Are summons developing at all?

Liluenne - Heavens Tear
Liluenne - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Mystic
I'm starting to get a little disappointed with this class b:surrender

I was quite happy around my 60s when I was doing TTs, and my pet and punishing sting combo did a nice amount of damage to the bosses (was duoing with a veno). However, 10-11 levels later, I see little to no difference at all.

This has become even more apparent just lately, as I started killing Vastclaw at level 66: at 66 my pet did around 1000-1010 damage per hit on the boss, with the boss hitting him for 360-430 damage per hit. Now at level 71, now using a level 70 wand (this has increased my max magic attack slightly), my pet does 1100 damage per hit, and takes...exactly the same amount of damage per hit. His HP hasn't increased much at all either...And it's not just the leveling from 66 to 71. Even in his low 60s, his damage was very similar...he did roughly 1000 damage per hit on TT bosses.

Punishing sting is even worse. It did low 700 damages in my 60s, now at 71 it does what...780? Even the higher mag attack doesn't seem to affect its damage much. Lysing PS at some point was worth it, now the only time I consider doing this is when I'm hitting ? mobs / bosses. Otherwise the damage is just ridiculous.

I haven't tried Storm Mistress lately, since I find her completely useless pre-75, so I'm not sure how much her damage might have changed. One thing is for sure though, last time I used her, her survivability was HORRIBLE, with her damage not being very impressive at all - well, not for the amount of MP she consumes anyway.

In general, I can safely say that my character hasn't improved much, if any at all compared to my 60s.

Am I so wrong for expecting at least some change in damage and survivability in 5-10 levels?
Post edited by Liluenne - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    well as far as attack goes getting a wep 10 lvls up isnt gonna make much of a difference simply becuz ur summon only gets a percentage of your gear for both attack and defense and the difference in attack between the 60 wep and 70 wep isnt much. are u leveling up ur summon skills? becuz thats what's gonna make a real difference. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The attack boost that a Summon gains from the summoner's gear is in relation to the summoner's maximum magic attack IIRC. Wands have the lowest max attack of any magic weapon, so 'upgrading' to one from any other magic weapon isn't going to show much of an increase.

As for the defense issue...well...Arcane Armor doesn't exactly have spectacular Physical Defense, so unless you're upgrading to pieces that have a bunch of Phys Def adds that your old armor didn't...you're not gonna see much of a boost to your Devil's defense either. XD;;;
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Liluenne - Heavens Tear
    Liluenne - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    well as far as attack goes getting a wep 10 lvls up isnt gonna make much of a difference simply becuz ur summon only gets a percentage of your gear for both attack and defense and the difference in attack between the 60 wep and 70 wep isnt much. are u leveling up ur summon skills? becuz thats what's gonna make a real difference. b:bye

My summon skills are already maxed, so I obviously can't level them b:bye
    The attack boost that a Summon gains from the summoner's gear is in relation to the summoner's maximum magic attack IIRC. Wands have the lowest max attack of any magic weapon, so 'upgrading' to one from any other magic weapon isn't going to show much of an increase.

As for the defense issue...well...Arcane Armor doesn't exactly have spectacular Physical Defense, so unless you're upgrading to pieces that have a bunch of Phys Def adds that your old armor didn't...you're not gonna see much of a boost to your Devil's defense either. XD;;;

I believe that's right - they are based on max mag attack only, so wands aren't very optimal in this sense. I do like the TT70 wand more than the sword though. Later on I'll probably try a pataka.

That's still not really my issue anyway. I understand that the summons gain stats based on our gear, but their base stats should still increase by leveling. As it is, it seems to me like they increase, but the difference is hardly even noticeable. If I were still using my 60 weapon, my summon would still do pretty much the same amount of damage as it did 10 levels ago.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think using TT bosses as a measure is not a good idea as they are [?]. The damage reduction should probably be nerfing your pets damage, how is your damage going on regular mobs. Another thought is that if the damage is the same on mobs, maybe the mystic pets stats lvl at a lower rate; probably at the same rate mobs stats increase. regardless the class so far is pretty fun and the pet is not necc the spolight, you have pretty nice skills as well.
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Mystic summons and plants do not suffer from the damage reduction on [?] mobs/bosses. You can see how the summon's stats are affected by their level in this post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12711651&postcount=69

As you an see, levels do not grant a very sizeable increase.
  • Livrie - Dreamweaver
    Livrie - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My own damage scales up faster than my pet's. The result of this is that I have to be more careful about not stealing aggro, but I've always been selective about which attacks I use, when, and in which order depending on the mobs I fight, so it doesn't bother me.

If you're relying entirely on your summon to kill, though... Yeah, that takes longer as mobs of your level get stronger. With the disclaimer that I have never had any character above level 75, I think it's normal to take a little longer to kill current-level mobs and bosses as we level up.
    AsOne faction - asone-dw.mmoguildsites.com - PvE, we do that.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Pets do not scale well at all 100+. I have a 101 mystic w/ around 6k hp, my pets are mostly a 1-shot to any decently geared pvp player. They are mostly there as fodder for energy leech, or for the occasional seal/stun.

Case in point: +6 R8 nukes players for 1400-2500, devil chiyu is hitting those same players for like 200 damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • BiWinning - Heavens Tear
    BiWinning - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well I just hit 73, my Devil is fairly decent actually. I put him on a mob of my level and I attack another mob, by the time I kill mine he's roughly 2-4k HP left on his which isn't bad. I am pure mage with jones blessing so it's not like my damage sucks.

Also using Devil in pvp? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL dumbest thing I've ever heard, it isn't even worth Energy leeching..

Not to mention, if you rely on your pet to tank everything, re-roll and make a veno. Point is, Devil is fine for PVEing mobs your level n a bit higher. It wont drastically increase like your damage does, that's not even rational. If you expect your pet to hit higher as it levels up clearly you don't know what you are getting yourself into.

My 73 Devil is nearing roughly 2.7-3k HP, It can generally tank a lot of things, sure it can't tank everything..it's not a herc or veno pet. Really expecting a lot of your pet..

Not to mention 1k-almost 2k damage ish isn't bad. You should be dealing a decent amount yourself, tackle that onto your damage if you play like a moron and you are hitting 1-2k damage onto yours + devil hits fast so durr de durr princess re-roll stop QQing, learn more bout your class, get better stats, get better gear and what not.