new account

Options
Piratu - Lost City
Piratu - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
if i creaye a new account and i wanna play on that, its posible to get my char from my old account to the new one?
Post edited by Piratu - Lost City on

Comments

• Foxieee_trek - Harshlands
    Foxieee_trek - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b:infuriated
    venomacer lvl 80b:pleased
    assasin lvl62b:victory
    Ah, crazy rich bored people, I will never be able to understand them. b:surrender
  • Piratu - Lost City
    Piratu - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    what that supose to mean?
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well, ummm... no, not possible.

As for her expression, she means 'Argh, no way, what kind of question is that?', which I know, is not very kind. But again, why would you want a character transfer? b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well, ummm... no, not possible.

As for her expression, she means 'Argh, no way, what kind of question is that?', which I know, is not very kind. But again, why would you want a character transfer? b:surrender

Perhaps he has a cleric on his original account along with multiple other classes, and would like to move the cleric to a new account to utilize the new multiclienting rule. That's just one possible example that pops into my head quickly.

Blizzard offers this feature for their unmentionable game, for a fee of $25, as long as both accounts in question are registered to the same user. In all honesty, I'm surprised PWE doesn't offer the same thing. It would be more money for them for doing virtually nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Finaler - Raging Tide
    Finaler - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    only problem i'd see is that how would you know if they're registered to the same person. I mean in "that game" they have a central account and seperate in game account[which one pserver for pw actually had scripting for oddly enough lol] here it would be too easy to say "hey this account's mine" and really it's just a character they just bought for irl money. which if i remember correctly is against eula even if pwi's getting payed that way. It would just make things easier. An easier way to do it w/o doing this is to have "bound" accounts. Simple explanation: you move a toon to a new account that's bound to your main account. if the bound account isn't on the same ip as your main it's blocked from entering and then the bound and main account can be banned unless given really good proof of reason.
    also known as notes or maxer depending on the server.

resident lowbie of tao
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    only problem i'd see is that how would you know if they're registered to the same person. I mean in "that game" they have a central account and seperate in game account[which one pserver for pw actually had scripting for oddly enough lol] here it would be too easy to say "hey this account's mine" and really it's just a character they just bought for irl money. which if i remember correctly is against eula even if pwi's getting payed that way. It would just make things easier. An easier way to do it w/o doing this is to have "bound" accounts. Simple explanation: you move a toon to a new account that's bound to your main account. if the bound account isn't on the same ip as your main it's blocked from entering and then the bound and main account can be banned unless given really good proof of reason.

If I recall correctly (and it's entirely possible I'm wrong, since it's been a while since I made my accounts) you have to provide your name and birthdate when you register. Those two things would be an easy way to see if the accounts "match". If you purchased the account for RL money, the names won't match, and therefore you wouldn't be able to transfer a purchased character to an account in your name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]