Are jobs worth it?

Hauen - Archosaur
Hauen - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Are jobs worth it? I dont usually get one because they're such a hassle.
Post edited by Hauen - Archosaur on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It depends really ^^
    I personally like having apoth lvld, just for the fact it has some nices items with it. However, if you join a nice faction and meet more people you can trust you'll see that some people have 1 or 2 crafting skills maxed.

It's not a must to have the skills lvld, however you would be able to create your own gear then at higher lvls instead of having to ask friends to make it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Soon or later we all gona need a job.
    As far my exp was on 5 jobs it depends of the pay I have worked started at 200$,
    and the best pay from my last later on job was 600$ it's worth it.
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Alright :) can i ask one more thing? For the tailor quest, I'm suppose to find 2 logs, is there any way to track them? Or am i gonna have to walk around randomly?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You can walk around randomly.. however... :3

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine/3074 < pw database is a really usefull website. Here are the coords of all withered tree roots(which give logs) on the map ^^
    It also contains info on a lot of other things :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Thanks again :D
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Even easier way to find mats, with out having to type, rofl. (For lazy people like me.) oO'
    http://phsycofaction.forumactif.net/t80-mats-database-info

But most people don't bother leveling there crafting skills until they hit around level 90ish.
    Unless you don't mind all the farming you need to do to get all the items crafted to level your crafting. Most people in there 90s just end up buying the mats and leveling it that way. But yeah, up to you. If you like farming or don't mind farming then go for it. :P Always a good thing to have.
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Well, ya see, now that I'm in Archosaur, i have no idea how to get armor >.<
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    At your level i wouldn't worry about armor.
    Just use the stuff you get from quests, until you can get rank gear, then TT gear and so on.
    Most people don't bother making items, they just buy it off other players or the auction house.

But if you wish to level your crafting skills then go ahead. o-o
    Just i wouldn't worry about the gear atm, and do the quest you get from the TB city since your a tideborn to possibly get a mold for a weapon. o;
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    What are Rank and TT gear? :o
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Rank gear = uber awesome gear you can get at a certain level, most famously 100 and 101, there's also lvl 30 and lvl 60...all that i'm mentioning. TT gear is where you go into a instance called twilight temple and farm mats to make armor, weapons starting at 60-100
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Rank gear is bought from a certain NPC after you earned a certain rank. It is class-specific and untradeable, but also untradeable via account stash. It is determined with reputation (which you can get from regular quests or with wraith officer's badges -25 rep at once- for example)... To buy the first type of rank gear, you have to accumulate 300 rep then see the commander-in-chief to get Rank I. He will also propose you to get rank I medal, but I suggest you keep it until you can claim Rank II, etc.
    I never needed rank gear myself, and it should only be useful at much higher levels. But again, getting reputation the normal way (quests) is sloooooooooooooow as hell... This is why people get badges and all. If you ever hear about R9, it's that kind of stuff indeed.

TT gear is obtained with materials you can get in TT (Twilight Temple, starting at lv 60 onwards). You'll then need to go to special forges to make your weapons, armors, accessories, if of course your crafting level is high enough, or you can buy those items from others. They are marked in green in their description and the weapons glow green.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    But most people don't bother leveling there crafting skills until they hit around level 90ish.

The panda would not recommend ignoring the crafting skills till later. It is actually fairly easy to level them as long as you do it along the way. Depending on your level difference from the mob that drops what you are looking for it will become exponentially harder to get what you need later on. If you are looking for something like.... lets say grease, killing the level 1 mobs for drops when you yourself are level 1 or 2 or 3 will be far more productive that attempting to do it again later when you are 5,6,7x etc.

While you can indeed look around catshops to find what is required to do it later, why spend the coin on something that can be done for free and will level with you as you progress throughout the game?

....and on a side note, who out there doesn't prefer to have their own name on their gear?

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    got to agree with the fuzziness on this one
    my sin is level 70, and has already crafted all the items for level 6 tailor, mainly from drops
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Alright then, another question (I wonder if this is considered spamming?) When i click that Encyclopedia button and press Gear for my level, i get Sorcerer's Robe of Lava. But the thing is, it doesn't tell me how to get it or what monster its dropped by. What does this mean?
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Apothecary has some really nice things you can make. I have mine at level 4, and I really haven't done anything but pick up herbs where I quest. Leveling it as you go is pretty easy, since you're in the area where the herbs grow anyway.

Not sure about the other crafts, but I'm sure they're fairly simple to do as you go, as well, since they'd require drops from certain level ranges--like Fuzzy said, it's pretty hard to get something to drop items when they're 40 levels below you, so you'd end up having to buy the mob-dropped mats from catshops in order to level the craft, if you waited to raise it until higher levels.

Apothecary's very helpful early on, as I'm sure the others are as well. Blacksmithing/Tailoring/Craftsman can all make items with bonus stats that would be extremely beneficial at low levels, and enable you to craft mold items at higher levels (which, again, would be very beneficial). It's really up to whether or not you want to take the time to level them--which will cost you either money or more time at higher levels.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Apothecary is the only thing i bothered leveling.

Everything else i didn't bother spending the time on farming, just get friends or anyone else to craft me **** when i need it. b:surrender

After spending numerous hours getting my crafting skills up on my bm i don't want to re-live that on my psyc.
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Too bad I don't have any friends XD Anyway (sorry for typing this twice but I'm REALLY curious) when i click the Encyclopedia button and press Gear for my level, Sorcerer's Robe of Lava comes up, but it doesn't tell me what quest to get it from or which monster drops it, what does this mean? :o
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Yes :o
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Does this mean I have to make it? >.<
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Mmm, i wouldn't bother with it tho it's going to cost more then it's worth having.
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Yay for running around nude! XD
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
  • NasirX - Heavens Tear
    NasirX - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Wait i'm confused. Like when you mean jobs, do you mean like quests? If not what are jobs then?
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    When they refer to "jobs" they are talking about your 4 manufacturing skills. Tailor for making gear, Blacksmith for making weapons, Craftsman for making ornaments, and Apothecary for making pills/potions.

All of which Fuzzy would highly recommend to level along with your character.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    When they refer to "jobs" they are talking about your 4 manufacturing skills. Tailor for making gear, Blacksmith for making weapons, Craftsman for making ornaments, and Apothecary for making pills/potions.

All of which Fuzzy would highly recommend to level along with your character.

Good luck crafting weapons/armors to lvl them up. b:laugh

Cash shop always has the solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yay for running around nude! XD

lol...? Sincerely, you can use the usual equipment at lv 22, even NPC ones will do (though you could find ones with added stats from others or monsters, if you are very lucky). I would not really bother with special armor (I then mean mold ones), until... let's say, level 60 onwards (TT ones, 3*, maybe molds).

Have fun with the game!
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    A job is worth it, not matter which definition of the word you mean.

If you mean job as in making your own apoth, ornaments, armor, and wep, yes it's worth it. It's also profitable if you buy mats, make the item, and sell it at a higher price.

A job as in working is also a good idea. If you donated $20 a week from your job to PWI, you would definitely be well off b:chuckle
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    If you donated $200 a week from your job to PWI, you would definitely be well off b:chuckle

:c Lol.
  • Hauen - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Alright alright, I'll get a job. Although cant guarantee that I'll actually have the attention span to level it XD