Do BM's need holy path?

SwiftBlader - Raging Tide
SwiftBlader - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Blademaster
Do Bm's really need the Holy Path skill because we have cloud sprint and Will of the Bodhvista which is well better than Holy Path as it lasts longer. So is it worth gettin Holy Path? b:puzzled
Post edited by SwiftBlader - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear
    Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    its good to have to keep up with the puller in FF for example if CS is on cooldown or your lacking chi for Bodi.
    Its also good if your pulling the assassin mobs before dread & slasher boss in FF to always be on 10+ m/s
    so you dont get hit while pulling. Id say get it. It works nicely for me for all my daily needs.
  • SwiftBlader - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Whats FF
    edited May 2011
    FF, or FC is Forgotten Frostlands which is a high level instance with great exp. Usually done at about 80+ level.
    edited May 2011
    Thnx for ur reply
    edited May 2011
    No problems.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's nice for most PvE cases, but I've found is less necessary in TW and PK because aerogear can accelerate at 11.3 m/s without wasting 75 energy.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's nice for what people are rushing things and yeah, when you pull in FF. I have my genie set up so I can double holy path (do it twice in a row) and even with Sprint, Will, and two holy paths, I still feel slow :P The faster in FF you can run, the less damage you take, the better off you are. So, I personally always recommend it. And it's nice in BH while your other two are in cooldowns
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Back in the lower levels, I used to think we didn't need holy path because of our two running skills. Man, was I wrong b:chuckle.

In higher level PvE, it's nice to have because you want to be in the frontline as much as possible to assist the tank(s) in clearing the path ahead for the team. Compared to the BM run skills, holy path excels in its instant burst of max speed, which is great for quick positioning in boss fights when you might want to HF for sparking melee classes, for example.
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    you'll need a holy path unless you have a car in FC=D
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miiya - Raging Tide
    Miiya - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i'm sure you can get away without having it, but an extra movement speed skill can never be a bad thing. and as far as the skill itself...

i guess it's technically a dex based skill, but the stat requirement is so huge to see such a small bonus that it works well on high str or high dex genies. not only that, but the affinity requirements seem pretty modest. i've had it on both str and dex based genies and never had its affinities "interfere" with being able to learn my favorite skills of each.
    edited May 2011
    is there a guide which tells u the important skills bm's need for pve and pvp? cud u link it on here plz

Thnx to everyone who replied to the post
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    is there a guide which tells u the important skills bm's need for pve and pvp? cud u link it on here plz

Thnx to everyone who replied to the post

read up, FAQ, Links section.

learn2read
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm not a bm obviously, but i think it's nice for a bm to have Holy Path. For example when i get hit by some physical mob, i need you guys to get it off me as fast as possible. When you just use it to rush through the instance i hate it, since i'm not able to keep up that way. I can double holy path, but if you guys double holy path + your running skills it's a pain in the *** to catch up, especially when (some) people start wining about not getting healed xD

So i think you should have it on your genie, but you shouldn't use it without reason ^^
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You want Holy Path for running Happy Valley tickets in Delta.
    You want Holy Path for rushing through TT's.
    You want Holy Path for losing aggro from mobs.
    etc.

Honestly, what BMs usually do in PvE require speed, and since you have to be at zero range to do any real damage, Holy Path is kinda must.
  • DudeLupus - Raging Tide
    DudeLupus - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I love holy path on my BM. Stream was right, it can really help when something happens and you gotta save the cleric. But the main reason I got it is just because it's one of those genie skills that is just better than most of the others.

There are some that just make more sense, especially for certain classes. I have earthflame, second wind, tangling mire, and holy path right now. I want to eventually get tree of protection or absolute domain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]