Client not installing (Data1.pck corrupt)

tehspyke678
tehspyke678 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Support Desk
I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. I downloaded from the torrent on the main site

I've tried installing the game multiple times, all of these attempts led to a 44% install.
I've: Run as admin; installed to the following drives: C, Programs (x86), and Public -> Documents; run in compatibility mode for Vista service pack 2.

Nothing has worked and I get the same error every time: Data1.pck is corrupt, please redownload, etc...

Has anyone had this problem and found a way to fix or work around it?
Post edited by tehspyke678 on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You can try again.

Please see if any of the information below might help you, something may be blocking the download and/or installation. Please make sure that you have at least 14GB of free hard drive space.

Once installed, you can add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Put Name of Game Here

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • tehspyke678
    edited May 2011
    Disabled firewalls, antivirus, the whole nine yards. My harddrive has over 300g of free space, and nothing should be "blocking" the installer to the point of it saying "File corrupt". I didn't use the downloader, I downloaded the files from the torrent. I'm trying again from a mirror site now, but this will be the 3rd "new" file I've downloaded and I'm not expecting different results.
  • alanthier
    alanthier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Disabled firewalls, antivirus, the whole nine yards. My harddrive has over 300g of free space, and nothing should be "blocking" the installer to the point of it saying "File corrupt". I didn't use the downloader, I downloaded the files from the torrent. I'm trying again from a mirror site now, but this will be the 3rd "new" file I've downloaded and I'm not expecting different results.

I know exactly how you feel, going to try to see if it's working now, if not, it will be my nth time doing this(lost track of number of times)
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Maybe try using another mirror, or using the direct download?
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • tehspyke678
    edited May 2011
    Maybe try using another mirror, or using the direct download?

Direct downloader keeps giving me errors, but I'm currently doing that right now. Pretty sure it's just going to give an error after 2 hours of downloading like I've seen twice.

I'm trying to find a working mirror to no avail. I tried one, and it didn't even download right (direct)... tried another and my computer BSOD'd, then lost all the seeds (torrent) by the time I was up and running again. Know any reliable mirrors?
  • alanthier
    alanthier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Direct downloader keeps giving me errors, but I'm currently doing that right now. Pretty sure it's just going to give an error after 2 hours of downloading like I've seen twice.

I'm trying to find a working mirror to no avail. I tried one, and it didn't even download right (direct)... tried another and my computer BSOD'd, then lost all the seeds (torrent) by the time I was up and running again. Know any reliable mirrors?

I direct downloaded yesterday after removing the remains of what didnt delete itself on it's own, and it worked, then failed on me again after i logged off. I think it's something on their end, something wrong with one or both of the patches that THEY need to resolve.
  • tehspyke678
    edited May 2011
    alanthier wrote: »
    I direct downloaded yesterday after removing the remains of what didnt delete itself on it's own, and it worked, then failed on me again after i logged off. I think it's something on their end, something wrong with one or both of the patches that THEY need to resolve.

I'm almost positive it's their problem at this point. There's no logical reason for my install not working.