Fox Form

Animancer - Raging Tide
Animancer - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestion Box
Hello,

I recently made a Venomancer because I like being able to tame creatures and change shapes. Fox Form is very neat and I like being able to go into melee with my pets. I don't like, however, that I can't change myself into a cat like my avatar and can only turn into a werefox. I noticed that it also applies with Barbarians not being able to turn into what their avatar was.

Why is this? I believe it is that the current game's mechanics forbid altering spells because simply the way the avatar looks, but maybe that should change? I want to turn into a cat, not a fox, when I have my Venomancer looking like a cat. b:cry

Sincerely,
A concerned Venomancer.
Post edited by Animancer - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zidannie - Heavens Tear
    Zidannie - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This issue has been addressed like, five million times, it's most likely NOT going to happen, your a werfox.. poinyt blank....it sucks, we know.
    Zidannie Skylar, Yup that's me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's been talked about a million times, and they are never going to change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Animancer - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    This issue has been addressed like, five million times, it's most likely NOT going to happen, your a werfox.. poinyt blank....it sucks, we know.
    lizrau wrote: »
    It's been talked about a million times, and they are never going to change it.

If it's in agreement that it should be changed, why won't it be changed?

Likewise, any organizational entity that ignores the request of their customers if the base for change is high is not an organization that succeeds in the long-term. If the desire is enough to merit the change (I'm assuming it is, since you both said it is), then why would PWI not bother to change it?
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Because, they aren't going to change it unless PWCN changes it, which is not going to happen because they don't care about the players, they just care about money; it's a fact, and I don't want anyone to argue with me, and if you do you're just lying to yourself.

In China where the game is based, Barbs no matter what type they are change into a White Tiger because it's symbolic in China.

As for the Venomancers, I have no idea why they only change into a Fox, assuming it's symbolic as well, since I am not Chinese. Nevertheless, I do agree that it would be nice to change into your appropriate form, but in all honesty, it's most likely never going to happen; seeing as it's been talked about since the beginning of this game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zidannie - Heavens Tear
    Zidannie - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have no idea tbh...they granted us some great new classes... so i could care less about veno changes lolz!
    Zidannie Skylar, Yup that's me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Because, they aren't going to change it unless PWCN changes it, which is not going to happen because they don't care about the players, they just care about money; it's a fact, and I don't want anyone to argue with me, and if you do you're just lying to yourself.

In China where the game is based, Barbs no matter what type they are change into a White Tiger because it's symbolic in China.

As for the Venomancers, I have no idea why they only change into a Fox, assuming it's symbolic as well, since I am not Chinese. Nevertheless, I do agree that it would be nice to change into your appropriate form, but in all honesty, it's most likely never going to happen; seeing as it's been talked about since the beginning of this game...

If people say that it should be changed enough, then it will likely be changed. This is true with every game. If you decided that they aren't going to change it and give up, then it will never be changed...

Whether it's symbolic or not, it doesn't govern the mind-set of the players. I could just as easily assume that a wolf symbolizes hostility and aggression as much as a panda symbolizes long life, both are traits that are shown when a Barbarian goes into battle. Symbolic or not, it's not right to just label something and call it perfect. b:surrender
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    this has been suggested before. and been shot down every single time. this will most likely not come to pass. the whole all barbs and all venos turning into one animal is part of Chinese lore.

the white tiger in china is the king of the beast, the venos turn into a fox based off of a tale of a woman who sudussed men and could turn into a fox (if i'm not mistaken, venos were originally described as seductresses as well). if they were going to change it to please the players, trust me, they would have done so by now. it's a very very VERY minor issue, one that can be overlooked, it doesn't effect gameplay so just accept it.
    edited May 2011
    this has been suggested before. and been shot down every single time. this will most likely not come to pass. the whole all barbs and all venos turning into one animal is part of Chinese lore.

the white tiger in china is the king of the beast, the venos turn into a fox based off of a tale of a woman who sudussed men and could turn into a fox (if i'm not mistaken, venos were originally described as seductresses as well). if they were going to change it to please the players, trust me, they would have done so by now. it's a very very VERY minor issue, one that can be overlooked, it doesn't effect gameplay so just accept it.

Regardless of the symbolic meaning, it's a slap in the face to be able to choose an avatar looking like one creature then only being able to change shapes to resemble a fox or tiger. I choose a cat-like avatar, but I turn into a fox when I change shapes. It doesn't make sense to me and people should stop saying why it would never happen and start saying why they would like it or dislike it. b:infuriated

It's affecting how I play the game, so I will assume it's affecting other people as well. For the same reason that poorly designed spell animations change why people use the spell, this deserves a consideration to alter it.
    edited May 2011
    LMAO if something as simple as a comsmetic design affect how you play then prehaps you need to get yourself checked out. explain EXACT how not turning into a cat is affecting your gameplay. there isn't a player whould mind if they did it, but seeing how this has been suggested from the day the game lunched (in 2008 i think. long time huh?) and the fact that GMs themselves stated that it won't be done in the forseeable future, all this heavyly suggests that it WILL NOT happen.

there are far more importent things for the devs to be looking into besides something as minor a cat girl turning into a fox. rubberbanding, failing in game economy, and other bugs that TRULY affect gameplay. ever been stuck in a rubbanding glich and can't get out unless you log off? and had to do it repeatedly?

one last thing lets sit down and remeber, THIS IS A FANTASY GAME. serously, if you going to QQ about the unrealisticness of a ANIMAL-girl turning into and animal she clearly does not represent, then why not QQ about how unrealistic it is for a guy to lunch things like a water dragon at evil monsters? in the end you'll still end up with the exact same skills and the exact same gameplay.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As said, it's been discussed over a million times. And even though it's a shame, it's not going to happen.

It's clear that you are new to pwi... A lot of suggestions just won't happen. As stated before, if something will change, it will change first in the chinese version of pw.
    Only 1 time pwi changed something because the player base wanted it. That's with the horns. They were taken out of the cash shop because the player base wanted them out.

However, changing something like this takes a lot more work then putting something in or out of the cash shop.
    Even though it's a shame. It's never going to happen, unless it happens in the chinese version first. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
    edited May 2011
    LMAO if something as simple as a comsmetic design affect how you play then prehaps you need to get yourself checked out. explain EXACT how not turning into a cat is affecting your gameplay. there isn't a player whould mind if they did it, but seeing how this has been suggested from the day the game lunched (in 2008 i think. long time huh?) and the fact that GMs themselves stated that it won't be done in the forseeable future, all this heavyly suggests that it WILL NOT happen.

there are far more importent things for the devs to be looking into besides something as minor a cat girl turning into a fox. rubberbanding, failing in game economy, and other bugs that TRULY affect gameplay. ever been stuck in a rubbanding glich and can't get out unless you log off? and had to do it repeatedly?

one last thing lets sit down and remeber, THIS IS A FANTASY GAME. serously, if you going to QQ about the unrealisticness of a ANIMAL-girl turning into and animal she clearly does not represent, then why not QQ about how unrealistic it is for a guy to lunch things like a water dragon at evil monsters? in the end you'll still end up with the exact same skills and the exact same gameplay.

It makes as much difference as having fifteen identical spells that did different things. which would be dull and boring, making people want to avoid it... Since I started playing, I mainly see Venomancer walking around, having their pets tank everything while they hit with spells. In this, I stick out because I turn into a Fox and attack with my pet. People, at my level range, are ignoring Fox Form's use and I ask why, which the only reasonable conclusion I can come up with is that the dull, singular appearance isn't appealing to some people.

Yes, this is a fantasy game. I'm sorry if I want my cat-neko to look like a cat-neko when I change forms. >_>
    As said, it's been discussed over a million times. And even though it's a shame, it's not going to happen.

It's clear that you are new to pwi... A lot of suggestions just won't happen. As stated before, if something will change, it will change first in the chinese version of pw.
    Only 1 time pwi changed something because the player base wanted it. That's with the horns. They were taken out of the cash shop because the player base wanted them out.

However, changing something like this takes a lot more work then putting something in or out of the cash shop.
    Even though it's a shame. It's never going to happen, unless it happens in the chinese version first. b:surrender

Again, it's a bad business model to ignore customers' requests without merit. There isn't really a point not to allow shape shifts to be affected by your appearance, so it has a chance to be implanted into the game.

Perfect World is still a business, not an ethnic group demonizing whatever they don't believe in. On top of it being a business, it's a multinational business organization, making it necessary to take opinions from all groups in order to make the game more pleasing for everyone. To ignore the English-speaking minority (or majority) would not only go against international laws, it would also cause players to leave. I don't think a game that as successful as this one would do something like that, so I still have a firm belief that there is a chance to allow changes to a game mechanic like this, aesthetic or not.
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    FYI unless you're LA or HA veno, foxform is useless if you're just whacking at mobs.

And one more last time, THEY AREN'T GOING TO CHANGE IT!! IT'S JUST HOW IT IS!! WE'VE ASKED THEM FOR OVER TWO YEARS...IT'S NOT HAPPENING, I'M SORRY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    which True Form would you give the Demon (Bat Wings) or the Dragon/Qilin (horns)?
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    A....Bat?? and...A Kirin?? XDD! Exactly! The only things that would actually make sense are the foxy and kitty. Just be a fox...and you'll turn into a foxy ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2011
    A....Bat?? and...A Kirin?? XDD! Exactly! The only things that would actually make sense are the foxy and kitty. Just be a fox...and you'll turn into a foxy ._.
    which True Form would you give the Demon (Bat Wings) or the Dragon/Qilin (horns)?

The Demon-like avatar could easily resemble a black creature with four legs and small, bat-like wings. The horned one could also resemble a deer-like creature (I thought it was an antelope. O.o)

Are you sure the horned one isn't supposed to be an antelope? As far as I am aware, a Qilin has one horn, not two.
    FYI unless you're LA or HA veno, foxform is useless if you're just whacking at mobs.

And one more last time, THEY AREN'T GOING TO CHANGE IT!! IT'S JUST HOW IT IS!! WE'VE ASKED THEM FOR OVER TWO YEARS...IT'S NOT HAPPENING, I'M SORRY.

I didn't want to be off from the normal way mage-like users play in order to further my idealistic preferences. I still build myself like a normal Venomancer, I just put two points into strength/vitality every two levels. Even then, I hit as hard/harder than normally so far and I don't use nearly as much mana in the process.

With that kind of attitude, it's no wonder people say nothing is change in accordance to the English-speaking forums... If there was a huge uproar to make the skies purple in order to make a healthier playing environment, the developers would probably do it because at the end of the day they're trying to please the customers so they can get money in their pockets.
    edited May 2011
    In this, I stick out because I turn into a Fox and attack with my pet. People, at my level range, are ignoring Fox Form's use and I ask why, which the only reasonable conclusion I can come up with is that the dull, singular appearance isn't appealing to some people.

people don't play as ware foxes due to the fact that it's a melee form, something that clashes with a few needed skills. to use the fox form affectively you need to have points in STR and even then, the skills themselves are not that great not counting the the one or 2 debuffs. when you do this you hurt the amount of hp you can heal on your pet so you'll need to be more carful with your pet. it's my understanding that it's only fesable to go light armor or heavy armor at end game on a veno, altho i don't know how true this is.

so stop assuming people don't like veno fox forms cos of how it looks, the simple reason is cos the skills are not that great for the common play stle most players use. amp and purge are the only real notable skills i can think of that is good from the fox form, and most venos have these debuffed to use on mobs then turn right back to human form and start casting spells. veno spells are harder hitting than their fox form attacks (expeaclly at lower levels) so naturally people would prefer to use the spells. the handful of venos that use fox forms are normally high levels with money to throw around to get good gear and refine them to make up for the fact that no veno skills don't use a percentage of the venos attack. you need only look at the skills you have between forms and you'll see that the fox form skills just isn't up to par.

and i'll say it again. in the face of the larger issues that need to be dealt with, this doesn't even deserve a rank.
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    PWI doesn't care about its players wanting Venos to be changed, or for that matter, any of the other problems of this game. People are still buying things from the cash shop, and that's all that matters to them. I seriously doubt this would make ANYONE stop buying from the cashshop.

/please end this thread before it gets more out of hand unnecessarily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lol i rather they fix that darn rubber banding glich that was arounf from 2009 lol.

and for the record players DID riase hell about it on several occasion. the simple fact of the matter is the devs just ain't gonna change it. PWE has a huge track recod of not listening to their players.
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Anything we yell about, they aren't going to change. I was surprised when they took out the Horns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2011
    PWI doesn't care about its players wanting Venos to be changed, or for that matter, any of the other problems of this game. People are still buying things from the cash shop, and that's all that matters to them. I seriously doubt this would make ANYONE stop buying from the cashshop.

/please end this thread before it gets more out of hand unnecessarily.

If you're so insistent that your opinion holds no weight, then why bother even coming onto the forums and even giving your opinion? Leave people that actually think something can be done to post here, you can stay and post on your third-party site with other people that agree with you...

People like you are the ones making this topic go out of hand unnecessarily. If you'd like to stay on topic, don't post why it wouldn't happen and start posting why it would be bad. If you can't think why it would be bad, why in the world are you arguing that it's never going to happen?

I've said what I thought and people agree with it. So far no one has said it'd be a bad implication, the only disagreements is if it would be implanted or not. Now, the only thing that needs to be done is a moderator needs to see this, give some feedback, preferably pass it on to a developer, then we can get an official response from them. Until then, arguing that it won't happen because you understand the self-destructive mindset of a businessman who doesn't care about his customers doesn't solve anything.
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    I am staying on topic, for the fact that it's not going to happen, that's the topic! IDK if you know how this game works, but, these mods work in California. This game is based in China. Even if they do see this, they aren't going to pass it along, because if the Chinese were going to do something in the past 2 years or more this has been complained about, they would have already. Sorry to disappoint you, it's not happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2011
    lol welcome to the game. you shall learn the ways of PWE soon enuf young grass hoppaaaaa.xD don't be surprised if this post gets locked lol.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    2 words why they won't change
    Chinese Symbology.

1.Not everyone has expressed agreement over changing it and .
    2.They aren't ignoring the request of the customers.It's more of the customers ignoring the culture of another country after they implement it into a game
    3.Go on trying forever to change this.I reckon I'd see banning of accounts after repeated warnings and threads being deleted/closed for spamming.
    4.Like I stated above,it is symbolic to China and its culture.This is a game based in China.So therefore,to them,it is perfect.Just as you have differing views,they also have theirs and naturally,they would follow their own culture which they have grown up in
    5.How they run their business is up to their higher management to decide.If they think it would work,then if it fails,it's their fault.If they succeed,it's their merit.
    6.There isn't really a point to allow shape shifts to be affected by your appearance because,again I must say the same 2 words.Chinese Symbology
    7.What international laws would they have broken?
    8.People aren't gonna leave all because there's something weird like this happening.Not all players are playing this game because there is such a cosmetic oddity.
    9.I lol at the thought of a cosmetic change having any positive or negative effect on a game where there are other features.You speak of it as though it was the only feature in the whole game.

Also,read the sticky thread:Official--Suggested Rules of the Suggestion Box
  • WritersBlock - Sanctuary
    WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Blah blah blah...not going to change. Would I like to turn into a kitty? Heck ya's! But if they changed it...they'd have to change it for A LOT of people. Imagine how long that would take not to mention redoing all the animations...on top of other things that need fixing. It's not a priority nor does it affect gameplay so it's suuuuuper low if not even on the list of things to do...I'll admit I don't know a lot about game creation/graphics/animation, but I'm sure it takes more effort than pressing a button.

Oh! And then people will complain that the "fox form" skill (and the mentions under each of the "fox form" skills) should be changed to "cat form" or "antelope form" or "bat form."

Oh! And it's done for the venos...it'll have to be done for the Barbs. And there's STILL the fact that Barb's can't change their headgear/wear toupes.

Complain, complain, complain...

Things don't go the way you want it to and there have been a lot of threads on this...not going to happen. Deal with it. The End.
    b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
  • Flyboai - Heavens Tear
    Flyboai - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    this thread need to be locked and die already. the fact that everyone agrees that it will not happen shows how pointless this old question is. and the ignorance of the OP knows no bounds and before even stopping to learn about the game in detail he/she is just gonna jump up and run on about things he clearly can't prove and just run off making assumptions.

if fox form was really hurting PWE's business so much, they would have done something about it by now, after all, it's been suggested since day one and i'm pretty damn sure that the devs in china had to have seen at least SOME of the QQin by now. and this affecting gameplay? wtf kind of stament is that? how in the world can a COSMETIC feature effect actual gameplay?

if your that pissed about not turning into a cat, then roll a fox veno problem solved
    edited May 2011
    Well three pages of why this wouldn't happen have managed to accumulate. I have yet to see one comment to why this shouldn't happen, barring technical issues which can easily be addressed.

Changing a spell name and reworking a mechanic within the game while adding something new takes, maybe, two weeks in a ten-man team, counting translations. Something as small as this would probably only take an artist, a programmer or two, a translator, and a beta test to work out the kinks. How long it would take it dependent on the people of course, but it's just crazy to think that technical issues would cause this to be kicked down into the "pointless" section.

Why there wouldn't be (or isn't, apparently) any people working on bugs or small improvements within the game is beyond me. But, as far as I can tell thus far, people are more interested in saying that this will never be passed instead of saying that this wouldn't be a good improvement. To me, that only indicates that this isn't a bad idea, people are just being asses to me for suggesting it and having my own opinion.

I'll be sure to avoid the forums from now on, have fun ruining other people's days. b:bye
    edited May 2011
    sad to see you up and go. but as kaze pointed out this is a game based in china so they won't change their use of the lore in their counrty. i'm fairly certain that most people would welcome this change however the general playerbase accepts that the game is based in the lore of another country. it's accpeted over there so they won't change it overe here. reguardless of how much people call for it, the devs in china won't change it, they are just that hard ***ed about it.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Animancer, a lot of people do agree with your statement. However, a lot of us(including me) have been playing this game for 2 years and got to know the company a bit. We learned how it works.

If we want a change like that here... players in china will have to complain about it. It's not in the power of the people in the California office to change such things. They get the patches from China, translate them and then add them to this version of the game.
    So even if we stand up and tell them we want this, they simply can't.

Also as been stated, this game is Chinese, and is based on Chinese mythology. You can't just go around telling them "hea I don't like that story, change it for us! If we all stand up, they'll have to change it!"
    You don't go around telling people: "hea! I don't like it that snowwhite meets 7 dwarves! I want them to be giants instead! If we all stand up! they might change it!"

(yes I suck at giving examples, but whatever)
    Both stories have been there for ages, and they won't change because people stand up and yell they don't like it. If you don't like the mythology behind a game, then either don't play it, or make your veno a fox one...

(srsly, our tails are so much fluffier anyway... (yes my avatar says I'm not a fox, but I am :3)
    b:cuteb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    it's a very very VERY minor issue, one that can be overlooked, it doesn't effect gameplay so just accept it.
    To YOU, maybe. Personally, it's why I never get Fox Form on my non-fox Venos, and why I don't even bother leveling Barbs. If Barbs could turn into the corresponding animal, they would be my most favorite class. The question is... why add non-fox non-white tiger animal forms to the Untamed if they can't transform into them?

I can look by homosexual marriages not even being addressed by the devs. I can even overlook female characters not being able to carry anyone even if they have enough STR. But this issue is where I draw the line. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well three pages of why this wouldn't happen have managed to accumulate. I have yet to see one comment to why this shouldn't happen, barring technical issues which can easily be addressed.

Changing a spell name and reworking a mechanic within the game while adding something new takes, maybe, two weeks in a ten-man team, counting translations. Something as small as this would probably only take an artist, a programmer or two, a translator, and a beta test to work out the kinks. How long it would take it dependent on the people of course, but it's just crazy to think that technical issues would cause this to be kicked down into the "pointless" section.

Why there wouldn't be (or isn't, apparently) any people working on bugs or small improvements within the game is beyond me. But, as far as I can tell thus far, people are more interested in saying that this will never be passed instead of saying that this wouldn't be a good improvement. To me, that only indicates that this isn't a bad idea, people are just being asses to me for suggesting it and having my own opinion.

I'll be sure to avoid the forums from now on, have fun ruining other people's days. b:bye

1.You totally ignored my post that pointed out discrepancies.
    2.This won't happen.Period.No matter how much you want to,the developers are fixed on it.
    3.PW-CN has been known to not fix alot of much more important bugs and technical issues.
    4.This isn't a technical issue.It doesn't have an serious implication on the game itself.Rubberbanding is a technical issue.Get it right.This issue itself is simply a cosmetic change to suit your wants.
    5.Reasons why this is a bad idea
    a)If they start charging for it,no one would bother buying it anyways.Knowing PW,they would charge for it
    b)Would require people to make new models and getting approval from what it looks like takes forever
    c)Some would not benefit.For example,someone made a wolf barb but preferred to use Tiger Form would not be able to.He might prefer to be a wolf in human form and tiger in True Fom.Ditto for all the others who prefer 2 different forms
    d)Possible bugs that will not be fixed as quickly as you like it such as wolfs changing to tigers or lions.
    6.The common idea why bugs aren't fixed is cause PW is a money grubber and couldn't care less about the players.
    7.3 pages is nothing.There was a race suggestion that spanned many pages but it was never brought up or mentioned by a GM at all.
    8.You have not brought up a single benefit other than your own pleasure.This just makes me feel you're just selfish.
    9.People are being asses trying to make you understand why it would never happen.Nobody said it was a bad idea.Saying that it has no flaws means it's a good idea
    10.Unless you can disprove my points in my previous post and this post,you're the so-called "***" here
This discussion has been closed.