No more background music...?

Options
nassah22
nassah22 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Support Desk
HI all, after the recent update I got on pwi, and started in 1k at the banker. A couple of seconds went by and there was no music. So I headed to the fc camp, and still no music. Is it just me or are there others having the same issue. If not anyway to be able to fix this would be appreciated ty all.
Post edited by nassah22 on

Comments

• okapi
    okapi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have the same problem. I reinstalled the game and verified game files but I still don't hear the music.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Coordinates in-game this happens?

Did you try checking your Windows audio settings and the in-game audio settings to see if the music option got turned down?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • xdemian
    xdemian Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Same problem, tried everything.

Windows sounds are ok, game is not muted, I even have allowed it to take exclusive control over device.

Music files in pwi/element/music works fine.Verification did not solve problem.

I had music after update,went afk in room 4 cube, came back - no music.Hope that helps.

Windows 7, ultimate, latest drivers for sound (MS verified).
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's not the game, that much I am sure of. Or else I'd be having the same issue. This game has a very simple method of music playback and there wasn't a world precint file in Ver #522.

But you're not missing out on anything. And if it does work on a media player for some reason, just play it from there or something.

"What are the in-game coordinates where this happens?" Sorry, but the grammar freak inside me wanted to fix the sentence. b:cute
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i have the same exact issue.. i was hoping you were attempting to get rid of the motorcycle sound and jacked things up.. wishful thinking i guess.

sound effects (including the weedwhacker motorcycle sounds) still all working. music, no. not really at all.

b:shutup
  • xdemian
    xdemian Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Solved, yet not sure how :)

What i did is, Control Panel/Sounds/Device Properties/Advanced - checked both boxes under
    "Exclusive Mode"

Reinstalled the game, but this time manual update from Patch 2 + verification after.

Got music.
  • Daiyun - Dreamweaver
    Daiyun - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    After updating the client I am having this same problem as well. I do have the sounds of birds chirping, noises from monsters/pets/mounts and such, but the background music is completely gone.

I've already been messin' around with the options of PW, as well as on my own laptop, but I can't seem to fix it.

Good thing we have YouTube at urgent times like these. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Preferred to be called by nickname [Shai], in stead of character names.
  • nadmira
    nadmira Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have the same problem after the update. Help me! I logged in at Archosaur, ran all the way to Broken Bow Bluff, still no music. But I do hear the enviroment like birds, monsters and castings.
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Try running Verify on the game launcher and check the Windows and game settings. Maybe the music for that zone got removed? Or is none of the music not working for you no matter where you are?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no music, except the intro movie for me. all other sounds normal.

running verify now. i have sound quality maxed. i could try turning that down. all sound files present. and working in various media players. all was fine before last update...
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Try running Verify on the game launcher and check the Windows and game settings. Maybe the music for that zone got removed? Or is none of the music not working for you no matter where you are?

hands panda a goldstar:

ran verify. took forever, then it downloaded and installed a ****-ton of files (all sound files) annddd,, annnnddddd.. IT'S WORKING!!

thanks, mate!! b:victory
  • TPKisaki - Heavens Tear
    TPKisaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm running verify now. It should fix mine too.

Why did this happen anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got the idea for the sig from Thedarkrealm b:victory
  • Teje - Dreamweaver
    Teje - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Same problem, after last patch no music what so ever after logging in. Did verify and seemed every mp3 file had to be updated.
  • TPKisaki - Heavens Tear
    TPKisaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yep! :D I verified and it worked! It takes a while, but that's ok! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got the idea for the sig from Thedarkrealm b:victory
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Glad to hear that Darthpanda's solution is working for you guys! I should find a goldstar for the bear, shouldn't I?

Cheers!
    b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • nassah22
    nassah22 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thx, I ran verify and its all the sound is working fine :).
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have no idea why this happened. I am thankful for the verify function b:surrender

Luckily some of you figured it out already while we were researching it. Apparently after patching on some PCs, the music files vanished for some cities and areas.

Verify fixed it b:victory

I don't need a gold star, but I wouldn't mind a vanilla bean ice cream, red velvet, and cheesecake layered cake awesomeness. Then have a custom real maple syrup trim around it. b:chuckle
  • Angelynna - Lost City
    Angelynna - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have this problem too i verified with launcher.No efect.I reinstaled for 3 times.No efect.I didnt have this problem before update.And my music volume is at maxim i pressed U and its all ok but NO MUSIC.I can hear just skills,water etc.Pls help meb:cryb:cry
  • Angelynna - Lost City
    Angelynna - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I want to know what i have to do
  • OmniVoid - Heavens Tear
    OmniVoid - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have the same problem of no music playing in the old parts of PWI. In the new sections installed with Genesis there is music, but the mp3 files for the old sections like "City of Plum" and surrounding areas there is only sound effects.

I looked in the installation folder and saw that the Genesis did not install all of the music files even after the patching and verifications.

GM's if you could pass the word to whom ever needs it, to make a patch for Genesis that will install all of the old mp3 files. If some players already have those files then the patch will just verify they are there and fix other players problems.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ive been having the same problem for 2 weeks, i read the thread and I'm verifying now to see if that fixes it.

wow TY for the suggestion verfiting fixed the problem
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pardon me for necroing, but I never had music files in my game folder system. Sometime after the Chronobike sound fix most music has disappeared. The exceptions are everything in the Earth Guard and Tideborn areas, the music that plays in most areas where there are no cities, and the rock music in TT that plays at Soulbanisher and other harder bosses.

More interesting, I now have music files in my folder, but only the TB music.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pardon me for necroing, but I never had music files on my game folder. Sometime after the Chronobike sound fix most music has disappeared. The exceptions are everything in the Earth Guard and Tideborn areas, the music that plays in most areas where there are no cities, and the rock music in TT that plays at Soulbanisher and other harder bosses.

More interesting, I now have music files in my folder, but only the TB music.

Did you try running Verify? Also, I'm not sure what would cause that, but you may want to re-install. b:surrender

~your excused lol
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Verifying now.
    My point was that several people said it's because the music files are missing, but I never had them in the first place and all music ran fine xD

Edit: That fixed it, TYVM. The game hasn't been the same since I lost my music QQ
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Happened the same to me, no backgorund music on the old zones, just in tideborn and earthguard zones. The game is like this since genesis update, i tried to fix this, i reinstalled the game but i couldn't solve it. I checked the sound on game and on my computer and it was ok. I'm running verify now (i read all that was said above), i hope it fixes this, i love the old music! and i miss it :)
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Verifying now.
    My point was that several people said it's because the music files are missing, but I never had them in the first place and all music ran fine xD

Edit: That fixed it, TYVM. The game hasn't been the same since I lost my music QQ

I didn't have the music files before de genesis update, i just got some of them after the update. But then the old music disappeared :\
    Hope this works with me, the game isn't the same without music :P
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yay, it's working :D
    Ty all ^^
    My pc was really fast doing the verify, i know in my laptop it will took ages but it'll be worth :)
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
  • reettaselma
    reettaselma Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It works for me! THX!!
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Run Verify multiple times and the music should come back. Sometimes after updating the game, the music files disappear.
  • __Serpent__ - Lost City
    __Serpent__ - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I just noticed that I never had music since Genesis.. I just did it NOW and wow, I forgot how amazing the music was... Lolz sorry for Necro.