Vs. EG's

Options
Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Archer
Anyone figure out how to handle Mystics and Seekers.

Seekers arent that big a deal but my gosh, Mystics are a pain.

Got any suggestions? b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Retired nonfactor archer.
Post edited by Bellefleurs - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Huh? How are Mystics a pain? They're squishy. 1, maybe 2 shots, if they have R8 and refines.

Edit: I suppose they could be really hard to kill if they have the right summon out and get the Chi Shield on themself. In that case, kite them, let the shield wear off, and hit them when it's not up. Kill the summon to distract them... I prefer to Stun summon, 2 shot Mystic.

Seekers, however, are harder to kill than Barbs. TT99/R8 Seeker with refines can run through a cata wave in TW and just nuke people with Vortex, all the while, Archers/Wiz/Psy are hitting them with everything they have to mostly no effect. Stun them out of Vortex, but they seem to like to oneshot everyone with it anyway.

If they're in TT99 LA with high refines, good luck. Use Deadly shot if they have more MDef, use your Metal attacks if they have more PDef. But... They will have a lot of both, so... not like you're gonna be able to solo them anyway.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What Sarra said O:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Your having more trouble with Mystics than you are with Seekers..? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Edit: I suppose they could be really hard to kill if they have the right summon out and get the Chi Shield on themself. In that case, kite them, let the shield wear off, and hit them when it's not up. Kill the summon to distract them... I prefer to Stun summon, 2 shot Mystic.

LOL... thats funny. Mystic shield lasts for what 40... 45 seconds with 10 second cool down. Just how long do you plan to kite someone?
    Seekers, however, are harder to kill than Barbs. TT99/R8 Seeker with refines can run through a cata wave in TW and just nuke people with Vortex, all the while, Archers/Wiz/Psy are hitting them with everything they have to mostly no effect. Stun them out of Vortex, but they seem to like to oneshot everyone with it anyway.

Just how low are your refines compare to this said seeker. No seeker is going to live through a run like that where there is archer/wizards with 20k+ base damage. How much can a vortex do anyways... base + weap + 8k... thats about 20k (upper end) damage at the absolute most. my barrage is about 35k damage... and there are quiet a few people who live through my barrages.

Point and shoot... both mystic and seekers die just the same.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands
    _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mystics emm I would say lvl1 spark>Sharp>stun>normal hit I have kill many of them by that... The problem comes is they have salvation out that would be hard...

Seekers well same as a bm and barb lvl2 spark>Sharp>stun>magic attacks... Dont try to take range with seekers they can reach u..... also keep your shield up so u can resist the stun attack is a skill the seeker will spam a lot..... I use lvl2 spark because is harder with the defense lvl skill......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL... thats funny. Mystic shield lasts for what 40... 45 seconds with 10 second cool down. Just how long do you plan to kite someone?

I do not know which mystic skill "Mystic Shield" would be. Did you mean Verdant Shell? But I think that the kiting advice was for Nature's Barrier?
  • DaRoflCop - Lost City
    DaRoflCop - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Just how low are your refines compare to this said seeker. No seeker is going to live through a run like that where there is archer/wizards with 20k+ base damage. How much can a vortex do anyways... base + weap + 8k... thats about 20k (upper end) damage at the absolute most. my barrage is about 35k damage... and there are quiet a few people who live through my barrages.

Point and shoot... both mystic and seekers die just the same.

hurr durr, the seekers def buff reduces both phys AND magical defenses by 30% and with 10 +2% def lvl shards your looking at your dmg being cut in half, and if the seeker can afford that then most likely they can roll cit gems/vit stones, then your looking at epic shetstix. seekers are like...barbs with better defense and 4-5 op versions of mighty swing :P

mystics on the other hand are WAYYYY EASIER, although salvation is a **** with its shields, salvation itself is almost a one shot to a max range archer, which knocks off the first shield, then the next goes down in another shot, then the mystic in another. so in total its like....3-4 shots more or less. if the chihyu is out, the mag defenses suck so its a no brainer. IF a cragglord is out, run for your life.
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "Retired as of...
    February 26, 2011 "

Come out of retirement when a few seekers that actually know how to handle archers have caught up to your level of gears..

Most archers I see are usually 2-3 shotted by seekers in a matter of seconds.. r8/r8
  • DaRoflCop - Lost City
    DaRoflCop - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    brent40 wrote: »
    "Retired as of...
    February 26, 2011 "

Come out of retirement when a few seekers that actually know how to handle archers have caught up to your level of gears..

Most archers I see are usually 2-3 shotted by seekers in a matter of seconds.. r8/r8

QFT

/10charcharchar
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Good luck ;O

if we bring up devil chiyu on you archers then were more than likely to:
    pet skill stun>bramble/gale>nature>thicket(if we got the two sparks up)> nature spam

b:cute

-salvation>energy leech> gale> bramble> nature spam> bramble> nature spam> more bramble bramble tornado> nature nature

-mistress>pet skill damage+ bramble/thicket(if thicket then you might be dead :3)> psd+ nature

go on try and find a way out with my way of pvping :3
    (ofc it's easy, you just gotta know what skill to use first)
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hurr durr, the seekers def buff reduces both phys AND magical defenses by 30% and with 10 +2% def lvl shards your looking at your dmg being cut in half, ...

I think your math could use some work?

If you were an archer doing 1000 base damage, with a jones blessing for your only source of attack levels, and if you were fighting an opponent with no defense levels, your effective damage would be 1300.

Meanwhile, if you were this same archer was facing a seeker with sage adrenal numbness (35 defense levels) with another 20 defense levels from gear, your damage would be 769 where or a 41% decrease (or an 18% damage bonus over the 650 damage that you would have if your damage were cut in half).. And, if the seeker was getting only 30 levels from adrenal numbness, your damage decrease would be only 38% (or a 24% bonus over half damage). To cut your damage in half, your seeker opponent would need about 75 defense levels. (And increased attack levels on your part would mildly degrade how much your damage gets reduced.)