Knightblayde's PvE Seeker Guide

Comments

• Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Right i keep resetting i guess i dont like any of the builds. :C I am not sure about adding vit or high str or balanced build. But i think i am going to use this build from this guide knight made :D it looks interesting plus i am tired of follwing this and that time to do my own custom build and this looks interesting
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=534672

:D Anyways yeah i have given up :D time for something new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm using the Str+5 Dex+3 Vit+2 every 2 Levels, and for me its the most usefull Build for Seekers.

If you want you compare the Builds, which the OP explained.
    they are all lvl 100 and without Equipp

Str+5, Dex+3, Vit+2 (every 2 Level) :
    http://pwcalc.com/603dc6364b20e0d5

Str+3, Dex+2 (every level) :
    http://pwcalc.com/c95ef3c6bb607899
    For me, this is the worst Build for Seeker. Maybe its works pretty
    good for BM, or if you want to go on APS. But its **** for the Seeker.

Str+5, Dex+5 (every 2 level) :
    http://pwcalc.com/0670dd66caafd65e

Str+7, Dex+3 (every 2 Levels) :
    http://pwcalc.com/de8f8e25ef0afbbb

Like Magic User, the Seeker's Damage comes from his Skills, so Str isn't that Important.
    I hope this helps you a bit.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    I'm using the Str+5 Dex+3 Vit+2 every 2 Levels, and for me its the most usefull Build for Seekers.

Like Magic User, the Seeker's Damage comes from his Skills, so Str isn't that Important.

:D yeah i am thinking going for the 3rd option but with capped 30vit :)
    But i will add tank build till the cap 30, then i will go with option 3. :D. D: although i want to know why knight didn t pick that :Cb:sad. I hope its not bad . But yeah xD thanks with your advice about damage coming from skills. :D That helped me narrow down to the first choice or the third :D choice. :D Depending on what knight says i will decide myself :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Right i keep resetting i guess i dont like any of the builds. :C I am not sure about adding vit or high str or balanced build. But i think i am going to use this build from this guide knight made :D it looks interesting plus i am tired of follwing this and that time to do my own custom build and this looks interesting
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=534672

:D Anyways yeah i have given up :D time for something new.

That's not me, lol.

I did not suggest for someone to follow the formulas up to lvl 100. My guide suggests (clearly in the builds section) for people to start with a formula until they figure out the gear that they want. b:chuckle

I've been using the 3str/2dex build with some limits and will add VIT when I reach those limits. My HP and other things have come from gear, shards, and refines. My seeker is currently lvl 97 and quite popular for being requested to do pulls in FC because of barb absences sometimes. It's funny sometimes when people think I can't do pulls because of my HP (currently 5.7k). HP doesn't matter that much when vortex + bp does the job, imo.

I agree that STR isn't that important for damage, but one of the reasons I add more points into it is for stance chaining with the skills that use base dmg + add-ons (like stalagstrike and staggering strike). Skills like gemini slash or yataghan vortex already gets is damage from the % bonus, so STR is very irrelevant there. Even though STR only adds a bit of damage, I prefer it over having more HP using a lot of VIT points. It's possible to get well over 10k HP with gear, refines, and shards and not adding points into VIT, so that is why I chose not to add too much VIT (not saying that the VIT build is ineffective). Anyways, I (and some other seekers I know) do pulls fine without any points in VIT. I can tank, but I have no aggro skills vs APS classes/barbs endgame, so why would I need that boost in HP from stat points? I am a bit offended that this 3/2 build is called **** when many lvl 100 seekers have had great success with it and that the argument isn't supported by logical reasoning. b:angry

The endgame level builds should not be compared without gears as it only proves that ~1.5k more hp is obtainable and that the added damage is only minimal. The reasoning for the 3/2 build is for those that plan to balance the loss of hp with gears, refines, and shards. A lot of thought is actually put into it, so it's not a random speculation. You really only need a minimum of 6k HP at lvl 100 for PvE stuff like BH100s, Nirvana, etc. It's not like the Seeker can easily steal aggro from the APS classes. The point I'm making is that all you really need is the 5str/3dex per lvl requirement up to the endgame gear you want, and the extra 2 points per level is the customizable option that players can decide for themselves. Gear and their bonuses will truly define your capabilities endgame more than your base stats will. Your stats' most important role is allowing you to equip those gears later on. Think about it. The extra 1.5k HP isn't that relevant (at least in PvE) when you have gear that shoots your hp past 10k. Your damage alone depends on your weapon and skills. Your crit rate doesn't do much without your damage from your weapon. Calling the 3/2 build **** on the basis of ungeared comparisons does not seem like a fair judgment now, does it?
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    That's not me, lol.

I did not suggest for someone to follow the formulas up to lvl 100. My guide suggests (clearly in the builds section) for people to start with a formula until they figure out the gear that they want. b:chuckle

I've been using the 3str/2dex build with some limits and will add VIT when I reach those limits. My HP and other things have come from gear, shards, and refines. My seeker is currently lvl 97 and quite popular for being requested to do pulls in FC because of barb absences sometimes. It's funny sometimes when people think I can't do pulls because of my HP (currently 5.7k). HP doesn't matter that much when vortex + bp does the job, imo.

I agree that STR isn't that important for damage, but one of the reasons I add more points into it is for stance chaining with the skills that use base dmg + add-ons (like stalagstrike and staggering strike). Skills like gemini slash or yataghan vortex already gets is damage from the % bonus, so it's very irrelevant there. Even though STR only adds a bit of damage, I prefer it over having more HP using a lot of VIT points. It's possible to get well over 10k HP with gear, refines, and shards and not adding points into VIT, so that is why I chose not to add too much VIT (not that the VIT build is ineffective). I am a bit offended that this 3/2 build is called **** when many lvl 100 seekers have had great success with it and that the argument isn't supported by logical reasoning. b:angry

The endgame level builds should not be compared without gears as it only proves that ~1.5k more hp is obtainable. The reasoning for the 3/2 build is for those that plan to balance the loss of hp with gears, refines, and shards. A lot of thought is actually put into it, so it's not a random speculation.
    oh XD .

XD the names are similar XD anyways i think i will go with this path on that guide i am interested to see what its like. Thank you all for you help, hopefully i am satisfied. :) b:thanksb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I used the Builds til lvl100, just to show their Difference, Im going on the Vit Build until
    I have a 85 Vit and then decide between the the Str+5 Dex+5 and the the Str+7 Dex3 build.
    the Str+3 Dex+2 Build isn't an option for me because its to close to my current Build.
    I also think the only Reason for BM's going on that Build, is just they can use every Weapon.
    edited May 2011
    I used the Builds til lvl100, just to show their Difference, Im going on the Vit Build until
    I have a 85 Vit and then decide between the the Str+5 Dex+5 and the the Str+7 Dex3 build.
    the Str+3 Dex+2 Build isn't an option for me because its to close to my current Build.
    I also think the only Reason for BM's going on that Build, is just they can use every Weapon.

This is true for the BM, and it does limit their options (if they want to multipath), sadly. I personally went with 3/2 for a balance between crit rate and damage. The two free points we get per level is pretty nice for this class and gives us a ton of flexibility, so each player can decide what they want to add on to their gear enhancements, managing between a bit of crit rate, damage, and HP. There is no set way to say where these extra points should go as each player has to figure out their own limits or what extra capabilities they want by endgame.

You have definitely made me realize how much freedom this class gives with extra stat points compared to other classes, and I will add a portion about that in my guide later. Thanks for your input. b:thanks
  • /liaz - Raging Tide3
    /liaz - Raging Tide3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Very nice guide, should definitly be stickied :D

I have one question though.. when pulling FC. How do u make sure u can stay ahead of the mobs? And what do u do at the end of the pull, because after all... u dont have invoke like a barb.

Anyways very nice guide, covers it all pretty well. Keep it up b:victory
    edited May 2011
    Very nice guide, should definitly be stickied :D

I have one question though.. when pulling FC. How do u make sure u can stay ahead of the mobs? And what do u do at the end of the pull, because after all... u dont have invoke like a barb.

Anyways very nice guide, covers it all pretty well. Keep it up b:victory

I'm actually planning to add detail on that tonight during maint. Stay tuned! b:victory
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well as it was stated by knightblayde and others, the statting of this class called seeker is indeed very versatile and forgiving in a sense that if you mess up a stat here or there it's alright (unless u somehow put a stat in mag, then... Please just start over lol). But as the statting for my future seeker, it's going to be a Lil different.

1-50: it's going to be pure str build ( 7/3) for the fact as the skills for seeker at that time is based on base damage, you don't need much acc to hit lower level monsters and it will increase killing speed as well as effectiveness.

50-86: dex build (5/5), this is where it gets fun because you begin to pvp moreso and you begin to see the effects of Lower dex in both pvp and pve because of low acc as well as crits.(ask any tank barb or axe BM) this build ensures the seeker gets all the vitual attributes it needs for those levels and the levels to come as well as this is the point in time where you get skills based on weapon damage which makes str minimal or you could say less valuable than dex.

86-100: the rounded build (6/4) mainly because,as said before, it's the perfect mix of crit and damage. After that long period of getting your dex up you are virtually set in both the damage and acc/ crit areas. You begin to want to see high numbers as well as keep up with the "pvp Gods" known as sins and psys which this build (in an endgame perspective) gives to you. You now have high damage, good gear, high crit, and high acc with all that's virtually left is getting to know your class and finding strategies to defeat the others.

If you deem it good enough, feel free to use it cuz I know I will :) lol.
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
    edited May 2011
    The guide has been updated! b:victory

-added descriptions for skill use
    -added FC tips
    -refined builds section
    -various other edits I can't remember b:surrender
  • YuniBlood - Raging Tide
    YuniBlood - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Keel when this guide will ever get sticky? Anyways can't wait for 80 looking forwards to my first fc run with seeker. Also from level 80 I am going for a high str build so by end game I will have decent damage and criticals and accuracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster level 8x not active!!
    Seeker :D level 2x active and going to be main!
    Perfect world international Album all ready and set up Check it out. Use the link below or click on my username for link
    edited May 2011
    *bump* Anyone know where I can go to ask a mod to review this guide for sticky status?

There's a lot of threads being made by players lately about seeker build choices, so I'm hoping this guide will catch their attention. Feel free to ask questions in this thread if you're lost. I'll be glad to help b:thanksb:victory,
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Yeah bump this awersome guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I would vote for a sticky....namely because the author is atleast still around to edit, as new info comes in....

Fuzzy?
    Chaotic(alwayslockingthreads)Shelly?

Somone?!?!
    re
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Knightblayde here...

I'm going to start using my Seeker's name when posting in here from now on b:chuckle.

I recently just completed my first full delta on my Seeker and enjoyed it! b:victory The Seeker role in delta, although a little less interactive than a BM's, has taught me a lot more about stationary AoE positioning, how fun quid pro quo can be against some delta bosses, and how useful the soulsever stance chain (as well as the shatter debuffs) can be in an environment like delta.

In my next update, I think I will add in some tips for delta (based on my experiences) and some information about genie setup/skills. Based on my previous experiences with FC, BH100, delta, and regular questing, I will have to change my opinion on the prioritizing of some of the Seeker skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Knightblayde here...

I'm going to start using my Seeker's name when posting in here from now on b:chuckle.

I recently just completed my first full delta on my Seeker and enjoyed it! b:victory The Seeker role in delta, although a little less interactive than a BM's, has taught me a lot more about stationary AoE positioning, how fun quid pro quo can be against some delta bosses, and how useful the soulsever stance chain (as well as the shatter debuffs) can be in an environment like delta.

In my next update, I think I will add in some tips for delta (based on my experiences) and some information about genie setup/skills. Based on my previous experiences with FC, BH100, delta, and regular questing, I will have to change my opinion on the prioritizing of some of the Seeker skills.
    Kewl cant wait, I hope they sticky this soon.

Oh yeah by the way knight thanks. I have decied a build that i can afford. I decided to cap vit at 60 and then go high str build. I know i am not rich and i dont have like a 100 main or higher and money is pretty tough at the moment. So i decided to cap vit 60 and shard slowly, so i will have some hp but not poor from sharding. But once i get decent sharded and get some gear and most of my skills are maxxed, then i will go for 5 vit base.

Thanks for all your help, everyone.b:thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the sticky, ChaoticShelly b:victory. You responded rather quickly b:chuckle b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the sticky, ChaoticShelly b:victory. You responded rather quickly b:chuckle b:avoid

:D yayb:cuteb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nandii - Sanctuary
    Nandii - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeey nice... bu i dunn noe how but i think am still weak
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    I'm actually planning to add detail on that tonight during maint. Stay tuned! b:victory

For genies, i got influction level 80.b:cry. Does that mean xD its waste now?. Should i get two zeals and decompose my influciton or keep it while i train the genies. My infliction is 55/80.

Or i can make that my delta genie and train 2 other zeals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    For genies, i got influction level 80.b:cry. Does that mean xD its waste now?. Should i get two zeals and decompose my influciton or keep it while i train the genies. My infliction is 55/80.

Honestly, you can use whatever genie you want. The only real difference is their starting stats, looks, and initial skills. In the end, it's the additional stat points and skills that make the difference.

I only recommended a zeal genie for the genie section on my guide as a means for luring a specific mob or boss away from groups. In BHs, a zeal's earthflame can be great for luring adds or the boss(es). In FC, you can lure a mob to punch it for chi. While questing, sometimes the mob/boss you have to kill is surrounded by tons of other mobs you don't want to fight -- earthflame makes that process a whole lot easier. I personally like the zeal genie for how useful the luring ability can be. I have had experiences where I was in a BH and no one had a zeal genie. We had to kill EVERYTHING in the way just to get the BH done b:surrender. Because of that, you can always see any of my characters having at least 1 zeal genie b:chuckle. I just like to be prepared b:victory.

There are also places where you would pick other genies because their base stats further enhance the skill types you want to use (infliction further enhances the STR bonus for tangling mire, for example). Nirvana and delta, for example, have no need for luring, so you can fill your genie skill bar with skills that actually help you get the job done better.

Those example skill lists in my guides are just that -- examples. Each player should build their genie to their own preferences. They know what activities they like to do and should research/understand what genie skills will help their performance in those activities.

If there is any one skill that I think is a must on most genie builds, it would be holy path. It speeds up instance runs, it helps you position yourself better to save squad members, it helps you avoid obstacles (like slash boss and circle boss in FC), and my most favorite use: linking mobs for AoEs. If this skill didn't exist, instances would be a bit more boring with the long walks in the big instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Honestly, you can use whatever genie you want. The only real difference is their starting stats, looks, and initial skills. In the end, it's the additional stat points and skills that make the difference.

I only recommended a zeal genie for the genie section on my guide as a means for luring a specific mob or boss away from groups. In BHs, a zeal's earthflame can be great for luring adds or the boss(es). In FC, you can lure a mob to punch it for chi. While questing, sometimes the mob/boss you have to kill is surrounded by tons of other mobs you don't want to fight -- earthflame makes that process a whole lot easier. I personally like the zeal genie for how useful the luring ability can be. I have had experiences where I was in a BH and no one had a zeal genie. We had to kill EVERYTHING in the way just to get the BH done b:surrender. Because of that, you can always see any of my characters having at least 1 zeal genie b:chuckle. I just like to be prepared b:victory.

There are also places where you would pick other genies because their base stats further enhance the skill types you want to use (infliction further enhances the STR bonus for tangling mire, for example). Nirvana and delta, for example, have no need for luring, so you can fill your genie skill bar with skills that actually help you get the job done better.

Those example skill lists in my guides are just that -- examples. Each player should build their genie to their own preferences. They know what activities they like to do and should research/understand what genie skills will help their performance in those activities.

If there is any one skill that I think is a must on most genie builds, it would be holy path. It speeds up instance runs, it helps you position yourself better to save squad members, it helps you avoid obstacles (like slash boss and circle boss in FC), and my most favorite use: linking mobs for AoEs. If this skill didn't exist, instances would be a bit more boring with the long walks in the big instances.
    Cool. Anyways i written down my genies now.

My current influction genie i will now use that for delta ;p. My zeal genie which my blademaster is using, will be my quest/ solo genie. So that leaves me to train up a instance genie. I got plenty of sp so i should get 80 very quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Cool. Anyways i written down my genies now.

My current influction genie i will now use that for delta ;p. My zeal genie which my blademaster is using, will be my quest/ solo genie. So that leaves me to train up a instance genie. I got plenty of sp so i should get 80 very quickly.

Be careful with how much spirit you use, so you don't luck out on the sp for your skills (I ran out of spirit once b:surrender). At the higher levels, genies tend to use ~1 mil sp per level, which is the kind of sp you'll need for demon/sage skills. For now, I'd just suggest focusing on making your own general all-purpose genie (which is what I did until 100). Perhaps you can use one with earthflame, a heal skill, holy path, and cloud eruption.

By the way, you can keep cloud eruption at level 1 if you want because the spark it gives is really all you need from that skill. Extra levels makes the energy cost higher and adds a small amount of chi. You can get chi boosts by adding STR points to your genie, anyways. If you keep the energy cost low, you can get sparks more often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Be careful with how much spirit you use, so you don't luck out on the sp for your skills (I ran out of spirit once b:surrender). At the higher levels, genies tend to use ~1 mil sp per level, which is the kind of sp you'll need for demon/sage skills. For now, I'd just suggest focusing on making your own general all-purpose genie (which is what I did until 100). Perhaps you can use one with earthflame, a heal skill, holy path, and cloud eruption.

By the way, you can keep cloud eruption at level 1 if you want because the spark it gives is really all you need from that skill. Extra levels makes the energy cost higher and adds a small amount of chi. You can get chi boosts by adding STR points to your genie, anyways. If you keep the energy cost low, you can get sparks more often.

Two late i got xD 3 genies. But i dont have to train them up yet :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rohnan - Dreamweaver
    Rohnan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Excellent guide.

Thank you.
  • notsononymous
    notsononymous Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This convinced me to roll one of my two mains as a Seeker :D

Well written, in-depth, thank you.

By the way, when is a "good" time to stop levelling vitality? I can never decide. When did you stop? I'm looking for a mainly PvE Seeker early-mid game, then something which can manage a bit of PvP at maybe 70+?

I know this isn't a PvP guide, but any advice would help. Thanks again,

Notso.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This convinced me to roll one of my two mains as a Seeker :D

Well written, in-depth, thank you.

By the way, when is a "good" time to stop levelling vitality? I can never decide. When did you stop? I'm looking for a mainly PvE Seeker early-mid game, then something which can manage a bit of PvP at maybe 70+?

I know this isn't a PvP guide, but any advice would help. Thanks again,

Notso.

i would recommend low vit you dont need high vit as a seeker i have the base 5 vit on mine and i survive with no problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    By the way, when is a "good" time to stop levelling vitality?

when you aren't dying too much anymore. how much dying is "too much"? only you can say --- but i quit adding vit to my seeker when i had 30 vit, and i'm not really tempted to add any more. i might go to 40 or 50 vit later in the game, but i doubt i'll bother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • notsononymous
    notsononymous Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hm... I might stop at 35 vit, maybe 40.

A small thing to note for lower level players is that most mobs in the Earthguard starting area have both a melee physical attack and a ranged magic attack. Thus attacking with Rock Splitting Cleave to begin an attack is preferable to Staggering Strike, as a short range attack will trigger the mob's melee attack, which will do less damage against the Seeker's heavy armour than thair magic attacks.