand, then I'll simply sit back and give them a lesson on heal aggro once they've died.... or if I feel like rubbing their nose in the dirt, I'll go AoE the mobs they failed on and survive it first. There's been plenty of times where I was willing to push y abilities as a cleric to help squads that were going insane... and doing it right. It's when they're being flat out stupid (IE: 2k HP sins wearing nothing but NPC gear and spamming sparks on bosses instead of giving whoever's tanking a chance to get aggro) that I'll sit back, relax, and watch the corpses pile up. And if the squad's full of idiots I'll either leave the squad afterwards, or drop squad and PK them.
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah. I blame power leveling. Too many Hyper noobs... b:shutup
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    jiq wrote: »
    Yeah. I blame power leveling. Too many Hyper noobs... b:shutup

This, basically. Too many lazy spoiled players think they can power level and become GOD and they expect everyone else to bow down to them. Basically what I do is that if they can act wild and take the mobs without me having to Wellspring everyone, that's great. But if they're acting like obnoxious noobs, I warn them two or three times and let them die. If death doesn't teach them then I'm out of there. We (Clerics) don't have to put up with it. The problem is that if they don't get Clerics, they'll either get Mystics (hope they'll enjoy paying Mirages for the res buffs) or APS APS APS SINS. Then they can all be jerkasses together.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Atake - Raging Tide
    Atake - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, sadly, doesn't many of the power level players use time to learn their class, which leaves us with alot of n00bs. I've even experienced barbs that does not aggro the bosses or mobs, they have just hit them with their paws causing the dd's to get aggro..
    It's sad to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaiKun - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    There will always be morons in the world, whether virtual or not.

Just suck it up, try your best, and move on. No one forces you to stay in a bad squad, you know. I've been saying this for ages: if you don't like the squad, give 'em the finger and leave.

Sorry if that comes off as harsh. I don't mean it to be so. Just I've seen lots of posts like this and the stories are all very similar ;)

I understand what you mean. I have left squad many, many, many countless times. The problem is I end up in yet another Hyper noob squad, worse from the last (probably because they were kicked from the last squad). Now, instead of getting my BH done in an hour or so, it takes almost all day. Ridiculous b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Their build, their way..if they call it Sammitch Build, I care less as long they do their job. ~ColdSnow
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I generally don't leave squad unless the BH is done. Unless someone is being abusive, I don't really care as I make sure I'm not the one getting killed. If I see a bunch of people playing leroy jenkins, I'll throw up BB and get some ice cream and tell them to pull everything into it. IF they die in BB they can only blame themselves. b:laugh As long as they are hitting everything they should be able to maintain aggro for the msot part. WHen I see barbs pull a bunch of stuff without aggroing everything, I holy path and come back and res. When I come back I also teach them the importance of aggroing everything, it generally worked at your level. Some people may have skipped and hypered, but I find most of the people in the 50-80s range are NOT hyper noobs, they instead just aren't used to squad dynamics. They have had high levels help them through EVERYthing. I saw someone shouted at OT the other day will a 100+ please solo BH29 for me. Really? Get a squad at the platform instead of asking for stuff to be soloed for you. Unfortunately squads are harder and harder to find because more and more people are skipping to 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    they instead just aren't used to squad dynamics. They have had high levels help them through EVERYthing. I saw someone shouted at OT the other day will a 100+ please solo BH29 for me. Really? Get a squad at the platform instead of asking for stuff to be soloed for you. Unfortunately squads are harder and harder to find because more and more people are skipping to 100.

yes that is almost as good as a hyper noob.

Low levels nowadays think that all high level own them a living.
    They dont ask for squad anymore for bh.. they ask for people who can solo.

if you have people whom are hyper active, just let them die a few times..
    tell them working as a team will get them further... it works most of the time.
    And if anything they will leave instead of you.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I did a BH 59...

The cleric didn't seem to know what IH was. I used up all of my crab meat. I completely depleted my Alpha Male Genie.

And I was tanking on a Sin. >_> I may as well have just bought a bunch more crab meat and soloed the bosses I needed and been done in 5 minutes instead of an hour.

So yes, power leveling is turning the lower levels into idiocy.

The worst part is, I can very easily solo BH29. I can solo BH39 now on my Sin. But, if I offer to run people through, half the time, they demand I find someone 'capable of soloing it'.

I'm to the point of not helping on random BH29/39's anymore.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Frankly.... three of those rules are pretty stupid. Yeah, I can understand frustration but seriously? So if your "designated tank" dies for some reason and someone else takes aggro to save your ***, you won't heal them? If someone AoEs a group of mobs, is holding aggro on them quite well, and is fully capable of surviving you won't heal them? And if **** happens because things don't always run smoothly, you'll just ditch the squad?

You're an idiot please get off the forums. 2,700 posts of spam and you still have trouble understanding posts in context? Yeah, that's ****ing EXACTLY what she means. /sarcasm

God you're as dumb as a rock I swear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
    edited May 2011
    You're an idiot please get off the forums. 2,700 posts of spam and you still have trouble understanding posts in context? Yeah, that's ****ing EXACTLY what she means. /sarcasm

God you're as dumb as a rock I swear.

YAY! b:victory My hero! I was too angry and grinding my teeth away to reply to him!

I like a good tank because if I can manage it I like to DD. I can never remember to debuff regularly because I dislike the cleric debuffs, always have. If I'm stuck playing pong or in BB then I don't get to have fun with my cleric. I didn't make a cleric for the healing skills, I made her for the attack skills, Tempest primarily. The heals and buffs were a bonus.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So, I'm playing my 75 cleric and doing some bh's.... the thing that upsets me the most is the fact that ppl don't talk anymore.... why? Is everyone in such a hurry they can't relax in a game anymore?

Plvlrs may be an issue, but they sure make us oldies look pro b:chuckle
    edited May 2011
    So, I'm playing my 75 cleric and doing some bh's.... the thing that upsets me the most is the fact that ppl don't talk anymore.... why? Is everyone in such a hurry they can't relax in a game anymore?

Plvlrs may be an issue, but they sure make us oldies look pro b:chuckle

That's true. I've noticed that people don't talk in squads much. Sometimes I try breaking the ice, but sometimes I'm already grinding my teeth that I don't want to say anything. Of course when I'm stuck in BB it's easy to type (got nothing else to do).
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sometimes it's better to just do the run at your pace, and let the suicidal die if they run out of range.
    It's a lot more relaxing, and it generally improves the dialogues between everyone.

I've done some bh squad recently to help people, and it's incredible to see how people seems not to know the game anymore.
    One out of two squad doesnt know about 2 sparks for BB, and just pull the boss without asking if I have enough chi. In this case, most of the time, I just let everyone die (if I think I can't save the situation). The puller gets then blamed by anyone. I think it's a good way to teach a lesson.
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've long hated the silent runs that are the case unless you're with Faction/Friend List squad. I tried always to talk and ask question on what they plan to do or what's going on - to be ignored mostly. Lack of communication = No.1 cause of deaths in squad. Makes me very reluctant to participate in instances without familiar people (on my high lvl cleric).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've found the silent runs for BH100 in random groups to be the most effective and efficient ones. I'm not saying it's because of the silence, but more that at 100, most of the random groups I'm in know what they are doing. Yes, there are idiots at 100 too, but over 50% of the time, random groups are good for me. I think it has to do with the ease of acquiring Rank 8 gear. This provides a little bit of idiot-proofing for squad runs.

So take heart! It'll get better at 100. Or at least on HT, it will.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011

If nothing else, at least your BH runs become profitable. :o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited May 2011
    Yes, there are idiots at 100 too, but over 50% of the time, random groups are good for me.

It is a little better and the idiocy does seem to drop rather dramatically (probably because they have gone to plvl another character).
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sometimes it's better to just do the run at your pace, and let the suicidal die if they run out of range.
    It's a lot more relaxing, and it generally improves the dialogues between everyone.

I've done some bh squad recently to help people, and it's incredible to see how people seems not to know the game anymore.
    One out of two squad doesnt know about 2 sparks for BB, and just pull the boss without asking if I have enough chi. In this case, most of the time, I just let everyone die (if I think I can't save the situation). The puller gets then blamed by anyone. I think it's a good way to teach a lesson.

Oh yeah, I hate that especially since they don't realize we don't get sparks in BB. They expect it to go back up so much. Then there are those that feel the need to tell you when and where to BB and then don't proceed to stun/roar/aggro the mobs they pull into it. b:angry I have cloud eruption and I do help it along with IH or BoTP but you do have to wait for me to get sparks after a BB if you expect to do it again shortly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So some of you agree with the "I die once I leave " ****?

And instead of backing it with reason, resort to petty insults.

WELL, lets apply the same to you then, if anyone dies ONCE in the squad, we kick the fail cleric and get another one.

I facepalm at this disgrace. You are giving clerics a bad name.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So some of you agree with the "I die once I leave " ****?

And instead of backing it with reason, resort to petty insults.

WELL, lets apply the same to you then, if anyone dies ONCE in the squad, we kick the fail cleric and get another one.

I facepalm at this disgrace. You are giving clerics a bad name.

Errr.... no.

And yes, to be honest...

I don't agree with the "I die once I leave" remark, and I did die several times in the same bh, but while some were deaths of pure bad luck ( like passing and not seeing a mob ) some others were of pure idiocy from other players.

I actually kicked ppl from squad just for acting gung-ho and getting squad wiped out.

If ppl don't respect me, I don't have to be considerate to them.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Errr.... no.

And yes, to be honest...

I don't agree with the "I die once I leave" remark, and I did die several times in the same bh, but while some were deaths of pure bad luck ( like passing and not seeing a mob ) some others were of pure idiocy from other players.

I actually kicked ppl from squad just for acting gung-ho and getting squad wiped out.

If ppl don't respect me, I don't have to be considerate to them.

I dont believe I was referring to you exactly, I was referring to the poster who said she set up those rules for the water wing of a bh.

That wing is really not that hard, it can be blasted through with a few zhenning DDs, HFing BM, and a Cleric who uses BB; all of course must know what they are doing and be able to keep their health up fairly well even without BB.

Clerics can tank that BH, and it really takes a squad of idiots to truly fail so badly in that the "die once and leave" rule would have to be implemented, in which case how would the squad have made it that far anyway?And If that was the first BH of the day, how could one judge at that point that it would be appropriate to leave after one death. Either way I do not see justification for such a rule. Anyway I'm out of cleric subforum I dont belong here *runs away*
  • SaiKun - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I've long hated the silent runs that are the case unless you're with Faction/Friend List squad. I tried always to talk and ask question on what they plan to do or what's going on - to be ignored mostly. Lack of communication = No.1 cause of deaths in squad. Makes me very reluctant to participate in instances without familiar people (on my high lvl cleric).

Yah I've noticed a lot of people don't talk and expect you to know telepathy or something. Yesterday, had a decent squad except for the number two barb. Lagging behind and aggroing all the mobs we snuck around, I asked for lead and kicked the **** outta him. Rest of the squad seem to be in horror silence and stuck to me like glue. b:chuckle Only time I talked in the entire BH and it worked out b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Idiots exist in all MMORPG and even in real life. You can't have a world without them. It's always good to deal with them as best as you can and if it gets REALLY bad, boot them out of squad and get a replacement. Or only go with friends and factionmates. That works too. That's kind of why I put my alts through the same torture my cleric suffered when he was their lvl (and my only char). There's a lot of low lvl fun that power lvlers miss out on, along with the experience of learning your class via bh.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
    edited May 2011
    I dont believe I was referring to you exactly, I was referring to the poster who said she set up those rules for the water wing of a bh.

That wing is really not that hard, it can be blasted through with a few zhenning DDs, HFing BM, and a Cleric who uses BB; all of course must know what they are doing and be able to keep their health up fairly well even without BB.

Clerics can tank that BH, and it really takes a squad of idiots to truly fail so badly in that the "die once and leave" rule would have to be implemented, in which case how would the squad have made it that far anyway?And If that was the first BH of the day, how could one judge at that point that it would be appropriate to leave after one death. Either way I do not see justification for such a rule. Anyway I'm out of cleric subforum I dont belong here *runs away*

I got into so many squads every day for BH where a barb or bm would run in attack ONE mob but have all 4-5 of them agroed and scream at me to heal them. Why should I kill myself to heal them for their stupidity? That same wing can be "blasted" through without ever using BB or zhenning DDs or whatever else. One tank per one or two mobs is fine, more if they can handle it. All I wanted was for them to have agro on everything before squealing in panic because their HP was dropping and I didn't want to heal them to get agro myself because I knew they wouldn't save me. Generally speaking, there's one cleric to a squad and in the days before the EG release we had no one to ress us unless another was brought in or we had GAs+scrolls.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Many of these squads would be nicer if squadmates would actually tell the dumb.asses when they're doing something wrong. I'm so sick of having tanks/DDs that talk disrespectfully to me and then I recieve a flood of "he is such an ***" or "pls don't leave ignore him" pms from the rest of the squad.
    When I'm on archer or veno I will defend the cleric in squadchat when somebody is being an ***. And guess what? The dummy usually shuts up or backs down. I don't know why more people don't have the balls to do that.

Like today in Frost. At Holeen a bm was tanking and he kept following Holeen when the boss moved rather than bringing it back to BB. I asked him to get into BB. He told me it was my fault because I was too far away (yeah lol). When I told him to bring the boss back he snapped "then why don't you tank?" He then said he didn't even need a cleric and told me to stop healing the party. I guess it never occurred to him that while HE could charmtank, there were other people in the squad that were going to die without heals.
    Anyway, after the boss I received a flood of pms telling me to ignore him, that I was a good cleric, ect. This guy obviously didn't give a **** if his fellow squaddies were plastered to the floor or charmraped SO WHY NOT DEFEND ME IN CHAT U PUSSIES?b:angry
  • SaiKun - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Many of these squads would be nicer if squadmates would actually tell the dumb.asses when they're doing something wrong. I'm so sick of having tanks/DDs that talk disrespectfully to me and then I recieve a flood of "he is such an ***" or "pls don't leave ignore him" pms from the rest of the squad.
    When I'm on archer or veno I will defend the cleric in squadchat when somebody is being an ***. And guess what? The dummy usually shuts up or backs down. I don't know why more people don't have the balls to do that.

Like today in Frost. At Holeen a bm was tanking and he kept following Holeen when the boss moved rather than bringing it back to BB. I asked him to get into BB. He told me it was my fault because I was too far away (yeah lol). When I told him to bring the boss back he snapped "then why don't you tank?" He then said he didn't even need a cleric and told me to stop healing the party. I guess it never occurred to him that while HE could charmtank, there were other people in the squad that were going to die without heals.
    Anyway, after the boss I received a flood of pms telling me to ignore him, that I was a good cleric, ect. This guy obviously didn't give a **** if his fellow squaddies were plastered to the floor or charmraped SO WHY NOT DEFEND ME IN CHAT U PUSSIES?b:angry

Sadly, Clerics get bashed the most due to everyone's hugemungous e-peen. They expect us to do everything at once - BB, purify, heal the tank, stack the tank, heal the DDs, watch for aggro, play ping pong, stay alive if the squad wipes, rez squad while tanking magic bosses (because they pull aggro too much), go back and rez people that are too fat to sneak around mobs, expect to be stocked to the teeth with scrolls...
    Sometimes, all we can do is stay alive to keep people from rage quitting because they don't want to wait for us to 4.8 mps our way back. Honestly, I have to go a day without playing my cleric just to keep all my hair. People don't realize that we have the most important jobs in the game (albeit the most stressful).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Therasell - Heavens Tear
    Therasell - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sadly, Clerics get bashed the most due to everyone's hugemungous e-peen. They expect us to do everything at once - BB, purify, heal the tank, stack the tank, heal the DDs, watch for aggro, play ping pong, stay alive if the squad wipes, rez squad while tanking magic bosses (because they pull aggro too much), go back and rez people that are too fat to sneak around mobs, expect to be stocked to the teeth with scrolls...
    Sometimes, all we can do is stay alive to keep people from rage quitting because they don't want to wait for us to 4.8 mps our way back. Honestly, I have to go a day without playing my cleric just to keep all my hair. People don't realize that we have the most important jobs in the game (albeit the most stressful).

^I hear you. I love it when in instances Tanks or DD's run off ahead fully aware of how slow clerics are, grab aggro from 15+ mobs or start attacking the boss while we're left behind and out of genie juice so we can't use holy path. Then after they die due to their own fail they rage "Why didn't you heal!?!" or "Wow, the cleric just failed." I personally love that one. I can understand that they want to finish quickly but come on. Blaming someone else for your own mistakes is really annoying and unfair. This doesn't really happen to me anymore but when it does I don't hesitate to bite their heads off when it's clearly their fault and they try to blame me >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]