Thanks for the Quiz Event!

Options
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
This was a really fun event. It might help next time to just have more npc locations but I was able to do all three of my chars without too much trouble, even it was a little laggy. It was a fun event and cute idea. b:cuteb:cuteb:chuckleb:thanks

And for those saying it was too hard to click, don't forget to adjust your settings. :P Don't just hide players in distance range limit at the top, you have to turn down the distance in your UI as well so that range isn't so large. Try to get it so it looks like this to avoid the people on the mounts.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Fashion%20Album/easytoclick1k.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Fashion%20Album/easytoclickarcho.jpg

Added Later: Hopefully that won't be necessary next time because they'll actually add more NPCs....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
Pusillanimous:
1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
Post edited by VenusArmani - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    For the amount of EXP it gave relative for the time it took for me to do this event, I'm going to admit it was a good event. I had to take my client to it's lowest settings, sure, but why gripe about it? I still got a decent amount of EXP for five minutes of my time on each character I could do the event on before time ran out.

There were two downsides to this event. Actually no, we'll make it three.
    1) Unstashable all class pets. I don't even know what drug they were smoking when they thought this was a good idea.
    2) Fruit rewards for anything above level 80. It would have been nice if they could put a little bit more effort into the chests and tailor them to suit the levels better - 0.1% EXP per chest at 80 (and less as you climb the levels) really is useless in just about every possible way.
    3) The players. This isn't something that the GMs or devs can actually do anything about, but players made this event ****ty. And, surprisingly, I'm talking about the whiners who wouldn't shut up about people's mounts and aerogear.

Seriously. I ended up wanting to get onto my mounts just to spite these people whining in all caps about how they were lagging oh so badly so everybody and their mother should get off their mounts AND HOW THEY RAGED ABOUT IT IN ALL CAPS JUST LIKE THIS EVERY TEN SECONDS.
    It's called lowest settings + shift click + ****, stay in one place and deal with it. Whining at people to demount, put pets away or get off flying mounts repeatedly just pisses people off and makes them twice as likely to stay with mounts and pets out.

Good event otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    For the amount of EXP it gave relative for the time it took for me to do this event, I'm going to admit it was a good event. I had to take my client to it's lowest settings, sure, but why gripe about it? I still got a decent amount of EXP for five minutes of my time on each character I could do the event on before time ran out.

1) Unstashable all class pets. I don't even know what drug they were smoking when they thought this was a good idea.
    2) Fruit rewards for anything above level 80. It would have been nice if they could put a little bit more effort into the chests and tailor them to suit the levels better - 0.1% EXP per chest at 80 (and less as you climb the levels) really is useless in just about every possible way.
    3) The players. This isn't something that the GMs or devs can actually do anything about, but players made this event ****ty. And, surprisingly, I'm talking about the whiners who wouldn't shut up about people's mounts and aerogear.

Seriously. I ended up wanting to get onto my mounts just to spite these people whining in all caps about how they were lagging oh so badly so everybody and their mother should get off their mounts AND HOW THEY RAGED ABOUT IT IN ALL CAPS JUST LIKE THIS EVERY TEN SECONDS.
    It's called lowest settings + shift click + ****, stay in one place and deal with it. Whining at people to demount, put pets away or get off flying mounts repeatedly just pisses people off and makes them twice as likely to stay with mounts and pets out.

Good event otherwise.

QFT + 1

Besides haven't these people ever heard its the thought that counts? it was nice free event, that was easy to do, accessible to all players in almost every level range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I wanted the blue owl so badlyb:cryb:cry But didn't get any pet!! I demand keeping this event up until I do muahahahahahaha!!!!!

But yes, great event!
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Good event otherwise.

The best way anyone could have put it, IMO.

Event's like this are nice. We need more of them.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Well, I had turned graphics all the way down, everything! And still some stupid people with mounts and flyers were on top of NPC.

If it's ok to annoy other players with stupid mounts and other stuff, it's ok to annoy with whining about that. Client crashed several times to me, and I repeat, all graphics options were ond lowest settings.

I just feel like most of the players are complete idiots and they just like to make other players angry.
    Same thing goes with mounts/flyers near other NPCs, like Banker, AH, Head Hunter... to me it's just being really stupid to stand just on the place where NPC is and stand there for a lot of time. b:angry
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    largely, agreed. it was fun enough to do on my main the two days i was able to. while i didn't bother logging all manner of alts to do it on, if it had kept going another few days, i would have kept doing it.

i'm actually glad i didn't get one of the all-class pets. talk about booby prize; i'd rather have the fruit, which are pointless even at level 70. and i don't know what i'll do with less than 50 mysterious chips... probably dice tickets. still, it was an amusing and fun thing to do, feel free to bring it back some time.

oh, and CroPsy? learn to hold the shift key down when clicking on NPCs buried underneath players. it's not hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    to bring it back some time.

oh, and CroPsy? learn to hold the shift key down when clicking on NPCs buried underneath players. it's not hard.
    I know how to do that, but it would be nice if other players would show just a little bit of common sense and education b:victory
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well, I had turned graphics all the way down, everything! And still some stupid people with mounts and flyers were on top of NPC.

If it's ok to annoy other players with stupid mounts and other stuff, it's ok to annoy with whining about that. Client crashed several times to me, and I repeat, all graphics options were ond lowest settings.

I just feel like most of the players are complete idiots and they just like to make other players angry.
    Same thing goes with mounts/flyers near other NPCs, like Banker, AH, Head Hunter... to me it's just being really stupid to stand just on the place where NPC is and stand there for a lot of time. b:angry

See, here's the thing. If you go around whining repeatedly about people on mounts and call them stupid, they're going to stay on their mounts and aerogear to spite your sorry ***. It really isn't their fault you appear to have a computer made of wood (any relatively new computer out in the last couple of years should be able to handle it on lowest settings, even if it only runs at 2 or 3fps.)

The fact of the matter is all you have to do is go onto lowest settings, stand there, not move, wait for the NPC, shift-click on the NPC when it appears, do all the questions and leave. If your computer cannot handle it, it's not the fault of the person sitting on their mount.

And expecting them to dismount by screaming at them in all-caps, calling them stupid or constantly bugging them every thirty seconds is a dumbass expectation. IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have pretty good PC, and I know how to put all graphics settings to minimum, and game still crashed. b:bye
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have a pretty bad PC and had settings to a minimum and had no issues at all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    (any relatively new computer out in the last couple of years should be able to handle it on lowest settings, even if it only runs at 2 or 3fps.)

FWIW, an Asus EEE netbook (intel atom, 1GB ram) proved not able to handle the event. i guess i should've known better than to try, considering it gives me 1-2fps in west archo at normal times and lowest settings... near these NPCs?i think my FPS might have actually gone negative for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The lag was very manageable with minimum settings. The event itself was awesome. Free stuff just for showing up. The questions were reasonable and the rewards were high. Excellent work.

@the complainers, Complainers will complain no matter what, so keep complaining away since it makes you happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    At least this event didn't need 5.0 aps.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    At least this event didn't need 5.0 aps.b:chuckle

^
    Yeah deff i loved that anyone could do this event

There were 3 sets of NPCS that i could find, just wish they had all been announced.

And the non stash thing -.- why did i pay 15 bucks so i can get stuff i cant stash b:angry

Other than that Great event, even with the answers leaked i knew most off hand, and i really liked the trick questions in there.

thanks for the event i give it about an B+ just ALMOST there Gms ALMOST
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have pretty good PC, and I know how to put all graphics settings to minimum, and game still crashed. b:bye

Then perhaps your internet connection sucked ***. Either way, doesn't change the fact that you shouting and screaming for people to get off their mounts just because your piece-of-wood machine couldn't handle it on even lowest settings is not their fault and is not likely to make them dismount.

If you had the sort of attitude you show here in game itself, I can understand why people didn't bother dismounting for you. I would have gotten on a mount to spite you, myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It was nice. :) I think there should have been a larger pool of questions though, cause I got the same questions twice in one go a few times, but was still nice. I really wanted one of those pets, but oh well.

Also, I always have normal chat off, so whoever was whining about mounts didn't get my attention whatsoever. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    FWIW, an Asus EEE netbook (intel atom, 1GB ram) proved not able to handle the event. i guess i should've known better than to try, considering it gives me 1-2fps in west archo at normal times and lowest settings... near these NPCs?i think my FPS might have actually gone negative for a while.

LOL EEE PC... Epic... And it didn't client crash repeatedly?

I was getting 8-12 FPS in the Archo event. I relogged on my Archer, in 1K streams, and even without poking the best performance button, was getting 15 FPS. Core2Duo Conroe, 4 GB of RAM, 3780X2 video card (which, really, isn't that great for MMO's).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Good event otherwise.

agree, except you can just turn off the normal chat and all the annoyance with pple will magically disappear b:chuckle
    oh yeah and make sure you re not on mount if you absolutely dont want to turn it off :o no reason to qq = no qq b:chuckle

Edit: I understand that Airyll wasnt on mount from the way she/he said it, but that part wasnt adressed towards her/him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    agree, except you can just turn off the normal chat and all the annoyance with pple will magically disappear b:chuckle oh yeah and make sure you re not on mount if you absolutely dont want to turn it off :o no reason to qq = no qq b:chuckle

I didn't even know people were raging about mounts and pets. Whenever there is a crowd I always turn off local, and I rarely have world up. I think it's funny people would think the mounts and pets would make that big of a difference. Just turn setting down to minimum, turn the people range to minimum, and talk at a weird angle at max distance. It didn't even cross my mind to ask people to put pets away or dismount. Weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I didn't even know people were raging about mounts and pets. Whenever there is a crowd I always turn off local, and I rarely have world up. I think it's funny people would think the mounts and pets would make that big of a difference. Just turn setting down to minimum, turn the people range to minimum, and talk at a weird angle at max distance. It didn't even cross my mind to ask people to put pets away or dismount. Weird.

neither did I, but i had my chat off and we re on the different server from that person
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    at least you didnt get told off for switching chars during event to do the trivia b:surrender

certain someone complained that it forces dc on some pple
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I loved it! Thank you! I hope it happens again and maybe in more than one spot with more NPCs to lessen the lag issues.

I got to play it on 4 characters the second day and 5 the third. No pet, but I can hope for the next time! <3
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The event was awesome, I got my veno a lot of good TW pots and an awesome butterfly for my baby sin =). Some of the lower questions were actually harder than the 90+ ones though, which I found weird.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Syntaxis - Dreamweaver
    Syntaxis - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I loved the event and hope you will do this quiz more often! Good Exp (even for a lvl96), and also the rewards are pretty nice.

One suggestion. The timing of the event is not really ideal for European players (its at midnight in my country). So maybe you could use two time slots during which the event is active (even though you would still be allowed to take it only once every day). b:pleased
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ok, I gotta pay my respects when it's due.b:chuckle

This was a really nicely planned thing. I didn't have to be 5.0aps to try and get stuff.b:victory

1st day... storm caused NO internet. So bye bye trivia.b:bye
    2nd day... I woke up and said: "Meh!" and went to bed since it was the middle of the night here:S
    3rd day... I decided to wake up and try it out. Ok, so my machine is... old and laggs HORRIBLY so I saw no hope for the trivia, remembering past events with the whole server at 1 spot. I logged on and waited for the NPC to spawn. I always have my settings on min so didn't have to do it.b:surrender So I get to the quiz and... DC! YAY! I came back to a failed question. booooo. I kept on trying and with the help of 'shift' I managed to somehow, laggy but laggy, get a few questions and a few answers. I QQed 'cause I lost a few due to misclick (i.e lag) and a few that I got right and were repeated and I just got confused (lol).

You all argue about the mount thing. Yea.. Funnily enough there was some1 on the mammoth near the npc and a random person made a comment (not angry, more lulzy) about the big *** mount and guess what.... the person dismounted. There were a few elfs with their wings hovering just above us, but most of them disappeared quickly. I, myself, wanted to get on a mount and **** people off, but I slapped myself and didn't. It was a lulzy/friendly event, which shocked me pleasantly:)))

All in all. This was well done. My idea with the pop up quiz still stands... More NPCs would be nice, as well. The timing is horrible for me, but so it was for others, I guess. Like some1 suggested... maybe 2 time slots? like for the race? Would be cool. I got decent exp and spirit, and a few nice pots. I didn't get the pretty owl. QQ. While some people got the same pet multiple times during the weekend.

Thanks for the event. May it return IMPROVED soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Then perhaps your internet connection sucked ***. Either way, doesn't change the fact that you shouting and screaming for people to get off their mounts just because your piece-of-wood machine couldn't handle it on even lowest settings is not their fault and is not likely to make them dismount.

If you had the sort of attitude you show here in game itself, I can understand why people didn't bother dismounting for you. I would have gotten on a mount to spite you, myself.
    As i said, i have really good PC. It's not piece-of-wood or anything, and my internet connection is better than 90% of people in USA.

And being on a mount and covering NPC is just stupid. No matter why someone do it. It's stupid and just show lack of respect for other players.
    If some players want to act stupid, they need to expect that other players will be angry at them.
    This game is not owned by people who have mounts or stuff like that, so they don't have any right to make other players game worse.

But I guess it's hard to expect more respect from a bunch of kids that want to show off their stupid mounts. I guess they consider themselves "cool" if they make other players game experience that much worse.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    As i said, i have really good PC. It's not piece-of-wood or anything, and my internet connection is better than 90% of people in USA.

And being on a mount and covering NPC is just stupid. No matter why someone do it. It's stupid and just show lack of respect for other players.
    If some players want to act stupid, they need to expect that other players will be angry at them.
    This game is not owned by people who have mounts or stuff like that, so they don't have any right to make other players game worse.

But I guess it's hard to expect more respect from a bunch of kids that want to show off their stupid mounts. I guess they consider themselves "cool" if they make other players game experience that much worse.

Or maybe, they ran into their with a mount to get to the location on time. Got immediately cussed out when they got their, and said "well, **** you too." Nevertheless, an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind. You catch more flies with honey, etc. You want to know what, the first time I went up there with my mount it was 6:20 and i was rushing to get some questions in before the npc closed. I had every intention of stowing my mount, but the second i got there before my pet bag even opened, I was pm and called a (hopping bunny) and the person demanded I get off my mount. So I figured, you know what i'm just gonna stay on it then. And I did. Its not my responsibility after all to make sure you can play the game. If archo was too laggy, go to 1k streams. That isn't my responsibility. The second day I went and did the same thing because I was working on three chars, but this time I was pmed as soon as I got there with this "could you please get off your mount, I can't click the NPC anymore," not only did I dismount but I moved behind the NPC completely and helped people with the answers with questions after I was done. Which only served to drive home that I should take my own advice about eye for an eye as this time I answered all the questions and it was much easier to click. Heck, as I said even had time answer questions and look up which ones had wrong answers marked as correct ones.

Long story short: If you want someone to do something to make your gameplay experience easier, try being civil. Calling names and assuming motives and IQs won't get you anywhere in game or in life. Want another example of a valid/innocent/or at least reasonable explanation? The person had distance down and so didn't think there was that many people on there or (or assumed that the people there was looking at the same screen as they were) any other number of perfectly innocent, valid, and reasonable explanations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Gugi - Dreamweaver
    Gugi - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Good event otherwise.

about 1) and 2): this is trivia event, which does not require potions/charms/powder/gears to score, so i think the rewards are fair. The buff pills are awsome, if one plans to solo things, though i agree that it wouldve been nice if the pets were acount-stashable.
    3) I totaly agree with this b:laugh
    If even with visuals crancked down to zero one have lag in Arch, then they shouldve went to 1k.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    . You want to know what, the first time I went up there with my mount it was 6:20 and i was rushing to get some questions in before the npc closed. I had every intention of stowing my mount, but the second i got there before my pet bag even opened, I was pm and called a (hopping bunny) and the person demanded I get off my mount. So I figured, you know what i'm just gonna stay on it then. And I did. Its not my responsibility after all to make sure you can play the game.
    Guess what, I don't care that you had to hurry to get there on time. And guess what, I care even less that someone just came there and got spammed with messages to remove mount. It's not like it is impossible to stow mount a little further from NPC and walk for a 2-3 seconds.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Guess what, I don't care that you had to hurry to get there on time. And guess what, I care even less that someone just came there and got spammed with messages to remove mount. It's not like it is impossible to stow mount a little further from NPC and walk for a 2-3 seconds.

Guess what, I don't care that you can't wait the 2-3 seconds for me to stow my mount. And the extra time it took to get off my mount and walk into the lag instead of finding a good spot right away? That is time I could have been spent answering a question, time is money. You want me to go out of my way for you? Try being civil to me and showing me the same basic decency you demand of me. You don't care? Fine, then I don't either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: