Poor mystic damage?

Options
aldusmischas
aldusmischas Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Mystic
This may be a noob threat, but there's something that has been bothering me for a long time. Mystic's damage. I haven't played with a mystic yet, but I've seen a few videos on youtube.

Could it be that at lvl 45 attacking with nature's vengance, they only do 1.5k damage? Taking into acount that he/she chose a pure mag build? Is this possible?

Please answer, because I want to roll one, but with that damage, it kinda makes me want not to play.

*sorry for my english*
Post edited by aldusmischas on

Comments

• Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nature's vengance has a channel and cast time of 1 sec, its cooldown is also 1 sec. It is easily spammable. Also, it is not the only damaging spell available. Mystics don't have a problem doing damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • aldusmischas
    aldusmischas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nature's vengance has a channel and cast time of 1 sec, its cooldown is also 1 sec. It is easily spammable. Also, it is not the only damaging spell available. Mystics don't have a problem doing damage.

Thank you. I makes me feel little better. What skill could replace nature's ?
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Use Nature's then follow with absorb soul, that does plenty damage for a quick 1, 2 combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    my mstic lvl 36 be doing 1.1-1.3k-ish damage with Nature's highest so far is 5.8k with NV> AS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Don't pay too much attention to low lvl damage. You usually don't have any good gears. I'm lvl 100 and I do around around 15k damage with NV, and my Absorb Soul does around 60k to 70k with NV's amp :)
  • VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver
    VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I pure magic build and fairly nice gear... With the Jones Blessing I hit for 7.5 to about 8.5k with Nature's. On Gluttonix in BH59 with Spark and Rapid Growth I've spammed 12k+ dmg lol. They're damage isn't as massive as other classes but it's fast for an arcane. When you factor in your attacks, your pet's attacks, your poison sting's attacks it's actually not that bad. Like what... 2.5aps?
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Don't pay too much attention to low lvl damage. You usually don't have any good gears. I'm lvl 100 and I do around around 15k damage with NV, and my Absorb Soul does around 60k to 70k with NV's amp :)

yeah i know about the low level stuff compared to the highlevel damage, i was just saying what my lvl 36's was, because the OP was talking about the damage of a lvl 45. so it is very true, of course everyone's damage gets higher at higher level; go figure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mystics got no problem doing damage. most times in my squad if we got cleric and i'm on DD duty i'm the top DD. my pet always steals agro from everyone else if the barb dosent use roar or flesh ream or the seeker aint using lord of sword. my lvl 10 natures vengeance hits bout 6k~7k on mobs and i can spam it easily. my bramble tornado hits bout 8k and its at lvl 1 xD so just imagine how hard it'll hit at lvl 10. my mystic lvl 77 with HH70 wep +4. absorb soul does bout 20k with natures vengeance amp. and thats just me attacking not counting the damage from my summon yet. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
  • Mugler - Lost City
    Mugler - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's not poor damage! Seriously? I like mystic damage the most of all class. AS and Thicket are the most strongest skills. b:thanks
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mystics have very good pve damage, actually. Its in pvp where mystics start to encounter some scaling problems. But you don't have to worry about that unless you're going for full R9 or w/e. Our 2 biggest nukes, cragglord and Thicket, only receive 50% benefit from attack levels. While thicket will still be our hardest hitting non-crit skill endgame, a nature's vengeance crit will actually do more when you have 90 attack levels.

You can fix that partially by getting lvl 100 skills. That's not an easy feat however. You have to kill bosses in TT3-3, 3-2, 2-3, 2-2, and others, as well as doing a full GV delta run *twice*. Then the skills by themselves cost 50 million, of which you need at least 2 to be effective. So that's 100 million right there just for 2 skills.

Anyway despite all that mystics still nuke for very good damage. Just don't expect to be destroying waves of people and having everyone fear your spells like psychics and mages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • BiWinning - Heavens Tear
    BiWinning - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I always lol when Burnout posts :). Mystic is beast in PVP, Not sure what build or if you know how to PVP or not but you dont need R9 and all that stuff :) L2 Pvp if you require all that.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I always lol when Burnout posts :). Mystic is beast in PVP, Not sure what build or if you know how to PVP or not but you dont need R9 and all that stuff :) L2 Pvp if you require all that.

Learn2read b4 you make a dumb reply, please.

I just said that mystics don't scale as well with R9 as some other classes do. That means...ummm...my advice is to rock Nirvana and save some money.

Get some pvp exp or prove you even have a 100 mystic fighting end-game geared people before saying random things.

Lvl 74 mystic rocking duels /= lvl 100's pvp'ing endgame, 'nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Rofl? Oh lets judge a character on PWI, theres only one PW? coulda fooled me, baboon on a rage..L2 game.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Rofl? Oh lets judge a character on PWI, theres only one PW? coulda fooled me, baboon on a rage..L2 game.

Did you lose to me in pvp or something? You seem really bitter. Anyway show me you actually know something, or just shut up and stop looking like a fool.

Thanks in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2011
    Options
    Aww look how e-tough you just got? You beating me in PVP? LOL, I don't play Harshlands as you can clearly see. Judging by your signature, you take a lil too much e-pride in this game. Self proclaimed west arch troll? ROFL, funny kid. How would you like me to show something with text? Dull minded children shouldn't be allowed to post.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Aww look how e-tough you just got? You beating me in PVP? LOL, I don't play Harshlands as you can clearly see. Judging by your signature, you take a lil too much e-pride in this game. Self proclaimed west arch troll? ROFL, funny kid. How would you like me to show something with text? Dull minded children shouldn't be allowed to post.

oh look BiWinning cant buy teles so he trolls from forums xD thats priceless there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options

Ok, then I'll just assume that you're angry at life and have to take it out on forums by being a useless non-contributing member who tries to troll people to boost his own self-confidence.

Is that an accurate assessment of your life? Because you certainly haven't posted anything that would merit respect or acknowledgement from anyone here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i swear, its the mystic forums that are always so aggressive these days... lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer