****?

Options
NEMAE - Heavens Tear
NEMAE - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Support Desk
:( how do i check the IP that last logged in my account? because i logged in today and all my characters were next to mail boxes, and all my money/equips that werent bound are gone
When axes aren't enough, use Kung Fu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by NEMAE - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you open a support ticket for starters.

Ask around to people that you have given your login info to.

****:
    1. The act of breaking into computers and computer networks

2. To manipulate a computer program skilfully, esp, to gain unauthorized access to another computer system

3. To program a computer in a clever, virtuosic, and wizardly manner. Ordinary computer jockeys merely write programs; hacking is the domain of digital poets. Hacking is a subtle and arguably mystical art, equal parts wit and technical ability, that is rarely appreciated by non-hackers. See hacker.

4. To break into computer systems with malicious intent. This sense of the term is the one that is most commonly heard in the media, although sense 3 is much more faithful to its original meaning. Contrary to popular misconception, this sort of hacking rarely requires cleverness or exceptional technical ability; most so-called "black hat" hackers rely on brute force techniques or exploit known weaknesses and the incompetence of system administrators.

Now that we've cleared up what 'Hacking' actually is, I can tell you that it is extremely doubtful that anyone has ever truly **** a PWI account.

What happens is one of two things....
    1. You give your account info to a buddy for some reason. Later he/she gets greedy and takes your stuff. (most common)
    2. You have a virus on your system that is logging your keystrokes and sending it off to a malicious party. These are typically obtained when you try to download a 'cheat' for the game.

Both are easily avoidable. Neither is hacking.
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Account issues such as this would be better handled by Customer Service, as it is not really a technical problem. Please submit a ticket to them on this issue.

If you are concerned for your account, please run a scan on your computer to remove any possible keylog programs. After the scan completes, change the password to your email account and then to your game account.

Another safety measure would be to not share your account information with anyone, as this could lead to a compromised account.

Good luck.
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • NEMAE - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    thank you, and sorry, i was in a rush and thought this looked like the place

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NEMAE - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well great i sent in a ticket and the gms threatened to ban me rather than help me, now i really want to keep playing -sarcasm-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It could be that they crossed information from several accounts and came to the conclusion you've shared your account information with another user. If not, I would stress that isn't the case to them.
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i myself on another game have found myself the target of being ****, however that person managed to exploit the game website, i had been changing my password once a week since that toon on that game was of high level (120),unfortunately that evening i didn't do my regular password change and and entire account was deleted by a 3rd party, 3 years of work gone!!!

seriously, change your password every week when your high level, don't share your account info even with your best friend. if you do ...immediately change your password again, and your bank lock code.

sorry to hear you got ripped off somehow, hopefully "the powers that be" will be able to hunt the removed items down and return them
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ...hopefully "the powers that be" will be able to hunt the removed items down and return them

I had a friend that had his account compromised. He didn't have a good password, and relied on a difficult login ID for his security. Then Core connect was released and not only did it have all of it's bugs, but initially, it displayed your login ID. Someone that knew him, guessed his password pretty easily. We even figured out who it was within less than a day, and had screenshots to prove it. (not that they would have needed that, they can see the activity logs just fine.) They didn't do anything. Didn't compensate him at all, and made no effort to return the gear that he had spent untold amounts of time and money working on.

Don't expect to get anything back.

Sadly, because of this event, JP no longer plays PWI and will not return.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle