The new dungeon...is fail

Options
endlesstorture
endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Nobody does them.I dont see world chat for them.I see FC worldchat every 5minute. FC is still the best way to get exp i heard. Soooooooo why would pwi put this fail dungeon. I think the people that made this new dungeon never played this game.
Post edited by endlesstorture on

Comments

• Honourless - Heavens Tear
    Honourless - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What could the purpose of this new dungeon be i wonder...hmmm

Oh right,for low levels to go somewhere as a group and get fairly good experience!

Oh and not as often world chatted as FF(understandable since FF has been around longer,yes gives more exp but also encompasses more of the competitive playerbase),but i do see valley runs quite a lot.
    How to be pro at all recent COD games,lay claymore behind you at exit to room,lie down and shoot anyone coming in front door,rinse and repeat.
    Host advantage get you killed?Never fear,with a 50% chance of spawning in behind your killer revenge will surely be yours.
    Can't aim for ****?Never fear.aim assist and cursor magnetism!
    Best of all,after a few kills the game will play itself and bump your k/d to new highs with its killstreaks system!
  • Finaler - Raging Tide
    Finaler - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't do it even if frostwalk was taken out. It's so boring. you go pull pull again, pull again, kill a boss. That's not a good way to learn how to do group dynamics[like say... pathing through an instance, remembering where things spawn, knowing when and when not to rush mobs, dps control, heal control[basically aggro management]. It's basicly one big corrider where you have to reset up zhen every couple of minutes.
    also known as notes or maxer depending on the server.

resident lowbie of tao
  • GoogleMaster - Raging Tide
    GoogleMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What could the purpose of this new dungeon be i wonder...hmmm

Oh right,for low levels to go somewhere as a group and get fairly good experience!

Isn't that what bounty hunts are for? o.o;;
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im sry i dont want a noob to come into FC and "think" he/she knows how to play... if they power lvl from 30 to lvl 90ish then i doubt they know how to play the game unless they have an alt where they "played" the game... well here is a chance for a noob to get FC type experience on how to pull and not aggro everything... im perfectly fine with this new dungeon... but i have never run it lol... and it gives the casualt player a chance to lvl w/o paying heads or knowing lvl 101's to run it for them...b:victory
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What's at the end of PV? Looks like just a cave with a bunch of mobs to me.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The gripe I have with the new instance isn't the instance's ideology. I think it's a great idea to make a low level instance for the few remaining players that haven't heard about FF and/or refuse to do it for various reasons. The problem is how sloppy (clearly) it was put together. The instance itself is a combo of recycled garbage. The mobs/bosses models are taken from various other area's of the game (Nirvana + world map). The instance is a combo of 29, 51, etc.

The idea is okay. It's not the most amazing idea either, as even with the poor setup... The instance glitches a lot, booting players out and/or not letting them enter. The instance's mobs don't drop coins like almost every mob in the game. Even when hypered, the instance gives mediocre exp.

As for squad experience... Please! Lure > BB > AoE > Repeat > Repeat > Repeat > Kill boss. Reminds me of FF, and when I take my Barb through lower instances and just lure every mob up and AoE w/ BB setup. There is no squad dynamics, unless repetitiveness is what we're talking about. Also, don't lower levels have BH and access to FBs? Also, if you feel your lacking in squad dynamics, there's quests (which no one does anymore).

Bottom line is, it sucks. Which is why you see 5-10 people per day world chatting to grab people to squad w/ for this instance, VS 500+ world chats for FF and various other instances, like BH, etc. 'Nuff said.
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I disagree

While it may not be as good as FC for 80/90+, for me at 70 something it's pretty good. I can solo it with BP and get pretty damned good exp, and its a bit of fun and a challenge to see how many mobs I can take at once. It is a bit of fun, doesn't matter so much how good or bad the exp is to me
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well, let's see...

1) There are no 'FCC worldchats' on Sanct, just 'selling heads' WC's.
    2) There are occasionally PV WC's, but... It's nearly impossible to get a complete squad.
    3) If you do get a squad, there's a good chance they aren't going to have any clue how to do it, leading one or two people to basically solo or duo the instance on their own.
    4) The 15 minute time limit to get back into the instance after dieing is kinda dumb, and also hurts players wanting to try again.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I personally like the new Instance, I wont say it is fail, yes FC still tops it big time with experience but some of us prefer to actually earn our way to 80 then letting some 100 sin or BM power level us to 80. Besides that's a waste of precious coin, coin that can be spent on Fashion or other goodies.

As for needing a full squad , I don't think it is needed all you really need is cleric boofs and your set. My usual squad is my mystics to heal (with lots of pots b:cry), a BM friend who tanks and an Archer. We do just fine and get it done in 20-30 minutes roughly. Maybe slow by comparison to other groups but works and saves coin on teles too :)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It doesn't really serve a purpose.

There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ways to level up now. Even if you dont do alt FC or pay someone to solo it for you or w/e there's still the goshiki chain, bounty hunter, hyper grinding, etc. The hardest level to reach in this game is 40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Phoenix Valley has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Frankly, if you're below 75, you're never going to get an FC squad unless you just start buying heads (which, by the way, I am sickened to have come back to see. It was bad enough nobody would take lower levels to FC to teach them, which is why we ended up with so many hyper nabs, but selling them? Don't complain about the noobs on your server now when you help to make them.)

Phoenix Valley is like Frost but without the good EXP, even hypered. It's a recycled Elf FB19, which is boring in every way, with recycled mobs that really don't do anything aside from look initially intimidating given their number. I solo'd about half of PV with my veno to waste the last 27 minutes of my hyper and, frankly, I probably could have wasted my hyper elsewhere to better effect.

As far as learning how to FC goes, PV is a good instance. Considering the fact it's either buy heads or nothing, best to learn about FC's zhen methods in PV. In the end, PV is like RB Gamma; it's the instance that was supposed to be there for people who couldn't or didn't want to FC yet, but ended up forgotten because FC was still the better place for any and all EXP, and PWE has bred a generation of lazy players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]