Out of curisoty? How many of you guys are high strength?(D :)

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2011
    Sum up: Seekers can tank [sorta], but they shouldn't. I view the defense as more of a bonus, "you won't die when your crit pulls agg." [like a wizard would]

I beg to differ. Here's proof.

http://www.xfire.com/video/45ec92/

I have one of Nob too, but truly, Pole is more impressive. I barely had to worry on the healing, and with the "reflect debuff" skill, stopping to purify was way less often. I truly could have DD'ed about 2-3 times as much as I did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i remember potting/crabbing like crazy when i got aggro on those 2 mobs... >.>; its possible but its not as pleasant as a barb :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Capped 160 dex and all the rest is going straight into str. I can easily buffer any attack from any mob (or player) and I reluctantly (lies) steal aggro from my in game wife's lvl 96 veno b:surrender
    I beg to differ. Here's proof.

http://www.xfire.com/video/45ec92/

I have one of Nob too, but truly, Pole is more impressive. I barely had to worry on the healing, and with the "reflect debuff" skill, stopping to purify was way less often. I truly could have DD'ed about 2-3 times as much as I did.

I cant wait to pound the **** out of my fb69 :D
  • Cemina_Russe - Raging Tide
    Cemina_Russe - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ok, that's fairly impressive. But, again, look at the squad makeup. To hold agg off of a fist BM or a sin, you'd need Vortex and, while it's fine after 75, before then, you need a charm.
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    Tomoe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    as a seeker, you don't really need to hold aggro off a fist bm or a sin or any aps built toon. . . if they want a seeker to tank they have to do their job and moderate their output, e.g. from fist, a bm should switch to axes, and sin goes CoD. . .
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    6str 3dex 1vit every 2 lvls, I might cap vit around 30-40, not sure yet. It's an alt, I won't spend too much money on it, so it needs the extra vit. xD I'm a huge fan of ranged classes and so far Seeker is the only melee class I like. I love the fact it's not just an autoattacker, I have to concentrate and use skills when I see the debuff icon. x)
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    as a seeker, you don't really need to hold aggro off a fist bm or a sin or any aps built toon. . . if they want a seeker to tank they have to do their job and moderate their output, e.g. from fist, a bm should switch to axes, and sin goes CoD. . .

This...

Anything on auto attack natutrally will take the aggro, they don't even need to have alot of APS. People want seeker to tank, they just need to be less lazy and push a few more buttons to slow the consistant DPS aggro down.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Right my dex is pretty much high enough. For ya tankers out there roughly how much vit is needed to cap for fc or how hp for fc to enable pulling. I roughly cap vit at 30 and mostly gear flawless shards and have tome. I got 4.5k health. Don't say pure non unless you havea reason, I even refined a bit too and I am not rich and I liked never or used abarb. Anyways thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vristion
    edited May 2011
    Right my dex is pretty much high enough. For ya tankers out there roughly how much vit is needed to cap for fc or how hp for fc to enable pulling. I roughly cap vit at 30 and mostly gear flawless shards and have tome. I got 4.5k health. Don't say pure non unless you havea reason, I even refined a bit too and I am not rich and I liked never or used abarb. Anyways thanks

I have zero in VIT other than what gears gives, and ive tanked/pulls nicelly even without barb buffs. And I floated around 5.5k HP to 6K HP unbuffed from 8x to 9x... With cleric buffs, and BM buffs get up to 12kp-def.. and maxed def lvl buff.. ToP+windshield+crabs, I could take the hits of long pulls long enough for a BM to stun if hes in group. Or to get Vortex spinning, just be sure to hit BA (which can be done while running) just before you get to the end of the pull...

Trick to the pulls is have holy path on geanie, get way far ahead of the mobs chasing, will give you ample time to get vortex running with out interupt. Once Vortex is up, you will find yourself killing the mobs much faster then they are hitting you for... As long as you keep a safe distance from you and the mobs chasing, and prevent them from clumping up to one big mass ball., you will then take the hits in waves, and not all at once... But you also will be killing them off in waves as well..

With that method ive been able to pull off the big pulls without the support of a BM's stuns, and more times then none, have them dead before the cleric even catches up.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    vristion wrote: »
    I have zero in VIT other than what gears gives, and ive tanked/pulls nicelly even without barb buffs. And I floated around 5.5k HP to 6K HP unbuffed from 8x to 9x... With cleric buffs, and BM buffs get up to 12kp-def.. and maxed def lvl buff.. ToP+windshield+crabs, I could take the hits of long pulls long enough for a BM to stun if hes in group. Or to get Vortex spinning, just be sure to hit BA (which can be done while running) just before you get to the end of the pull...

Trick to the pulls is have holy path on geanie, get way far ahead of the mobs chasing, will give you ample time to get vortex running with out interupt. Once Vortex is up, you will find yourself killing the mobs much faster then they are hitting you for... As long as you keep a safe distance from you and the mobs chasing, and prevent them from clumping up to one big mass ball., you will then take the hits in waves, and not all at once... But you also will be killing them off in waves as well..

With that method ive been able to pull off the big pulls without the support of a BM's stuns, and more times then none, have them dead before the cleric even catches up.

o.o Wow, how you manage to get the imulate shards or ya use flawless. XD Do i need to socket stone or something. To be honest xD i dont really want to add vit, i am happy with my 30vit and 5:5 build till 90, and high str build plan. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My situation with my seeker was the same as vristion's. It's not really the HP that matters, it's how well you can manage the damage you receive as you do your pulls. Honestly, my sockets are **** (I use flawless) b:sad, but the thing that really helps in your pulls is BP + vortex (and other survival buffs).

Follow vristion's tips as that's pretty much exactly what I do too. b:victory
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    My situation with my seeker was the same as vristion's. It's not really the HP that matters, it's how well you can manage the damage you receive as you do your pulls. Honestly, my sockets are **** (I use flawless) b:sad, but the thing that really helps in your pulls is BP + vortex (and other survival buffs).

Follow vristion's tips as that's pretty much exactly what I do too. b:victory

:D cool. Well as long as i dont lose in a squad because of my low heatlh to a vit build seeker with shards or cash buyed on them, i guess i can continue building my str and dex and working on techniques. Erm thanksb:sad.

I always get worried about my health.b:cry, even when i see other seekers as tank build makes me feel sometimes i am missing something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vristion
    edited May 2011
    o.o Wow, how you manage to get the imulate shards or ya use flawless. XD Do i need to socket stone or something. To be honest xD i dont really want to add vit, i am happy with my 30vit and 5:5 build till 90, and high str build plan. :)

I just used flawless, and my gear is standard AH toss aways, i knew i would have my seeker leveled fast, but not power leveled over night, so i went with effieicnt > over powering--- for lower levels, really couldn't see spending a few hundred mil on gear i would only wear a week or two- my goal was endgame rank gear anyway.,..

For good way to practic the pulls, have somone open FC for you, and solo the mobs from the starting spot, to the shade before the first boss.. (do it while hypering, awesome xp till 85ish) Have BP on, and plenty of herbs and crabs, get ya genie set up.. You will then develop personal skill and strategy to pulling...

EDIT...

Wanted to add, when you are to be the main tank in FC, namely for pulls, and still don't feel comfortable with pulling. Communicate with the squad, most anyone will know that seekers are limited capabilities, but if they try pushing your limits, advise them they can go back to WCing for a barb, and wait 3 hrs to get one FC run done, or they can kill the instance at YOUR pace..

When you get to the pulls, you can grab you a single mob, set up BB behind you and Vortex, and have any other LA/HA class lure the entire pull to you. It can be done just as quick, with very little room for error as a standard pull. Standard pulls with seekers are a gamble, one slip of timming can cause a complete wipe.. Ive failed on pulls simply because my genie was on CD... So until you feel comforatble doing the pull yourself, just set up a blender, and have the squad members send the mobs to the slaughter house..

If you have two sins in squad? even better, have one stealth to bosses room, the other at the end of the hall, they both can lure the entire pull at once...
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    vristion wrote: »
    I just used flawless, and my gear is standard AH toss aways, i knew i would have my seeker leveled fast, but not power leveled over night, so i went with effieicnt > over powering--- for lower levels, really couldn't see spending a few hundred mil on gear i would only wear a week or two- my goal was endgame rank gear anyway.,..

For good way to practic the pulls, have somone open FC for you, and solo the mobs from the starting spot, to the shade before the first boss.. (do it while hypering, awesome xp till 85ish) Have BP on, and plenty of herbs and crabs, get ya genie set up.. You will then develop personal skill and strategy to pulling...

EDIT...

Wanted to add, when you are to be the main tank in FC, namely for pulls, and still don't feel comfortable with pulling. Communicate with the squad, most anyone will know that seekers are limited capabilities, but if they try pushing your limits, advise them they can go back to WCing for a barb, and wait 3 hrs to get one FC run done, or they can kill the instance at YOUR pace..

When you get to the pulls, you can grab you a single mob, set up BB behind you and Vortex, and have any other LA/HA class lure the entire pull to you. It can be done just as quick, with very little room for error as a standard pull. Standard pulls with seekers are a gamble, one slip of timming can cause a complete wipe.. Ive failed on pulls simply because my genie was on CD... So until you feel comforatble doing the pull yourself, just set up a blender, and have the squad members send the mobs to the slaughter house..

If you have two sins in squad? even better, have one stealth to bosses room, the other at the end of the hall, they both can lure the entire pull at once...

Kewl Just did Phoenx valley. Me and blademaster pulled and yeah its a nice little taster for me till fc. :D health wasn t a issue at all. Thanks Vristron and knight your advices helped. I only died once, but that was me being xD silly. :D i hope to learn fast and hopefully pull when i am like 85 or 90 :) if possible.

:D Yay i can continue my custom build!!! :)b:cuteb:cuteb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    seeker = mage. full str drop ultis 1 shot.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    seeker = mage. full str drop ultis 1 shot.

lolno. it isnt like archers or sins where its full dex. they get a bonus to their damage because of their high crit. strength based toons need vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lolno. it isnt like archers or sins where its full dex. they get a bonus to their damage because of their high crit. strength based toons need vit.

My seeker will have 18k hp with 3 base vit why do I need vit again?
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My seeker will have 18k hp with 3 base vit why do I need vit again?

because 18k base is nothing if you plan to TW? use your head brah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    because 18k base is nothing if you plan to TW? use your head brah

So 99% of the class is totally screwed for tw/pk? Maybe you should use your head brah? 2k more HP is jack in TW when you have 18k....You're way better off having more str/dex for damage/crit/evasion/accuracy. b:bye
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • kumaster
    kumaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Wow this thread is 5 pages. Wow i never thought my thread would last for 5 pages first time ever.b:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster 8x Unactive
    Seeker 7x active( almost main)
  • LucifersFury - Heavens Tear
    LucifersFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i got 16 vit stones in my gear so i went Str :D
  • obliviondemon
    obliviondemon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    idk i am following this website :o

here>>>>>>>>>>

is thats the right thing to do ?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    idk i am following this website :o

here>>>>>>>>>>

is thats the right thing to do ?

ewww vit build

my level 90 seeker is pure str
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ewww vit build

my level 90 seeker is pure str

Im pure as well.... =/
    re
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    well my seeker is level 78 vit very lowish like 30. :D The rest i is the high accuracy and critical build. :D Its my way, no one else, i like dex anyways lol.

But at 80 then i am going high str. So bascially my seeker is a str/ dex hybird, with 30vit cap.b:cute.

I may not have tons of health or do tons of damage like a pure. But my accuracy and critical xD will be higher then the pures and the tanks. b:laugh. I love my build since i cant decide between the two, so i made my own up mixing the builds while sticking within the requirements and not adding magic of course( Cause thats fail).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • obliviondemon
    obliviondemon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    umm lol ok i am going to create another character xD but what is the pure str build ? 3 str 2dex ?
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    umm lol ok i am going to create another character xD but what is the pure str build ? 3 str 2dex ?

pure str build is 7str and 3dex every 2 levels.(well pure for seekers :D)

so basically xD 3.5str and 1.5dex every level mathematically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If you need a bit of explanation on stat points, I offer my guide here as a guideline of the differences between stat point setups. One of the reasons the few above dislike VIT in builds is because they know the game enough where they are 100% sure they won't need it. They are probably getting hp boosts from gear (which is what I'm doing) later in the game. I hope my explanation in my guide will make it clear why people have chosen their setups and why you don't necessarily have to stick to one formula through all levels.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Listern to sir Knightb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RiotKing - Raging Tide
    RiotKing - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    well my seeker is level 78 vit very lowish like 30. :D The rest i is the high accuracy and critical build. :D Its my way, no one else, i like dex anyways lol.

But at 80 then i am going high str. So bascially my seeker is a str/ dex hybird, with 30vit cap.b:cute.

I may not have tons of health or do tons of damage like a pure. But my accuracy and critical xD will be higher then the pures and the tanks. b:laugh. I love my build since i cant decide between the two, so i made my own up mixing the builds while sticking within the requirements and not adding magic of course( Cause thats fail).

level 1-40 I was dex build no vit..Wasnt to bad stayed alive longer then my freind who went vit build. XB