Veno HA-AA can still survive?

_Paxil_ - Lost City
_Paxil_ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Venomancer
Title says all, i think it could be fun making a HA veno, but would i be better off just making a seeker? I mean would i get one shoted by everyone? b:surrender
Post edited by _Paxil_ - Lost City on

Comments

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Question:

YES...YES...YES YES, its sashas build. took it from another thread i had about HA-AA Venos.

And to your post:

HA Veno is defently fun to try, yet very expensive. If you are more concerned about pve wise..stick with AA. If you want to be a balanced pvp char, check out HA/AA build.

Tho a pure AA Veno can deal alot of dmg in pvp as well and dont understimate in defense either.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011

>>This guy says no<<
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well most people can get one shotted one way or the other.

HA can get one shotted by:

-Wizzies
    -Psys
    -Clerics
    -Archer metal attacks
    -Sins
    -Venos
    -Mystics?

LA can be one shotted by:

-Everything

AA can be one shotted by:

-Archers
    -Sins
    -HA Venos~(Not sure of how powerful Arcane Antitomy or w/e is, might, might be good for it)
    -Cleric physical spells
    -Barbs
    -BM
    -Seekers?

Theres weakness and strong points to all the builds, considering that most players wont recognize you as HA on a Veno at first, might give you that edge you need. A seeker, BM or barb casters and the like would most likely open with an elemental attack. Venos are still mostly Arcane, so you buy a few seconds being attacked by the pysical attacks first(some might never get youre HA til its too late)
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well most people can get one shotted one way or the other.

HA can get one shotted by:

-Wizzies
    -Psys
    -Clerics
    -Archer metal attacks
    -Sins
    -Venos
    -Mystics?

LA can be one shotted by:

-Everything

AA can be one shotted by:

-Archers
    -Sins
    -HA Venos~(Not sure of how powerful Arcane Antitomy or w/e is, might, might be good for it)
    -Cleric physical spells
    -Barbs
    -BM
    -Seekers?

I have no idea where you came up with that ridiculous looking list. I play an AA veno but I'm not a "pure". Now, for the AA classes if you're talking a "pure" magic build, I can see that. However, you fail to take into account builds where people have put in VIT. Most of the venos I leveled up with (and used to be ranked in PvP for HT) were far from squishy. They usually had nine to eleven thousand health when buffed by a barb (a good one). My cleric gets to 6.7k-6.8k HP when she is buffed and she's AA. Of all of my characters the only magic one I think that could actually be one-shotted is my wizard (which isn't leveling anymore). I think the max I have ever seen an archer hit is 4k, maybe a 6k crit or something. So the point, anything that is well built with a good balance of stats to the way you want to play won't necessarily get one-shot.

Now, with the -int craze in the game, yeah, I can see a barb getting one-shot by a wizard. The wizard is probably a glass cannon and would need to get the drop on the barb before they got munched. To the OP, if you want to try it, go ahead. I have three venos: LA, AA/Vit, and HA. My AA veno is my favorite. My HA veno was pretty fun. I could tank faren and calcid in BH39 with a cleric that had some brains. Go make both an HA veno and a seeker. Certainly can't hurt any and you'll be able to decide which one you want to play more.
    edited May 2011
    The ridiclous list is taken out of my own playing experience, and puts it to the point. With 15k phy def and 10k HP I got one shotted by a sin.

Buffed up with 6k mag def, 11k HP and 50% mag damage reduction charm Ive been one shotted by wizzies and psys.

Been one shotted by Archer metal attack that hit me for over 20k

Been one shotted by clerics Tempest, hit me for 14k

Veno critted me for over 9k.

Ive one shotted Venos, Wizzies and psys. Skill use + my normal damage in fox form had me do so at up to 6.7k HP AA. Critted for over 15k with magic on barbs, thats enough for alot of the tigers these days.

Mystics and seekers both got a "?" behind em cause I dont know, but assume they follow the same squishieness as other HA and AA.

the +30 atk level Jones, increasing amount of Rank gear and highly refined weapons simply means that PvP is more and more a One shot or get one shotted kind of play.

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, you do play on Dreamweaver. I guess that's the difference in servers and players. I never saw damage like that in PK, PvP duel, or TW.
  • wildwolfrider
    wildwolfrider Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    deleted because of moment of posting stupidity
  • wildwolfrider
    wildwolfrider Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well I was playing around with how much of what type of damage I could take just a day or so ago. I'm in my low 9xs, so clearly I don't have end game gear atm. But, with tt90 gear that is at the moment not very well refined or sharded, I can take hits really really well.

So, when in full HA in fox form I have around 16K pdef (buffed it goes up to 20.5Kish), and a pure magic build 10x cleric w/ a well refined rank weapon given the time to use extreme poison and their phys break and demon spark still can't one-shot me with plume shot (unless it crits). Nor can any phys attack class.

On the other hand, even when I'm in full AA (which is also equally poorly sharded and refined atm), magic classes can still one-shot me when allowed to spark and use any mdef breaks they can. This is partly because, even fully buffed, my mdef can only get to around 9.9K, and I have around 4.5K HP. (highest I was hit w/o a crit from the same cleric above was I think 12 or 13K with tempest)

In terms of pve, let's just say I tend to live through things when others die, but frankly if an AA veno spent the same amount on gear that I have over time, that veno would do just as well in pve and have an easier time soloing instances.
    edited May 2011
    Plume shot is a physical hit, so against 16k phy def it shouldnt hit that bad. However, Whirlwind does, and its faster and yield more damage than the Plume shot. STill kinda proving the point when it can one shot you with a crit.

Depending a bit on how much youre talking in gear. There are bosses a herc Veno simply cant solo, that a HA Veno can. And a bit vice versa. The differences however:

AA Veno:.......................HA Veno

Pros:.............................Pros:

Cheaper........................Faster
    Easy to maintain............Higher general survivability
    ...................................Can take on more bosses, and tank with cleric

Cons:.......................... Cons:

Slow............................Expensive and hard to maintain
    ...................................Lower budget hampers damage output more

Feel free to add stuff Ive forgotten...

• _Paxil_ - Lost City
    _Paxil_ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Going for the HA veno, since i'm not afraid of challenge b:pleased I'm far more interested in PVP than PVE, so i think it suites me more.

Now i'll have to think if i'm going demon or sage b:cry they both seem so yummi b:chuckle

Ty all for your answers b:thanks
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This is what I would change about that :

http://pwcalc.com/769d5f4b597bc007

but yeah Heavy or Light can work if you make it work for you... Jades of Steady Defense will increase survivability more so than vit stones. If using the APS gear I'd always recommend a good magic sword over a pataka given they are 1.25 instead of 1.00 speed. Plus if you intend to stick with heavy rank 8 is not going to help you unless you want the -channel breast plate.

Basically when the time comes... and it will eventually PWE will have no choice but to release new gear where you actually have a choice rather than the deadlocked Rank 9. In this event the build can be expanded on.

Anyone telling you that arcane is the only way to go isn't very open minded as each has disadvantages and advantages over the other.

personally went with light armor because it was the less expensive route and I actually like the fox skills and taking advantage of them. If arcane build accuracy is too low to use anything other than amp, purge and soul degen.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/a9ac830cc09c09a1

Veno full Rank9 isnt that squishy to Phy attack.

b:chuckle
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Going for the HA veno, since i'm not afraid of challenge b:pleased I'm far more interested in PVP than PVE, so i think it suites me more.

Now i'll have to think if i'm going demon or sage b:cry they both seem so yummi b:chuckle

Ty all for your answers b:thanks

Well, if u r into PvP i can just tell u: the times of HA builds r more or less over (at least on Lost City). In times where every1 has a NV, R8 or R9 weapon ur nix just gets 1 or 2shot. At this point u r on ur own and especially vs other magic (arcane) classes u'd depend too much on ur nix due to the lack of magic dmg.
    Like someone said before: nowadays PvP is almost only about "1shot or be 1shot". So better deal some decent dmg urself and don't depend on ur pet in PvP. Which means: don't go HA.

Well, i can only judge by having an eye on Lost City and the (endgame) PvP there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]