Lunar Glade, Quests & Questions.

Darksylph - Heavens Tear
Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok i hit 85 today and got the batch of quests regarding Lunar Glade. This opened up many questions i'm hoping to find answers on. I tried searching for answers but this doesnt appear to be a popular topic.

I picked up 4 quests between Arrowhead & floating Buddha City above.

One of which was an outside quest, to visit 5 NPCs all over the world, to open up Lunar Glade. (I should have written down the name, something about the 5 planets) I completed this quest.

I have 3 other quests;
(1) Alone in the Valley - Must be completed in Single Mode.
Question - I found a Lunar Janiter, who only givers the option to open squad mode, how does one open single mode?
Another Question - How soloable is solo mode?
(2) Mighty Brother
Question - What mode?
(3) First Attack
Question - Again, what mode?

Any and all answers would be appreciated. In addition i wouldnt mind any guides, advice, information, maps, anything and any information that can be found out about Lunar prior to setting foot in it.

Thanks.
Post edited by Darksylph - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I hit this and so far I can't find solo mode either. Though looking at the stats of the bosses in there, I don't think we'll be getting those quests done until level 100+
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've never been in myself, but a friend of mine was talking about it. He said it's like the opposite of Frost. You have to do squad mode first to open up solo mode.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    someone told me that solo mode wasn't implemented yet in this version... also lunar glade is really hard.. doubt people would be able to do it yet
  • balfler
    balfler Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In all versions PW the Lunar Valley works... It is not necessary to have 100 + level to open solo mode. For opening solo a mode, it is necessary to pass a quest on mobs in a party mode. I play on russian official server, Vega. There, group 90-95 lvl - we pass without problems of 6 valleys. On Orion - the group 89-91 passes all valleys in a party mode...
    Perfect World Russia.
    Vega, EA 92 lvl
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    balfler wrote: »
    In all versions PW the Lunar Valley works... It is not necessary to have 100 + level to open solo mode. For opening solo a mode, it is necessary to pass a quest on mobs in a party mode. I play on russian official server, Vega. There, group 90-95 lvl - we pass without problems of 6 valleys. On Orion - the group 89-91 passes all valleys in a party mode...

Ok so then my question is, which party mode quest has to be completed to allow access to solo mode?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ok I was just in a party in lunar glade. You need at least 4 members that are all level 85 and above, so they completed the quest needed to enter. The door will not open if anyone has not done that quest.

Inside are a boatload of monsters, all water element. Many of them debuff your water defense and spam really strong water attacks. Some of them hide behind grass and rocks so you can't see them.

There is a boss in the first zone that you have to kill to reach the second. He looks like a giant version of Soulbanisher from TT. He's not all that tough but he will debuff you so make sure you have purify. When hes low on hp he'll speak then hit with a really hard attack that appears to maybe aoe.

After that you can enter the gate to the second zone. When you get there you will see an army of monsters waiting for you. Tons of little guys and some big ones here and there. The little ones are no threat, they hit my herc for 30s. One of the monsters you need for a quest is there, and thats the one you watch out for.

Insularum: Shoveal

The monster does not seem tough, however as we were attacking it, it proceeded to use an aoe with a massive range and level our party in 1 hit other than the barbarian and blademaster. If you are not in heavy armor, don't expect to live it hit me for 13k damage.

Needless to say we gave up at that point.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • balfler
    edited March 2009
    Mmm... ok, i will told you... That I will write all more low - result of my researches of the Lunar Valley.

Party : 1 WB, 2 priests, 2 druids, 1 Archer.

1 valley.
    Monsters not difficult though hang up debuff on protection against water on everything, but it not so is terrible.
    The boss - 1 priest puts the sphere, the second - regen and removes debuffs from the WB. Approximately when the boss will have 15 % HP, the boss will start to attack strong AoE. If will bring down sphere of a priest priests should change over immediately. That which treated, puts sphere, and the second - реген and removes debuff. To other members party i reccomend to beat the boss from the maximum distance.

2 valley.
    Here it is possible to face that problem, from for which many simply cease to try to pass the Moon. Quest mobs right at the beginning and on all valley - Insularum: Shoveal (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/15833). If not to know, how him correctly to kill, very few people will pass.
    1) It is desirable that at all members of group was at least 2 Chi.
    2) On the readiness, all group quickly runs up closely to "Insularum: Shoveal", a priest puts sphere.
    3) all beat the strongest attacks, it is obligatory to use all stun abilities, to use them constantly. So - you will force down castes of mob, and lower its chance аое to 0. Its AoE is so strong because one second prior to it, "Insularum: Shoveal" does weights debuff on pdef, reducing its all to 0. Remains only a little pdef at the tank, at the expense of passive skill. Therefore lives hardly longer - AoE - physical attack. The others mobs there are not so strong. However, in this valley it is possible to make a choice - to what party to go, right or on the left. If will go to the right - that the boss of 2 valleys will be - Wang Tali, if on the left that - Wang Erhli. Also, if will go to the right - that at transition to the following valley, jump through one, having got at once to 4 valley. Also, in this valley it is possible to call the special boss. More close by the valley end is NPC with a quest. For this purpose it is necessary to collect various stones which very well fall in solo mode. The similar boss is and in 3 valley.
    The boss:
    Herzen Sori Demos the Extremely difficult boss. I and could not kill him while, but have collected enough information on it. It is A lot of HP, the average loss, beats both close and from apart. But... At the boss the highest speed of attack. Therefore it is better not to run from it. The boss constantly cast the disagreement blocking treatment regen. Other kinds of treatment operate only sphere a priestess, and. Also happens often cast a camp. Close - AoE debuffs, also exhausts MT. Presumably, it is necessary to kill its party: 2 WB, 2 priests, 1 archer, 1 warrior. I hope further will guess why...
    Bosses of 2 valleys: are not so difficult as seem. The boss constantly cast strong weights a poisoning. To get rid of it it is possible in 2 ways - 1) On Territorial Wars to buy Antidote Potion. 2) the Boss constantly gives to all Chi, and also strengthens a loss, as the boss in a TT 3-1. As soon as save up 3 Chi, at once use 3 Chi flash. It can remove poison, and restore to you HP. In the rest operate as usually - 1 priest puts sphere, another treats. It is desirable for tank to try to force down castes to the boss. The boss imposes on itself buffs, simultaneously cast a dream on the WB. It is desirable for druid to remove buffs of the boss.

3 valley easy. Only pair of councils - some monsters blow up at deaths door. Towers (big mobs) you must beat only from apart. Then they will not answer your attacks.
    The boss: to kill the boss, before the beginning rise on a stone above. To beat only from apart, the boss does not attack. But near it there are bombs.

4 valley:this valley easy too. Some mobs can poison you. The boss does not represent in the end danger. Can conjure a dream on all. АоЕ is not present.

5 valley: monsters can paralyse you, also - debuff on protection against the earth. In the end of a valley a fork. After will kill the stone tablet on the right, there will be a boss. The boss: At all do not try to approach to it. There will be 3 monsters who will run round the boss, and to conjure debuff on everything, such that the boss can kill from one blow even the tank. The boss does not move. To kill him rise all about a wall behind stones. Priests put different spheres. Beat only archers and druids. In this case, monsters will not be attack you, and the boss will beat only one time 5 minutes. But beats strongly. If the one who the first attacked the boss dies - the boss completely will restore that HP.

6 valley: Here I will tell only that at an input there are 3 monsters who will instantly kill all who there will come. While one way to survive is found only. Special potions for 6 seconds immunity from all which prepare at the governor of a city of thousand streams...

At last - as you have noticed, after murder of bosses since the second valley, appear NPC for an appeal. To call bosses - it is necessary to become a summoner. For this purpose it is necessary to pass at first a quest for opening solo a mode. Then to take a quest for solo mode and to pass it. Then in a group mode in the second valley to take a quest, having passed which you become призывателем. If wish to collect seriously things from the Lunar Valley - insistently reccomend to pass this quest.

I hope as you will find something interesting, and add mine guide... During coming week-end I am going to descend once again...
    Perfect World Russia.
    Vega, EA 92 lvl
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Very very interesting Balfler. I forgot all about using the special attacks since PW is relatively a hit, tank, or heal, fight. It made me remembber I need to use some of my other past mmo experiences and actually USE it here too ><;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • balfler
    edited April 2009
    Excuse for my English, I know it is awful)) In Russian variant it sounds better = ___ =... But I hope I all have clearly enough written) >_<'''
    But I doubt that you will find the description better... At forums of it is not present) How many I would not search, in Russian in English - descriptions or guides the Lunar Valley simply is not present... There is a description More truly... But no more...

P.S. Who will try to pass as I has written - write then about results, it is interesting to me))
    Perfect World Russia.
    Vega, EA 92 lvl
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    up a bit

just to clarify some points

I did try some things, i read for other version of the game

Contrary to what zoe said, you dont need to be 4 to open the gate in squad mode

2 PPl suffice, both needs to have done the 5 planets quest.

A veno with herc can handle all the mobs in the first valley , one by one, one at a time. (Beware the debuffs, and wait till the end of the debuffs before pulling another mob)

you will be able to do the = "fisrst attack" quest.

(it sure is simplier and faster doing it with more ppl)

i ll try the solo mode later
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thought wrong

the quest to open single mode is =

"Alone int he valley", even though description says "Lunar Glade Single Mode"
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • tigerstorm74
    tigerstorm74 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I went to Lunar to do my solo mode. If u are not in squad, you should have the option to solo it. Which just needs you to have the "key" to enter.. Life something, makable at entrance..5 each high mats..

You should then get the quest for around 12-14 mobs to kill in Frigoris Valley.
    Then report.. Rest should be pretty much explanary with the token to teleport you to Humourous Valley to go underwater, then to meet the old man and wait by him a few mins..

You should then get a quest you must do in squad for 2 bosses.

As to how easy to solo ?

As a BM 92, magic mobs were kinda troublesome, but one at a time, not too bad.

Phys mobs have like 200k+ hp so U suppose challenge will be for mage class :)

The quest First atk though, I didn't do yet so can't tell if solo or squad just yet.. Hope it helps..
  • Banana_Man - Harshlands
    Banana_Man - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ey ive not actualy done this...wat do you get from doing lunar or oht watever its called wat are the rewards?
  • wonderland23
    wonderland23 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    As tigerstorm said, solo mode was really a problem to me. (94 venomancer, not that bad eqquiped but squishy when mobs are phy). I chose smythril valley.. I found it difficult because there are too many mobs and there's like5 or 4 in you always. Of course i died a lot of times. I was wandering if only me had that difficulty. Have you folks done it in solo mode?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes, I have done solo mode.

If you're having trouble, you can always bring in more people to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Grannondorf - Harshlands
    Grannondorf - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    balfler wrote: »

it is NOT nessasary to go party mode to open solo mode, i do solo runs all the time and have yet to do party mode, all u need is "1" essence to open the door.
  • Grannondorf - Harshlands
    Grannondorf - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ey ive not actualy done this...wat do you get from doing lunar or oht watever its called wat are the rewards?

mats tomake lunar wepons only, the mats u cant make MUST be gotten in multi mode OR make them from mysterius chip merchant under Lunar tab
  • Vitruvio - Raging Tide
    Vitruvio - Raging Tide Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Did you notice you are replying to a 2 years old post?
    96 Blademaster - 89 Venomancer
    81 Archer - 83 cleric
    86 seeker...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Tripppppppppppppppppppple Killlllllllllllll (necro). This thread has died so many times, it will soon be a killing spree. D;
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I've never been in myself, but a friend of mine was talking about it. He said it's like the opposite of Frost. You have to do squad mode first to open up solo mode.

First of all Im Level 90+ when I went into Lunar from the floating Temple and stumbled around and got into the solo instance. Sorry can remember how I did it now but there are more than one NPCs there.
    Since I was playing my mystic and I had my summon test out how tough the bosses were. They were a handful one at a time so you will have to lure them or you will die. I had to spam heal the summon just to keep him from dieing while throwing in a hit in between heals. I cleared my my way slowly and learned to use the terrain to shield me from the larger mobs whom seemed to like me more than my summon. I finally got the quest done. and after doing some more running around I'm headed back in. First it is just a walk through now Im suppose to see the Grayhaired man. Still looking for info about that, probably on an other thread.
    So GL and remember can't fail unless you try... so why bother? Just kidding Go for it.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll