TW Archive and Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• _Althea_ - Harshlands
    _Althea_ - Harshlands Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    4. You blind, Gina? Kylin attacked Crimson 'cause Crimson's been dicking with them via bids. That's why Kylin hasn't had much war lately.

That's like RigaMortiZ wanting to attack Catalyst because Barbapapa "broke his promise and attacked them". It's not the smartest thing to do and tbh kind of a butthurt way to play the game. Obviously Crimson was going to win, and obviously if AL really bid against Catalyst, Catalyst would win. It's just simple logic. IMO if you're going to TW, do it against someone you can have fun with - and possibly win against - and not someone who is going to crystal rush you. Don't do it out of spite. I think that's what you were implying, right?

I will be the first to admit that I don't understand what you mean by Crimson dicking around with them via bids. Are you referring to the whole "Crimson takes Misfortune" thingy and leaving Kylin stranded? ._. I don't have a map in front of me atm so I hope that is correct.

Note to Catalyst: They didn't just crystal rush AfterLife in that one war, their DIVERSION crushed them. b:shutup So there was more to it. ;3 I was referring more to people just simply rushing a crystal...like most of the "big" factions did to smaller ones in TW. There was no strategy - just a rush and wipe. Yah'knoooww? That's me speaking from first hand. Valhalla did it - no strategy. Just run down lane B. AfterLife did it as well.
  • Ragagi - Harshlands
    Ragagi - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'd like to know what exactly transpired during the Deicide attack on Insanity that made it last only like 6 minutes leading up to a failed attack. Insanity was stacked against, so I was expecting something more drawn out between their two TW's.

Nothing against either guild, just curious.
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'd like to know what exactly transpired during the Deicide attack on Insanity that made it last only like 6 minutes leading up to a failed attack. Insanity was stacked against, so I was expecting something more drawn out between their two TW's.

Nothing against either guild, just curious.

I can answer that for the defending war, I was there on my mystic. Basically Deicide didn't have the organization/people online at that time and they got rolled. Flashlight literally climbed up our ramp at our HQ and was killing people at the spawn point. ...yeah, 'nuff said. There were also only a few people on vent. All in all, it was mostly lack of people showing up. Normally the guild has 75 people online..but that particular day they only had about 50? As for the attacking war, I don't know what happened there, I was in CrimsonJr's war, but I can only imagine it was partly for the same reasoning as the defending war. ^_^

Also, HIIIIII RAGAGIIIIIIII!
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    EDIT:
    Kylin Vs Crimson 07/05/11
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2MAmnQeDPQ

A watcher of Transcend's PvP videos as well? b:chuckle
    My laptop died on Thursday (water spill) so I missed all the TWs. Might miss next week's too cause I'll be on the airplane/moving/unpacking b:surrender

The one week where Kylin has a significant TW, I missed b:cry

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChuckyNorris - Harshlands
    ChuckyNorris - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    awwww, Desi, that sux. b:sad
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    A watcher of Transcend's PvP videos as well? b:chuckle
    My laptop died on Thursday (water spill) so I missed all the TWs. Might miss next week's too cause I'll be on the airplane/moving/unpacking b:surrender

The one week where Kylin has a significant TW, I missed b:cry

~Desiree

Yeah, I really love his videos =)
    I tried to do something like him, but it's not even close b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    CrimsonJr should resist much more time if everyone that have an alt there wasnt at Val, Cat, Crim or Kylin faction for the war =\

I'll agree with you on that.....but Eoria, Longknife and I aren't alts.... .-. I think...
    The JR's need to get their mains out of whatever faction they're in, imo, but you can't force them too....so, oh well.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I Lied. This would be the best TW music ever.

TW Song about Pirates
  • anhkrah
    anhkrah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Note to Catalyst: They didn't just crystal rush AfterLife in that one war, their DIVERSION crushed them. b.

What diversion?!???!!!1
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    anhkrah wrote: »
    What diversion?!???!!!1

I was told by several people that their lane B diversion was the only thing that actually ****ed the TW up. One second, I'll try to find where I heard that from.

The post below supports my own quote:
    Note to Catalyst: They didn't just crystal rush AfterLife in that one war, their DIVERSION crushed them. b:shutup So there was more to it. ;3 I was referring more to people just simply rushing a crystal...like most of the "big" factions did to smaller ones in TW. There was no strategy - just a rush and wipe. Yah'knoooww? That's me speaking from first hand. Valhalla did it - no strategy. Just run down lane B. AfterLife did it as well.

& that quote would be from Curses:
    It wasn't even a mindless B rush, we had squads on all 3 lanes, I guess we over-estimated them.

Taken from the Catalyst vs AfterLife TW post in forums, which can be found here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1070141

Along with other views of the TW that I heard from mi frands en Catalyst.

I hope that answers your question.

...or whatever that was.
  • anhkrah
    anhkrah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I was told by several people that their lane B diversion was the only thing that actually ****ed the TW up. One second, I'll try to find where I heard that from.

The post below supports my own quote:

& that quote would be from Curses:

Taken from the Catalyst vs AfterLife TW post in forums, which can be found here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1070141

Along with other views of the TW that I heard from mi frands en Catalyst.

I hope that answers your question.

...or whatever that was.

considering the firepower that "diversion" had, i cant really consider it a diversion.
    it looked more like a zerk B than anything else.
    and by no means does it take away the merit of it.
    lone cata squads on other lanes, or even 1 or 2 squads, that i can consider a diversion.
    this was not the case.
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    anhkrah wrote: »
    considering the firepower that "diversion" had, i cant really consider it a diversion.
    it looked more like a zerk B than anything else.
    and by no means does it take away the merit of it.
    lone cata squads on other lanes, or even 1 or 2 squads, that i can consider a diversion.
    this was not the case.

That's not what I've heard about that particular TW. Maybe the other lanes didn't have catapult squads on them, but just other squads. The only people that could verify that claim (of them having catapult squads/not having catapult squads) are the Catalyst members/squad leaders. b:pleased

Point is, based on the quote I posted, there was more to it than a simple B push. Which was the main point of my TW summary.

^_^
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5026/twmap5132011.png

1. Holy cluster**** of arrows.
    2. And that's about all that needs to be said about this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Holy **** thats a huge arrow in the top right corner o.e Also, anyone else notice most of the arrows are by AL/Valhalla lands?

woot stacked wars again....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5026/twmap5132011.png

1. Holy cluster**** of arrows.
    2. And that's about all that needs to be said about this week.

Hmmmm...looks like a fun weekend.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Whoa.....you mean Riga grew a pair and attacked somebody BESIDES us?!

My mind is....blown.
    ....Go Valhalla. Paying 100k each for SS's of Eoria dead. b:chuckle
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Q_Q
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options

Born_Free: Can't make heads or tails of arrows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Born_Free: Can't make heads or tails of arrows.

And don't you forget it!
    ....on second thought....200k each for SS's of Eoria dead. b:avoid

Q_Q
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options

My mind is....blown.
    ....Go Valhalla. Paying 100k each for SS's of Eoria dead. b:chuckle

I'll just state the obvious here since Eoria won't.

AfterLife attacked CrimsonJr.

CrimsonJr attacked AfterLife.

Mayhem went after AfterLife.

...who is going after CrimsonJr.

Ya? xD
    Holy **** thats a huge arrow in the top right corner o.e Also, anyone else notice most of the arrows are by AL/Valhalla lands?

woot stacked wars again....

CRIMSONJR FTW. FEAR OUR CATA BARBS.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    CRIMSONJR FTW. FEAR OUR ARCANE CATA BARBS.

Fixed that for you. b:chuckle

Q_Q
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

speaking about AA barb... they rock!!!! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options

Our arcane barb left.

Enough of this spam!
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    CRIMSONJR FTW. FEAR OUR CATA BARBS.

b:shocked Not the arcane barbs again!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Any comments on finished TWs? Who won in the clash of the titans? o.o
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Any comments on finished TWs? Who won in the clash of the titans? o.o

Friday, Catalyst won before AfterLife could wipe out CrimsonJr. I don't know exactly what times the TWs were, or if Catalyst started 13 minutes before hand - but yea. 'nuff said. After that, Bludd was in WC saying how, "Well derp maybe derp if we derp had moar DD n liek ppl 2 show up derp we could have won and or given a better fight. Derp."

From what I heard, it was a B rush (the member even admitted that it was sad(b:sad)) by Catalyst and even their defenses were told to move up with the attacking squads because they knocked them down in their first push. Again, just what I heard on vent after the war.
    I would love to hear more from other people that were actually there. I haven't asked around any other Catalyst friends.

Nobody showed up for CrimsonJr's TW so we had a Spartan run. Everyone and their mother, it seemed, showed up to the AfterLife TW. I got to purge Warian, but not MrLlama. I don't know what this **** is b:cry. I'll get'm next week.

Insanity won VS Deicide. I'm guessing for the same reasons as last week, which would be the lack in organization/people that were willing to attend. I believe, and don't quote me on this; Deicide has one land left?

Crimson went after Kylin and Kylin did a pretty good job from what I've been told. They defended for quite a while but in the end lost. Way to go Kylin, I'm so proud! xD

Stalkers bid on Resist I think with a high amount of money but, not surprisingly, were outbid by another faction. I don't know which ~ any add on would be great.

Off the top of my head that's what I have for a summary of Friday.
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Hmmmm...looks like a fun weekend.

You need to come to CrimsonJr's TW tonight!
    *tugs on ears*

>:[
    edited May 2011
    Options
    awww, ok.

Thank you for feedback Althea! b:thanks
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    CrimsonJr lost because I think literally, less than 20 people showed for TW. People who said they were going to come ended up going to the Catalyst, Crimson, and Kylin wars. Longknife was understandably pissed off.

The WORST part is, those people who claimed they were coming, but didn't, probably would have helped to the point that we actually could have accomplished something. Yet, time and time again....nobody shows. Like....ever.

The only thing that can be said for CrimsonJr....is this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo&feature=related
    and--
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkO5VyY78xQ&NR=1

And for Longknife....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k&feature=related

...Noooooo....b:cry

Q_Q
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So wait...people are supposed to join a war on their alts when their mains have major wars going on? Lol?

Anyway...http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8757/twmap5152011.png

1. Nearly the same outcomes as last week, honestly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• _Althea_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So wait...people are supposed to join a war on their alts when their mains have major wars going on? Lol?

Anyway...http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8757/twmap5152011.png

1. Nearly the same outcomes as last week, honestly...

I think she was focusing mainly on the point that people who are in "major wars" (LOL) who were personally asked by Longknife to go, who said they would, ended up not coming.

I don't see why you think a six minute TW is considered a major war though.

...cause it's not.

And I say this because most of the alts we have in guild are Catalyst member alts.

Understandably so, Crimson and Kylin members (I think we only have like..three? Two off the top of my head are Drah and Kurses -if he's even in here on his alt anymore-) can actually go to a war and receive a decent fight.

Something that was said on vent during our war is: A venomancer and a BM in their war isn't going to make a difference if they're running down B like champs. But an -insert class here, and here- would make a difference in our war because we lack in people.

C: And we saw this in the TW two weeks ago when AfterLife sent in their cata squads. We were successfully able to push them out of base until vent crashed & there were miscommunications.

Edit: Is forums messing up for anyone else? I go to click "preview" and it posts. That's not cool.

Anyway..

Another long war ~ Mayhem VS AfterLife.

Good job! Almost three hours again.