Crush vigor in pvp

FloraFang - Harshlands
FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Venomancer
well like the title says is crush vigor of any use? i mean it'd be nice to prevent people from sparking but is the amount of chi lost emough to cause such a thing? Alos another side question that genie skill that switches the targets hp/mp values is that of any use?b:shutup
The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
Post edited by FloraFang - Harshlands on

Comments

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    No idea, never used it.

Tho i can imagine it beeing usefull in TW on barbs, to prevent them to invoke.

As 1vs1 pvp, i dont think its that usefull. I would rather prefer to use another Skills...tho i think it can depend also on your build.

So

AA build no,

HA maybe, but most likely..also no.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Maybe fun skill on a barb who is being hit by a 5.0 class lol. But apart from that , i would either use Amplify purge malefic or Nova/lucky/iron.

even the sage demon version dont make it much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Don't really use it in TW....if I had time probably on the cata barb as a second or third attack to prevent the invoke.

But I do enjoy using it in duels just to **** off my barb friends ROFL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinala - Raging Tide
    Kinala - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    In pvp i use it b4 i attack i have demon so it has a chance to give spark so good chi up for me so i can at least rush into the fight with some chi but other than that i would use amp or sage soul degen b4 crush vigor
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its a judgement call. Before a cata barb reaches a tower, it can be more useful than amp. If there's a lot of people on your side who will be targetting the barb, using it instead of amp will allow the barb to lose chi very fast and prevent him/her from turtling (Invoke the Spirit). This is assume of course that the cata barb is good and can usually tank through your wizard defences through various means (pots, genie, Invoke the Spirit, etc.). Once they've used Invoke, however, just amp.

Outside of TW, I only use demon crush vigor to gain chi before a PvP fight. Occasionally if its a long 1v1, I might use it and try to get the extra spark, but thats very rare. If you aren't demon, however, don't bother using it at all other than the above TW situation.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ^^This

I have sage crush vigor and the only time I use it is as described in Desiree's first paragraph. If you use it on a Barb before they get to their target then you have a chance at limiting their time spent bashing your tower/crystal. Basically, encountering Barb on the move in the lane - purge-sage soul degen-crush vigor-myriad rainbow is what I often do, or sometimes throw rainbow in after purge.