supply stash -- lvl 50 weapon

Options
mums6
mums6 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
So what is this now??? Used to be lvl 50 supply stash gave u a new weapon that was PERMANENT...NOT temporary. You pay RL money for a temporary weapon that USED to be permanent? This is a joke. (April Fool's Day is over, PWI -- or hadn't you noticed.)

If I'd known that, I never would have opened the thing. When did this change? All of my other characters received a permanent weapon which some still carry. And, yes, that required a RL money purchased perfect hammer.

This is a joke.

Change it like it used to be PWI!

Kastellan
Sanctuary Server
Post edited by mums6 on

Comments

• HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This thread is new and exciting.

Go hit 60 and wear a TT60 weapon.
  • Veronikka - Raging Tide
    Veronikka - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes that's true PWI please put it like before we are PAYING for one temporary weapon and that is not fair!!! so Please change it.
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No one forced you to open the stash before, and no one is forcing you to open it now. If you are stupid enough to decide to open it that is your own fault.
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can see how the weapon being timed can be annoying. But, to be honest just invest that money you would have paid for the hammer into a TT weapon or mold. The stuff in the 50+ supply stash isn't worth the money at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    das7002 wrote: »
    No one forced you to open the stash before, and no one is forcing you to open it now. If you are stupid enough to decide to open it that is your own fault.

actually its not, if people are new to game.
    stop flaming trolls, actually its a value reason. i remember some still opened the stash with hammer, cause they wanted to know whats inside. for new players its hard to get into the game anyway cause they have no mains to support themself, thank you for your ignorance and tt60 comments. some ppl still actually do their quests, cause they dont have mains to solo their fc.

that the weapon is temporary, is new to me and doesnt make any sence. O.o another pwi fail.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    actually its not, if people are new to game.
    stop flaming trolls, actually its a value reason. i remember some still opened the stash with hammer, cause they wanted to know whats inside. for new players its hard to get into the game anyway cause they have no mains to support themself, thank you for your ignorance and tt60 comments. some ppl still actually do their quests, cause they dont have mains to solo their fc.

that the weapon is temporary, is new to me and doesnt make any sence. O.o another pwi fail.
    the OP stated "Used to be lvl 50 supply stash gave u a new weapon that was PERMANENT...NOT temporary." so they did know what was inside and what it used to be. we can tell that his person was not new to the game.

tho... it doesnt really justify PWI ninja edits on the gear :P I remember a couple months ago there was a good "Wat da F" thread on this change
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    News Flash:

The lvl 50 stash has never been and never will be worth the money it takes to open it, its a PWI scam to sell an otherwise pointless boutique item (Hammers) at a ridiculous price (sales included)
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    News Flash:

The lvl 50 stash has never been and never will be worth the money it takes to open it, its a PWI scam to sell an otherwise pointless boutique item (Hammers) at a ridiculous price (sales included)

It was INTENDED that hammers would be at around 5 gold at gold price of around 100K....which would make the hammers profitable to open chests, and supply stash (50 and 80).

Oc, dev's don't take into account that prices can fluctuate...amazing, lol. It took em 3 years to realize the chest of coins from Cube was a totally useless item...and again...amazing, lmfao.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the OP stated "Used to be lvl 50 supply stash gave u a new weapon that was PERMANENT...NOT temporary." so they did know what was inside and what it used to be. we can tell that his person was not new to the game.

tho... it doesnt really justify PWI ninja edits on the gear :P I remember a couple months ago there was a good "Wat da F" thread on this change

sorry but as he stated as well..his other alts still use it. means none of them most likely didnt even reach lvl60+ yet. so yes i consider it as new to game.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • CivicSouL - Heavens Tear
    CivicSouL - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    News Flash:

The lvl 50 stash has never been worth the money it takes to open it

Actually there was a sane era in PWI that they sold for a max price of 500-550k b:cryb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined PWI November 2008 :)
    Sin lvl 101 June 2011 (New Main after CC fix)
    Bm June 2009
    Cleric lvl 70 July 2009: DaExSaken

Retired from PWI August 2011
  • Wheridia - Heavens Tear
    Wheridia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    its lame they changed it -.- and people who say "go save for TT60" well blegh what to use in the meanwhile? and the poor people amongst us who barely can pay for the hammer have good use of the wep.
    Not everyone has a great guild who helps with TT and gives Weps.

so all the rich people should not be posting here >.>
    (kinda includes me. but whatever. i still think PWI messed up in some ways.)

maybe its time to get urself a monthly subscription to play :3
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    News Flash:

Actually it was. I opened mine when gold was around 130K and got super-uber unlimited magic sword which I used for long time. It was really worth it 2 years ago.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    its lame they changed it -.- and people who say "go save for TT60" well blegh what to use in the meanwhile? and the poor people amongst us who barely can pay for the hammer have good use of the wep.
    Not everyone has a great guild who helps with TT and gives Weps.

so all the rich people should not be posting here >.>
    (kinda includes me. but whatever. i still think PWI messed up in some ways.)

maybe its time to get urself a monthly subscription to play :3

Your reply is very much pointless.

TT60 weapons typically sell for 600k. If that is what you were spending to open your lvl 50 supply stash... Then I'm sorry, but the lvl 50 supply stash weapon is awesome for level 50. It's awesome for level 58. It's awesome for level 59. But a TT60 weapon is worlds better than that stupid lvl 50 stash trash.

The magic weapon has -3% channeling. That is quite insignificant if it is the ONLY -channeling gear you have on your entire character. Yet I used to see clerics running around in their late 70's with that weapon, and they have that weapon and nothing else with -channeling gear. The mattack value of the weapon you use effects your healing, both IH, Wellspring, Pureheart, and BB. A cleric with TT70 can very easily heal a poorly geared Barb through BH59 on Zimo. Using that lvl 50 stash weapon, it starts getting iffy, especially if the barb has low HP (say, they put a LOT of points into Str, instead of vit).

And thus, the lvl 50 stash weapon becomes a point of failure for people who think it's really awesome, and use it into their 60's, 70's, or even Fluffums forbid, their 80's. The weapons have nice procs for the daggers and axes. But the level 56 legendary daggers have the same proc, and are like 300k on AH for a decent set. b:surrender Plus, the 56 legendary dags have +11 Vit in addition to Holy (chance to regain 5% hp, which the stash daggers have), and higher weapon damage, and sockets, so you're going to be doing more DPH witht he legendary daggers vs stash daggers, meaning you will be getting more HP from Blood Paint.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    its lame they changed it -.- and people who say "go save for TT60" well blegh what to use in the meanwhile?

level 4x-5x legendary (mold) weapon, or a 3-star one if you can find one that's any better than a 4x legendary. this worked fine for my veno main, and is currently working fine for my wizard (highest-level alt). i have second-hand testimonies from a good many other people saying the same thing, at that.

and before you complain about legendary weapons being expensive on the AH, tell me which of them are five gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What's now the utility of a stash at and over level 50? About zero.
    The usefulness of a Perfect Iron Hammer? Next to nil... Except for the ones that crave to get a horn and end obnoxious instead of funny for a few seconds. b:laugh

I still wonder who bought an Iron Hammer when it was on sale, be it for personal use or for direct resale. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Zelura - Raging Tide
    Zelura - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Some said earlier, get to lvl60 and get a TT60 weapon, it might be good yes.. but there are some people that, becuase of work,school, or whatever else, aren't that active.
    And that suddenly their suply stash weapon is gone, is rather a sad(update) thing..

As someone earlier also said: "No one forced you to open the stash before, and no one is forcing you to open it now. If you are stupid enough to decide to open it that is your own fault."
    But... later on, you also get an hp/mp charm from the suply stash.. so it still is a good idea to open it.

As for my own opinion.. who on earth thought of the idea to make them timed?...b:beatup
    Don't want to be rude.. but if your someone who doesn't have much in-game $, and get a hammer from a friend to open the stash, your pretty much been stabbed in the back...

Boutique is a good way to make $ for the game company yes.. but REMOVE the supply stash and that stupid perfect iron hammer then.. because it's just wasted money..

I got a new graph card myself, so i can play full graph, and i'm in a faction which helps with lvling,bh's, and makes TT weapons for me, but still.. the game can/is (be) ruined for alot of people by certain new updates..

I've been playing for a long time.. it actually was a bit better before the supply stash.. yet.. the weapons were a good add to lvling.

If any gm ever reads this.. consider the stuff i said above, about removing the hammer/timmer/supply stash... tyvm.. or just post a reply of what you think..

Anyway... enjoy PWI and keep playingb:mischievous