PWI Lacking low lvl players?

stinks
stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Rare now days to find anyone below lvl 20 even 30. I run a shop that buys n sells lvl30 mats ya know (R.Leather, Silk stuff like that) Never once in the 4 years I have played (used to play on PW-MY) have I gone a whole night without buying or selling a thing, well it just happened.
With low lvls power lvling now days nobody is left playing low lvl toons, this mean that a lot of ppl are high lvls now (hey Grats I gess) I know this will make TW's a little more interesting but I see a lot of ppl saying to themselfs, "I got to lvl 100 in 1 month gess I am done the game." To each there own right I stick around but with less and less population means less and less of everything in the game! Less mats, Less partys for (lower lvl)instances, less demand for items, only one thing there will be more of and thats Materials exluding Nivy and Lunar I suppose. Even low lvl TT mats are being effected. I have seen this happen to other MMORPGS I dont want it to happen to PWI.
I gess what I am saying is the game became to easy to fast and this is causing the end to come faster then I hoped.
and this is a b:cry thread.
Post edited by stinks on

Comments

• Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm a slow-leveler type myself, mhich I regretfully find to be a minority nowdays. The fun for me is pve and in the game itself.
    I have already got a new 'low-lvl' toon, even though my main is in her early 80's only, and I'm not interrested in p-lvling her either. Although she may stay frozen at 60 for a while, untill I get my main over 90, which for me would be the semi-retiring and running-up to the real endgame, lvl100.
    My alts use to inherit gear of my higher lvl characters, though, so I won't be influencing the market too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i agree there is a lack in lower levels. i remember the first day EG came out, the areas were FLOODED, for about a week or more. and then, i came back there a few weeks later... it was like a ghost town. lol.

same goes for any other starter areas though (besides player shops anyways). when you do see a blue name running around (er, well for a pk server anyways xD) its most likely an alt. its not as bad as you think though, at least someones out there right?

but back a few years ago when little lower levels were using the areas i thought it was more fun. things were less competetive and friendly. people were always wanting to help out with fbs and such (well, mostly cuz that was one of the only ways for rep xD)

we all miss it but, as much as PWI advertises (which is a bit i would say) its not helping bring in a lot of new players.

i have been trying to get some friends leveled up and such as i am also trying to better my own character. people just keep leveling so fast that there will always be very little low levels in game, thats just how things are running now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Powerleveling.

Learn it. Love it. Abuse it.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Kantaryo - Dreamweaver
    Kantaryo - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Right now the game is very hard for low levels, the game is cateering right now high level players, the items you obtain at low levels offered very few coins, on top of that you cannot collect any plants until you buy a 2000 coins shovel/spade. Then you HP is very low no matter what class you choose in comparison with the mobs you are fighting, I am at level 27 barb my HP is like around 2000 and every single mob around my level is like 7000 HP, it is hard to battle and get quick exp. The lack of equipment or the high price of equipments armor/weapons for the appropriated level is a killer, I went to AH to buy a decent weapon and the prices are astronomical, any thing you want to buy is priced in the 100 of thousands or in the millions. The game right now as it stands is against the new and low level players and unless the devs do soemthing about it not a whole a lot of new players will join, also the lack of help even for members of your own faction willing to help low levels, HELP no handouts, it is lacking, almost every single shout in World chat is faction looking for level 60+ how the hell can you join a faction that will help if everyone is looking for high level players? The devs need to revamp the low levels with easier quests that give more exp or they are going to run out of new players. Right now I am very discouraged, I have money to invest in the game but to what purpose?
  • KennyPowers - Raging Tide
    KennyPowers - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I don't really care about the characters under lvl 40, because most of that stuff is solo anyway. What gets me lately is the lack of lvl 40-60 toons on my server. It's rare that I'm able to get a BH squad together with people my own level.

Most of the time lately, at least for me, BH's are just running through with a really high lvl and maybe one other person your level. Sure it's a lot quicker, but nobody is really playing their character except the lvl 95 guy pulling all the weight.

Also, people don't seem to learn their character very well this way. I was doing BH39 last night and managed to find a cleric a few levels above me. As soon as we added him he was like "I'm a LA cleric"....oh boy here we go.

I noticed in the instance he kept using wellspring so I told him to use IH instead, since it stacks. Well somehow this cleric got to level 5x without realizing that IH is stackable, and therefore had not been leveling it so it was really weak.

We made it through that BH, thanks to the lvl 95 barb and another cleric that joined.

Everyone has to learn how to play their class. Some people pick it up fast, and have a good bit of knowledge about the game, so power leveling isn't a problem.

But some aren't as quick to learn things, so power leveling (or having high lvls do your bh's) isn't doing you any good in the long run.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    @ Kantaryo - Try the account stash weapon. If you're not happy with that, look in AH for 3* axes and I'm sure you'll find something that suits you at a reasonnable cost.

As a last resource ( but not least ) level up your crafting skills and make your own weapons/gear.

I was always proud to wear a full set with my name on it ( then I got lazy and only levelled tailor and Blacksmith b:surrender )
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm a relatively new player, and I have to admit that the low-level areas are deserted O_o;;. Thankfully I joined in with a friend of mine, who has another toon besides the one she plays with me. I'm a slow leveler, but I want to enjoy this as long as I can. Because I'm a fairly hardcore gamer and if I get the chance, once I grasp what I need, I'll definitely level up faster and may try to get in on some high-end action.

As I have someone else to play with, it hasn't been so bad for me. As for gear, I haven't looked into it much TBH. Long story short, one of my best friends used to play this, and he spent HOURS briefing me over the entire game. Waiting until I get to higher levels. (That, and he gave me his old gear XD).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siiobhan - Archosaur
    Siiobhan - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The thing is PWI revolves around Territory Wars. TBH there isn't much else in this game that is worth playing it for, besides the social aspect. Since they waited til the original races already had reached very high levels 9x-10x before introducing the new races, they needed to make it easy for those new races to "catch up" and be able to have a function in TW. I played back before hyper stones and oracles etc. and the game was an endless grind to level, just to grind again to level again. By spending ten dollars on zen one time, you can easily create a character and buy four sets of hyper stones and be level 6x-7x in a couple days. Truth is, the majority of people playing today want to participate in TW or endgame instances and have no interest in the low level grindfest. If you are looking for a game where you can slowly level with friends, this is probably NOT the game for you. If you want to quickly level and enjoy the PvP aspect and TW aspects of this game, then this IS the game for you.
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    I'm not a PVP person, so I highly doubt I'll TW. I have money to spare, yes, but I have a hard time spending it on online games. I've put some money indeed already, but I don't feel ready to jump in the high-end action as a player.

So I'm taking my time. I'm playing semi-casual for now. And so far, I'm having fun like that. I don't mind that much not being 100 and not making tons of money. I wouldn't feel comfortable being 100 and not even able to play my character well (I've had exp with powerleveling in other MMOs, never does well when you start playing a game).

If I was playing alone, perhaps I'd have taken this route to meet other high-end players right away. But I'm not. I have another friend on here, I got to meet other semi-casual players, people with alts in my faction... I don't mind it.

For now. Because I know myself, when I hit higher levels, and as I meet more and more high-end players, I'll want in on what the big guys are getting.

And then we'll see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its not that PWI is lacking low lvl players, lots of new alts are made every day.

What PWI is lacking, is new low lvl players (not alts).

But either way, I like pizza so... I picked that option b:embarrass

Edit: Go and tell everyone you know, to tell everyone they know, to come and join PWI (and to repeat it to everyone they know). Then you will get rich with your shop XD
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    finding BH squads at lower lvls are annoying now thanks to all the speed lvling b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    So far I've done 3 FB29s. Never more than 4 in the instance O_o. My friend had told me they were popular and wouldn't have any problems finding squads... but this was before the FC powerleveling DX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wirindre2
    wirindre2 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As a newbe to this game, (yes no alt) I have to agree to the PvE server (I've yet to find out which I clicked) I joined I have not seen many players, maybe 2 or 3 so far. And i'm level 6 (by just doing quests). I've encountered 1 player that was doing the same quest aswell.
    edited May 2011
    just means more high lvls that dont know how to properly use there character b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    I'm new and already have alts XD;;... but I love creating characters.

I met people while I was on my seeker around Tellus, and of course, Archo questing areas were *crowded* (I was warned about that XD).

Then it just died.

Both my BM and my seeker are at 32, and I don't meet people out for quests often. DX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moonveno
    moonveno Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    not sure if we r lackin of new player or no but only way to chainge it and make diference is to restrict entrance to FF for only those above 80+
    edited May 2011
    moonveno wrote: »
    not sure if we r lackin of new player or no but only way to chainge it and make diference is to restrict entrance to FF for only those above 80+

i dont think you need to restrict it to 80+ since you get your first quest for in there around 75 (cant remember exactly when you get the first quest, just know its around that lvl)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    moonveno wrote: »

Yeah, small problem with that...

1) You get a quest at 75, like someone said above me, to go into FC.

2) Even if you can't enter fc until 80+, those with lots of money and a brain (in other words, those with high level mains) will find ways around it. Oracles are still here. So it'd be no difference really.

This is my 4th character that I've leveled at least to mid level. I have 2 100+ chars, and I have a few lowbies that I might touch once I get the two mid-level chars to 100. I went into the Etherblade area on a new BM and it was literally a ghost town. Even when I got to the city, it was quiet, barring a few mid-levels just poking around and I guess recruiting for factions. I remember when I made my wizard, it was a helluva lot more activity than this. Same with the Tideborn area; when I made my psychic, it was freaking chaotic. I made my sin a few months later, dead. Raging Tides is only active because of the high levels going in and out of Nirvana.

If you see a new character, 95% of the time it is an alt. PWE does a lot of advertising on Facebook, you'd think that that'd bring in new new characters. But nope, not really.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Answer: New low level players, as for older players, like myself have alts upon alts many levels ^__^ . I am just lazy with almost all of them... Then again not much time online for now because of business. ANYWAY, those same low level alts, well most, are doing nirvanas if I am not mistaken. Forgive me, I have been off for a while. :/

And I don't need to make a new toon, I have way too many alts that I cannot even keep track of them.... I have made above 40 chars, haven't played most of them. Including this alt xD.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lainnie - Raging Tide
    Lainnie - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2011

This is my 4th character that I've leveled at least to mid level. I have 2 100+ chars, and I have a few lowbies that I might touch once I get the two mid-level chars to 100. I went into the Etherblade area on a new BM and it was literally a ghost town. Even when I got to the city, it was quiet, barring a few mid-levels just poking around and I guess recruiting for factions. I remember when I made my wizard, it was a helluva lot more activity than this. Same with the Tideborn area; when I made my psychic, it was freaking chaotic. I made my sin a few months later, dead. Raging Tides is only active because of the high levels going in and out of Nirvana.

I remember when i made my Assassin way back a year ago in the tideborn area and shes 99 atm, been exploring the game while i was questing the whole time on her, dieing a lot, killing this and that lol, starter areas and main cities used to be flooded with new people and alts, now its nothing there in the main cities except Nirvana squads in the tideborn city and FC area filled with people b:surrender
  • rtsprite
    rtsprite Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    New player here. And ROFL, I already made 4 characters to go back and forth between already. :D

There is something real wonderful about experiencing a new world for the very first time. And I am going to take lots of time enjoying it, avoiding anything that will bring my characters up too fast. Game is pleasant to play too, very bright and fanciful.

My impressions when in the first area? About half the characters strike me as being alts of high levels. They go around killing fast and leaving loot all over the landscape. No problem there, I just watch untilI see them run far enough off to another group, and then I pick up their leftovers. But they obviously have no money issues, so must be alts, eh?

I will likely only be grouping with my hubby. We don't like intense instances or PuGs in MMOs, so instead do the quests that are doable for small groups. Casual players we are. :)
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Right now the game is very hard for low levels, the game is cateering right now high level players,

you, sir, have no slightest clue whereof you speak.

(i've been playing for only a year, and i've already seen several new things aimed at simplifying levelling for low-level players. it's safe to say that getting a starter char levelled up has never been this easy before, and probably will never be this hard again.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    been playing a little while almost a year i think. 1st toon was veno...when i started dat toon was usually easy 2 find a bh squad at lv....about a year ago

i have a few alts an i enjoy questing an learning the class, but lately its very difficult to find a bh39 or bh51 squad, so yeah it does seem like they're alot fewer "low lvs' then there used 2 b

not much of a problem now that multi clienting is allowed....but i would enjoy being able 2 do my alts bh's at lv an learn how 2 do an instance on that toon an play the toon properly... instead of jus solo'n them on my main

an as for the alt fc an instance restriction ..... <.< ..... i may b wrong but i beleive the thought of restricting it to 80+ was a suggestion... yes u get a quest for fc instance in the mid 70's ...but =OOO it could always b restriced to 70+ or wat ever lv you get your 1st fc quest ... just a suggestion
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their lv and beat you with experience." b:surrender b:laugh
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i really wish the "close FC" suggestion would just die>_> seriously. do you people even think before suggesting that? if they cap off FC nothing will change, players will just find another place to pwer level because hypers make regular grinding power leveling. only thing that idea would do, is bring back the old zhen power leveling method, only players will have hypers that could give them 12x exp rather than just training scrolls that only give them 2x. look at the mobs in the PQ area with hypers they give massive exp and i've seen people zhen there taking ALL the mobs so people who are trying to do the PQ would take longer. so stop fooling yourselves. closing FC will not stop power leveling. FC is not a cause of power leveling simple as that.

me personally. i'm starting to suspect that PWE wants to bring out high level content. so they may be putting out all these ways to level fast to have tons of players who can make use of the content they have planned. since player in the rest of the world don't play as hard core as asians(not sure if it's true but i hear they play mmos more than others) they bring out easier leveling to get the high level count up to bring more higher level content. but hey i'm most likely wrong lol that doesn't sound like something PWE would do lol.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Right now the game is very hard for low levels, the game is cateering right now high level players, the items you obtain at low levels offered very few coins, on top of that you cannot collect any plants until you buy a 2000 coins shovel/spade. Then you HP is very low no matter what class you choose in comparison with the mobs you are fighting, I am at level 27 barb my HP is like around 2000 and every single mob around my level is like 7000 HP, it is hard to battle and get quick exp. The lack of equipment or the high price of equipments armor/weapons for the appropriated level is a killer, I went to AH to buy a decent weapon and the prices are astronomical, any thing you want to buy is priced in the 100 of thousands or in the millions. The game right now as it stands is against the new and low level players and unless the devs do soemthing about it not a whole a lot of new players will join, also the lack of help even for members of your own faction willing to help low levels, HELP no handouts, it is lacking, almost every single shout in World chat is faction looking for level 60+ how the hell can you join a faction that will help if everyone is looking for high level players? The devs need to revamp the low levels with easier quests that give more exp or they are going to run out of new players. Right now I am very discouraged, I have money to invest in the game but to what purpose?
    theres no way u CANT play the game properly when all u have to do is do quests and remember to pick up every damn thing that drops. lv1-60? npc gear all the way. pple who started in 2008 never had the account babysitter stash nor did they even know HOW the AH worked...so the AH was always empty. If at all it should be easier now because you dont have questing compitition. Imagine 10 other pple constantly questing around u on the same mobs....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    theres no way u CANT play the game properly when all u have to do is do quests and remember to pick up every damn thing that drops. lv1-60? npc gear all the way. pple who started in 2008 never had the account babysitter stash nor did they even know HOW the AH worked...so the AH was always empty. If at all it should be easier now because you dont have questing compitition. Imagine 10 other pple constantly questing around u on the same mobs....

Uh, what?

There was stuff in AH in late 2008.

And going all NPC gear until 60... Uh... No thank you. I did that. Dieing isn't fun, I'd rather not repeat the frustration that that brought along for my then-main. MAYBE you can wear NPC gear from 1-25, but... If you are going to actually quest, invest early in good gear. It saves on a lot of frustration.

>_> Bah. Why do I bother... Nobody listens to me anyway.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • hines86ward
    hines86ward Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I just play this game as a diversion, and unlike many people I'm really not trying to impress anyone. I play very casually and level at my own pace. I've found there's fun to be had at all levels in the game (highest chars are lv. 68 and lv. 77), it just needs to be approached from the right perspective. It's just a game, it isn't going to last forever, and in the long run all that really matters is that you enjoy yourself playing it. Of course, I strive to make my character as tough as he can be, but I try to keep my standard a personal one as opposed to all the folks I see who seem to try one-upping everyone else. That's just unhealthy. News flash: There is absolutely NOTHING in this game that's worth showing off.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    sorry if some of this has been said, but i didnt read the whole thread....

I've been playing a while now and have most chars at variou levels. One thing I put in the suggetion box a while back was making the good, low level gear, more readily available. For low levels having cheap access to all the mold armour and weapons below say 60 would keep those people interested. I know, I'd like to get mold gear and play around with it on my alts.

It would also look cool, seeing all these lower levels in some fancy gears.

Too me it is concerning when I regularly see 4x and 5x advertising WTB FC heads. I think that is just ridculous, basically those people with helpful 10x friends can get into their 90's without having to kill anything.

having said that, of course, the counter argument is that so many of the quests are so monotonous that, does it really matter if you dont play them, and pwr level past them.

I am guilty of this myself. I use my 84 herc to do bh29's for 3 alts, and bh39 for 2 alts, so theres 5 chars getting levelled without killing a mob. I will run 51's and 59's for them when the time comes.

Back to the OP's thread, Im in HL and my shop still sells DQ21 and 31 fairly well, so someone buying them.
  • BeingSpencer - Raging Tide
    BeingSpencer - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    rtsprite wrote: »
    We don't like intense instances or PuGs in MMOs, so instead do the quests that are doable for small groups. Casual players we are. :)

I sense a possible WoW player here x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Unchallenged, Cool Story Bro.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I like long, challenging instances, with lots of bosses, mobs, and chances of failure.

However, I hate fail players, people who think they know what they're doing but really don't, and a community that lives in a box (canned builds).

PWI could use work on both, really.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level