Hi guys. Noobie here :D

Options
hordecai
hordecai Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
First off I greet you all very warmly. I must admit I am a WoW player at lvl 85 end game. Recently my gametime ran out and I couldn't afford to buy another 2 months sub so I looked for a F2P mmo.

I tried a few, Allods online and Runes of Magic were my choices. However after playing them both a little I found them to be kind of dull and repetitive. To be honest they are like clones of WoW. I quickly became bored and so looked for another mmo to play.

Then I came across this little gem. Now I've just started so I have no idea about end game or dungeons or raids as I haven't done much. But from what I see here the community seems very nice and very helpful. Not 5 minutes had gone by when I logged my 1st toon when somebody asked if I needed any help with anything. Which made me very warm and fuzzy haha :D

From what I have played I must say I am really feeling this game. The locations look gorgeous, the quests don't feel like I'm grinding along and to be fair I kind of like that feeling of being a complete noob again having just started fresh. There is quite a lot in here and it's quite overwhelming for me at the moment.

But to sum up I just wanted to say hello to you guys and wish you all well. I'm really glad I got this game and am looking forward to hitting the lvl cap. (If anyone knows the lvl cap please tell me)

Best wishes & thanks for reading :D
Post edited by hordecai on

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Level cap is 105.

Yes, this game looks pretty awesome, and when i started playing i did find a lot of helpful people on the way. I hope you enjoy getting up to level 10X. This game has it's faults due to the boutique and the ability to spend money to become OP which is kinda sad (not the fact that people are spending money, but the fact that you can spend money to OP). Also the GMs don't care much about fixing anything but carry on making sales so we can spend more money. It just got to a point where it's starting to become irreversible, I can't see a future where this games bugs will be fixed and a little more fair for everybody.
    Don't get more wrong, i'm not QQing, just informing you^^

I still play this game because it does have it's good points, and if you get into a nice faction it makes it a lot more enjoyable.
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Welcome...Level cap is 105. Don't expect to get there unless you pay, sweety :3

damn, pyth ninja'd me...stupid assassin, lol <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What they said^

Don't expect to get very far without being a hardcore merchant or cash shopper.

Good luck though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • saintedge
    saintedge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Welcome hope you enjoy your stay
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Welcome, and no, you can get far without cashshopping. Use your brains to merchant, get into a GOOD faction with helpful people (no self-centered ones) and you'll hit high lvls in no time.

Dedication, brains and some common sense get you very far. and patience oc. Have fun.

p.s. : don't focus to much on what others "have", just play your way.
  • Reimari - Heavens Tear
    Reimari - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lots of people got far with out cash shopping ijs >.> anyway welcome to PWI b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:heartSig by the Beautiful Dorsetb:heart
    ♪Take off your skin and dance with me
    cut out your tongue and sing for me
    I know that you'd do anything
    just to sink your teeth right into me♪
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not far enough to compete with all the R9's :DDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lizrau wrote: »
    Welcome...Level cap is 105. Don't expect to get there unless you pay, sweety :3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first 105 was supposedly a Free2play player. Dunno how true that is, but ijs.

TO OP: Welcome to the game & my advice don't be too focused on reaching max lvl or being on par with those who have been playing/charging for a long time.
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yep, an assassin. OP much? .___. Unfortuantely, other classes can't solo fc D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first 105 was supposedly a Free2play player. Dunno how true that is, but ijs.

TO OP: Welcome to the game & my advice don't be too focused on reaching max lvl or being on par with those who have been playing/charging for a long time.

Yup, the first 105 was Kitamura who was confirmed by GMs to have never cash shopped. Of course this never stopped jealous kids from going "Well obviously he cash shopped on an alt and transferred the cash to his main"
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I didn't mean for this to turn into a cashshop blah blah blah thread again, was just stating a well known fact
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• hordecai
    hordecai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes ^^

I'm here to just have fun to be honest guys, nothing too serious. I mean is it mandatory you use the boutique for things you need or is it actually possible to bypass it and still be at least in some way able to raid and still blitz content?
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yep, an assassin. OP much? .___. Unfortuantely, other classes can't solo fc D:

lolwut?

I can solo FC just fine. Takes me a few hours since I'm vit build, but is still do-able.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Options
    My point was Sins do it a lot faster .__. Didn't mean to say no one else could do it xD sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    My point was Sins do it a lot faster .__. Didn't mean to say no one else could do it xD sorry.

Em a bm with the same aps can do it just as fast as a assassin they just can't do 'stealthy stealthy' and run past everything, but there HA so it's not that much of a problem with the mobs mainly with HF. About as many bm's solo FCs for people as sins. As well as the new 4-5apsed barbs/archers can also solo FCs easy enough.

Any who, to the OP.
    Welcome to the game, i'm sure you will have lots of fun, even if you don't plan to charge your credit card you can get to 100 with out a problem. Things in the boutique aren't really 'necessary' to have that you just can't live with out, things in the boutique are just a little add ons to make you seem 'cooler'. Such as fashion/better flyers/mounts/charms/etc...all of which can be purchased from other players or the auction house with in game coin.

That and the sin who hit 105 with out supposedly ever cash shopping isn't that 'hard' to believe....it's a sin just farm Nirvana/TT/Solo FCs for money like a crazed person and you'll get the money you need quick enough....ijs.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    About Kit and never cash shopping... has anyone considered she was gifted things?

I know a person who has never spent a dime in game but has had 100's of dollars spent on her by her in game husbands..so that isn't out of the realm of possibilities. I mean, I know myself I have bought my in-game wife a few things (paid for the marriage, a pet, weapon, etc)

But it is possible if you play the right people. Heck I see people all the time paying 100k or so just to tele to help them open TT. It adds up. And Sins can solo faster because they can stealth to shades, boss, shade, boss whereas BMs and others have to clear the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I find no respect in people that use others in MMOs for items.
    I know some girls/guys one in particular that makes me want to strangle her.
    She build a lie around her life a new lie to each person she meets, how everything's so hard blah blah, and gets 100$+ from the guys monthly. Sickens me.

And true for the clearing FC on any other class other then sin, but at level 102+ on a BM it goes by rather fast to clear those unneeded mobs.

But yeah, this threads getting full of more spam then helpful suggestions/welcomes/etc. xD

Btw, OP what server did you choose?
    What are your opinions on PVP?
    Are you a PVP player or a PVE player?
    (:
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

still a wizard is the 4th (or 3rd?) to reach lvl 105 ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    still a wizard is the 4th (or 3rd?) to reach lvl 105 ^^

4th i think, then another sin followed after to reach 105.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Run away and run fast.

Sure, the game doesn't cost anything to play... until you approach end-game. By this time you've enough time invested that PWE basically knows that you'll either quit or spend money. Most likely, you'll have grown attached enough to spend money. There is enough competition and envy in the game to spur many people to spend a few thousand dollars (which is not considered very much here).

Your reward for spending lots of money or farming 24/7? Regular bi*ch slaps from the devs.

If you have no problem playing 8-10 hours a day, spending $10k+ or playing till you're 9x, giving up and rerolling a new class until you hit 9x again, and repeat it, this game is for you.

There is no such thing as a new player who can get or do everything that hasn't spent any money in the game. All the very successful free to play players obtained their riches by farming or merchanting did so before PWI made it much more difficult to survive without paying lots of actual money.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Eh, i wouldn't fully agree to that.
    You don't have to spend 'a lot of money' on this game.
    Just watch AH and how the prices of gold drop and rise get a feel for it and from that can earn decent money over time. Cash shopping is meant for people who don't have much time to spend on the game daily or people with low patience.
    It may take ages but it's not necessary to actually charge your card to get items you want/gear you want just takes good amount of time. Reaching 100 with out charging your card isn't impossible, even with out getting freebies from other players. I know a user who got i think 4 or 5 characters to 100 with out cash shopping thus far. Of course after 100 it becomes in more need to cash shop to try to 'out do' other players and what not...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Eh, i wouldn't fully agree to that.
    You don't have to spend 'a lot of money' on this game.
    Just watch AH and how the prices of gold drop and rise get a feel for it and from that can earn decent money over time. Cash shopping is meant for people who don't have much time to spend on the game daily or people with low patience.
    It may take ages but it's not necessary to actually charge your card to get items you want/gear you want just takes good amount of time. Reaching 100 with out charging your card isn't impossible, even with out getting freebies from other players. I know a user who got i think 4 or 5 characters to 100 with out cash shopping thus far. Of course after 100 it becomes in more need to cash shop to try to 'out do' other players and what not...

Because they played the game when the ways of making money easily still existed.

Start a fresh server without anything and try to get a few chars to 100 now without spending money or a lot of time. Forget about having decent gears and decent refines without cash shopping or spending a lot of time farming or merchanting.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • unnknow
    unnknow Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Get ready to invest 3000+ dollars if you wanna hit the lvl cap.if i were you i'd choose a game that doesnt sell power.
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Too Much Too Long To Read

Quick

This Game Will Be More Expensive Than Wow, Trust Me.

Free To Play. Pay To Continue To Keep Up With Gears And Skills.

Especially Level 80+
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Because they played the game when the ways of making money easily still existed.

Start a fresh server without anything and try to get a few chars to 100 now without spending money or a lot of time. Forget about having decent gears and decent refines without cash shopping or spending a lot of time farming or merchanting.

It all depends on what character you roll.
    Yeah things where easier years back when 1 gold = 200k or less.
    But as the market stands now it isn't awfully hard to level to 100 and get decent gear. (Sure you can't get the best gear with out putting out some doe or farming a lot.)
    Level to 100 is easy with out spending much money.
    Getting the gear you need at 100 can be difficult if your a character such as a magic based character that can't really solo certain things to earn faster coin or nirvana. But still is possible. Even with the crazed economy of 1.2mil = 1gold.
    Like i said takes time, aint impossible.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options

Quick

Especially Level 80+

Ehh i wouldn't say this games more expensive then WoW....
    But that all depends on your ability to merch, and the way you play i suppose.
    That and from lvl 80-90 only money i spent was on my gear around 30mil-35mil. To get 4/3 socket armor with +2 / +3. Getting my TT90 that is. All the skills by 80 you should have as is, except the 79 skills. Even then 79 skills aint that costly 2mil+ at most.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Quick

Especially Level 80+

To OP..

Do not get discouraged by this. I barely cashshooped except getting married, a faster flyer and the random gold selling for extra coins. But I have hmmm..This char, a lvl 85 barb, lvl 71 seeker, lvl 69 cleric, lvl 57 veno, so I switched a lot..And helped a lot...Doing faction members fb/bh/bosses and whatnot..Getting on cleric to rez or fly high above watching health for a emergency drop healing...Just chilling reading world chat.. Having concentrated just on 1 char, I say I could have farmed it all.

It did take me a lot of huors though to get all those chars to that level with "ok" gear but it is doable..Unless u come here to purely PvP, forget teh remark from the one who said to put 10k in game. If u are a PvE at heart, u can farm dungeons for more then adequate gear for monsters or even find hidden gems in auction that sometimes have pretty near same stats as more high-end gear for like 1/10 of the cost.

Hope u enjoy your stay. i personnaly still love the game and I started March 2010. Sure some quests become repetitive if u make many alst, but how many other MMO's have totally different quests for all chars...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • LadySam - Heavens Tear
    LadySam - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Leave till it`s to late b:shocked
    This ain`t F2P b:chuckle