Thoughts on toon/rl gender, what's your oppinion?

Options

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Female Archers in combat stance.... They are simply asking to be ****ed royally.

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

That's exactly why I like them b:dirty
  • Troller - Sanctuary
    Troller - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hydrolace wrote: »
    I know you're trolling but I'd just like to say that after playing every female char possible

female archer > all

Actually, that wasn't a troll post. I actually do like the looks of male archers better than females, especially with the long hair. Though I would be trolling if I said Lion Barbs are the most beautiful race or male Tideborns have the best back support in perfect world though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Despite the name, only a part time troll. b:victory
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    There is no denying that the utter and complete badass sexiness of female archers is completely OP.

Female archers > All. Period.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I am not against people playing as characters of the other's gender. I guess it is a component of MMOs.

That said, the point that bugs me to no end is guys creating girl characters to get stuff from other guys, with elaborate charming schemes. It may be sly and all, but it's much pathetic in my opinion.
    I don't bother with in-game/forum relationships anyway. If some found real happiness experience (true love) from the game, I am glad for them. If it's just about lovey-dovey roleplaying/flirting, I don't mind too much either, but again, things can turn for the strangest (this may interest you for further reading: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1070561).

So yeah, I am glad to be a loner and I am no lunatic. Thank you. b:laugh
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I am not against people playing as characters of the other's gender. I guess it is a component of MMOs.

That said, the point that bugs me to no end is guys creating girl characters to get stuff from other guys, with elaborate charming schemes. It may be sly and all, but it's much pathetic in my opinion.
    I don't bother with in-game/forum relationships anyway. If some found real happiness experience (true love) from the game, I am glad for them. If it's just about lovey-dovey roleplaying/flirting, I don't mind too much either, but again, things can turn for the strangest (this may interest you for further reading: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1070561).

So yeah, I am glad to be a loner and I am no lunatic. Thank you. b:laugh

Oh boy, I need to cut some ties with some people or thatl be me.

/runs to dellete half of FL
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oh boy, I need to cut some ties with some people or thatl be me.

/runs to dellete half of FL

No, no, when I say 'lunatic' it means that I am not a crazy guy in real life.

It's up to you on how you live the game. I just have it my way (silly burger slogan reference, I know). And then, if you find me too strange, your loss. Just kidding. b:laugh

It's important to appreciate diversity and keep an open mind. If you are too serious, you can't enjoy life. but then again, if you are too carefree, problems will stack up and hit you at the worst moments.
    -Wait, why am I giving a lecture on life? I shouldn't-
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree with OP.

I'm a guy, I'm straight, and all 11 toons (except for my barb ofc) are female.

I've been playing female toons since Street Fighter II, Chun Li ftw.

My first char was veno and I made that choice based on the pet aspect though.

Female archers b:dirty
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No, no, when I say 'lunatic' it means that I am not a crazy guy in real life.

It's up to you on how you live the game. I just have it my way (silly burger slogan reference, I know). And then, if you find me too strange, your loss. Just kidding. b:laugh

It's important to appreciate diversity and keep an open mind. If you are too serious, you can't enjoy life. but then again, if you are too carefree, problems will stack up and hit you at the worst moments.
    -Wait, why am I giving a lecture on life? I shouldn't-

b:chuckle dw lol.

I play my characters as different people. Infernia is such a mischief maker :D
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree with OP.

I'm a guy, I'm straight, and all 11 toons (except for my barb ofc) are female.

I've been playing female toons since Street Fighter II, Chun Li ftw.

My first char was veno and I made that choice based on the pet aspect though.

Female archers b:dirty

Don't forget that Chun Li kicks butt and got much success and recognition because of that alone.
    -Heh, as I am typing this, I am listening to Zangief's theme from Street Fighter IV. Talk about a coincidence-
    b:chuckle dw lol.

I play my characters as different people. Infernia is such a mischief maker :D

If you have fun and don't mess with people's minds too much... It's enjoyable an activity indeed. b:sin
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    >.> Half my chara's are girls half are guys... I prefer the female ones because I'm a fashion ****. O.o I own way to much fash... and most of it isn't even revealing :p
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Okon - Lost City
    Okon - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    >.> Half my chara's are girls half are guys... I prefer the female ones because I'm a fashion ****. O.o I own way to much fash... and most of it isn't even revealing :p

Lies i've seen you in that stripper outfit ;)
  • LappDance - Sanctuary
    LappDance - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a guy, but most of my toons are female. But then, looking at my toons' names, it's fairly obvious I'm not trying to trick anyone into thinking I'm anything but a dude.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a guy, but most of my toons are female. But then, looking at my toons' names, it's fairly obvious I'm not trying to trick anyone into thinking I'm anything but a dude.

b:mischievous Hey, how much for a lap... oh ****! b:shocked
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    While I do have a character that is male, I rarely play him and I go back to my female ones.

The fashion is better.

I am a girl btw. I don't care what anyone else does as long as they're not being deceptive about it.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lmao Okon... You loved the black skirt, heels, and Pirate top on my veno.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Okon - Lost City
    Okon - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lmao Okon... You loved the black skirt, heels, and Pirate top on my veno.

You know it. b:cuteb:dirtyb:chuckle
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a girl irl and I always play female chars in MMOs. I have many guy friends who play female characters and it's kinda annoying because one of them wanted to marry me (ingame ofc) and I said 'I would say yes, but your BM is a girl...' He was like 'Oh ****, I forgot...' =_=;
  • Lainnie - Raging Tide
    Lainnie - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

LOL i am the same way even though i tell the truth i am a guy as well, in other MMOs i usually play as a male normally.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Most girls don't like to play male characters. It's because they don't think about $ex all the time. Guys only play females because they like to fap when they see pixel ****. Ew. x.x
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ugysekell wrote: »
    Most girls don't like to play male characters. It's because they don't think about $ex all the time. Guys only play females because they like to fap when they see pixel ****. Ew. x.x

Nuh uh uhhh!

I play other games to fap to. Here I simply enjoy the view as I drop crits on things from 28 metres away b:cute

/perv
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nuh uh uhhh!

I play other games to fap to. Here I simply enjoy the view as I drop crits on things from 28 metres away b:cute

/perv

Too much info?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Too much info?

If you want too much info... I could show you some screenshots I have :o
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Too much info?

But is any of it true?

It might be too much info, or it might be a fabrication to creep you out.

Make a decision b:sin
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you want too much info... I could show you some screenshots I have :o

Tempting, but I guess I will pass on your offer.
    But is any of it true?

It might be too much info, or it might be a fabrication to creep you out.

Make a decision b:sin

Hmmm, maybe you should make it less like you are indecisive in telling the truth rather than acting mysterious and enticing. b:victory
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ugysekell wrote: »

Well some guys do, true enough. And some girls do think about $ex all the time.

Personally, I don't want to stare at beefcake in the middle of my screen all the time. Then again, some guys like that. Who am I to judge. To each his/her own, we all make the world a more interesting place!

Sorry, feeling curiously optimistic.

Oh, also meant to say in my earlier post that if asked, I never deny that I'm a guy. Not trying to be deceptive, nope.

BTW where'd all the Denizens go b:chuckle
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Tempting, but I guess I will pass on your offer.

Hmmm, maybe you should make it less like you are indecisive in telling the truth rather than acting mysterious and enticing. b:victory

Touche! b:chuckle
  • ChloeAgave - Archosaur
    ChloeAgave - Archosaur Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So i was checking out the forums and ran across a thread about scams that somehow degenerated into a qq about ppl being pervy and i started thinking about it. All my toons except (obvoisly) my barb are female. My logic is: as a guy, if I'm going to stare at a CG cartoon character for hours on end, said 'toon should prolly have a nice rack. (typical guy thinking i know) I don't mind if ppl call me "she" or "her" in-game, cause unless i'm on my barb i AM a girl in game, and i usualy don't bother telling ppl unless they ask ('cause that's all i'd EVER do if i did), and if they ask I tell them the truth. So for my own personal curiosity, I was wondering how the community at large thinks on this and what influenced your choice?

b:question

Completely agree with you there.

On topic, I am a guy and as you can tell, I say who cares what gender your character is? After playing GunZ (FPS) where learning something called "K-style" in it was easier on female characters due to the animations, I have really not cared one way or another on what gender I play. However, my logic is somewhat different. I feel that if I am going to play a character, I would rather it be more aesthetically pleasing, and not just "hey, these pixels be hot, yo." The female Cleric animations, though they are the same as the male, seem more visually appealing because the female doesn't look like a little...off doing it. Just the same, male Wizard is more appealing.

Personally, it is all about what looks good to me in total. However, that wasn't the logic behind this Seeker. I just am a big Claymore (get it?) fan. However, had I known that Staggering Strike was going to always make me think of my Seeker saying "getsuga tensho," I would have gone with a male one.

Honestly, I don't think it matters. If you are comfortable with your own sexuality, I don't see why it would be a problem (unless you purposely make people think you are a gender you really are not).
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I prefer the whole thing about females in this game compared to males...the stances, the skills animations, the fash, etc. I DO NOT make chars that would be obviously made by a guy, mine are actually pretty :3...IDK maybe because I'm bi /smiles
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a male, and I think most of my characters are female, by a slim margin. The ones I've played seriously are male though, and I don't lie about my gender in any case. I think the alts are female mainly due to my fascination with the boob slider.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think the alts are female mainly due to my fascination with the boob slider.

From left to right its like the char goes from childhood, to puverty, to adulthood, and then to finally getting enough spare money for the surgery.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]