To re-install or not to re-install

Skulla - Dreamweaver
Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
That is the question.

So I was getting ready to re-install PW again on this machine (computer problems) and the thought occurred to me that I haven't been playing much at all. I still enjoy running around in the game doing stuff but I haven't made much real progress in a long time.

Then I kind of thought to myself, why bother?

The time I have available for playing hasn't much improved for me.

The economic factors in the game have pretty much killed off the most fun aspects in my opinion.

Bounty Hunter Quests are... routine, to put it politely.

And just the mention of bugs or 'balance' issues causes a giant flame war.

I just think it's time to say goodbye to PW for good and I'm wondering what input I'll get from the forum users (I realize not all players are forum users).

Like I said, I can still have fun in the game, I'm just not sure I can have as much fun playing PW anymore as I can have doing other things that require less time or money.

Give me your spin on it, I'm honestly interested in how dedicated others still are to PW.
Post edited by Skulla - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Do as you like best... I for one love the game and keep having fun. I don't spend rl cash because I actually can't do it anymore, but I would if I could :P

If you enjoy any of the aspects of the game, being it running instances or just talk to friends, install.

If you're sick of the game and see no good reason to return... well gl in rl and cya :) b:bye
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    In all honestly, if you got better things/important things to do, I just woulden't bother coming back on at all, the game is still **** with nothing new in terms of "fun" added from the moment the game started, this game will die the same way it started, **** and nothing to do apart from right click packs and stroke your e-peen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If you play the normal way (not hyper lvling all the time like some noobs), this game is pretty fun. The new EG quests and the older TB quests help with lvling and there is a new instance as a daily as well (Phoenix valley). Find a faction and old/new friends and hang out with them, do quests and other stuff together. Play the game for FUN any try to live with the bad things. Friends can make this game the best MMO out there. If you play for power and get frustrated about random **** like economy and class balance, you won't enjoy it.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    That is the question.

So I was getting ready to re-install PW again on this machine (computer problems) and the thought occurred to me that I haven't been playing much at all. I still enjoy running around in the game doing stuff but I haven't made much real progress in a long time.

Then I kind of thought to myself, why bother?

The time I have available for playing hasn't much improved for me.

The economic factors in the game have pretty much killed off the most fun aspects in my opinion.

Bounty Hunter Quests are... routine, to put it politely.

And just the mention of bugs or 'balance' issues causes a giant flame war.

I just think it's time to say goodbye to PW for good and I'm wondering what input I'll get from the forum users (I realize not all players are forum users).

Like I said, I can still have fun in the game, I'm just not sure I can have as much fun playing PW anymore as I can have doing other things that require less time or money.

Give me your spin on it, I'm honestly interested in how dedicated others still are to PW.

I don't have much time to play PW anymore either, work here, work there, work. What a bore.

For economic factors, I don't buy or sell almost at all. I save my money and mats to myself and make trade. So that never bothered me.

BHs, as I remember was really boring and easy, only thing I had a problem from BH is squad members. I always preferred playing the normal way.

Bugs, I am thinking that not one bug fixed yet, which is typical of any F2P MMOs.

"Balance issues" always have been here since day one, from the skills yeah. I tend not to spark unless I want to get quests finished really fast such as them stupid schrunchins or mana burners / kiters in PVE, highly annoying mobs. As for PVP, I tend not to spark unless if my stun fails on the other person using spark burst or when they use genie.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    jiq wrote: »
    If you play the normal way (not hyper lvling all the time like some noobs), this game is pretty fun.

Might need to explain on that one, this game has never been fun grinding up in levels, I remember doing it back when HT first opened, it wasn't half a giant bore and by no means fun, the only fun I got is when TW came round and it wasn't packed full of pack openers and cash shoppers.

Now I remember when HL first opened and I was in the top 10 levellers for the first month, was always levelling with friends/guildies by grinding our asses off, doing the odd zhen levelling and what not, it still wasn't "fun", the people there just basically made it bearable to do, it was "fun" being with them but not grinding, I don't think no one in this game finds PvE fun, things like TT, FB etc are just totally stale with no alternation in what bosses or mobs really do, they just simply hit "hard".

I think the only thing that keeps people entertained now for the most part, is the cash shop buying "accessory" items like mounts and fashions and for the cash shoppers, right clicking packs and going to TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • UnderTheSea - Lost City
    UnderTheSea - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, if you find quests and other stuff boring, you can always go on a rpking spree?

Kill every white named player you see.

That should spice things up a bit.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, if you find quests and other stuff boring, you can always go on a rpking spree?

Kill every white named player you see.
    That should spice things up a bit.

And that's why I prefer PvP servers =)

My answer to the topic:
    If you play the normal way (not hyper lvling all the time like some noobs), this game is pretty fun. The new EG quests and the older TB quests help with lvling and there is a new instance as a daily as well (Phoenix valley). Find a faction and old/new friends and hang out with them, do quests and other stuff together. Play the game for FUN any try to live with the bad things. Friends can make this game the best MMO out there. If you play for power and get frustrated about random **** like economy and class balance, you won't enjoy it.

and this:
    Do as you like best... I for one love the game and keep having fun. I don't spend rl cash because I actually can't do it anymore, but I would if I could :P

If you enjoy any of the aspects of the game, being it running instances or just talk to friends, install.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Might need to explain on that one, this game has never been fun grinding up in levels, I remember doing it back when HT first opened, it wasn't half a giant bore and by no means fun, the only fun I got is when TW came round and it wasn't packed full of pack openers and cash shoppers.

Now I remember when HL first opened and I was in the top 10 levellers for the first month, was always levelling with friends/guildies by grinding our asses off, doing the odd zhen levelling and what not, it still wasn't "fun", the people there just basically made it bearable to do, it was "fun" being with them but not grinding, I don't think no one in this game finds PvE fun, things like TT, FB etc are just totally stale with no alternation in what bosses or mobs really do, they just simply hit "hard".

I think the only thing that keeps people entertained now for the most part, is the cash shop buying "accessory" items like mounts and fashions and for the cash shoppers, right clicking packs and going to TW.

Well, I do find PVE fun, I have alts because I missed questing at low-mid lvls. :s And we don't have to zhen anymore, things were different in 2008. 1-80 can be easily done by normal quests, the new EG quests, TB quests, and dailies like BH and CS. Hypering FCC after 85-90 is fine imo, because dailies don't give enough exp anymore. I just can't understand Hypering under 80, it's so easy to lvl without it. I guess I'm just one of those weirdos who doesn't like PVP and adores every bit of PVE like doing lotsa instance runs with friends while we're chatting and having fun together. x_x;
  • Bakugan_ball - Dreamweaver
    Bakugan_ball - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    it's funny.I was thinking the same before and guese what i did?
    I re-istalled the game couple of times and instaled it again like 4 times.
    Maybe I'm addictedb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorann - Raging Tide
    Lorann - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Do whatever interests you the most.

My personal opinion in response to your post. - I don't play for the BH's or the economy. I play to be a powerful magic wielder in a world of dragons and stuff. Where the strong can help the weak. Where everyone must at some point band together to develop! And all that other fancy **** that tends not to happen IRL. :3
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    At this point, you CANNOT reinstall anyway.

The machine hosting the download is messed up. I've attempted to install a new copy of PWI 9 times now, and every single time, it has failed verification. It has failed verification on different sets of files in various different parts of the game in each attempt, and it did so on my server, too, so it's not my machine.

PWI isn't gonna fix it since it's been broken since the Earthworms expansion, apparently, so don't hold your breath.

Running the game on a 'verification failed' download is iffy. I tried it, textures randomly will corrupt, and eventually, it will crash. The crashing will get more and more frequent until the game crashes upon login.

Good luck reinstalling.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, thanks for the input (so far?). Just confirming my own feelings here I think.

Daedallus gave a quick and the most(?) optimistic response it seems. Even so it is a tepidly positive recommendation at best.

I actually did have the game installed post EG expansion so I had some time to play the new expansion before my comp went belly up.

The new quest lines for TB and EG both were enjoyable changes.

I was already to the point of playing the game like most of the rest of the responses seem to indicate; for fun, to hang out, some PvP on occasion as well (I didn't die every time) b:chuckle

I still think PW is a good game, it's just not what I remember it to be and I can't say anymore that I'm excited to play it.

Bummer. b:bye
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Dont install, enjoy your life. I am still here, for the occasional tw. Other than that, i never play.

Real life is alot more fun and worth your time/money :)

b:dirtyb:bye
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Depends on your goals, I think. If I wouldn't be playing PWI, I'd be playing some oldschool storyline-based RPG that takes hundreds of hours to finish and quest for the most ridiculous gear.

But since I'm playing PWI, I obviously enjoy what's left of the fantasy world and focus on CONSTANTLY IMPROVING my character, like I would in...Final Fantasy, for example. The MMO part is just a bonus. I found amazing people with extraordinary mentalities, and that's what keeps this game DAMN fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.