Lucky Break

Burnout - Harshlands
Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Mystic
I just got this skill tonight, and I'm happy to confirm that this skill works EXACTLY like it's written. You can cast it on the run, and it takes effect about 1 second after you cast it due to lag(similar to how mage sutra also lags a bit). It is not consumed by non-damaging skills like heal.

Most important part though...this works with our AOE gale force also. It automatically crits everything in it's aoe. W/ this skill I was able to solo pull FC and one-hit every mob w/ triple spark + lucky break + gale force.

It's also very easy to get consistent 3-5k crits on demand in pvp. So it made it very easy to bypass charms. This is all with a +6 Rank 8 and a 70 vit build.

In short it's very worth the 40-50 mil you need to spend on this skill.

As for the other 2 skills....I'm not really sure it's worth the coin. I guess I'll get 'em when I get 'em.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
Post edited by Burnout - Harshlands on

Comments

• Atonements - Raging Tide
    Atonements - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    *Like* d('-')b
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bored. b:lipcurl
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    cooldown is correct too? like 1 minute or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Yes it is 1 min cooldown, duration seems to be shorter than 10 seconds but that is just from my observations and not from actual testing.

One thing to note is that it CAN be purged. I've actually had it purged mid-cast while fighting an archer, and the spell did not crit when it went off. So those purge bows really **** us over :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • cletaz
    cletaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    but it critas 1 hit u made within the 10 seconds of duration?
    or it crits every hits sklills u make within the duration?b:shocked
    (btw are u sage or demon u.u?)b:kiss
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    i believe it is only the next hit that crits, but as burnout said that only lasts 10 seconds so, if you wait after the 10 seconds you wont have 100% crit then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redblossom
    redblossom Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What I find most interesting is the idea of lucky break + bramble rage (genie skill). basically a crit on demand range aoe, nice hmm?
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's very nice but II still don't think it's worth it, specially if only works for the 1 next shot and that's it.

Vix I think it means that you can cast your attack in 10 seconds, not that all attacks during those 10 seconds are gonna crit, but I could be wrong, since I don't have it. Let's wait for Burn to respond.

EDIT: Wait... 1 minute cooldown?... ZOMGDNESS !!!!

although I could use those 40m to refine my ***** higher
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I just got this skill tonight, and I'm happy to confirm that this skill works EXACTLY like it's written. You can cast it on the run, and it takes effect about 1 second after you cast it due to lag(similar to how mage sutra also lags a bit). It is not consumed by non-damaging skills like heal.

Most important part though...this works with our AOE gale force also. It automatically crits everything in it's aoe. W/ this skill I was able to solo pull FC and one-hit every mob w/ triple spark + lucky break + gale force.

It's also very easy to get consistent 3-5k crits on demand in pvp. So it made it very easy to bypass charms. This is all with a +6 Rank 8 and a 70 vit build.

In short it's very worth the 40-50 mil you need to spend on this skill.

As for the other 2 skills....I'm not really sure it's worth the coin. I guess I'll get 'em when I get 'em.

I'm not sure about the healing 100 skill but the damaging one seems like it would work great in conjunction with Lucky break because of it's higher modifier.

I'm up to the tt 3-3 part of my culti.

So close yet so far. b:surrender
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    It's very nice but II still don't think it's worth it, specially if only works for the 1 next shot and that's it.

Vix I think it means that you can cast your attack in 10 seconds, not that all attacks during those 10 seconds are gonna crit, but I could be wrong, since I don't have it. Let's wait for Burn to respond.

yea thats what i said ^^ meaning after the 10 seconds it doesnt work anymore?

but i still think its worth getting... especially for pvp and the 1 min cooldown o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Does it take any chi?

After I told myself I would never do cube culti again you remind me of aoe crits b:cry

At least I should have an easier time with full rb on mystic. Even if the squad fails I can possibly save it b:victory

I may never finish my psy's culti, but I wants that lucky break b:dirty

Deciding where to put it on my skill bars will be the hard part since I don't want to have more than 2 on either side *kicks listless out*

Or I could open the 3rd just for one skill and deal with mild OCD *twitch*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • XXLetaliaXx - Raging Tide
    XXLetaliaXx - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    sorry i know this is off topic but i LOVE your Bard sig b:dirtyb:victory
  • cletaz
    edited May 2011
    sorry i know this is off topic but i LOVE your Bard sig b:dirtyb:victory

lolb:chuckle
  • cletaz
    edited May 2011
    *Like* d('-')b

ok...... so it crits for 10 secs eveyhit i do... or just 1 skill criths within those 10 seconds... thaths the only valid question casue alll the other things abotut this.. are weithen in the skil:

Mana 500(yes 500 mana..)
    Channel Instant seconds (istant so u can cast while ure on holly path to ur target b:dirty)
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds ( a nice cooldown of 1 minute)
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument (lol of couse)

Requisite Cultivation Celestial Sage/Demon (b:shutup)

You have spotted the enemy's flaw. (blah blah bblah)
    Your next attack will land a critical strike. (mmm interesting woot)
    Lasts up to 10 seconds. (OK HERE IS THE OMG WTF ***!, IS THIS ***** MAKING ME CRIT EVERYBODY ASSES WITHIN ON ALL THE SKILLS AI CAST WITHING 10 SECONDS OR JUST A STUPID AND INSIGNIFICANT HIT X SKILL CAST? (WHY INSIGNIFICANT? ABORBS CHINYOU AND IVE 38% crit (as a sin/archer) for 20 seconds)
    (having something in mind... al the mystics skills are so weak that is almost imposible to 1-2 shot somebody with decent gear and decent HP, and yeh yeh yeh od couse u can 3spark+absorb the misstres+RG and ure a PWNER... but! this is for abut 10 seconds at max.. and.. when those goes off what ull do????)

Costs 50 Chi.(yeh a decent price for making all my hits crits within 10 seconds... BUT! if not... *** U PWI AND *** U everybody that thinks im going to lose my time doing that culty +43M+ learning that fail skill)b:surrender
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    cletaz wrote: »
    ok...... so it crits for 10 secs eveyhit i do... or just 1 skill criths within those 10 seconds... thaths the only valid question casue alll the other things abotut this.. are weithen in the skil:

Mana 500(yes 500 mana..)
    Channel Instant seconds (istant so u can cast while ure on holly path to ur target b:dirty)
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds ( a nice cooldown of 1 minute)
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument (lol of couse)

Requisite Cultivation Celestial Sage/Demon (b:shutup)

You have spotted the enemy's flaw. (blah blah bblah)
    Your next attack will land a critical strike. (mmm interesting woot)
    Lasts up to 10 seconds. (OK HERE IS THE OMG WTF ***!, IS THIS ***** MAKING ME CRIT EVERYBODY ASSES WITHIN ON ALL THE SKILLS AI CAST WITHING 10 SECONDS OR JUST A STUPID AND INSIGNIFICANT HIT X SKILL CAST? (WHY INSIGNIFICANT? ABORBS CHINYOU AND IVE 38% crit (as a sin/archer) for 20 seconds)
    (having something in mind... al the mystics skills are so weak that is almost imposible to 1-2 shot somebody with decent gear and decent HP, and yeh yeh yeh od couse u can 3spark+absorb the misstres+RG and ure a PWNER... but! this is for abut 10 seconds at max.. and.. when those goes off what ull do????)

Costs 50 Chi.(yeh a decent price for making all my hits crits within 10 seconds... BUT! if not... *** U PWI AND *** U everybody that thinks im going to lose my time doing that culty +43M+ learning that fail skill)b:surrender

The buff dissapears after any offensive attack, whether its melee, genie or magic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• cletaz
    edited May 2011
    The buff dissapears after any offensive attack, whether its melee, genie or magic.

b:angry o its a fail skill im going to Weeping Breeze Dance, ( it fails too, compared to all others classes ulitis, omg yesh i failsa lot.. but... compared to others skills of the mystic it rocks....b:surrender)

and btw... somebody remember me why im playing a class that is based on sh!ts that requires a lot of chi... channelling...a OMGWTF gear... for being a easy kill for every other classes.b:cry
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    b:angry o its a fail skill im going to Weeping Breeze Dance, ( it fails too, compared to all others classes ulitis, omg yesh i failsa lot.. but... compared to others skills of the mystic it rocks....b:surrender)

and btw... somebody remember me why im playing a class that is based on sh!ts that requires a lot of chi... channelling...a OMGWTF gear... for being a easy kill for every other classes.b:cry

I honesty don't know what you guys are talking about I think there skills and damage are just fine.

I don't have r9 at all yet OR my 100 skills. Yet I have successfully killed every other class in the game 1v1 and a lot of them with much better gear than me.

I've even killed a r9 BM and Archer 1v1 before.

I don't even consider myself particularity skilled at all either. b:surrender
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Damage is ok and I'm using +6 R8 only.

Ok...

well it's a nice skill to have... but... I don't think it's worth nearly 2 D.orbs +10. Refining or adding better shards sseem much better for now, specially in a server where 3 people /Nyxyo, OpSy, nevenann control WBs and such
  • cletaz
    edited May 2011
    I honesty don't know what you guys are talking about I think there skills and damage are just fine.

I don't have r9 at all yet OR my 100 skills. Yet I have successfully killed every other class in the game 1v1 and a lot of them with much better gear than me.

I've even killed a r9 BM and Archer 1v1 before.

I don't even consider myself particularity skilled at all either. b:surrender

so ure telling that u can compare mystic damaging skills to....

VENO lv 75 (in sage/demon)
    Parasitic Nova
    Range 27.0 meters
    Mana 590.0
    Channel 3.0 seconds
    Cast 1.2 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Master of Discord
    Summon a toxic parasite array to attack the target and all enemies 12.0 meters
    around target. Inflicts Wood damage equals to base magic damage with additional
    Wood damage 300% of weapon magic damage as well as another 6606.0
    Wood damage. Has a 67% chance to make them chaotic for 8.0 seconds,
    in which they are unable to move or attack and suffer more damage.

Requires two Sparks

OR...
    Black Ice Dragon Strike
    Range 30.0 meters
    Mana 655
    Channel 4.0 seconds
    Cast 1.6 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds

Requisite Cultivation Master of Harmony
    Focus your Chi to summon an icy dragon that soars into the sky and smashes down
    onto the target and enemies within 12.0 meters, dealing water damage equal to base
    magic damage plus 500% of weapon damage plus 13955.0. Has a 95% chance to slow enemies
    by 60% for 8.0 seconds. Also has a chance to increase your magical critical hit rate.

Requires two Sparks.

OR EVEN...
    Red Tide
    Range 28.5 meters
    Mana 680
    Channel 1.8 second(s)
    Cast 1.2 second(s)
    Cooldown 30.0 second(s)
    Weapon Soulsphere

Requisite Spiritual Cultivation Master of Harmony
    Deals base magic damage plus 200%
    of weapon damage plus 6578
    Water damage to all targets within 8 meters.
    Has a 80% chance to cause them to bleed
    for damage equal to your Soulforce over 9 seconds.

Costs two Sparks

OR ....

Stone Smasher Level 1
    Range 28.5 meters
    Mana 750
    Channel 4.0 second(s)
    Cast 1.0 second(s)
    Cooldown 60.0 second(s)
    Weapon Soulsphere, Unarmed

Requisite Spiritual Cultivation Celestial Sage/Demon
    Use all of one's energy to invoke the spirit of the Mountain.
    Slams the target and all enemies around it.
    Attack all enemy targets within 8 meters,
    dealing damage based on your attack, plus 400%
    gear's magical attack and 10253.1 Earth damage.
    Reduces target's attack speed by 30% for 8 seconds.

Costs 2 Sparks

ONCLUSSION
    u CANT compare those skills with the mystic fails lv 100 skills......b:cryb:shockedb:cry
  • Zidannie - Heavens Tear
    Zidannie - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    That's freakin awesome yo..Ill start savin up then!
    Zidannie Skylar, Yup that's me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    so ure telling that u can compare mystic damaging skills to....

VENO lv 75 (in sage/demon)
    Parasitic Nova
    Range 27.0 meters
    Mana 590.0
    Channel 3.0 seconds
    Cast 1.2 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds

Requisite Cultivation Master of Discord
    Summon a toxic parasite array to attack the target and all enemies 12.0 meters
    around target. Inflicts Wood damage equals to base magic damage with additional
    Wood damage 300% of weapon magic damage as well as another 6606.0
    Wood damage. Has a 67% chance to make them chaotic for 8.0 seconds,
    in which they are unable to move or attack and suffer more damage.

Requires two Sparks

OR...
    Black Ice Dragon Strike
    Range 30.0 meters
    Mana 655
    Channel 4.0 seconds
    Cast 1.6 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds

Requisite Cultivation Master of Harmony
    Focus your Chi to summon an icy dragon that soars into the sky and smashes down
    onto the target and enemies within 12.0 meters, dealing water damage equal to base
    magic damage plus 500% of weapon damage plus 13955.0. Has a 95% chance to slow enemies
    by 60% for 8.0 seconds. Also has a chance to increase your magical critical hit rate.

Requires two Sparks.

OR EVEN...
    Red Tide
    Range 28.5 meters
    Mana 680
    Channel 1.8 second(s)
    Cast 1.2 second(s)
    Cooldown 30.0 second(s)
    Weapon Soulsphere

Requisite Spiritual Cultivation Master of Harmony
    Deals base magic damage plus 200%
    of weapon damage plus 6578
    Water damage to all targets within 8 meters.
    Has a 80% chance to cause them to bleed
    for damage equal to your Soulforce over 9 seconds.

Costs two Sparks

OR ....

Stone Smasher Level 1
    Range 28.5 meters
    Mana 750
    Channel 4.0 second(s)
    Cast 1.0 second(s)
    Cooldown 60.0 second(s)
    Weapon Soulsphere, Unarmed

Requisite Spiritual Cultivation Celestial Sage/Demon
    Use all of one's energy to invoke the spirit of the Mountain.
    Slams the target and all enemies around it.
    Attack all enemy targets within 8 meters,
    dealing damage based on your attack, plus 400%
    gear's magical attack and 10253.1 Earth damage.
    Reduces target's attack speed by 30% for 8 seconds.

Costs 2 Sparks

ONCLUSSION
    u CANT compare those skills with the mystic fails lv 100 skills......b:cryb:shockedb:cry

I'm sorry but I'd rather have Thicket than ANY one of those skills mentioned above. (Except for maybe Stone Smasher but it's a toss up)

And as far as our 100 skills go we have a free crit that can be used in conjunction with "Weeping Breeze" Which Deals Wood damage equal to your basic Magic Attack
    plus 250% Weapon Attack plus 3500. Reduces target's
    Max HP by 8% for 8 seconds.

250% modifier with a 3500 addition that's a 100% crit chance with Lucky Break!!

I'm sorry but we have some epic skills to pk people. Maybe not in one hit! But very fast all the same.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Think about it this way. If you use rapid growth and lucky break before casting weeping breeze, it's basically equivalent to:

"Deals damage equal to 200% base magic attack + 750% weapon damage + 7000. Lowers maximum hp by 8%. This skill cannot cause a critical strike"

If used on a full hp target, the 8% hp is roughly equivalent to around 7000 raw damage. this is taking into account an average pvp target with 10k hp. In any case, even if it doesn't one-shot them they are 8% easier to take down after a charm tick.

It can deal some impressive damage, albeit it's not streaky like BIDS where it'll either one-shot a lot of people or just tick a lot of people's charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Mystic's aren't meant to Nuke people like a Wizard/Psy is. It's just not what they are meant to do. Deal with It.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Mystic's aren't meant to Nuke people like a Wizard/Psy is. It's just not what they are meant to do. Deal with It.

They actually can achieve more consistent and higher single-target dps/burst than wizards/psys most of the time. But yeah I agree that nothing can burst like a 20k BIDS crit, or a 12m 500% wep damage AOE, or a sutra combo where 2-3 spells end up critting. Those are the kind of things that make you go (WTF! WIZ OP!). But then the wiz sucks for the next minute or so (comparatively, at least).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]