Feeling bothered

Options
FloraFang - Harshlands
FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Mystic
Well this has been picking at me for quite sometime...PvP. Generally when I think of a class I think about both the way they work in pvp and pve. I've asked one of my closest friends in game how mystic work and he explained their(his) most used pvp skills. But that still wasn't enough to fully convience me into be a mystic.
So what's really bithering me? HOW THE HELL DO MYSTICS FIGHT IN PVP???!!!!! You're only sleep skill is a plant which the minute you summon you need to lysing but what if you target moves away quickly(holy path)? The healing plants would it be right to drop one and just dance around it while fighting? Chi sees like it'll be a problem(bramble tornado, that giant circle blast thingy, Cragglord). Is the only use for other plants just pve?????
All of this compiled is really weird to me it's as if i'm playing a cleric (the fact mystics only have 6 direct damage skills) but unlike a cleric our debuffs are within plants that need to be lysinged for full power(longer duration)b:spit it's so much @_@
My question to the mystic community is how do you work? with other classes ( except psys) it's usally aim blast away in a powerful combination, kite until dead. Do you spam NV until you can use AS? That wired circle blast thingy when do you use that if at all? b:nosebleed what weapon is best suited to use with thicket? Anyone seen r9 for a mystic yet is it cool? Aren't wands like mini patakas???Can you guys Aoe grind?
Srry for like the wall of questions and text but these are just all the things bothering me about a mysitc pve i've got it covered it's pretty simple but what i've listed above just wow>.> So try your best to answer as many as possible b:bye ty in advance
The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
Post edited by FloraFang - Harshlands on

Comments

• TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i wouldnt rely on the sleep plant in pvp to be honest. it might be nice in TW a some times, if you can lyse right away to sleep them, other than that people are just moving around too much for it to effect, also plants can die fast.

you could drop a healing plant down to help you out, if you plan to stay near the plant to get its effect. but like i said before, plants are weak, so if your opponent is smart he might kill the plant fast.

our main pvp skill is bramble tornado and i spam it every chance i can in TW. its so helpful, also powerful. in between that cooldown i spam NV, and depending on if i have chi and who im against, use thicket to seal them and try to finish them off as well.

cragg can be used in pvp situations and can also deal a large amount of DMG. he can be difficult to use when you have a running opponent though, so thicket could be the better skill to use in those situations.

using gale force is another skill that can be helpful but the seal chance is significantly lower than thicket that i usually dont bother using this skill in pvp.

rank 9 isnt out yet for earthguards unfortunately.

as for AOE grinding, yes, i can AOE grind just fine on mobs my level. its actually quite easy to lure up thanks to heal aggro (just heal yourself over and over to keep the mobs on you) then AOE when ready. storm mistress/thicket/a few gale forces, or cragglord works well (if you have enough time to summon him).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • soliddesire
    soliddesire Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    u seriously need to play a mystic to get the real feeling of pvp with a mystic. tbh mystics arent for everyone. we squishy as hell and our summons arent nearly as good as a herc or a pheonix (not counting cragg cuz of time limit) but still this class if my favorite both for pvp and pve. in pvp the pet i choose to use depends on which char i'm specifically targeting, for example if i see a red sin i quickly get out my storm mistress and zap away. storm can usually 2 shot most sins my lvl unless they got really good gear and tons of hp. for a bm i like to use devil chiyu becuz of the stun. also they could just use magic marrow if i used stormy. for a barb i get out my salvation cuz my wood attacks completely destroy their hp, only thing is they got so much hp i gotta use salvations shells to help me stay alive long enough to kill them. for all magic classes i use devil cuz of the stun and fairly ok physical attack.

like i said mystics arent for everyone but i've been killing lvl 100's since i was lvl 75. i remember the first time i killed this 10x sin who was bugging me for fun with thicket and 1 natures vengeance. we may be squishy but the total damage u deal plus ur summon makes u hit even harder than a wiz especially in frost on ? bosses becuz summons and plants dont suffer reduced damage on ? bosses.

hope this helped. b:bye
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TreeHugs explained it all like I would have explained, about PvP.
    To add some more infos about aoe grind, I can actually do the full pull in OHT 3rd map (OVS), with Falling Petals on, I get off my mount, summon Cragglord, start spam healing myself and then Cragglord usually OS all the mobs right away with Eruption. If some ran out of his range for some reason, he just gets the rest with Cometfall.
    Aoe grind is really easy on a Mystic. I had more problems doing what I just said on my Cleric since all her attacks were reducted due to the mobs being lvl [?], and they were interrupting her while channeling Tempest etc... With the Mystic I have no problems, since all I have to do is healing myself and let Cragglord OS them :)
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b:bye hai hexi

I'll try to answer as many of your questions as I can :o 1, I seriously doubt you'll ever use the healing plants in pvp, it's not really that practical since they die easily, 2, the sleep plant has actually been VERY useful against other casters as it interrupts their channeling and often sets up perfectly for absorb soul if you don't lyse it that is, 3, gale force,(the circle thingy) is a very awesome skill to use when for it's silence especially if you aren't using the chiyhu, 4, plants can be used for knocking sins out of stealth :b, 5, wands are not mini patakas, they're the most different from patakas out of all weaps because unlike patakas which have a very large dmg range they have the smallest dmg range of magic weapons, a high minimum and low maximum, and heals always go with the minimum so that makes them great for healing, 6, r9 is not yet available for EG, 7, as I've already told you from my personal experience, I never use cragg for pvp really because thicket is just way more convenient and more practical especially if you don't want to lose your current pet. I might change my mind on cragg if it actually came out with full hp though. 8, mystic isn't a very chi reliant class or at least it's not hard to build it, chi management on this char is a lot better than on my wiz and she's sage lol, wish I could say the same for mane though x.x And finally, learn to sum up your posts so people don't have to type walls answering them. @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    VoI!!!!! w/e I just typed what came to mind >:3 and wow i'm actually surprised by the responses. Well i'll give it another whirl up until her 50s and see what happensb:bye and Treehugs from now on i'm stalking you YOU WILL BE MY MENTOR D8!!!!!
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    GL with that vix b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EmeraldxRose - Harshlands
    EmeraldxRose - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    GL with that vix b:sweat