Cape of elite leather ponder

TrueHarmony - Archosaur
TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Cleric
So i gots me elite leather set aside for when i lvl (i are lazah) and i was wondering , is this my end game cape more or less if i dont go after lunar(which im not going to). If it is ill socket extend it(it came out 2 -.-) and refine it sexily but if its just a place holder for something better i dont know of i wont bother.
Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TrueHarmony - Archosaur on

Comments

• Kayleigh - Raging Tide
    Kayleigh - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Cape of Elite Leather is by no means a bad cape. IT can basically be considered the cheaper version of Wings of Cloudcharger. Not Cloudcharger is a much better cape. but it can cost 60-80 mill or more depending on your server. I picked up a clean 4 socket cape for 10 mill on Raging Tide. Lunar Cape is a more offensive based cape. It Depends on if you are going for more -chan. Or more Phy defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Started March 2010
    Characters
    Kayleigh - 102 Sage Cleric
    KayTheBarb - 100 Sage Barbarian
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Basically, get it if you can't buy the Wings of Cloudcharger or the regular Wing Trophy for the pdef or HP cape. Or also if you can't find a team to run 89 Eden trophy mode for that pdef cape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Basically, get it if you can't buy the Wings of Cloudcharger or the regular Wing Trophy for the pdef or HP cape. Or also if you can't find a team to run 89 Eden trophy mode for that pdef cape.

yeah i have the cape already im just trying to decide if its worth highly refining etc etc
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    yeah i have the cape already im just trying to decide if its worth highly refining etc etc
    if you can 'highly refine' it, then its possible for you to save up for the better one in the future dont you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    if you can 'highly refine' it, then its possible for you to save up for the better one in the future dont you think?

Not really, cloud charger is like 100m just to buy, let alone shards and refines and sockets. Refining the elite leather is wayy less, and i have 2nd cast nirvana glaive to work on >.> lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just look at the stats of Cape of EL :

Phys. Res.: +240

HP: +105

Reduce Physical damage taken +2%

P.res is something clerics ALWAYS need. Extra HP...yay. And 2% dmg reduction is nice to have as well.

I switched from Cape of Tauran chieftan to Elite leather without thinking twice about it. This will probably be my endgame cape unless i get a Lunar cape from a pack i might open, or i get a Cloudcharger as a drop.

for its price it's quite a nice cape to have. 4 sockets on that and some decent sharding and you're set to go. And the cash you save you can spend on nirvanagear or even rank gear/weapon.

that's a win-win imo.

p.s. : refining it when orbs are on sale isn't that much of a cost later on. I do it in steps, get it to +6 and the rest later on.
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You are asking if Cape of Elite Leather is your end-game cape, it is not, since there are at least two better options in Wing Trophy and Cloudcharger (Lunar cape as well maybe if you like the -chan).

It is a good cape tho and you can easily use it for a long time till you can either afford a Cloudcharger, or a Wing Trophy cape becomes available.

I would not socket and refine it heavily tho, +5 and 3 sockets with G8 shards should be fine :)
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You are asking if Cape of Elite Leather is your end-game cape, it is not, since there are at least two better options in Wing Trophy and Cloudcharger (Lunar cape as well maybe if you like the -chan).

It is a good cape tho and you can easily use it for a long time till you can either afford a Cloudcharger, or a Wing Trophy cape becomes available.

I would not socket and refine it heavily tho, +5 and 3 sockets with G8 shards should be fine :)

read OP :
    is this my end game cape more or less if i dont go after lunar(which im not going to)

I suppose if he's not going after lunar, he'll probably won't go after the 2 others either since they're in the same price range (on DW at least).

Wing trophy : around 55 mill
    Cloudcharger : 60+ mill.

and like i said :
    unless i get a Lunar cape from a pack i might open, or i get a Cloudcharger as a drop.
    I think he's in the same position/opinion. (Lunar cape i meant wtLG)
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have this cape too, it's cheap and very good for PVE. If you want to PVP/TW, you might want a better one, though.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Not really, cloud charger is like 100m just to buy, let alone shards and refines and sockets. Refining the elite leather is wayy less, and i have 2nd cast nirvana glaive to work on >.> lol
    wow the prices on archo suck =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan