Heavy Armor Mystic?

Yui_ - Harshlands
Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Mystic
Lemme start off by saying this is by no means a serious post.

I was pking outside silver pool the other say and saw a couple geared casters (Both Psychics) that were wearing HA. It got me thinking, would a Mystic wearing HA be viable in the least in pvp?

I'm not sure if there damage would be any threat because of the less magic but Verdant shell mixed with HA sounds very tempting lol.

Like I said, take this thread with a grain of salt. But what's your guys opinions of it? And just for fun lets through LA Mystics into the fray as well.
YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
Post edited by Yui_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    theres nothing wrong with testing it out.

effort wise, for me, i wouldnt wanna fool with it. you gotta stat around you gear, and also need certain types of gears to get up enough STR/MAG requirements.

if the attack is weaker, so will the summons. but, taking storm mistress for example, shes pretty strong as it is, so, with her helping along, your DMG could be decent.

i have seen very few LA mystics. i cant say how well they do, though. i am only guessing that their attack is a bit lesser than a VIT build, a bit more p.def and a bit less m.def. but maybe a LA mystic can step in here on that one ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    no, just no. i don't think i could deal with the mana drain.... o_o *gets on pwi calc*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    lizrau wrote: »
    no, just no. i don't think i could deal with the mana drain.... o_o *gets on pwi calc*

Sounds good. get us some stats and report back.

I just have this image of a high refined HA mystic fully buffed with chyiu Energy leeched wailing on a Sin/BM.

But most often things look more attractive through rose tinted glasses. b:chuckle
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lizrau wrote: »

that's why mana food is your friend ;D
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    OH LORD....ENERGRY LEECHED CHIYH+VERDANT+OTHER PDEF BUFFS = INVINCIBLE MYSTIC??? -dies-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Until they get tempested, or hit with an earth/fire skill and can't heal themselves for **** assuming they didn't get one shot.

Your pets would have good pdef and thats it. Your heals would suck, your mdef would be slightly better than a barbs as far as water/wood res, and you wouldn't be able to even equip a decent mag weapon so you'd have to use...or thats right you can ONLY use magic weapons so no decent pattack OR mag attack for you b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    That would be ****. IJS.
    Low damage, Low healing power... Pro.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Have you ever noticed how sins and archers seem squishy to almost everything? LA is the WORST armor in the game, and is just not viable endgame imo, especially for casters.

LA is essentially just AA with less m. def and more p. def. Most archers/sins will actually have less p. def than a decently geared mystic at endgame, and a LOT less m. def...LA refines give more hp than AA, but it's negligible imo unless you go +10 and better.

HA is the best armor because it has the best total mag/phy def values, and gives a very nice increase in hp from refines, but it also has the highest stat requirements. I think a heavily refined HA mystic would be viable in pvp, if only because it would make a great tanky healer with high hp and decent survival with the magic resist (wood/water) from verdant shell. You would have to use a magic weapon that's 10 levels lower because of not enough magic, however.

HA mystic pets might even be able to tank bosses decently...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    really really bored and curious in the same time. Hybrid build HA/AA

http://pwcalc.com/63565a2f64a32310

probably there r few things that can be changed for better stats but meh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011

Wow! Thx for the effort May.

That Phy defense is really something to drool over. b:dirty
  • Dalesr - Harshlands
    Dalesr - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    1 shot to lightning strike much? like HA venos lol
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    QFT. If heavy armor was really that good, BM's, barbs would never die. As is the majority of BM's die in 3-4 shots even with magic marrow on. R8 mages can kill +10 geared out barbs in seconds.

Whatever armor you're wearing you're still squishy to something. HA? Wait till a +10 R8 mage gushes you randomly for 8k, without undine strike or extreme poison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • NianZu - Raging Tide
    NianZu - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Seems nice, with a full HA the devil Chihyu would probably be stronger than a golem
    And the difference between this and a full mag AA in terms of damage is

12229-15118 Full Mag

8346-10317 Hybrid

hybrid gets almost 2x more pDef, so the pet would be a great tanker (and its damage won't change)... But you'll have 2k less mana b:shocked
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Seems nice, with a full HA the devil Chihyu would probably be stronger than a golem
    And the difference between this and a full mag AA in terms of damage is

12229-15118 Full Mag

8346-10317 Hybrid

hybrid gets almost 2x more pDef, so the pet would be a great tanker (and its damage won't change)... But you'll have 2k less mana b:shocked

1 shot to magic stuff much? remember native arcane users receive less hp per point of vit, so the squishiness is still there. Hybrid uhmm??? define hybrid, because saying that LA gives more pdef is just for the lols...
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    QFT. If heavy armor was really that good, BM's, barbs would never die. As is the majority of BM's die in 3-4 shots even with magic marrow on. R8 mages can kill +10 geared out barbs in seconds.

Whatever armor you're wearing you're still squishy to something. HA? Wait till a +10 R8 mage gushes you randomly for 8k, without undine strike or extreme poison.

Good thing I can count the number of casters I fight in a day with one hand. b:chuckle

But honestly this thread was nothing to be taken seriously I'm AA and doubt I would ever try something like this.

But you have to admit that it would be interesting to see this build in action.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lol i also took it as a joke and made the build out of boredom. Im AA and i never ever intend to change it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • NianZu - Raging Tide
    NianZu - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    1 shot to magic stuff much? remember native arcane users receive less hp per point of vit, so the squishiness is still there. Hybrid uhmm??? define hybrid, because saying that LA gives more pdef is just for the lols...

Hybrid HA/AA (in the link posted before) has 17k pDef, while full AA has 9k (following the same pattern of gear), and a full +5 HA gives a lot of hp, even if you don't get a lot from vit

but I was just talking about tanking bosses, not pvp ^^
  • PorkDumpling - Sanctuary
    PorkDumpling - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I haven't been leveling too much,

but I AM an HA mystic. The only one I've seen too.

Personally, the major criticisms I've heard are:
    1) Mana drain
    Answer: You get roughly 3-4k less mana at lvl 100, but the mp recovery issue is more or less the same after that 3-4k initial mana is burned up. So I don't think this is an issue.
    2) Sucky heals/magic attack
    Answer: Yeah I wouldn't go for this build unless I already had a decent mag wep to use at 9x or 100. I have a +9 tt90 glaive that can make up for my lack of attack, and I have the gears that will give me the stat I need for tt90 HA and mag wep.

Personally, I like the build - It's fairly versatile, and you can swap on AA armor if you need the mdef.
    Mag stats don't add much to mdef, so it's more or less the same here as well.

For the record: I'm the first HA mystic >:o!
  • BiWinning - Heavens Tear
    BiWinning - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah no you aren't the first, everyone claims that, you know everyone thats ever made an account personally? No.

Onto the topic at hand, HA would be a fairly fun build to LOL with, try out bosses etc but in the end you are better off with AA, if you care about being squishy then re-roll. Deff a funny concept though, HA Cleric, seen it lots along with LA mages etc..I never thought of HA or LA Mystic really, funny but not viable.
  • PorkDumpling - Sanctuary
    PorkDumpling - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah no you aren't the first, everyone claims that, you know everyone thats ever made an account personally? No.

You really can't take a joke can you?
    Reading comprehension skills please.
  • Mugler - Lost City
    Mugler - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If you want heavy armor for defense, why don't reroll better?
  • UltimaDeath - Harshlands
    UltimaDeath - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    they would have to use weaker skills but think about it the pets take from our stats so a ha waering mystic would have a hell of a devil tank.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Actually, the devil chiyu scales so badly with gear, that it would end up better for the mystic to tank. HA mystic could have 15k+ p. def, while the devil will have like...7-8k. In addition your heals would be so weak that the devil would be killed if it takes any magic damage, at all, or for hard-hitting bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ^

what Burn said
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2011

editing your link made me change half the gear slots to find a mystic with 21k pdef fully buffed and 12.4k mdef as well as wearing R8 wep and lunar rings (G13 +10 rings > G11 ring refine)
    click da bear for link b:shy
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender