Fun things you've gone back and soloed and/or Tanked

Options
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Cleric
Okay, as a cleric there are many mobs we could never hope to solo at level because we are support class, its what we do. :P So what's the funnest thing you've come back and killed so far.

For me it was Farren, and yes I know i'm way higher than him and its not much of an accomplishment. But, he gave so many problems when I was a noob that it felt good to stick it to him. XD

And Quilhog King (tanking, dunno if I could solo yet, prolly not), for the same reason. Even though its not that much of an accomplishment, it's still a lot of fun (to me at least) going back and seeing what the added levels/gear have done to your survivability.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
Pusillanimous:
1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
Post edited by VenusArmani - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I solo'd Oggo not too long ago. I can do all of the 49 culti bosses (Fugma-Luminoc). Today I'll be trying Jewelscalen. One of my friends can do Eyes of Krimson I think.

We tried doing Kong. That one you can't solo. You need a second cleric to keep the heals stacked. =( You have to stand right next to him so he can pummel you. (And you need HP buff.)
  • Frijolero - Raging Tide
    Frijolero - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've soloed all FBs up to 59 and pyro on 69, Viriddis, Gouf and yesterday I soloed the first Boss of the 99 demon culti (not FB99, the one in mogganamon).

On second boss I got help from another cleric who was BB since his amped attacks dealed like 4k on me, but I still killed him by myself (excluding BB).

Haven't tried Jewel or Kong yet.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I soloed Krimson for a bunch of people that were there waiting, but I asked them not to do anything just to see if I could. b:chuckle

I soloed Oggo for a friend once. b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oggo is actually pretty easy, much to my surprise, lol. I solo it all the time now for people. :)
    I might be able to solo jewelscalen as well, since me and my hubby on his lvl 90 seeker did it with no problems. He didn't hit me nearly as hard as he used to. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    doing yan the traitor at lvl 60 was a fun solo,45 min but just wanted to do it had a crowd around by time done.was before all the azz hole sins that now are r8/r9 5aps stealthin up and killin before you can get a shot off even with ad/IG.(whole other rant tho there) .lotta bosses ive done but most just not worth the mana did just to say I have.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b:victory I had my hubby and a BM buff me. The funny thing was... There were two other clerics there, one 100+ and one 90+. The 100+ needed the other one to heal it and purify. I did just fine soloing it. My hubby was on stand-by, just in case I needed rescuing. My next attempt will be Eyes of Krimson, fully buffed.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I like soloing the <30 level bosses cuz I can one hit them lol. Soloing 39 for my sin and whoever wants to come is also fun :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well both of these i soloed at lvl.. but the scared the sh*t out of me the whole time

deepblue scavenger i solo at 70

and around 78 or so i soloed gaint ant queen for devine order, which was hella scary becuase i had 2.8k hp at the time and he was hitting me for 1.5k each hit. so the entire time i was 1 hit away from dying becuase each hit did over 50% of my hp.

i thought it had 50k hp
    apparently i misses a zero somewhere b:surrender
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Albaj - Heavens Tear
    Albaj - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oggo is more or less a regular target for me to solo whenever my friends get their alts high enough to need him.

Kong is trickier, but if I don't lag ("best internet in town"... yeah right) I generally take him, too.

I soloed Krimson once, in a O.O" moment when we were waiting for a tank, and the sin helping decided to go suicide on him for the lulz. Krimson reset closer to me than I thought (like, in my face close), and so I started soloing him in, ah, earnest. XD Once the sin and archer realized that I wasn't running away, they started DDing, which is good, because we got the kill just as my computer decided to start dying.

It's amazing what a set of OHT gear with pdef adds, sharded with garnets can do. ^_~
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I soloed Jewel at 97 with like 3.8k hp and 2.6k or 2.2k phys res (can't remember) uncharmed and no crab meat, used ToP once maybe.

So yea, I could solo whats easier than those when I hit 90 like 49 culti, kimsa, Oggo, Stormhorn (he's a joke) .. etc

Krimson? Gotta try that soon :D
  • Albaj - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The strategy I used for Krimson was more or less Plume Shell, then Holy Path the **** out of there during the 10 second vulnerability time, then Plume Shell again. If the genie was low on energy (rare, since the regen is at 2/sec), I used an apothecary for half-damage and kept moving at my normal cleric speed. I was also constantly eating mana food to fuel Plume Shell and my attacks. Also, my heals and purify. My heavens, did I ever have to use those. XD
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The strategy I used for Krimson was more or less Plume Shell, then Holy Path the **** out of there during the 10 second vulnerability time, then Plume Shell again. If the genie was low on energy (rare, since the regen is at 2/sec), I used an apothecary for half-damage and kept moving at my normal cleric speed. I was also constantly eating mana food to fuel Plume Shell and my attacks. Also, my heals and purify. My heavens, did I ever have to use those. XD
    B!sh kept spamming his debuff on me constantly, he just stayed back and DEBUFF DEBUFF DEBUFF x,x and woot 1 shot when purify was late on like 3rd debuff. I gave up but I'm gonna try again, I think next time I need to stay on melee range, less debuffs maybe.
    What was your phys res and hp when you did it?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All bosses for culti through the Level 99 Cultivation...

Some TT bosses including Forshura in 2-3 (but hurts like a **** -.- and yes it was in squad mode)...

Consider all of this when epically bored or messed up squads. A Cleric can really tank a TON of bosses and such...It is just in knowing your char and often the timing of Plume Shell and Heals where needed...I tanked Eye's of Crimson at like level 83 b:chuckle

It just for sure takes a lot longer to do many of these bosses when solo'ing b:sweat

It is just more about trying and seeing what you can handle and some you def need a charm with :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Albaj - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Pdef was about 5.2k self-buffed, hp at 3.4k. The main thing I kept in mind though (from horrible past experiences), was that if I was debuffed while plume shell was down, and was not already holy pathing away, I was screwed. Well, unless I used an apothecary, but the 2 minute cooldown made that a rare treat.

I should probably try him again soon, just to make sure my freak "Oh ****" method of fighting him can be repeated.

Edit: I put my money where my mouth is and went for round two. This time, I took a (very shoddy, off-center) video of it with CamStudio. I apologize about the crappiness of the shoot, but hopefully it'll show what I did well enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG5eo6a4-y4

(Note: A level 97 bm showed up late in the video, but I feel that by then, it still counted well-enough for me to not need a third go at Krimson. XD)