Assassins?

Options
Blueday - Archosaur
Blueday - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hyb:byei've got some questions about assassins:

Why can assassins solo last dungeons and psychics cant?

what is that red glow that a lot of assassins have around the knives?

why people say that if you put points in vit, you'll regret later?

Does blood paint realy helps? the amount of hp you recover with the skill maxed will realy help you?

Thank you very much!b:victoryb:bye
Post edited by Blueday - Archosaur on

Comments

• Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Assassins are wicked fast damage dealers. That's the answer to pretty much all of your questions. They hit hard and fast, have some good disable abilities, and never run out of chi to spam those abilities with. That's why they can solo a lot of things no one else can (not just psychics). That's also why they tend to go pure dex build. More dex = more damage. A Sin's strength is their damage so that's what you want to max. That's also why bloodpaint is useful (for any melee class, not just assassins!)... the more damage you do, the more it heals you.

I can't quite remember because my Sin doesn't use them anymore, but I believe the red glowing daggers are a low level quest reward. May be wrong about that, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Assassins can solo more easily than any of the other classes can due to bloodpaint and having amazing DD. (they out damage a bm at the same speed (aps/-int) that and if they are going solo, they can stealth past all the mobs to the bosses they need (like in frost, they can stealth and only kill shades (to open doors) and the bosses without having to do the regular mobs)

dex is a sins strength with gives you better dd (better dd effects bloodpaint too) and you crit more. most who cannot afford to shard at lower levels will get about 40-50 vit then later restat and put that vit back to dex. personally, i'd suck it up and go all dex

Does blood paint realy helps? the amount of hp you recover with the skill maxed will realy help you?
    bloodpaint is godly for sins and bms (cant say for others how well it works, but i love it to death and I don't even benefit as much from it as a sin does) i know i myself get about 50-60 health back per normal hit on bosses in ff (and i hit at 2.22 attacks per second (aps))
    so lets just say i was 2 attacks even for 10 seconds. 20 attacks x 55 health. 1100 health made back. And that's just in 10 seconds for me as a bm.(which i actually make back more because i cut myself down to 2.00 aps rather than my real 2.22 aps (unsparked))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Cochiti - Heavens Tear
    Cochiti - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sins can solo pretty well because of Shadow Escape and Shadow Walk. If your stealth mastery is up to date you can get past everything in a dungeon and skip to any part you want. This is where bloodpaint comes in handy. Ghosting means you can't bring a cleric and bloodpaint is the next best thing to a self heal. It also helps a lot because your attack rate is faster than that of the average melee class, bms are really the only ones who compare with them.

The red glow is probably the shards they put into the daggers or a rune buff or even the seeker buff. I don't regret my VIT. I have seen quite a few sins higher than me who have probably 30 base VIT, give or take. I like it. As a cleric I can't tell you how annoying it is to be at a boss, like Polearm, and have to ress the sin because he went splatter next to the boss. The tank is running laps around the pond while I try to ress the poor idiot because they couldn't use a bow or something. Then again, people are always touting a "pure" build. All of my characters are built to survive, that means I spared some stats to vit. It just depends on what you want. I like surviving and not everyone can afford the very best gear out there.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hyb:byei've got some questions about assassins:

what is that red glow that a lot of assassins have around the knives?

Thank you very much!b:victoryb:bye

Because Assassins are overpowered
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Wulfkin - Harshlands
    Wulfkin - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Because Assassins are overpowered

^ tru fax
    (After 4 times of being one shotted by Dipster, once with a friend)

Me:-sits barely outside of mob radius- Dipster...I know we have had our differences, but I have learned that violence solves nothing. So I make my peace with you. I will forgive you hitting me for 10k damage and one shotting me. I will even forgive you one shotting my friend and then sitting on him. Now I will go in peace...but rememeber the first rule in battle... EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!!!!
    -Charges at Dipster in tiger form hitting him with Flesh Ream before being hit for 10.5k-

Quote:Never Wrong, just misguided. -Wulfkin