Gold

SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Holy cow, i leave for maybe 4 months to play another game, come back and gold prices have more then doubled?!?!?! used to be 500k would get ya a gold, now i see the lowest is 1.2 mil.. so much for that stash stone i was savin up for... Now to help prevent this post from gettin depth'd ;) (tho it still may), what drove up prices? packs? TW? cash shoppers? i notice things are generally the same price in shops as they used to be, dq items and the like, hay, etc, so at least the gold inflation hasnt inflated other things too much (though i havent checked current prices on TT mats.
Post edited by SugarPrinces - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, there are a bunch of pack sales right now that are driving gold up. Without them (or with just 1) it would be around 700-800k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Yasrae - Sanctuary
    Yasrae - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its more or less more new pack items aka cash shoppers market. TT mat prices have been halved. I remember a yr ago when Anci devils souls use to cost like 20mil each, now they go for like 11mil a piece. So ya Cash Shoppers and Power sellers cause this inflation.
  • DeathMethod - Harshlands
    DeathMethod - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Bumpb:avoid
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    used to be a nickle would get you a candybar too so whats your point? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If memory serves, it was the original General Summer's sale that put gold at 1m+, which had 25 rep badges at 45 silver for 50, and mysterious chips for I-forget-but-still-cheap-as-hell. Once gold prices went that high, the lowest I've seen them dip to is around 600-700k, when literally nothing was on sale except fashion.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i remember the days when gold was about 250k per (way WAY back in the day, before half the quest text was even translated lol), this new skyhigh price really blows, especially for us non cash shoppers... in my experience, once the price goes up, it doesnt go back down, or at least, not by very much.. so now i gotta grind 3x as much to get my stash stone to stick my anni mount on my new toon..
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its more or less more new pack items aka cash shoppers market. TT mat prices have been halved. I remember a yr ago when Anci devils souls use to cost like 20mil each, now they go for like 11mil a piece. So ya Cash Shoppers and Power sellers cause this inflation.
    Yet again, somebody gets it exactly, perfectly, 180 degrees, backwards.

Cash Shoppers put Gold into the game, which increases Gold supply. Increased supply means lower prices. Go ahead, Google it if you need to.

F2P players compete to buy the Gold, which causes increase in Gold demand. Increased demand means higher prices. Go ahead, Google that too if you need to.

Ultimately, though, the effect of both of these forces are dwarfed by the influence of the guaranteed exchange rate that PWI sets whenever they lower the price of Packs in the cash-shop. Since you can open Packs and NPC the Tokens and Tokens of Best Luck, then PWI effectively sets the price floor for Gold. For example, Tiger Packs have an NPC payout price of ~230k for Tokens alone, which at 0.36 Gold each guarantees a Gold price floor of no less than 640k. When you factor in the remaining items, the price necessarily is much higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    tey keep these sales going forever, cuz it pushes people to cash shop more, because... its kinda cheaper and easier to just cs it. Not to spend ur time on this game 24/7 in a boring game, to get that money u need. buy 20 gold there u go, you got urself around 24mil

Easy.,

Its pure marketing scam on pwe's end. That is why I stopped giving money to this company 6 months ago and barely log anymore b:bye