Some Stuff I Miss About PWI.

Comments

• Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Aww, I'm in one of those SS' Esco. =D I miss a lot of things about PWI. Fun is one of them. Ho-hum. Way to bring back memories!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    to add on to my Missing gms interacting this is the type of stuff i miss.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2009-10-0918-07-17aaa.jpg

^ Bearclaw lubs me b:dirtyb:cute

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2010-02-1121-54-44aaa.jpg

^ me after the fight with Ironman

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2011-02-1201-27-53aaa.jpg
    http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2011-02-1201-28-40aaa.jpg

^ Lol gotta love Kantorek b:cry BRING HIM BACK!!! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I don't normally partake in these kind of discussions, because change is inevitable and that's how I look at it, but I remember when I was deciding on rolling an archer or a BM, and my friend told me to roll a fist BM because they were cool like archers but less squishy. So I did, and everyone was like WTF because fist BMs were not cool back then and very, very rare. I quit her at level 72, for lack of good interval (and thus dmg).. If only I had kept her. b:surrender

Me too. My first BM was a fist BM. I deleted her and restarted as an axe build, because I learned that was better for tanking. .....yeah.... b:sad

Random GM nonsense was part of what made Perfect World so different for me... you really got the feeling that the ones running the show were also having fun too, not just doing their jobs.

I miss low gold prices. I bought my first fashion--a blue ballroom gown--for 100k.

Also, I miss having 'high level' be 70+, because getting that high was really an accomplishment. Nowadays, you're fail if your level is still in the double digits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    *points to Facebook* Use FW'rs stole Kanto, and you can't haves him back. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Fine I'll bite.

Maintenance is vital
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011

OMG YOU HAD KANTO ON YOUR FRIEND LIST! DAMN YOU DREAMWEAVER! b:cry

I will never be able to get rid of this jealousy. b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I miss a lot of things on pwi...

Making/meeting new peeps because they enjoyed you in the squad and as a person...

Instead of bc you happen to play a class that is highly needed/is considered op

I miss being proud of having a herc on my veno and grinding off for it.

Now you have packs that has a chance to give you the damn thing...

I miss my veno being considered a DD...along with many other classes.

Venos are left in the waste side...along with other classes.

I miss my old peeps. My old friends, all of them before they quit.

I miss people wc'n non-stop for TT, Gamma, things that require, truly require skill and patience...
    Now you're getting cash nabs wc'n non-stop for FC... Fish solo'n it in 10 minutes (oh how facking fun har...) AND people are paying for it? At the nub levels??

I miss having so much diversity in the game..the LA wizzies, the HA venos, the op acrane barbs lol..the "DD barbs" the high crit clerics...the LA ones...

Now it's "4-5 APS OR GTFO FOO." We have claw barbs...claw archers...claw venos...really now? Claw claw and facking claw...

When I first played, it was enchanting for me. This was my first mmo and more than likely will be my last. I've met some very awesome people on here and some awful people as well. But all and all, it was much better than it is now...I truly miss the old times. I see lv.90+ barbs with **** for shards on their 3 socket TT90 shiet and they're carrying around their rank 9 weapon...that doesn't make any sense to me. I miss seeing "TT99 blah blah" or "Gold: Legendary blah" as a player's weapon. I freaking miss the diversity on this f'n game maaaannnn. The new day annoument, the QQ from venos when they announce "So and so just received the Hercules pet egg" (I was one of those venos lool)
    But meh...I still play because of my rl friends that happen to play as well, I enjoy the game still because of them. If it wasn't that, I would've been gone a while back, before they started to bring out the tideborn class lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I miss grinding with friends then have a few RPKers drop in and end up having faction wars on the open map.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Really miss, my flesh ream actually working.
    Really miss, people working together instead of just been plain rude.
    Really miss, the community spirit this game had.
    Really miss. been able to grind an make money.
    Really miss, squad dynamics actually working.
    Really miss, the old FF that wasnt an xp fest packed with 5th generation hyper noobs.
    Really miss, axe BM's
    Really miss, Wizards been thought of as useful DD's.
    Really miss 100k gold.

PW evolved a heck of a lot. i still love the game, i really like some of the features added but as the game evolved in some respects its made it impossible for some classes to survive.
    Now all you see is sins and BM's everywhere the population jumped on the fishie/aps bandwaggon and it wasnt for the greater good..b:angry
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Omg that picture! That thread! and....the thread starter b:avoid but most of all....that BM that posted on the 1st page !

Now I'm gonna get all nostalgic.b:scorn Must...resist...temptation....to...necro....

EDIT : nvm,they closed it.

And ummm....well I miss what the tranny archer above me posted as well as all of my year on sanctuary and 3-4 months(spring-summer ones) out of the year on RT.Although I'd be pretty bored of the game even if it was like it was back then and while I'd love spending time like that with the same ppl,I wouldn't want to do everything all over again in the same game.There's a limit to how much entertainment can one get from a game,that might've changed with constant new,fun,non-game-breaking & useful content though.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I miss actualy enjoying the instances i run.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You know the adage:

"Don't know what you got til it's gone."

It's "Don't know what you had was good til it's gone"
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Meh, so I was off with the wording, the meaning is still there.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011

lol i read that bms reply and laughed so hard. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Resolve on my server.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Infamy b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The New Day Message i wish they would bring this back

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2009-06-1200-06-57rrr.jpg
    wow totally forgot about those messages >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Where do I start?
    -It took me a damn long time to get to 80's (I started 1 month after the sanctuary server got created, but took way too many and too long breaks but still.). Now people can get to 100 really quickly it's not fun anymore.
    -When people were actually questing, when tusk town and other players where booming with players who are killing mobs and asking higher levels to help them, thus making new friends and have fun with them.
    -Whenever I help a squad and they have level 60,70, or even 80's I hate it when they go, "oh this is my alt, I have a 101 veno or something else". Before when there was someone lower level than you, you would help them and give them advices. Now it's all "get this dungeon over and gtfo"
    -When classes were more usefull on their own, like when clerics where actually needed, and so were barbs. There were a lot of venos and now there are none.
    -Before everyone was an assasin, seriously, everytime I do a squad atleast half of it are assasins.
    -When people had 1 +70 and considered high level.
    -When there were some very known players, now everyone has bunch of +100's with same armors and stuff.
    -When Tw's were fun and had emotion, I never forget my times at NWO. Gathering at one city....etc.
    -Now everything people do is FCC FCC FCC FCC FCC (I've done a few myself but because I felt bad that me who played for years didn't even have 1 sage/demon while new people have a bunch of them.)
    -The random wraith attacks (which were a good opportunity to gain some money.)
    -When attacks and stuff were simple before all this aps bla bla bloodtearshed 5.5 soul explosion stuff.
    -Friendly players.
    -Cheap gold prices
    -Waiting on fb19 entrances and keep asking to enter fbs to get experience.
    -The good players whom roleplaying was possible and there was more focus on characters. "Ohh you're on good looking elf, nice dress btw."
    -The daily messages
    -GM events
    -Finding GMS
    -When 1k was empty
    -When becoming demon/sage was a big accomplishment.
    -When all these new classes were not arround, Psychics and Seekers I can live with but Assasins and Mystics......uhhh.

All I can think of now.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Psychics and Seekers I can live with but Assasins and Mystics......uhhh.

A fully geared rank what ever psychic with crazy refines will pwn anyone silly, an average geared psy (the normal player) is just as good as anyone else or a bit better if they play right.
    Well seekers kinda suck for controll skills, but if there highly geared again, well they can face roll everyone nearly (apart from wizards)
    Don't even need to bother
    Bit curious on this one, the devil pet has its 5 second stun, after that, that's there advantage gone, there pet can be insta pwnt and then its just like facing a cleric with an instant heal just about and also without any control skills, again though if that person if heavily geared yeah they will pwn, apart from that im curious to why you can live without them with the fact that there isn't even that many compared to seekers running about, puzzles me :/

This game is all about the gear/refines/aps.

On topic again, I miss everything about the game that actually made it a game and not just an online gambling house with really bad pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • XXxLuneraxXx - Raging Tide
    XXxLuneraxXx - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It sounds like pwi was awesome back then, I made an assassin because to me an assassin is suppose to be sexy, mysterious, and deadly. I didn't know it would be such a darn hassle to play the game if you didnt have good gear, or good weapons. All I hear is what I 'HAVE' to get and what I 'HAVE' to do. The prices are insane how is anyone suppose to be able to get decent anything any more D: . Starting out in pwi and playing less than a year is overwhelming, depressing, and a dam nightmare! I don't even know what to do, and what discourages me the most is I was advised if I can't afford the gear that all the high levels are wearing that cost over hundreds of millions of coins, I should delete my characters. Now that is crushing advice because it's not my fault that most feed into the b/s of what the game is today. If there are any REAL players who enjoy the game hit me up. To all you other people who are, "my toon is better than urs cuz i paid blah blah this and that for this sparkly ish on my a$$" can bite me cuz its about the passion of the gamer for the game, not look how awesome i look cuz I have the power, money, and greedy desire of a moron.

Real talk

~Lune~
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I would give anything for an old school server(pre-packs). Sigh...

this x a gazillion.

If they released a old school server pre-pack, I'd be in heaven.

I don't go to private servers, because they are all too extreme drop rate servers...

the game as it is now just doesnt interest me anymore.

EDIT: OH! I forgot about the y u hax?! bit LOL I just saw my cleric's response....that seems so long ago...I remember leveling that cleric up and doing endless delta's, TT farming and frost hunts with Deceptipoo....

Hrm :-/ *tear*

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The New Day Message i wish they would bring this back

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2009-06-1200-06-57rrr.jpg

My Old Faction and friends that have quit.
    http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2009-03-2814-00-21rrr.jpg
    http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2009-03-1917-41-32rrr.jpg

Edit: ^ going by these pictures as well the barbs.

yeah.... i was going through my ss folder and found some really old ones.

edit edit: what are you guys missing about pwi? from the old times.

Memories...

I miss all of this and more. Especially my old grinding days, when we would zhen & fish as well as solo and squad grind. Good stuff ;)
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I hated zhenning with a passion. Hell, even now, you won't catch me out AoE grinding unless I am really that damned bored.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Troller - Sanctuary
    Troller - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I miss Zhenning. :c It's fun for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Despite the name, only a part time troll. b:victory
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Where do I start?

-
    -When Tw's were fun and had emotion, I never forget my times at NWO. Gathering at one city....etc.
    -Now everything people do is FCC FCC FCC FCC FCC (I've done a few myself but because I felt bad that me who played for years didn't even have 1 sage/demon while new people have a bunch of them.)
    -The random wraith attacks (which were a good opportunity to gain some money.)
    -When attacks and stuff were simple before all this aps bla bla bloodtearshed 5.5 soul explosion stuff.
    -Friendly players.
    -Cheap gold prices
    -Waiting on fb19 entrances and keep asking to enter fbs to get experience.
    -The daily messages
    -GM events

All I can think of now.
    Tw was much funnier back then.
    Green: Sad that you will rarely meet much people with a friendly behavior, every time you log onto RT its filled with credit card abusers, people who think there all that, people who get ticked off for the littlest reasons, etc.
    Cheap gold prices were the bomb, i remember when gold charms were like 500k b:dirty and polar bear mounts were like 800k...
    What ever happened the gm events, i liked the "kill the gm event", was fun fighting those spawned bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Green: Sad that you will rarely meet much people with a friendly behavior, every time you log onto RT its filled with credit card abusers, people who think there all that, people who get ticked off for the littlest reasons, etc.

We thought it was bad here, if we look at the PvP servers, its 100x worse there on the credit card abusers, no joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • LucifersFury - Heavens Tear
    LucifersFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I remember getting my TT60 axes i was like OMG i am so godly now b:chuckle
  • RoriBelham - Lost City
    RoriBelham - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I miss that's 70s show. :<

and being known as a damn good cleric in pvp. at 7x tanking arma hits and axe bm sparks then kiting and rolling them....

aps is all you need now and pw is a play ground.

to all you aps players... get skill please. <3
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This thread makes me sad, because I agree with you all.

Someone needs to start a pre-TB private server.