Thoughts on toon/rl gender, what's your oppinion?

Options

Comments

• Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im more fascinated by the character creation then the "assets". i found female toons to be more fickle. i mean my bm is a guy and it rly didnt take much to make him lol but Lu$t took hours on hours to finally complete. but to answer the question, as long as youre honest (guys shouldnt lie for certain "perks"), then play whatever you wanna play. i frown upon guys lying as females though. its deceitful and underhanded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    When picking a character you have to decide whether you like to look at a guy's butt or a girl's. For some this is a difficult choice but it didn't take me much time at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^^ oldest exscuse in MMO history..

"I don't want to look at a guys butt"

Really? you look at a 3D character's butt?

I still think there is some hidden inner deal to it, Perhaps in real life they would try on the wife's panties, but use MMOs as a release....I think this even more so when they have more fashion in their bank then some RL womens I know b:laugh
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't know if you noticed this, but male 'sins are hated more than female ones. Nobody gets pissed as much when PK'ed by a 5aps female 'sin. Males on the other hand...are called OP, fried fish, cheaters, smelly, stealth addicts and so on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a guy irl. I alternate between m/f toons.

Cleric = f
    barb/veno = duh
    sin = m
    psych = f
    archer = m
    BM on this account = f
    BM on alt account = m

I don't think it matters what gender the toon is because as we all know,
    EVERY ONE ON THE INTERNET IS A MIDDLE AGED MAN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I am a guy IRL.

And I once had a female cleric. It felt very weird, because everyone wanted to help me kill mobs and stuff. And I always got talked to by random guys asking for dates and stuff. So I deleted her and my only female char I have now is my Veno.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a girl and i play girl chars :>
    but I have a little too much fun creating them and dressing them up like strippers

who wears short shorts I WEAR SHORT SHORTS
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I am a guy IRL.

And I once had a female cleric. It felt very weird, because everyone wanted to help me kill mobs and stuff. And I always got talked to by random guys asking for dates and stuff. So I deleted her and my only female char I have now is my Veno.

IF you want bewbs again, call people bro a lot, they tend to get that your a dude without any fuss b:chuckle

Or theyl think you are an *******, either or.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I am a guy IRL.

Just name your pretty female cleric "Sgt.Longdong". That will fix your problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a guy irl. I alternate between m/f toons.

Cleric = f
    barb/veno = duh
    sin = m
    psych = f
    archer = m
    BM on this account = f
    BM on alt account = m

I don't think it matters what gender the toon is because as we all know,
    EVERY ONE ON THE INTERNET IS A MIDDLE AGED MAN.

Or an FBI agent... Right? b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Or an FBI agent... Right? b:chuckle

Or Chris Hansen...b:embarrass

"Why don't you have a seat ...? Have a seat right here."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foluna - Lost City
    Foluna - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you're a girl playing a male char, thats ok.
    If you're a boy playing a female char, something's really wrong with you. Stop downloading Justin Bieber's music.

Just kidding, I actually agree with hydrolace XD

OMMGGG...but you just killed my Idol <3 J/k!! b:chuckle

But for real. I guess I am also one of those people that just assumes they are female. I never really got the whole "Im a guy so I gotta look at pixel chick boobies" it doesn't bother my gameplay otherwise I just dont get the appeal. Then again I dont want to play a beefy muscluar dude. I do get females playing a barb though.....

Infact...I think I'm going to make a *** panda right now <3

Can I dye his fur pink you think?
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a guy in real life,I have played a veno then suddenly a barb started flirting,after that a sin
    and was wtf.."Delete".People should stick to characters related to real life.
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Can I dye his fur pink you think?

Would be awesome but sadly, no... barb customizations are severely limited.
    I'm a guy in real life,I have played a veno then suddenly a barb started flirting,after that a sin

When I started there were only the 3 original races, I asked the friend that turned me on to the game to give me a rundown on the classes and picked veno b/c of the pet aspect, being similar to my previous MMO...

Then again I've played chics since Street Fighter II. Actually since AD&D o.O It's just a lot cooler to get your *** kicked by a chic imo. Maybe I'm messed up in the head. To each his/her own. b:cute
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Playing the opposite gender is fine. Pretending to be the opposite gender... Well there's something wrong if you're doing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Does this mean we all have to be human blade masters now :(
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Does this mean we all have to be human blade masters now :(

Or wizards b:chuckle
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Being female, I play both female and male characters, although my more-mainy characters tend to be female, and more-alty ones male.
    Before making a character I usually have an image of it quite clear already in my mind. There are also some classes that I prefer male or female. Generaly I prefer male magicians and female fighters, but there are exceptions, like with EGs.

Right now it's:
    main of the mains - veno - female(duh)
    almost-main - mystic - female
    frozen alt 1 - cleric - male
    frozen alt 2 - psychic - male
    upcoming 1 - sin - female
    upcoming 2 - barb - male(duh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't have any toons, I have characters though.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    YingFei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm fem irl, my main is a male psy tho. Married to a fem char played by guy irl. Don't see anything wrong with that. Also, I like the fact that nobody tries to flirt with my char - even though he's a nice-looking stylish thingy. All my chars are males actually. Had a veno alt but stopped playing her - tail was hypnotizing tho...~
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this is my first online game that i played as a girl chara xD
    <girl irl
    i liked playing guys cause like... you get to see how guys act when they think no girls are around and if they think your a guy... their attitude is diff sometimes lol

i just find looking at those things interesting :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ahh, see there, some open-minded types. My faith in the community has been restored. b:thanks
  • KillinEye - Sanctuary
    KillinEye - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't mind whatever gender irl/ingame somebody is.

But if somebody's playing a different gender than his/her real gender, then they shouldn't whine about me calling them
    --> "her" when his char is female, or
    --> "him" when her char is male.

If you choose to be female ingame, then accept you will be addressed by me as a female, even if you are a guy. And vice-versa.
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Male IRL and in game...with the exception of veno alts.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I play a female character and am female. All my alts are female too b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZelEevee - Heavens Tear
    ZelEevee - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have to post because this topic kind of bugs me. Yeah, guys will be guys and play females for their otherwise perv reasons, but it does cause grief for real females. As a veno, I have always been perceived as a guy, and because of which, treated lousy at times. Meanwhile, my male seeker was not only hit on before level 20, but seems to attract nicer people already. (True, though, he does look cute in his banquet fash.) b:cute

But, still, kinda annoying. b:angry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a girl and I usually play female characters because I just enjoy it more. More fashion to choose from, more customization options. However, I enjoy playing with a male character once in a while. My Mystic is a male and the Barbarian I used to play on is a male (obviously).

It doesn't matter to me what character people play and how they customised them. Though I don't like unproportional characters. I care for the person behind the character.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    My very first character was a veno. I don't have much of an excuse for all the other ones XD.

I'm a guy in real life, almost all of my characters are female. I can't seem to level male alts out of their 20s X3.

I don't try to pass myself off as female... But like I said, most of my characters are and I use :3 faces alot.

I call people he or she based on what their character looks like, sounds fair, right? XD

(female fashion is awesome. People who are female IRL getting hit on while playing males is pretty funny too :3)
  • /Root/ - Lost City
    /Root/ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It doesn't really matter to me what gender character I play, the reason it more often turns out to be a female is because I enjoy making characters as beautiful as I can, and since I am a straight guy, I prefer a girl's look over a guy's. Call it perverted if you like, but I think it would be stranger if I liked males better, while being straight.

Though I do think it's wrong to lie about what gender you are irl. If you are a guy playing a girl char, and act as if you are a girl irl, I think there is something wrong. It doesn't matter to me if someone calls me she/her when I'm playing a female char, but I do politely tell them that I'm a guy.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this is my first online game that i played as a girl chara xD
    <girl irl
    i liked playing guys cause like... you get to see how guys act when they think no girls are around and if they think your a guy... their attitude is diff sometimes lol

i just find looking at those things interesting :3
    Oh yes, this b:chuckle funny, isn't it?

You're in the hidden camera, boys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...