Demon or Sage ?

_Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
_Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Barbarian
i can't choose, i checked all the skills on http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillwb.php but they come out equal , b:shutup
plz let me know ur oppinion on whether to be sage or demon on a barb and why b:thanks
thank you
[SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
Post edited by _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Demon.

Full damage in true form opens up a lot of possibilitys
    longer devour duration is great
    Demon bestial onslaught is great while sage doesn't allow you to zerk on the attack, also can be cced for perm +35% crit buff
    HP buff is great for building chi fast
    Demon spark allows for easier 5 aps if you choose to go claw build.
    Extra 10% damage on demon arma, nuff said
    100% crit rate from demon sunder.

Oh, and the level 100 skill ancestral wrath is tiger form only, so it's twice as effective if you're demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Demon.

Demon bestial onslaught is great while sage doesn't allow you to zerk on the attack, also can be cced for perm +35% crit buff

Oh, and the level 100 skill ancestral wrath is tiger form only, so it's twice as effective if you're demon.

no one else has a different opinion ? b:pleased
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Honestly, I would say sage. I always say sage. The only problem i is it tends to cost alot more to do correctly and well than Demon. You unfortunately need alot of skills to make it worth it but Shape Shifting Intensity, Trueform, Mighty Swing and Sunder, are all things that make this path worth it.

However, you also need heavy refines to balance the fact you don't hit very hard.

If you're going to go sage, go full out and do VIT build you won't be disappointed but what do I know, i'm a dieing breed for a reason.
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Honestly, I would say sage. I always say sage. The only problem i is it tends to cost alot more to do correctly and well than Demon. You unfortunately need alot of skills to make it worth it but Shape Shifting Intensity, Trueform, Mighty Swing and Sunder, are all things that make this path worth it.

However, you also need heavy refines to balance the fact you don't hit very hard.

If you're going to go sage, go full out and do VIT build you won't be disappointed but what do I know, i'm a dieing breed for a reason.

ok so im back to 0 again b:surrender
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If you're a more offensive style player who enjoys making sure things die, go demon.

If you prefer to be more defensive and like being one of the last men standing or intend to pull catas, go sage.

For barbs, it depends purely on how you like to play.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ok so im back to 0 again b:surrender

Demon Barb =)
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Demon.

-50% weapon damage is 1/2 total damage now? well hot damn my bm's DBB just doubles my DPH, hey how about that 500% off spark thats gonna give 5x attack right?

The rest i more or less agree with but bad rawrgh bad, *rolled up newspaper*
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Demon.

And im a sage barb.

Demon seems like way more fun due to:

a.) full damage
    b.) ridiculous crit rates (demon onslaught +35% crit)
    c.) m.def orns and 5aps ftw
    d.) demon arma pwns hardcore
    e.) demon bki fills chi way faster than master li's technique for sages, ironically

sage pros:

a.) more p.def in tiger
    b.) slightly better buffs
    c.) like a few k hp more tops in tiger
    d.) a/h mastery is minorly more than demon (25% more, but demon crits make them hit way harder consistantly)

It costed me a hell of a lot to get sage to work, with sage aps too, I wish I was demon it would make everything way easier.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    sage barbs are pretty much lost nowadays, they really only exist in TW. and even then, better gear will make a bigger difference than going sage would.

demon allows me to do the 1 think i havent been about to do for 89 lvls, and thats DD.
    now im not on the same level as a sin or bm. But with demon spark lasting 15 sec followed bew demon devour 15 sec. i can do some serous damage.

ive 1 shot a lvl 101 with a crit on a demon sparked devour.

i can grind in map 3 and and kill all the mobs in the group without increased def or increased life with demon surf, sunder and another demon surf. and i only have +3 tt90s which is a far cry from what most people put on thier chars.

demon is definitely the way to go on barb as things currently are
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • ManCaveDan - Sanctuary
    ManCaveDan - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My barb alt on the same account is going sage to be a cat pulling slave in TW since we really lacked barbs in my faction. Anways, since my BM is always going to be the better DD of the two for PvE, I figured I might as well make a full tank character, since I already have a DD character. If my barb was going to be my main char and I didn't have a BM, I'd have gone demon though.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    If you're a more offensive style player who enjoys making sure things die, go demon.

If you prefer to be more defensive and like being one of the last men standing or intend to pull catas, go sage.

For barbs, it depends purely on how you like to play.

This.

I chose sage back in '09 simply due to the fact that in PvP I prefer to play defensively.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This.

I chose sage back in '09 simply due to the fact that in PvP I prefer to play defensively.

yup me too.. then i realise.. the best defence is offence.b:chuckle
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Demon seems better for all round play, especially PvE. I did party with a Sage Barb a little while back who had 21k HP in Tiger form which was enough to make me think Sage Barb is viable - thats some serious HP but like most people said it seems more for TW and PvP over PvE.
  • Congenial - Heavens Tear
    Congenial - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Was debating over whether I should start a "demon vs sage" thread and I chanced upon this thread and people I adore have replied like Rawrgh and Fistol! :D And since they've both said that one should go demon, sigh, need I say more?

I always wanted to go demon but there were a group of people who told me to go sage, because of HP buffs and what not. But really, I think that refines is going to make up for all that so it's awesomeeeeee. (:

Chick barbs ftw! :D:D

Thanks guys.
    Barbs played right are like celebrities, you are welcome in every party - Fistol (Raging Tide)
    You're a fantastic barb, and I'd go anywhere with you - Merria (Heavens Tear)

I'm a chick barb, and I'm proud of it. b:pleased
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Was debating over whether I should start a "demon vs sage" thread and I chanced upon this thread and people I adore have replied like Rawrgh and Fistol! :D And since they've both said that one should go demon, sigh, need I say more?

I always wanted to go demon but there were a group of people who told me to go sage, because of HP buffs and what not. But really, I think that refines is going to make up for all that so it's awesomeeeeee. (:

The Sage/Demon HP buff grants the same amount of HP (according to ecatomb), but most of the Demon ones I know don't have it. I do have a preference to Sage barbs because that used to be the best way to go for a tiggy. b:surrender Besides, most demon barbs try to be aps DDs and I don't see that working too well for the majority of them.

Congrats again on reaching your celestial cultivation!