edited May 2011 in Mystic
any suggestions or skill combos ?
not in duels but pvp
Post edited by psycko1 on

Comments

• UltimaDeath - Harshlands
    UltimaDeath - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    thicket or that skill which reduces dmg by half followed by gale or bramble. pet stun works too.
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just keep stunning them with Gale Force/Devil Chiyu stun/Thicket and using bramble tornado to push them back. Once they can't touch you, it's pretty easy using whatever dmg combo you have.

However, if the sin stealths, it's very hard to beat.
  • psycko1
    psycko1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    yeh the main problem is there stealth
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i have very limited PVP experance so my idea may not be very good. but what about having you pet on defence setting when the sin goes into steath. i'm not 100% sure of this, but wouldn't the pet auto attack the minute the sin appears and attacks you? if so have it auto cast stun and the mintue the sin hits you, assuming they don't one shot you, you may have a chance.

again i can't stress enuf. i suck at pvp if this is a bad idea don't bash me lol.
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'd believe good sins use maze Steps (Stun Immunity) before popping out of stealth, so that stun would be wasted b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    psycko1 wrote: »
    not in duels but pvp

The key to this is gonna probably be surviving the onslaught. Against a sin I will usually use salvation with full mana. Keep her buffs on you at ALL times along with falling petals and Verdant shell.

If you can, fight in the air it will reduce some of his damage.

The hard part about the sin fight is surviving the 1st onslaught and avoiding being stunned after. if you can manage that you can win easily.

Unfortunately they will almost always get the 1st hit so make sure and have AD on your genie and use it as soon as they appear. Use your Bramble tornado as soon as possible then follow up with a thicket and spam NV and they should die easy.

If you are dieing quickly or before there stun wears off you probably need higher ranks of those spells I talked about earlier and better phy defense on your gear I'm afraid.

If the sins equally geared he already has the advantage, so be prepared at all times.

Good luck hope that helped!
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • psycko1
    edited May 2011
    The key to this is gonna probably be surviving the onslaught. Against a sin I will usually use salvation with full mana. Keep her buffs on you at ALL times along with falling petals and Verdant shell.

If you can, fight in the air it will reduce some of his damage.

The hard part about the sin fight is surviving the 1st onslaught and avoiding being stunned after. if you can manage that you can win easily.

Unfortunately they will almost always get the 1st hit so make sure and have AD on your genie and use it as soon as they appear. Use your Bramble tornado as soon as possible then follow up with a thicket and spam NV and they should die easy.

If you are dieing quickly or before there stun wears off you probably need higher ranks of those spells I talked about earlier and better phy defense on your gear I'm afraid.

If the sins equally geared he already has the advantage, so be prepared at all times.

Good luck hope that helped!

with salvation do u have to have ur self clicked to use its buffs on u ?
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    with salvation do u have to have ur self clicked to use its buffs on u ?

Unfortunately, you will have to target yourself if you wanna use her regular skills on you. If you wanna Leech her you can have anything selected though.
  • KaIista - Sanctuary
    KaIista - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'd believe good sins use maze Steps (Stun Immunity) before popping out of stealth, so that stun would be wasted b:sad

I dont know any that use this prior to popping out of stealth, in fact on my sin if I attack out of stealth the first thing you are gonna get hit with is headhunt, or a sleep/stun of sorts if you happen to awaken before i kill you then I use maze to kite, stealth, rinse, and repeat....

but regarding OPs original post, I consider myself to be semi decent at pvp, and on my sin I have yet to beat a mystic near my level who does not have their head up their rear....mystics have incredible flexibility no matter what I throw at them they adapt and beat up my sin. bear in mind however I do not own a sin higher than 86 so I cannot speak on what would happen to a mystic who got slept, stunned silenced and then aps ravaged.
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I dont know any that use this prior to popping out of stealth, in fact on my sin if I attack out of stealth the first thing you are gonna get hit with is headhunt, or a sleep/stun of sorts if you happen to awaken before i kill you then I use maze to kite, stealth, rinse, and repeat....

but regarding OPs original post, I consider myself to be semi decent at pvp, and on my sin I have yet to beat a mystic near my level who does not have their head up their rear....mystics have incredible flexibility no matter what I throw at them they adapt and beat up my sin. bear in mind however I do not own a sin higher than 86 so I cannot speak on what would happen to a mystic who got slept, stunned silenced and then aps ravaged.

The sins I'm talking about are the ones that are 100 and can kill you before there damage even registers in your log. For these sins you need quite a large phy defense stat and to be ready to tap AD as soon as they appear and hope you live.

My Phy defense is at about 7k atm with only my self buff and I think it's way to low to survive yet.

Once I hit the 10k mark with Salvation though I think I'll start being able to fight back easier.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    7k p. def should be enough to handle most of the sins on the server. For the ones who *always* double spark before fighting, expel is a great way to wait out their attempts to cheapshot their way to a win.

However there's honestly no defense against sins with R9 +12, it doesnt matter how much p. def and hp you get. It boils down to luck. Why do I say that?

R9 daggers have a berserk rate of around 50%. A sin can get a natural 30-40% crit rate easily, and that's without buffs. That means the average R9 sin has around a 15-20% zerk crit rate. At 3-5 aps per sec, it doesn't take long at all to get a zerk crit proc.

Zerk crit is 4x normal damage. The last Time I was hit by Nyxyo, who has only +11 R9 daggers, he zerk critted me for 7185 damage, on a normal hit. Yes that means he has the chance to hit for that much 3-5 times per second. I had 10k p. def, 8 defense levels, and 10025 hp. I was expecting him to pop up because I knew he was stalking me, and I expelled basically right when he appeared. I still died before expel ever went off.

If he doesn't get a zerk crit proc, expel goes off, his spark wears off, and from there you have a fighting chance...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    All competent sins WILL attack out of stealth with maze steps on, especially if you have the chiyhu out and they have at least some vague knowledge about our class. But I have to agree with Yui, the hard part is surviving their first attack, and Salvation helps with that very well. If you manage to survive, bramble and pray you can get thicket in before they stealth escape. >.> If you can then they're usually either dead or are a nature's/swirling mist away from death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    not in duels but pvp

I remeber this one time a mystic, around my level, was pissing me off in PvP because I was joking around with my lowbie friends and watching them PvP then he fell down from above and killed us all.

It was pretty fun killing him but it involved alot of waiting for his buffs to wear off and slip up.

He died pretty easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I remeber this one time a mystic, around my level, was pissing me off in PvP because I was joking around with my lowbie friends and watching them PvP then he fell down from above and killed us all.

It was pretty fun killing him but it involved alot of waiting for his buffs to wear off and slip up.

He died pretty easily.

Yeah against any half competent r8 Sin you have to be prepared and perfect to survive. You need to have yourself buffed with petals and Verdant shell, along with your finger on the AD or Expel button. I have to admit I've started using Salvy a lot more than Chihyu just because there's a chance the sin can kill me before I hit my genie move without Salivations shields on me(His stun seems to rarely work anyways). Often times I will fly into the air as well just to reduce some more of their damage.

Just done feel bad for dying to another sin 1v1. It's an extremely up hill battle for all classes to win but it's not impossible. Just may require a lot more skill and physical defense/HP to get ya through hehe.
  • psycko1
    edited May 2011
    Yeah against any half competent r8 Sin you have to be prepared and perfect to survive. You need to have yourself buffed with petals and Verdant shell, along with your finger on the AD or Expel button. I have to admit I've started using Salvy a lot more than Chihyu just because there's a chance the sin can kill me before I hit my genie move without Salivations shields on me(His stun seems to rarely work anyways). Often times I will fly into the air as well just to reduce some more of their damage.

so if a sin waits for ur shields to run out before he atcks do u AD then rebuff ur self while ur immune to damage ?
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    so if a sin waits for ur shields to run out before he atcks do u AD then rebuff ur self while ur immune to damage ?

Try not to let that happen.

The shields are there to buy you enough time to hit the AD button. If the sin is well enough geared (like r8 or Nirvana daggers +5 or higher which a lot are) then you may die before you can hit the AD button, even if your finger is right on it.

It depends on both players gear but there has been times I've died in 2 seconds even fully shielded and my Phy defense is 7k+ and my hp is 5.5k unbuffed.

So try not to be caught with your proverbial pants down hehe.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Also, it would be a very bad idea for the sin to wait for the shields to run out. If you Leech Salvation, you get 20 secs of a pretty powerful shield. 20 secs is more than enough to kill any sin, except if they are sharded with full jade of steady defense (I know one on my server -.- in TW, not even 4-5 R8 ppl on her at one time manage to kill her...) But well, full jade of steady defense gears are still quite rare, at least on PvE servers.
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Also, it would be a very bad idea for the sin to wait for the shields to run out. If you Leech Salvation, you get 20 secs of a pretty powerful shield. 20 secs is more than enough to kill any sin, except if they are sharded with full jade of steady defense (I know one on my server -.- in TW, not even 4-5 R8 ppl on her at one time manage to kill her...) But well, full jade of steady defense gears are still quite rare, at least on PvE servers.

He would attack from stealth and if you survive make you trigger it then shadow escape and wait for it to wear off before he definately will kill you. Same goes for AD, its got a 3 min cooldown = you dead on second attempt.
    PWI b:bye
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ↑this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]