Fox Form

2»

Comments

• Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    this is why i beleive that games should have a 2 month memebrship requirement before being able to post on the forums.

this right here is just yet another case of a brand spanking new player suddenly popping up with an idea that they ignorantly and arrogantly think everyone would follow them like lambs with. and when people who been in the game for a while trys to tell them why it won't happen the new guy would run on and on even being a bit smug in the process. this basically paints a big *** target on their back that shouts "FLAME ME." i speak from experience, i've done this myself on several browser based games and got burned. you know what happened? after a few days i would realized that the more experienced players were right.

GMs themselves stated point blank that it most likely will not happen. what is the point of even running on? look at the other thread that have over 15 pages of players agreeing. hell look at the page for rubberbanding 18 pages long and STILL no fixes. if your going to play this game you MUST accept the fact that PWE's does not give a damn about what the player wants. they rather make all sort of packs and sell them. you could probaly count on one hand how many times PWE implemented an idea from the playerbase.
  • Animancer - Raging Tide
    Animancer - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    this is why i beleive that games should have a 2 month memebrship requirement before being able to post on the forums.

this right here is just yet another case of a brand spanking new player suddenly popping up with an idea that they ignorantly and arrogantly think everyone would follow them like lambs with. and when people who been in the game for a while trys to tell them why it won't happen the new guy would run on and on even being a bit smug in the process. this basically paints a big *** target on their back that shouts "FLAME ME." i speak from experience, i've done this myself on several browser based games and got burned. you know what happened? after a few days i would realized that the more experienced players were right.

GMs themselves stated point blank that it most likely will not happen. what is the point of even running on? look at the other thread that have over 15 pages of players agreeing. hell look at the page for rubberbanding 18 pages long and STILL no fixes. if your going to play this game you MUST accept the fact that PWE's does not give a damn about what the player wants. they rather make all sort of packs and sell them. you could probaly count on one hand how many times PWE implemented an idea from the playerbase.

If you're going to insult me, try using the correct words first... I clearly stated that every organizational body is required to appeal to their consumers. If they do not, they lose customers and lose money because of that. This idiotic belief that developers only care about money and radicalization is absolutely ridiculous. The people that are saying their opinion holds little or no weight are the ignorant ones. The people that are saying no matter what happens, nothing will change are the arrogant ones...

I made this post with an idea. People took it upon themselves to insult me when I didn't want to revive two-year-old threads. This is something that people would like, which has been said. If you can't bother to come up with a reasonable post as to why this shouldn't happen instead of why it wouldn't happen, then stop posting in this section and go take your hierarchy attitude back to the game.

Do you think that this "rubberbanding" is as simple as you're assuming it to be? I looked into it a bit and it's probably a flaw within the game's connection which is done by incomplete packets being send and not completely received. The fact that it's done when you jump onto something furthers this because the character data isn't transmitted to the server correctly and holds the character in a position that exists spit off from the normal movement protocols. If you have the slightest clue how to fix this without damaging the way characters move in the process, be my guest and enlighten the developers...
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If you're going to insult me, try using the correct words first... I clearly stated that every organizational body is required to appeal to their consumers. If they do not, they lose customers and lose money because of that. This idiotic belief that developers only care about money and radicalization is absolutely ridiculous. The people that are saying their opinion holds little or no weight are the ignorant ones. The people that are saying no matter what happens, nothing will change are the arrogant ones...

1. We are not saying nothing will change, we're saying this suggestion won't help it change. A company is required to to appeal to their customers > true. However, there's not a single company that will appeal to ALL the customers needs. Pwi is making money not of only fox form... >_>" have you seen the red chat in game? That's people, opening THOUSANDS of packs, everytime one of them gets lucky it's being shouted. I can assure you that 99% of the people who play pwi won't leave over a small thing as fox form not being a cat form when you're a cat. If you don't like the fact that you transform into a fox, be a caster. All in all you only need 2 fox skills for squads and that is amplify damage and later on purge.

I made this post with an idea. People took it upon themselves to insult me when I didn't want to revive two-year-old threads. This is something that people would like, which has been said. If you can't bother to come up with a reasonable post as to why this shouldn't happen instead of why it wouldn't happen, then stop posting in this section and go take your hierarchy attitude back to the game.

Fine, it SHOULDN'T happen because than you **** up the Chinese mythology. You seem to read posts only half. As I said, you can't go around asking people to change their fairytales that have been around for ages because YOU don't like them.

Do you think that this "rubberbanding" is as simple as you're assuming it to be? You think changing the graphics of fox form would be so easy, if you read into a bit you'll see a lot of things that need to change then. 1.The transformation animation. 2. the skills might not fit anymore. 3. The skill interface will have to change to avoid overlapping text. 3. The skill descriptions will have to be made different for each different type of veno and should also apply once one uses a makeover scroll. 4. The running animation will have to be changed accordingly. 5. Ofc they will need game designers for this and devs to program it all. They can't make that money back with this sole change, so it won't happen. I looked into it a bit and it's probably a flaw within the game's connection which is done by incomplete packets being send and not completely received. The fact that it's done when you jump onto something furthers this because the character data isn't transmitted to the server correctly and holds the character in a position that exists spit off from the normal movement protocols. If you have the slightest clue how to fix this without damaging the way characters move in the process, be my guest and enlighten the developers...

answers are in red.

Also, if you want to be a class that has pets and don't want the trouble of transforming in a fox. Play a mystic. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm going to say it one more time......It's, Not, Going, To, Happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Maybe we should just let her rant on her own here and all leave... then the topic will go down the page soon enough :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    just because something should be done doesn't mean something would be done.

the lamp pole across the street i live on should have a light in it how ever, the ppl charge would not put a new one in.

given today's level of tech, there should be more cures for illnesses, but there are not because the big wigs have more to gain from treatments rather than out right curing.

people SHOULD try to be more civil (looks at lady buffer) but we all know not all of them would.

my cake that's in the oven right now as i'm typing this SHOULD come out perfectly, doesn't mean it would.

you can't turn around without seeing something that SHOULD be different but it isn't.

while most would love this idea to be implemented, it just isn't a big factor that would effect whearher or not a player would quit because of it. the game has THOUSANDS of players of those thousands, a tiny faction may just quit (honestly i doubt anyone would quit the game for this issue i'm just using this to form some statistics) that tiny fraction that quit would be replaced by new players in short order. so why should PWI change this for the handful of people who won't accept the fact that they simply don't want to change it?

as for the rubber banding. considering there was a time when it didn't exist, i think they should be able to somehow back track to see what the difference is. it started happening from 2009. it's 2011 now. that's a mighty long time to fix any bug, and it's my understanding that there are bugs still present from the day the game started, however i have no clue if this is true or not. we don't see fixes but we DO see added content and that's great, sadly the added content sometimes comes with bugs of their own.

it's also not just the rubberbanding. there are a few balancing issues as well but they don't seem so keen on addressing them. aps, sins being OP, barbs not being able to hold aggro, and several other problems would take priority over this.

if you don't mind my asking, why does this minor cosmetic anomaly bother you so much? it's just a game lol. before this, it would be MUCH bettter to revamp the veno beast tree, they really don't have any noteworthy skills outside of amp and purge lol
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2011

people SHOULD try to be more civil (looks at lady buffer) but we all know not all of them would.

l

who me?b:avoid

i tried being civil and saw that it ain't goin no where. so i decided to throw civility out the window because quite frankly, the OP seems to be extremely naive in thinking that a company MUST cater to EVERY want of EVERY player. as stated by waterfal, there is no business that does that. remember when the packs first came out? they were only going to last a month but they wouldn't take them off. players begged endlessly for PWE to take them out (correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it those packs that drove the price of gold up to 900k from the old price of 100k?) but instead they officially made them permanent. the OP also loves to dance past the more valid post like those made by kaze and waterfal. to top it off the OP tries to make it sound like it's such a big deal and that PWE would lose oh so much money when in reality, as you yourself stated, people are highly unlikely to quit due to something like this. it's as silly as saying i'm going to quit cos motorbikes are in the game now (i hate those things with a passion lol), or saying i'm gonna quit cos the older characters don't look as good as the newer ones.

P.S can you teleport some of your cake to meb:cute
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think a better way than arguing about it is just to have an organized petition, signed by all who want it changed, and then submit it to PWI. Companies hate organized requests for change, because it shows EXACTLY how many people are asking for it all at once, and it also shows people will go the extra mile get make that change happen.

Sending tickets here and there are easily ignorable, and are a poor way to handle something like that. Making a Facebook page to attain a certain number of likes for a certain cause, now that'll get you somewhere b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dat necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Please try to avoid posting in non-stickied threads that are over a month old. This is called a necro and against forum policy.

... And in the case of this almost 2-year old thread, most everything in it will be irrelevant or outdated to someone looking through now. Especially considering that there's a general untamed revamp coming towards us sometime soon.

Anyways, closed for zombie.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.