Just getting back into the game and....

Options
BladedZero - Sanctuary
BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Blademaster
So yeah, came back to the game a week ago cause my friend said the grind is so much easier. So I checked it out and tried hypers and FCC for the first time ever and I was like "oh em eff gee why my exp bar break?". So through much trial and error I jumped 80-89 this week and was happy as can be. However then I realized I'm still wearing TT70 armor and using calamities. So how do I grind the cash to buy TT90s? I would go through TT but everyone seems so busy grinding and doing their own thing to help.
Post edited by BladedZero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You can AoE grind chief sins in nightscream or spiders at wall.

Oh yeah, your friend is lying, grinding is not that much easier. I make money by my cash shop while i go to sleep and school. Your friend might have meant that it would be easier to "grind TT". Get fists and -interval, go demon, and farm solo TT. Barely anyone actually solo grinds on mobs.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Phys spiders south of 1k are niceish, or just get a herb route in hell
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think what your friend meant by 'the grind being easier' is that you don't have to grind to level. That's completely true, but you will be broke unless you come up with some other means of making coin.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Phys spiders south of 1k are niceish, or just get a herb route in hell

How much coin does a normal person rack up per hour running a herb route in hell? (assuming there's no competition)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How much coin does a normal person rack up per hour running a herb route in hell? (assuming there's no competition)

back in the day i could get up to 800k average profit with no competition at all, for others i saw/talked too was 250-400k an hour with competition (was about the same for me) its all about finding a really good route and then timeing it so that nobody else can touch your sweet sweet devilwood. Get a fast mount and a stopwatch. You may also want to consider investing in a merchant cat alt with your coin rather than sinking it directly into gear

on that note heres a cheaper than hell 90 build for a all path bm http://pwcalc.com/2b06d44927cedf2f

Reasons why i did what i did, tt 90 chest is overpriced, massivly overpriced. FCC green actually has better def stats. The hat is on AH in our server right now for 1.5 mill go get it. wrists are cheap and make up for the m def lost by swapping to SDP plus they're useable on every mele class in game rather than just bm/barb so they're better bang for your buck so to speak. Fists are like 10-13 mill on AH and are easy to resell just keep an eye out. refines are all +3 thats takes a few mirages...pretty easy to get 20-30 is my average for a +3 and thats if you cant find it pre refined. You have 272 str to use tt 90 green axes you can bump it up too 287 for oht zerks or down to armor requisite and just roll with highly refined calams for more hp.

Assumeing you sell your tt 70/leg gears when you change over it would take about a week and 1/2 to farm (mostly for the fists and axes/refines on calams)

A final note. Vana is crappy coin dont rush for it, if somone claims its godly coin in anything but a 5 aps squad they cant do math. Just save your keys for 99 key runs
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Personally, I'd take a break from the hypering to lvl and learn how to get coin in game. Either merchanting or working via Auction House. If you don't have the coin to support your character then there's really no point in continuing to hyper.

Kinda personally annoying to be running in a BH100 squad and see a BM pull out TT80 axes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Personally, I'd take a break from the hypering to lvl and learn how to get coin in game. Either merchanting or working via Auction House. If you don't have the coin to support your character then there's really no point in continuing to hyper.

Kinda personally annoying to be running in a BH100 squad and see a BM pull out TT80 axes.

...did you even read the damn OP?
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ...did you even read the damn OP?

Yes I did and given the costs of gear...they did say they wanted to get TT90. Let's see on at least two servers that I know of....Giant Beast Armor which you need 5 of is over 1 mil each in coins. Not counting the indivdual costs of the rest of the mats if you're just looking at the chest, legs, boots, and wrists (btw green or gold TT90?). If TT90 gold wrist and they'll need the TT70 and 80 wrists.

Grinding will hardly cover the cost of those mats for the TT90, given the hours spent trying to earn coin via grinding plus repair bills. It would be much more useful of their time, energy, and resources to learn to use the Auction House or merchanting (whether that's done by farming herbs [inexpensive on repairs as well] and selling, or buying mispriced items [either via cat shops or Auction House] and reselling via their own cat shop and/or Auction House). As some else had said....herb farming and selling I didn't see the point of repeating it. However, I made the comment about the BH100 squad cause some people don't bother to stop hypering their way to 100 and take the time to get the coins for their gear/shards etc. They then can't do their job in a squad as well thus making people not want to squad with them in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes I did and given the costs of gear...they did say they wanted to get TT90. Let's see on at least two servers that I know of....Giant Beast Armor which you need 5 of is over 1 mil each in coins. Not counting the indivdual costs of the rest of the mats if you're just looking at the chest, legs, boots, and wrists (btw green or gold TT90?). If TT90 gold wrist and they'll need the TT70 and 80 wrists.

Grinding will hardly cover the cost of those mats for the TT90, given the hours spent trying to earn coin via grinding plus repair bills. It would be much more useful of their time, energy, and resources to learn to use the Auction House or merchanting (whether that's done by farming herbs [inexpensive on repairs as well] and selling, or buying mispriced items [either via cat shops or Auction House] and reselling via their own cat shop and/or Auction House). As some else had said....herb farming and selling I didn't see the point of repeating it. However, I made the comment about the BH100 squad cause some people don't bother to stop hypering their way to 100 and take the time to get the coins for their gear/shards etc. They then can't do their job in a squad as well thus making people not want to squad with them in the future.

...they quit before FCC was added, this means before tt changes....you know when GBA's were 300k a pop? Hey heres an idea, come up wit ha coin makeign idea that hasent been said already 10x in the thread? Or get a list of gear and price changes?

merchantign takes coin to make coin, and unless they can magicly pull it from their craphole that requires basic grinding/farming.

I'll tear the hell out of anyone who askes a dumb question (yes your preschool teacher did lie to you about those) however ignorance is fine thats kinda what the forum is for. Ignorance = honest lack of knowledge, Stupidity = not reading full posts and spouting off your mouth. Or suggesting somone still wearing tt 70 gear at 90 merchant for their coin.

Again assumeign ignorance from somone who quit when gold was still 200-400k and a herced veno was godly for farming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    As I said considering herbing was already mentioned that's a good way to get base coin. As not all good pots require you to farm heaven or hell for the herbs, it can be done easily with current armor per OP on the regular map. They can then take part of the money from the herb merchanting and while they're building their "merchanting base funds" start looking at Auction House and Cat Shops to get an idea of what current prices are. Then they can start pulling some of their merchanting coins to purchase low priced (or items mispriced - by people leaving off zeros - ie 500k item for 50k) and turning around and resell it at the correct price...in the case of my example would be a 450k profit.

I think it would be a starting point to start checking cat shops and auction house to see how much prices have changed in the time that you've been out of game. Also no one had mentioned Auction House to make money.

My apologies to the OP as my original post, was supposed to support the already mentioned ways of making coin. As well as make the suggestion that if you hadn't thought about stopping or slowing hypering while you worked on your gear that you might want to. On most servers there's a large amount of complaints about hyper "noobs," and I didn't wish to see someone that was returning to the game get caught in that mess.

Hopefully that's a bit more "how to" helpful vs "I make money from my cash shop while I'm sleeping or at school."

Apparently, that's not good enough for some people here. Won't post in this thread again. Some people on BM threads are set in their ways....as we all know from the various posts....(start sarcasm) demon bm is the only option. (end sarcasm)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Apparently, that's not good enough for some people here. Won't post in this thread again. Some people on BM threads are set in their ways....as we all know from the various posts....(start sarcasm) demon bm is the only option. (end sarcasm)

lol, go dig that thread up and prove the entire math based bm comunity wrong, no really we will not bias the post (Ok i will not) just use big person logic instead of "well it feels better". Seriously heres 200 mirages and a shism mold.

That said the "certain bm" is only a ***** to people who are openly wrong and try to continue argueing it. Simply because unlike the nannies of this forum (heres to you kaste and saku you is good peoples) he see's no point in sugar coating the truth. Also can we stop useing 3rd person now? Seriously i'm pretty open about these things. its kinda why your butthurt to begin with.

Also i'm not entirely shure your suggesting the OP merchant herbs? If you are its a godawefull plan, theres at least 5-6 open merch shops running at once by the west apothacary the markets so locked thats its near impossible to break into it. If not meh, warning was still nessecary.

That aside nice postfix, decent advice and would be 2 thumbs up if it was your first post. Dont stop posting if you really feel you have something to contribute in a thread.