Perfect World update client -too long

ankster
ankster Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Support Desk
Hello everyobdy...I am a lover of PWI and a short time player...but the last time i played PWI was about a year bak..[problems with education..:] and now im back to play PWI but my PWI client keeps on downloading the patch for newest version....the bar doeesnt seem to move too...i have no idea on what to do..but i am very much desperate to play PWI....
PLEASE HELP

PS: the last time i played PWI i faced the same porblem when updating to version 216 but then i finally got it to wrk some how

THANKING YOU,
ankster
Post edited by ankster on

Comments

• sirus3251
    sirus3251 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i would say that if u re-download PWI game from this site, it would be on a higher version and won't take that long. It is just an idea. o,o
  • ankster
    edited May 2011
    thanks for the idea man....but even i thouught of that..then i realized that is 4.2 gb which will also take some time...so i just let the update to continue..in my laptop...i sarted it at 2 am in the morning and till now...thts abt 8 hrs my bar started to move...now its in the place of 25 percent..i wud say...
    i hope that the speed its taking is correct coz...i am so damn outdated...
    well anywaz..ty fir replying man...
  • ankster
    edited May 2011
    all i did was wait and wait..thnen finally after 22 hours i felt like the download was over...and some error popped up...i clikced in retry..didnt work so i clicked on stop update and start again....it came fast till the end a very little left to go.........
    BELEIVE IT OR NOT...I didnrt sleep for 22 hrs...nt becoz of PWI..but it was also a part of it
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If it has been over a year since you last played, I do suggest downloading the client new again. You can do that here. This new client will bring you up to date with the Genesis expansion. I suggest using the Direct Download version if you are unfamiliar with the Bit Torrent.

From there you can auto-patch to most recent, or use the manual patches.

Before downloading/installing you might want to prepare your system with the following:
    Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

Cheers!
    b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • GeBe - Lost City
    GeBe - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    From my experience..i thought i have same problem with u ankster !!! patching the client n never finished or meybe get poped up error message...thats make me really frustrated to hope if the game will work or no...
    all the way already i do i dont know what problem with my client...

then i decide to redownload the new client with genesis client include..then after i download the new genesis client am not auto pathcing it...but i download the newest patch update then i manual update it..when it finished i try to run the client n its work till now..i never get the problem like before again...

i hope u can try my way dude...hope it will work for u too...Cheeerrrzzz
  • ankster
    edited May 2011
    hello guyz....
    Thanks for all your opinions, well but somehow i got over with the problem..
    in case anyone else is facing the same problem..i would like to give the solution that i had used..

"My client version was 296...so i updated it from version 296 to 353 with a manual patch...then i just let the auto patcher to go on..and in just 10 mins my client version was 512.."

If u want the link to update from 296 to 353...please visit http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242\ [ you get other old patches also ]

then just let the auto patcher to go on....but if that doesnt work..please visit http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1048621

in this site you have the manual patches to go on updating to verion 512..

I hope i was helpful a bit to some one..:D

Well but i think another patch update was released by the time i had posted this..so..if you got any problem with that please let me know..:D
  • cedricperez
    cedricperez Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I've been having the same problem as well. I've downloaded the patch for about 3-4 days now, and when I started it, the update takes way too long. The Game Client version is 484, could that be possibly the reason why it takes so frickin' long? I'm sorry if someone already solved my problem, I'm not use to this kind of stuff, I just saw this game from my brother a few years back, and I wanted to try it again. He isn't here right now, so help?
This discussion has been closed.