Game does not remember settings

Skylark - Heavens Tear
Skylark - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Support Desk
There are 2 settings that the game does not seem to remember when I log off and come back:

1) Everytime I log on, my function bar and action bar are completely extended. (I do not use all the rows or columns, so I like to keep the empty ones closed.) I have played aroudn with the different arrows and circles on each bar, but no matter what configuration I leave it in when i log off, it goes back to fully expanded when I log back on.

2) I keep my quest tracking list up as well when I play. However, everytime I log on, the quest list is gone and I have to go into the quest window and select track again to get the list back.

I do not know when this first started happening, but I know in the past I did not have this problem.

Has anyone else exepereienced this and does anyone have a solution?

Thank you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Teach me half the gladness that thy brain must know;
Such harmonious madness from my lips would flow,
The world should listen then...as I am listening now.
Post edited by Skylark - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    1. This one is weird to me, i have all my rows extended and when i log off and come back on everything is the same as how i left it, so I'm not sure about this.

2. As for this, this is normal. The quest log goes away when you log off (sad but true).
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You can try running Verify on the game launcher and see if that helps, or try reinstalling the game.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Skylark - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the quick responses (GM & Mod!)

Here is the really WIERD thing...this problem only happens on ONE of my characters on my account. (Any other toon I use works just fine as always). And it even happens when I just switch characters (without completely logging out of the game). So it seems to be something that is related to a specific character (not the account or game files). Any ideas??? Is there a setting somewhere?

By the way, DarthPanda...I am tickled I actually got a response from a GM...you may not remember this but we have met before...many, many years ago...(I challenge you to another staring contest, and this time I'll bring the cheese! I promise...)

b:laugh Look at this post:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=213892

Anyway, do you (or any other helpful soul reading this forum) have any more advice or suggestions for getting this problem worked out?

Thanks
    !

("Help me, DarthPanda, you're my only hope...")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Greetings! b:pleased

So did you try reinstalling with the newer game client and see if that still occurs?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Skylark - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Yes. I did this:

1) verify the files (still had the problem)
    2) uninstall the game and reinstall the game, then verify files after reinstalling (still having the problem)

b:surrender

What's wierd is that this ONLY happens for one of my alternate toons (I have 7 charcters in my account and the other six work fine as always.)

Specifically, it's my level 77 Archer. (See this screen shot for what it looks like whenever I log on. http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4099/pwbar.jpg)

This makes me think it's character related since I completely erased and re-downloaded and re-installed the game and it's a problem with only one toon, not my entire account.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've been looking around, and it just be the way it is for the one character but not the others. It may fix itself after a maintenance. Until then, we apologize for the inconvenience. Hope it's not too terrible for you!

Cheers!
    b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • Skylark - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    How did I get to be so lucky? b:chuckle

Maybe it's the Perfect World gods telling me to stick to my cleric...

Oh well, thanks for looking into this and responding.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had this happen or if it's just my own blonde-luck!

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skylark - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    NanaMango wrote: »
    I've been looking around, and it just be the way it is for the one character but not the others. It may fix itself after a maintenance. Until then, we apologize for the inconvenience. Hope it's not too terrible for you!

Cheers!
    b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks

b:shedtear b:surrender

We've been through a number of Maintenances, and it's still the same.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the game. Verified files, etc.

It is frustrating, especially because I switch back and forth between characters when helping people out.

Does this need to go to ticket? The reason I posted on forum is if others may have noticed the same thing.

Please let me know if there's anything that can be done. I apprecaite your response.

Thanks so much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]