the sleeping dragon

Options
Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Wizard
alright wizards listen up, its time to claim dominion of pwi.

everyone with a wizard alt needs to start using them in dungeons more, everyone else needs to roll a wizard and discover more about this amazing class

i'm sorry for all of you who tried to be a wizard and failed, maybe now that you have more experience playing with the easy classes you can handle being a wizard.

i have no idea what everyone else's experience with wizard is (obviously since i'm not you), but i've out dd'ed every other dd i've ever squaded with. the only exception is a player who is more then 10 levels higher then me. yes i've out dd'ed a bm who was 10 levels higher then me. honestly the only class i can tip my hat to in terms of raw destroying everything in its way power is the seeker.

so honestly for all those who go qq wizard fails, qq seeker fails.
maybe you should try playing one from the beginning of the game, instead of skipping to the end of the game, you will learn that if you don't suck as a player then the seeker and wizard can really own face.
patience is a virtue
Post edited by Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I was frustrated with my wizzard now she is my full-time merchant. Granted it was my first character and the build was probably not perfect but I used to have to run from multiple mobs, not engage buffed mobs and had to med every 4 or 5 kills.....

I now play a veno main level 80 and have not med'ed in 80 levels plus I can fight 3+ mobs my level at a time and I don't have to run from buffed life, defence, attack, resist mobs!!

Even my alt Mystic is more fun that my wizard ever was.

I have heard that at higher levels wizards are more fun but just getting to level 40 was a bad experience for me.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    alright wizards listen up, its time to claim dominion of pwi.

everyone with a wizard alt needs to start using them in dungeons more, everyone else needs to roll a wizard and discover more about this amazing class

i'm sorry for all of you who tried to be a wizard and failed, maybe now that you have more experience playing with the easy classes you can handle being a wizard.

i have no idea what everyone else's experience with wizard is (obviously since i'm not you), but i've out dd'ed every other dd i've ever squaded with. the only exception is a player who is more then 10 levels higher then me. yes i've out dd'ed a bm who was 10 levels higher then me. honestly the only class i can tip my hat to in terms of raw destroying everything in its way power is the seeker.

so honestly for all those who go qq wizard fails, qq seeker fails.
    maybe you should try playing one from the beginning of the game, instead of skipping to the end of the game, you will learn that if you don't suck as a player then the seeker and wizard can really own face.

.. try playing a character for more than a few weeks before making a fool of yourself on the forums. Kthx.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    oh lookie.. this thread again. newbie wiz gonna set all the endgame wizzies straight.

There is a reason why wiz's arent wanted or needed in instances, we simply dont deal enough damage on bosses compared to other classes, not even half of their damage on average if I had to guess.

Once you hit 9x/10x come back, until then i'd stay away from forums for your sake. Your making a fool out of yourself.

now ill post in big letters so the dimwitted may look no further:

6x GAMEPLAY DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO BEING COMPARED TO ENDGAME GAMEPLAY
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i think you are missing the point so let me restate it.

stop being a tool and just play a class because it is interesting and fun. if you play a class simply because it does more damage then any other class then you are a fool and have failed at gaming.

if you have a lv100 plus character then that is all fine and good. maybe its time to try playing a class that is more difficult?

if taking 5 more minutes on a boss or dungeon really bothers you, then perhaps you should go play a first person shooter. plenty of instant gratification to be had there.
    patience is a virtue
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a fail newbie D:

I agree bro. I agree.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    methinks the nub is missing the point..

lots of people stopped playing their wiz not because of difficulty but because they were fed up being excluded from squads by APS classes who would prefer to have a full squad of 5aps (with bloodpaint most aps don't even need a cleric - keep hitting and keep healing) and run through the dungeon two or three times in the same time it would take a more traditional squad to do it once. The ex wizzies would rather play the game with an aps char themselves, and be able to take part than to get so fed up of being excluded they quit altogether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    oh lookie.. this thread again. newbie wiz gonna set all the endgame wizzies straight.

There is a reason why wiz's arent wanted or needed in instances, we simply dont deal enough damage on bosses compared to other classes, not even half of their damage on average if I had to guess.

Once you hit 9x/10x come back, until then i'd stay away from forums for your sake. Your making a fool out of yourself.

now ill post in big letters so the dimwitted may look no further:

6x GAMEPLAY DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO BEING COMPARED TO ENDGAME GAMEPLAY

b:cuteUnless you are a sin. The way you play at 6x is how you play at 105 (spark auto attack)
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Why was my first thought when reading the thread title "whisper -> bids? >_>

Mizu you noob, why aren't you coming to LC anymore? D:
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Why was my first thought when reading the thread title "whisper -> bids? >_>

Mizu you noob, why aren't you coming to LC anymore? D:

School > Game. I go on break in 5 weeks though D:
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    in the low levels, gush pyro outdamages sins and bm's, but once they start getting -int gear, the world changes. you dont get it man. youve never responded to teles saying "LF DD"....get no response, and then see they SAME tele again. and im not even a high level yet, i hear it onloy gets worse. i play my wiz for fun, but still, no one wants me in a squad. im more or less an exp leech when i go into any instance now.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It always sucks when the nooby wizard that thinks he knows our class better than the endgame players is from your own server...

Oh well, next week it'll be some wizzy from HL saying that wizzies have no excuse for losing to sins because he beat a 4x sin with his 4x wizzy.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Or next week bloodmystic will start posting again and putting shame to everyone on Arch server?
  • Fribles - Lost City
    Fribles - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fail developers are fail developers. They should just remove - channeling and interval gear and let people play the game the way it was meant to be played. The only thing that should even have - interval and channeling should be rings and other jewelry, or just none at all to be frank. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cash shoppers in PWI b:surrender
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fail developers are fail developers. They should just remove - channeling and interval gear and let people play the game the way it was meant to be played. The only thing that should even have - interval and channeling should be rings and other jewelry, or just none at all to be frank. b:bye

And who are you, that you - instead of the developers - decide how the game is meant to be played? And what's actually wrong with channeling gear? Why is having -chan even a problem and why is it wrong to have it on weapon instead of rings? I also find the way -int works debateable, but it is not you who decides how the game is meant to be played.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

ohaider random lvl 64 cleric. So how do you know how the game was originally meant to be played again?
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wizards are the motherflippin' best class in the game.

All silliness aside, here's a vid of why I'm always going to miss playing a wiz in TW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywu7b2x3sC8

There's no music, so just put it to uhh some Mozart or w/e trite classical pieces they play in luxury car commercials.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options

All silliness aside, here's a vid of why I'm always going to miss playing a wiz in TW.

There's no music, so just put it to uhh some Mozart or w/e trite classical pieces they play in luxury car commercials.

Why is the wizard hardly ever using CE, even when they are inside his base but did not yet open up BBs and he had the chance to drop at least 1-2 more ults. And why is he not trying to seal the eps out of their BBs? >_> Dropping ults on targets with 50% damage reduction is not THAT smart...

• Fribles - Lost City
    Fribles - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And who are you, that you - instead of the developers - decide how the game is meant to be played? And what's actually wrong with channeling gear? Why is having -chan even a problem and why is it wrong to have it on weapon instead of rings? I also find the way -int works debateable, but it is not you who decides how the game is meant to be played.

I said -channeling gear because why just get rid of melee intervals? Then all the non -chan players would complain. b:chuckle
    If they meant to make the game purely for fist smacking, then why would they have other classes and skills that are not based on this? The experience is meant for a cooperation and tactics of different types of players, hence the different classes. That's the whole experience behind a dungeon raid. It allows technique to flow in. You can't call spark, whack and smack technique now can you?
    I guess I should have been more clear, -chan and int should not be in the random stats of equipment upon making them.
    I'm always happy to help the trollsaurus's understand how intelligent they actually are. b:pleased
    I go through countless threads with people QQ'ing about not getting a party and being useless. This is a solution for your tears, unless you just want the game to continue to be "broken" so you have more QQ'ing to do(maybe you just like to QQ? b:dirty).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cash shoppers in PWI b:surrender
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Why is the wizard hardly ever using CE, even when they are inside his base but did not yet open up BBs and he had the chance to drop at least 1-2 more ults. And why is he not trying to seal the eps out of their BBs? >_> Dropping ults on targets with 50% damage reduction is not THAT smart...

I think he wanted to drop a BT on them to stop them lol.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

no music is a good thing
    everyone can play their own music
    and people from narnia, like Xeggiepoo (Arenaceous) and me can watch that video too
    i like potato
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ew. That wizard isn't too good, but at least he's not brainless. Such a waste though when he was tab targeting random DD as there are catas on their towers. Yay gonna BT a single person!
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think he wanted to drop a BT on them to stop them lol.

Honestly, a cleric in full buffs should not that easily get one shot through BB, even with a R9 BT. And if he has time to channel a BT, he should also have the extra second to channel FOW followed by BT for double damage output against the targets. And am I right that he is R9 but does not have sage FOW? :S It's not the best skill, but that's kinda sad...

• Sconzy - Archosaur
    Sconzy - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    For a moment i thought he was a demon wiz from how he was spamming BT. Anyways, tw doesnt count when we say wizards r useless, TW is not a PvE content.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options

Reminds me of why I stopped being sage.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This thread seemed to vear off into a aps vs caster argument basically like:
    methinks the nub is missing the point..

lots of people stopped playing their wiz not because of difficulty but because they were fed up being excluded from squads by APS classes who would prefer to have a full squad of 5aps (with bloodpaint most aps don't even need a cleric - keep hitting and keep healing) and run through the dungeon two or three times in the same time it would take a more traditional squad to do it once. The ex wizzies would rather play the game with an aps char themselves, and be able to take part than to get so fed up of being excluded they quit altogether.

I didn't stop playing wiz to play an aps: I stopped to play a caster veno. Outside of a single instance: (Nirvana), my wiz is rarely excluded from squads even though it's ****. I have no problem getting BH's for it done. Clerics, Mystics and even Psychics are doing great in the game along with venos. Up until Seekers came out: wiz's were still highly sought for RB (still are atm).

It's also not just aps excluding you: it's you excluding each other! The aps toons are playing so freakin' stupid lately that they have no real advantage over casters. Sins that would rather kill themselves stealing aggro from bosses than being bothered to cast Subsea Strike, or BMs that sit there wasting time luring 1 by 1 when they used to freakin know how to AoE!

5aps is over rated. The wiz class just plain sucks for PvE unless you want to sit around DB'ing your life away. Each class has it's strengths and weakness's and Nirvana isn't the only freakin' instance in this game.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Reminds me of why I stopped being sage.

Sick of having enough chi to constantly drop ults? Ya it sucks :(

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sick of having enough chi to constantly drop ults? Ya it sucks :(

No sick of pyro > gush > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > BIDS > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > master li > BT > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > cloud eruption > MS

Most efficient way to play a sage wiz in TW.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yaeh now you can use stone rain on wizards and hope to stun them! :D(i do that, there is always hope!)

recently aquired Emberstorm and plan to suicide with it!
    i like potato
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No sick of pyro > gush > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > BIDS > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > master li > BT > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > pyro > gush > cloud eruption > MS

Most efficient way to play a sage wiz in TW.

I like being Artillery ^_^ Also you forgot the occasional fows. And Sutra on cata barbs. And Stone Rain. Also as a demon wiz you dun drop ults? :O

• HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i think you are missing the point so let me restate it.

stop being a tool and just play a class because it is interesting and fun. if you play a class simply because it does more damage then any other class then you are a fool and have failed at gaming.
    i guess on your lvl you dont see the problem- the wizard which was originally intended to be a magical damage dealing class based on DPH has completely lost its function in the game because
    a) you get outdmged by any physical DD and APS char
    b) you get outdmged by a psy who can use more spells that hit nearly as hard as yours when not harder in black voodoo + they got soulforce skills
    c) since seekers vortex is around wiz dont even have the best zhen skill anymore
    d) to get a wiz working you need relatively more funds compared to other classes
    in other words you need to spend more to reach the same outcome
    if you have a lv100 plus character then that is all fine and good. maybe its time to try playing a class that is more difficult?
    there is no "difficult" class in pwi that requires the uber player skill there are just more popular ones and ones that are extremely easy
    if taking 5 more minutes on a boss or dungeon really bothers you, then perhaps you should go play a first person shooter. plenty of instant gratification to be had there.
    here again you dont seem to see the difference
    while other classes are able to solo instances and runs you will have hard times to kill normal mobs in the same dungeons with same stuff. So even if your dmg with a spam skill (gush, pyro) is 20k ( which will require real good stuff) the skill will consume 1 s fixed cast + lets say with -50% chan 0.5s chan = 1.5s in total for 20k a phys aps char with 5 aps will maybe only hit for 5 or 8k per hit but will do 7 hits in the same time = 7x5= 35k
    so you are outdmged by 15k dmg in 1.5s so imagine how large the dmg dif will be in 10s or 20s. And i didnt even calculate crits. - so i guess the prob of most wiz is that pwi didnt gave wiz a way to get as much dph like the other classes have dmg in dps

greetz harm0wnie
This discussion has been closed.