Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• Zudy - Dreamweaver
    Zudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    imma spam this forums untill i get those medals u know b:surrender
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i wont allow this thread to go on second page :o
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Let me see if I understand this whole thing...

DQ points were given due to the nerf of DQ NPC vendor prices...

Medals were added to DQ prizes due to TW being the only way to get them...

"Devs" were upset at ability to cat shop and the amount of them flooding the servers so they removed them...

I think I see the real reason for the changes....

Dev1: I have a great idea! Everyone wants to get R9 so we have a cash cow here.

Dev2: That's great but we need a way to get the people to buy more CS gold...

Dev1: Can't we just put R9 in CS and charge a mint?

Dev2: No! Our big CS/ers will be pissed!

Dev3: Hey you guys, why not create a pack with a 0.001% chance of getting a medal or token to make R9?

Dev1: WOW! That is a great idea! But first we need to drain their gold before we put these packs out...

Dev2: Let's give them a major pack sale with something new... ROFL, how about a motorcycle from the future? Those sheep will fall for anything... lol

Dev1: Yea! Don't forget the fashion we can also bring from the future... you know those people can't resist spending $$ on pixels.

Dev3: There you go... now get to work. I need CS/ers to CS so I can buy a new Rolex.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Medal of glory never amazed me, OHT is better anyways. That's why I stay away from R9. Why not remove rank equipment as well? Not joking either.

As for people QQing about chest of coins in the wrong way... I LOL'ed hard.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Medal of glory never amazed me, OHT is better anyways. That's why I stay away from R9. Why not remove rank equipment as well? Not joking either.

OMG, yoar SO right!

OHT gear is SOOOOOOOOOO much better than R9.

Wait... do you even have a character high enough to use OHT gear, much less R9?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OMG, yoar SO right!

OHT gear is SOOOOOOOOOO much better than R9.

Wait... do you even have a character high enough to use OHT gear, much less R9?

you have never met yulk before huh? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you have never met yulk before huh? b:chuckle

Who? b:worried
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • imperialangel
    imperialangel Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Wait .... What?
    Seriously what game have you been playing? R9 eviscerates OHT and Nukes Nirvana too for that matter.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

go look up his old posts and you will see. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    go look up his old posts and you will see. b:chuckle

Don't do it! Your brain WILL live to regret it!
  • Vitruvio - Raging Tide
    Vitruvio - Raging Tide Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

He is a legend b:laugh
    96 Blademaster - 89 Venomancer
    81 Archer - 83 cleric
    86 seeker...
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ok so lets see if i got this straight... in the nearly year since the DQ point system was added, rewards have been removed, not added?? i seem to recall a promise of "more things to come"... now i see a bunch of useless crud...
    perfect stones - Great now i can get my genie and flier maxxed,
    Mysterious chips - Hm does the mysterious vendor in 1k even have anything useful for under 90's??..
    Do all card - Great if i was a CoF'er, tho i hear theres no profit from the cube anymore even IF you finish and you end up a good chunk of coin less by the end of it anyways..
    Random pigment - Woot i love dyin all my clothes psychadelic colours and havin em not match anymore and look like **** and end up sellin em off..
    Makeover scroll - WOOT how many times can i get a facelift before i get bored of it... hhm
    Wraith Officer's Badge - Ok this is somewhat good, rep is very helpful, except theres a couple issues with it... a) its 1000 dq points, so at 100k coin for 150 dq points by the jones quest, this would cost you.... about 670,000 coin... for 25 rep... pretty sure i can buy em in archo for ALOT less then that and b) lets say i wanna grind for this item.. so i go outside sanctuary and kill the mobs there that drop the 25 dq point items, i need 40 of em to get the 1000 dq points i need for the badge.. many man MANY hours later i realize.. Oh shoot, i coulda gone on a 59 or 69 BH and probably gotten one or two, even if i didnt get one in the first run, i could run it 4 more times in less time then it took to grind the drops..

the rest of the stuff... meh.. event points might be decent, but considering you could likely make enough coin catshoppin DQ items to buy real gold and buy the items at their real price not the 3x elevated event prices.. why bother..

All in all, DQ system = Fail.. you'd spend less time and effort and money actually DOING the DQ questlines, and make some coin with the medallion's at the end of it all

you REALLY should add highly-wanted items to the list, such as cages for the venos (and those that like to have multiple mounts/allclass pets), account stash stones (so that all of us who got the anni mount can send it to our new mystic/seeker that we've decided should be our new main since they seem to have made several of the other classes almost obsoleted), or hell, even put the stupid hammer in there for oh say, 15000 dq points, then we can open our supply stash's without spendin $5, since the chest of coins has been removed from CoF, i dont anticipate alot of influx of coin into the game from people using the hammer to open the chest.. i would imagine a good many people have already vendored their stockpile of chests for the DQ points while savin up for R9 anyways....
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Almost got away..
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thanks PWI...

Our faction got rolled again in TW since our top players can't get their rank 9.

You guys really know how to make a game enjoyable.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thanks PWI...

Our faction got rolled again in TW since our top players can't get their rank 9.

You guys really know how to make a game enjoyable.

I nearly pissed myself laughing.

If you need Rank9 to win, then youve already lost.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I nearly pissed myself laughing.

If you need Rank9 to win, then youve already lost.

Tell that to Catalyst....they obviously haven't gotten the message yet. b:laugh
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Still waiting for medals, I already have the general summer tokens since b4 this nerf, either give me back the money I spend on them, or readd the medals so I can get the last two pieces of R9.
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Medals were meant to be exclusive for a few. Well they aren't exclusive anymore. Plz put them back in DQ system. Cheersb:lipcurl
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If the medals are not readded the ones that already have R9 will have an unfair advatange, I have all the general summer tokens sitting on my bank, only the medals are missing, readded them now. b:angry
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i love how this thread got un-stickied... mods hoping it'll sink into oblivion??
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Pretty much.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Its kind of ironic. Had they NOT TAMPERED with DQ prices initially, none of this would've been a problem, and they wouldn't have had soo much bad PR over it.
  • Hidden_Ninja - Heavens Tear
    Hidden_Ninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    us yelling to each other on some forgotten thread that no one but us looks at isnt the way... the only way is to genuinely boycott buying gold... instead i see gold prices raising because demand is greater and greater... you want results? stop buying gold... stop paying them to **** us off.... They may be paid when they give us what we deserve. Period. not before. so spread the word and start the movement, boycott giving them money until we get what we want and that includes buying gold from the AH, as that only supports those who aren't participating in the boycott. Starve them. then they will listen. otherwise they have no motivation
    edited May 2011
    Options
    worth repeating to emphasize.

us yelling to each other on some forgotten thread that no one but us looks at isnt the way... the only way is to genuinely boycott buying gold... instead i see gold prices raising because demand is greater and greater... you want results? stop buying gold... stop paying them to **** us off.... They may be paid when they give us what we deserve. Period. not before. so spread the word and start the movement, boycott giving them money until we get what we want and that includes buying gold from the AH, as that only supports those who aren't participating in the boycott. Starve them. then they will listen. otherwise they have no motivation
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Neat! In order to start a good boycott, you need to get more people involved. Otherwise you just marginalize yourself and we end up with motorbikes, (because the people who spend money, ie. pay for this game to stay operational, want them.) How much do you funnel into this game anyway? Money is what matters. Think about consequences. Who cares if you don't buy gold? Someone else will buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
    edited May 2011
    Options
    obviously that was my point...
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hidden go back to hiding in stealth and then WCing how much of a good sin you are....Then let me watch you get 1 shot by Gorgonnia ok :D?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oh, I see. You're just letting someone else who has more motivation know what has to be done, and hoping that's enough of a contribution? As I said, neat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1, i have been boycotting gold, dont need it, 2. big talk from some one who wont show ur identity, coward.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    why would you turn a useful post into QQ drama? what i said has obvious useful merit

This discussion has been closed.