Pure Fist/Claw BM

Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Blademaster
Now Before Anyone Gets pissy about this thread/Post Please reread the Thread Title and the Read this Post. Before you Judge know I have played for 2 and half years and experimented with BM's and other Melee classes Before and Just never really got into the hang of it. So Here goes this thread.

I am Currently Playing a Fist/Claw BM Almost lvl 25 at the Moment. Saving Most of my Spirit for Said path skills only Working on a few things Like Golden Bell, The begining stun skills etc etc. After looking at Lysandra's guide and even the FAQ Threads and thinking about this over all I decided to experiment with the build abit. I am Doing a 5 Str and 5 Dex every 2 Lvls. After looking around and asking people on my Server 3 str and 2 dex (( I beleive that is the build, Not fully awake at the moment )) is the "Standard Build" For the chosen path I am going for.

My Question is this:

Is a 5 Str and 5 Dex every 2 LvL's To much or not enough, plus having not played alot of melee Classes What is the Pro's and Con's of doing my build in this fashion?

I know I need to find Dex and Vit Buff's for armor and such that is already in the works and has been thought out. My Main Concern is the Build I have chosen. Please Forgive my Ignorance on this subject and don't Flame me for asking what has been asked. Also Note I am not a PvP Player I never Dual and Mainly stay with mob hunts and quests.

Thank you for your time and help
Post edited by Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Pure Fist is fail. You won't be able to PvE nor PvP. You need axes for PvP so you can stunlock enemies, and probably for HF. And you need Axes for PvE. PvE is not only single target autohitting. You always have to clear groups of mobs and HF around.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    So your Saying that Every BM Has to Conform to a Multi Role and No BM Can Be Unique Choose to do what they Like?

It Seems To be That Everyone Has an Idea That we All have to Fallow the Same path as the Majority. However I wont start a Flame thread, This is Just one opinion thus far in the thread. Before I get to upset I will wait and see What others say. As I said before in my Starting post I DO NOT PvP there fore The Stunblock is not a Worry for me, Dualing and fighting other players ARE NOT A WORRY for me
  • Tenronth - Lost City
    Tenronth - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    3 str 2 dex per lvl, use all weapons...
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Thank you Tenroth for the reply But I know the standard Build.

I need to know the answer to my Build I have chosen. 5 str and 5 Dex. How can, if it can hurt me in the long run?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Thank you Tenroth for the reply But I know the standard Build.

I need to know the answer to my Build I have chosen. 5 str and 5 Dex. How can, if it can hurt me in the long run?
    Pure Fist is fail. You won't be able to PvE nor PvP. You need axes for PvP so you can stunlock enemies, and probably for HF. And you need Axes for PvE. PvE is not only single target autohitting. You always have to clear groups of mobs and HF around.

this has already been answered
    So your Saying that Every BM Has to Conform to a Multi Role and No BM Can Be Unique Choose to do what they Like?

It Seems To be That Everyone Has an Idea That we All have to Fallow the Same path as the Majority. However I wont start a Flame thread, This is Just one opinion thus far in the thread. Before I get to upset I will wait and see What others say. As I said before in my Starting post I DO NOT PvP there fore The Stunblock is not a Worry for me, Dualing and fighting other players ARE NOT A WORRY for me

Now yo pull your answer from the BM FAQ http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1033501

Can i be a good bm as pure sword/axe/pole/fist/bow/patakaAny single weapon build will suck compared to multipath (with rare exeptions like vit axe in TW) if you are considering this accept that no squads will want you ever. Its a game though so do w/e you like

no really, thats just how it works

"Hey you fist bm come fcc. no axes? GTFO!"
    "hey you come vana, no hf? *kicks for a sin*"
    "hey you come bh, you know what we all suck so bad you fit right in"
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011

No need to get upset. As others stated as well now, it won't work. If you want to do that roll a sin. I just told you the truth, not my opinion. If you don't want to accept it is not my problem.

Josh pretty much has all the info you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • So_Wet - Sanctuary
    So_Wet - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i think pure fists/claws is a great idea but u wud need like axes any lvl maybe lvl 1 axes just to cast HF and the minor skills tht requires axes stuns and stoff but pure fists/claws imo great idea wud work well if all in all R9 endgame or int
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hello World!
    Complete your First quest. July 30th 2009 b:victory
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    i think pure fists/claws is a great idea but u wud need like axes any lvl maybe lvl 1 axes just to cast HF and the minor skills tht requires axes stuns and stoff but pure fists/claws imo great idea wud work well if all in all R9 endgame or int

R9 fist BM? So wrong, armor has no -int on it and there is no R9 fists. Therefore you will not have enough hits per second to keep permasparking. Invalid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • DudeLupus - Raging Tide
    DudeLupus - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You seem very set on this 5 str 5 dex build, so if you don't mind us asking....why? You obviously want to use fists/claws, but you can do that with 3 str 2 dex every lvl. Why are you so dead set against using the proven build? It's not much different than what you're doing and it will make you MUCH more versatile. And with 3 str every lvl you have armor/axes covered.

So if you don't want to use axes, you don't have to. But following the correct build will pay off when you hit lvl 60 or so and can start aoe grinding, which you can't do with fists. You're gonna be with this character for a while, so why limit him from the beginning?

I use mostly fists/claws, and exclusively when I'm on my own. But the truth is bm's are known for their axe skills, so they will be expected once you get to lvl 40 and start doing bh with a squad.

And as far as I know, there really is no upside to having more dex than you need (other than maybe a slight crit% increase) and it will cause you to have LESS strength than you will need.

So really you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage from the beginning. Think it through a little more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    R9 fist BM? So wrong, armor has no -int on it and there is no R9 fists. Therefore you will not have enough hits per second to keep permasparking. Invalid.
    TT100 fists/nirvana claws

Tome

Nirvana legs

TT99 wrists

TT99 belt

Rank 9 boots and chest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    3str 2 dex is really 6str 4 dex every 2 levels so by doing 5str/5dex it means you have more dex than you need, and not enough strength for your armour.
    3str per level is the bare minimum you can get away with. Anything less and you'll have to wait several levels to be able to wear what you want to wear (or have tome and/or +str gear to help make up for it, but don't bank on it)

Pure fist wont be able to PvE due to one factor in groups: You have no HF.
    Other than that, don't plan on doing FF at level 80+ because all of FF but the bosses are AOEing with Axes.

Even mostly fists people (like me) should have axes even if they aren't up to your level. I personally use fists as my main then axe and pole on the side, though, they are all level 90+ weapons so they are level appropriate for me. (Axes for FF and HF, Pole for reaching things and GS)

HF helps the entire group out and is just about the whole purpose of bringing a BM along in a group instead of a sin (seeing as a same-aps sin can easily out damage a BM in DD)

If you truly JUST want to be quick DD. Do a sin. Really. They easily out damage and they have 1 weapon which with with the same aps as a fist bm do better. A bm and a sin punching each other to death (no stuns, just auto) sin wins hands down.

It's not to kill your creativity or anything. By all means feel free to do what you like. Just realize that you are limiting yourself in the game and as your role as a blademaster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    3str 2 dex is really 6str 4 dex every 2 levels so by doing 5str/5dex it means you have more dex than you need, and not enough strength for your armour.3str per level is the bare minimum you can get away with. Anything less and you'll have to wait several levels to be able to wear what you want to wear (or have tome and/or +str gear to help make up for it, but don't bank on it)

Pure fist wont be able to PvE due to one factor in groups: You have no HF.
    Other than that, don't plan on doing FF at level 80+ because all of FF but the bosses are AOEing with Axes.

Even mostly fists people (like me) should have axes even if they aren't up to your level. I personally use fists as my main then axe and pole on the side, though, they are all level 90+ weapons so they are level appropriate for me. (Axes for FF and HF, Pole for reaching things and GS)

HF helps the entire group out and is just about the whole purpose of bringing a BM along in a group instead of a sin (seeing as a same-aps sin can easily out damage a BM in DD)

If you truly JUST want to be quick DD. Do a sin. Really. They easily out damage and they have 1 weapon which with with the same aps as a fist bm do better. A bm and a sin punching each other to death (no stuns, just auto) sin wins hands down.

It's not to kill your creativity or anything. By all means feel free to do what you like. Just realize that you are limiting yourself in the game and as your role as a blademaster.

Somebody's talking out his ***. go read the basic, basic, basic, god damn basic of the guide again, now, shoo
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Love the hostility.

But, without taking to mind the way it was said, yes I was wrong, was a typo. Meant Axes not Armour. Armour is the 5 per 2 levels. (2.5/lvl)
    6 Str per 2 levels is the minimum for Axes*
    Which, you're rather useless without axes in squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    For one thing, 5 str and 5 dex is a multipath build.

I've never followed a set amount for my points. Just made sure I had enough for axes, and now claws at lvl 100.

I'm at around 300 str, 200 dex, 125 vit.

Notice all that Vit? I can still use every weapon and I spent a good bit on vit for HP/ defenses.

I never read any of these BM guides, they're complete rubbish and tell you just as much as a skill list would. If you look at the skills you'd see that you can have more AoE's and skills to play with in total than going down just one path.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    nothing can hurt you if you bother with what others say.

The good question will asking why are you going for more dex instead of str?

2nd question of cuz is do you have tome that can offset the lack of strength.

3rd question are you Willing to HF when requested.. or are you going to state you are a fist bm.. not an axe bm.

How you answer those question will determine how much 5 str 5 dex will impact you in the future.
    Its the man/woman behind the character that determine the skill of the player..not the gears and builds.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    TT100 fists/nirvana claws

Tome

Nirvana legs

TT99 wrists

TT99 belt

Rank 9 boots and chest

This would leave you with 4 APS sparked. I guess it should be fine ^_^.

By R9 BM I instantly thought of full R9. Of course if talking about R9 BM means that you will just partially wear the armor, it should be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • theheck3
    theheck3 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hi guys I want to make Axe\Fist build is 3 str 2 dex enough for me?b:cuteb:bye
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    theheck3 wrote: »
    Hi guys I want to make Axe\Fist build is 3 str 2 dex enough for me?b:cuteb:bye

yes. 3str/2dex is standart all weapons build.
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    5 strength and 5 dex every 2 levels is fine. You'll have more than enough stats to use all weapons. Now for what YOU want is a pure fist build. Currently you're closer to the all weapon build at 5 and 5. Why do you ask?
    3 strength and 2 dex will put you at an average of 300 strength and 200 dex without gear add-ons (gear add-ons are REALLY important to factor in.)
    At lvl 99 axes take 299 strength, while fists a little under 200, 192 for deicides if I remember right.
    Unlike sins, our damage for all weapons is based on our strength stat. Evasion, Accuracy, and Crit based on dex. So not matter what weapon path you "choose" you will always need strength and dex to use any weapon. I see no difference in 5 str 5 dex every 2 levels compared to 3 str 2 dex a level. Except for the fact your hp and resists will be very gimped at lower levels with no extra vit. But if you are making a twink and have access to good gear this is a very viable option.
    Like I said tho. Fists require around 200 dex at the highest levels. If you are going for a agile fist build I'd go enough dex for fists, enough strength for light armor, than the rest in vit for HP / resist boosts, or strength for more damage. Currently how you are going tho is not a straight anything build. It is merely another way for the multipath build that will leave you with 250 strength and 250 dex without gear at level 100. Which gives you 50 more dex than you need for fists/claws, and 50 less strength than what you need for axes. Neither of that matters tho because you'll hit the stats you need with your gear adds. (more with bonus stats, do you get those in this game? haven't played or leveled since 101 which was a looong *** time ago =D )
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It always come to my mind that people want to do pure fist / claw since lv 1, actually just wanted to taste high attack speed as fast as possible.
    Or they love martial arts.
    Or they likes extra challenge in leveling before end game.
    Or they want debate of *it's not useless / reckless build* forever.
    Or they can't see or don't want the benefit from majority build.
    Or loves to repair their weapon that quickly worn out since lv 1.
    Or found that it's much more satisfying to beat mob / people by personally punching them in close range.
    Or it's look cool.

Cools ^_^ !!
    Anyway good luck and i recommend 3 str and 2 dex. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • desolious
    desolious Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I am a 55 blademaster with fists and this is how i do it.

use the fists and wear light armor,
    if u reach 50 just upgrade to 120 DEX.

that's for fists of TT60.
    when u got it upgrade str till 60.
    u can wear heavy armor then.
    If reached 60 upgrade only dex for fists TT70 .
    Do not upgrade more then 50 VIT.

not sure if it works,if its not i'am ______.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    is there any guides for fist/claw BM's?
  • negativereaction
    negativereaction Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011

no. you can go sword only, seeker-style. however that doesn't mean you will be effective.