Min HP for FCC

Yunakaris - Sanctuary
Yunakaris - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Cleric
I'm thinking of trying out FCC soon, maybe at 79, once I get WoP. But my 2200HP is like a slap in the face to me. I've been told that 3k HP unbuffed is good, but I'm not quite sure how to get that extra HP. I have ~55 base vit, and with gear, it's about ~78 vit. Even if I shard my equipment with flawless citrines, it's not much more than an extra 500ish HP. How do some of the clerics I see have something like 5k hp? b:question
And is 3k really the minimum? If I were to be charmed, would that number decrease by much?
Thanks.
Post edited by Yunakaris - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The high HP cleric's do so with refines, vit stats from ornaments, gear, and citrines.
    If you find a nice FCC squad you don't have to be worried about your HP.
    Just remember to don't heal before tank/DD get agro.
    Go charmed just grant you get your HP feeded when it goes low from 50% but don't prevent you from a die.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm thinking of trying out FCC soon, maybe at 79, once I get WoP. But my 2200HP is like a slap in the face to me. I've been told that 3k HP unbuffed is good, but I'm not quite sure how to get that extra HP. I have ~55 base vit, and with gear, it's about ~78 vit. Even if I shard my equipment with flawless citrines, it's not much more than an extra 500ish HP. How do some of the clerics I see have something like 5k hp? b:question
    And is 3k really the minimum? If I were to be charmed, would that number decrease by much?
    Thanks.

They mention a minimum for the AoEs that hit a fixed amount. I may be wrong here due to my not playing in forever, but 3k unbuffed means that, fully buffed, you won't be a one-shot to the fixed-amount AoEs.

Charmed just means you will be insta-healed (and then setting off subsequent cooldown on the charm) if you're hit below 50%. A charm will not save you from a one-shot.

Either way, I FCed back when it had just started to be popular and I did fine with relatively low HP. Depends on your squad too, I suppose.

As far as getting HP, the above posted nailed it. Appropriate adds, lots of vit in gear / on self, and some refines give you that much. Idk if 5k is really necessary at 79, but I, again, defer to my far more active cleric colleagues. =/
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It also means that when bosses spawn an add (which only two or three do) that if you get heal agro you won't go splat too quickly. I don't know how your server is but on mine we have so many people on my server doing plvling that you don't see squads until after L80. Even then they don't always ask for a cleric. My cleric is L98 and she broke 5k unbuffed with gears around L95. I also carry two sets of ornaments as well, -%chan set and a Vit/HP set.

If you have 5k HP unbuffed at 79 I'd wonder how much VIT got dropped in. My faith in the cleric's healing abilities would waver a little bit.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    HP needed is 5k+ after buff.

This will prevent you from getting 1 shot when someone is dumb enough to aoe the boss at heads room or when someone missed a hand.

As long as the cleric has up to date weapon and skill, lets not doubt so much of her ability to heal.b:pleased
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The real aoe you have to worry about is the exp room boss. He hits for around 2200-3100 dmg (I believe its physical damage). He interupts bb, too, so you can't rely on that for the damage reduction.

Other areas to worry about are unaggroed harpies. One boss spawns bishops right next to you that start physical attacking and have an aoe skill that interupts, meaning even your self heals might be canceled. And one boss has a seal nicknamed "purple bubble" that does physical damage over time and stop you from being able to use skills except for the genie. If you don't have a fair amount of hp this could easily kill you.

I would agree 3k is the minimum you should have for fcc, buffed or unbuffed. You can rely on 3k hp with barb buffs and some skill but would definitely need a barb in every run for barb buffs. Get some mirages and try to +3 your gear, as well as have flawless citrines in everything (fless garnets are nicer later).

Best idea might be to not FCC until you've increased the quality of your gear a bit.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have 3.8k-3.9k HP and it is good except that one boss who puts you into bubbles (barely), but with barb buff I get near 5k and it is more than enough. At 3k if you have baarb buff it should be enough.
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The real aoe you have to worry about is the exp room boss. He hits for around 2200-3100 dmg (I believe its physical damage). He interupts bb, too, so you can't rely on that for the damage reduction.

I also think he does more damage the closer you stand next to him, but i'm not sure, so it's best to stand as far away as you can while your squad heal will still heal the squad :P

And you can do it with 3.5k buffed, just watch out for anything physical :P I now have 3.3k unbuffed en about 4.5k buffed (with sage buff) so i still die on the hands, but i've done fcc since lvl 77 i believe.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I also think he does more damage the closer you stand next to him, but i'm not sure, so it's best to stand as far away as you can while your squad heal will still heal the squad :P

And you can do it with 3.5k buffed, just watch out for anything physical :P I now have 3.3k unbuffed en about 4.5k buffed (with sage buff) so i still die on the hands, but i've done fcc since lvl 77 i believe.
    Squad won't let her stand far back because hands will spawn at her and the person who is killing hands might be slow. Unless she kills the hand that spawns on her. But most squads prefer having all the group piled up at the boss.

@OP
    4k HP buffed is sufficient, use plume shell on exp room boss if you're scared to get 1 shot, I had lvl TT 70 gear and lvl 70 legendary gear during the 80s and normal phys res ornaments (3 star I guess, not sure, but nothing too fancy) and I didn't get 1 shot. And if a harpy aggroes you, try to kill it if no one catches it (Most people ignore them and I 90% of the times end up killing them alone....). ToP on genie when you get bubbled at 2nd boss and you'll be all good.
  • Yunakaris - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the replies. b:thanks
    I'll probably reach 3k unbuffed. And from your experience, is there usually a barb on the lower level runs? Is it 30% or 40% increase in hp?
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the replies. b:thanks
    I'll probably reach 3k unbuffed. And from your experience, is there usually a barb on the lower level runs? Is it 30% or 40% increase in hp?
    30% on lvl 10 and 35% on sage/demon

And yes, there should be a barb, no one is OP enough at lower lvls to go barbless. Although I think a seeker nowadays replaces a barb, not sure though because I haven't gone FC in a very long time but I just see people asking for a barb/seeker and read some stories that smooth runs went with seekers.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    30% on lvl 10 and 35% on sage/demon

And yes, there should be a barb, no one is OP enough at lower lvls to go barbless. Although I think a seeker nowadays replaces a barb, not sure though because I haven't gone FC in a very long time but I just see people asking for a barb/seeker and read some stories that smooth runs went with seekers.

If you do half pulls you don't need a barb or a seeker as long as you got a bm and a sin. I've done successful runs with two venos, me, a bm, and a sin. The sin reverse pulled to the bm who stunned. The venos had hercs and used nova to help the sin and bm keep everything aggroed and away from me. We had to do half pulls at the big room but meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    If you do half pulls you don't need a barb or a seeker as long as you got a bm and a sin. I've done successful runs with two venos, me, a bm, and a sin. The sin reverse pulled to the bm who stunned. The venos had hercs and used nova to help the sin and bm keep everything aggroed and away from me. We had to do half pulls at the big room but meh.
    Well yes, if you take small pulls, everything will go just fine as long as the squad is smart! But thats like a long run considering an 80s FC run is slow most of the time ~_~
  • GoogleMaster - Raging Tide
    GoogleMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What are you guys talking about? o.o I started healing FCs for friends when I hit 75. I have 3.2K HP buffed(working on it) and 2K+ pdef buffed(without Golden Bell). I just use crab meat and Adrenaline Surge right before I'm bubbled. All other bosses are really easy as emerald qingfus! b:surprised

EDIT:Okay, I'm talking about a half FC run. That means up to the heads.
  • Yunakaris - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    What are you guys talking about? o.o I started healing FCs for friends when I hit 75. I have 3.2K HP buffed(working on it) and 2K+ pdef buffed(without Golden Bell). I just use crab meat and Adrenaline Surge right before I'm bubbled. All other bosses are really easy as emerald qingfus! b:surprised

EDIT:Okay, I'm talking about a half FC run. That means up to the heads.

Does that include Oceania Master? Since it's his AOE that I'm kind of worried about.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You should be ok with 3.2k hp buffed.
    But you got to be good, and have nice reflexes.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well yes, if you take small pulls, everything will go just fine as long as the squad is smart! But thats like a long run considering an 80s FC run is slow most of the time ~_~

We did half pulls at the big room and that one big pull before the big room and we went faster than some of the suckier squads I've been in to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Auralina - Sanctuary
    Auralina - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Oh this is such a great thread for the level 75-85 clerics. :) Yup 4k HP buffed will keep you alive in exp room at boss, I'm a bit under 3k unbuffed at level 89 and I'm fine with barb buff there (although HP charm still ticks with every AOE).

I've only done one FCC run without a barb so far, which was fine UNTIL exp room. Then it got hilarious. I think I was around level 83 or something. We finally had to let boss reset because we all kept dying because I couldnt' stay alive (wizzy too), and if I went to town they all died (damn rez scroll cooldown...). HP charm is not a help it's true lol. So then someone swapped for their mysti to rez buff me, which was an interesting solution and very hilarious. She came in and stood beside me, and her job was to rez buff me over and over again lol. So every time boss AOE'd, I would die lol and pop up from rez buff and heal squad, and she would rez buff me again. Rinse repeat.... lol. Luckily I had just leveled and I had no exp so I didn't care and we laughed a LOT. :D I have never seen the floor of a cave so many times lol.

I've had at least one squad since then try to tell me 100 times that I didn't need a barb and the seeker would protect me, sigh, cuz he's a "great tank" and he would never let me die... Only one poor DD understood what I was talking about what I said the exp room boss AOE.

I'm lv 89 and halfway to 90, maybe when I get some 90 gear it will make a difference? Until then, I only go in squads with a barb, because one night of laughs was enough lol. Thanks all you awesome Sanct barbs out there if you happen to be reading cleric forum!! :D
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    I'm lv 89 and halfway to 90, maybe when I get some 90 gear it will make a difference?

Yes, very much so. =)
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Auralina - Sanctuary
    Auralina - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yes, very much so. =)

Woot Hurray I will go out and celebrate!! *starts frantically typing "cleric 90 gear" into forum search...* DAMN it says "90" is too short for search.....* b:cry b:chuckle

(I got rank when it was one sale a few weeks ago, so I'll get those two pieces. TT for the others I guess and I dunno........ Ugh GEAR....)
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As long as you're charmed you shouldn't have too much of a problem. I started fcc around lvl 74 and had about 2.6k hp. I was always charmed so I didn't worry much. Also, it's okay to stack yourself with IHs before the aoes, haha. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    We did half pulls at the big room and that one big pull before the big room and we went faster than some of the suckier squads I've been in to be honest.
    That's why I said 'most of the times' b:chuckle You're lucky to have a smart squad
    edited May 2011
    Does that include Oceania Master? Since it's his AOE that I'm kind of worried about.

Yups. He's easy if your squad doesn't aoe and sticks close. You'll get charm ticks though so I'd say, go uncharmed as the damage can be easily healed. If you think you can't stand it, try using plume shell. o.o
  • Yunakaris - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Yups. He's easy if your squad doesn't aoe and sticks close. You'll get charm ticks though so I'd say, go uncharmed as the damage can be easily healed. If you think you can't stand it, try using plume shell. o.o

That sort of relieves me. b:thanks
    Does he do something while channeling the aoe? Something that'll help me time plume shell?
    edited May 2011
    That sort of relieves me. b:thanks
    Does he do something while channeling the aoe? Something that'll help me time plume shell?
    Yeah, he does say something. But I'm always more focused on spamming chromo beam so I'm not quite sure about it. Its something like, "... endless despair." Its just a bit longer than sleep boss Dreadindra's speech of "endless nightmare".

b:sweat FC bosses are goths. >.> I only like the slash boss. He makes everyone run around like crazy b:chuckle
  • Hermaze - Raging Tide
    Hermaze - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I started Fcing with another cleric recently. Had 2.8k HP and 1.2k phy def unbuffed - pure mag build. Was kinda an experimental squad: 3 Seekers, 2 Sins and me - all 80-85 and it worked out great...

But on the other hand, im used to being squishy in FC and other dungeons as well as im used to heal FC... I was charmed, yes, but only for the bubble boss. Everything else is rather easy as long as they dont make a mistake at the Oceanic Master. (Either leaving out a hand or killing the clone) But for such occasions I always carry a res scroll with me.

And yeah - it really depends on the squad... Although i just say - no aggro no heals :P
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, I have 873 p.def unbuffed and 2567 hp and survive in FC without any issues. Of course that depends on the squad, since I really don't by heads but do the whole instance you sorta ened up with a lot of level 75-85 people who have no idea what they're doing. But when the squad is decent I manage to survive. Seriously, a lot of people seem to think that FC is harder than what it actually is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Solar_one - Sanctuary
    Solar_one - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    . Seriously, a lot of people seem to think that FC is harder than what it actually is.

Especially when your squad seems to think their cleric is an 6 armed god of eternal health fountain and all run off in various directions.
  • Hermaze - Raging Tide
    Hermaze - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Especially when your squad seems to think their cleric is an 6 armed god of eternal health fountain and all run off in various directions.

Totally agree with you two ^^
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Seriously, a lot of people seem to think that FC is harder than what it actually is.

It's a joke compared to what it used to be before the nerf patch b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    There is no special HP requirement for FCC really. I never even heard of some 3k minimum rule. You can technically do with with around 2.5k if you have ress scrolls and the right genie skills. Less hp than that would be suicidal though.

If you have less than 5k HP always make sure to have a ress scroll ready for exp room. They have a 30 minutes cooldown so keep track of it. Even with the best squads available, mistakes will happen at Oceanic Master eventually. Something will explode for 5k sooner or later when you run a lot of Frost. Big pull can go wrong to if someone forgets chi or starts to lag.

Its just not very convenient if you have to run all the way back to exp-room while everyones hyper is still going.