Fundamental Question

Options
WritersBlock - Sanctuary
WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
In response to all the negativity: Do you still enjoy playing PWI?
b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
Post edited by WritersBlock - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't aim for much in this game and I play rather casually now, so yeah, things are fine to me.
    Further explanations can be given to you if you require them.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm so disappointed for the "hyped up update" Oh well. I'm gonna go terrorize the level 30's doing their quests. I hope the GMS don't mind. b:kiss

By the way. I tell them to say their prayers 1 shot them, tell them they're a 1 shot, then say GF and run away on my evil Black Dinosaur of death. b:pleased
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yes, because i haven't seen it all yet. once i get into every instance, get a good look at every boss, and get to see all the game content --- then maybe i'll do what all those bored endgamers crying for more 100+ content on the forums "because we pay all the zen in this game" logically should do, and find something else to do with my free time.

or maybe i'll stay to hang out with the friends i'm making. time will tell. in the meantime, there's still more parts of the game i haven't played yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I still love it. I never reached any levels past 90, so I basically agree with what Lenie said. I haven't stepped foot inside nirvana yet, and I really intend to get my sin in there one day before they close the servers. I don't see how people are QQing that you can get to 100 in a week... I've been trying for like 2 now and have only hit 68 xD But maybe that's cuz I'm not doing it constantly... I have a life to live outside the game. b:surrender
    I'm so disappointed for the "hyped up update" Oh well. I'm gonna go terrorize the level 30's doing their quests. I hope the GMS don't mind. b:kiss

By the way. I tell them to say their prayers 1 shot them, tell them they're a 1 shot, then say GF and run away on my evil Black Dinosaur of death. b:pleased

gz on prolly using HF and True Emptiness and one-shotting something that only has 2k hp at most. Really, good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I still love it. I never reached any levels past 90, so I basically agree with what Lenie said. I haven't stepped foot inside nirvana yet, and I really intend to get my sin in there one day before they close the servers. I don't see how people are QQing that you can get to 100 in a week... I've been trying for like 2 now and have only hit 68 xD But maybe that's cuz I'm not doing it constantly... I have a life to live outside the game. b:surrender

gz on prolly using HF and True Emptiness and one-shotting something that only has 2k hp at most. Really, good job.

Thanks. That's why I enjoy PWI! b:pleased

I love being able to use Genie when you're not able to as it's class restricted. b:laugh

Oh and just for that, i'm gonna TE every level 30 I see! b:thanks
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes, I still enjoy it... Why? Cause I don't powerlevel and can actually play any of the chars I chose to roll b:victory

I take it easy and relax cause it's a game, not a race b:surrender
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes, I still enjoy it... Why? Cause I don't powerlevel and can play any of the chars I chose to roll b:victory

I take it easy and relax cause it's a game, not a race b:surrender

*Approved* One of the reasons I am still around these parts.
    Mastering all classes (or at least know how to use the skills properly be it solo or in squad) is a nice challenge, even if you have to redo the same quests on each new character.

But still, PWI is 'srs bsns' to many. Not me at least.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • WritersBlock - Sanctuary
    WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I was hoping there would be zero no's...because if you don't enjoy playing PWI anymore, why are you still playing? :(
    b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I still enjoy playing PW, mainly because I still don't know every single little thing. I started playing in October of '08, rolled my archer in about June of '09, and I'm STILL learning stuff here and there.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I was hoping there would be zero no's...because if you don't enjoy playing PWI anymore, why are you still playing? :(

+666

This is a very good question. If not for enjoyment, then why the hell wouldn't one play something else that does give them enjoyment?
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes, I do. If I wasn't enjoying PWI, then I would not be able to vote on the poll as I would have quit the forums/game long ago ;)
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BaconBong - Lost City
    BaconBong - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I love it, but then again, I'm a ****. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Eff b!tches, get $$$" --Mohatma Ghandi
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not at the moment. I'm in one of my phases of being extremely bored with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Dakuken - Dreamweaver
    Dakuken - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I... have no clue why I even log on anymore, it's either farm and be bored or fight cash shoppers and get facerolled... *sigh* Daku is sad now :(
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nope. No enjoyment. And it's all because of these pesky 'sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes, but these stupid motorcycles have drastically decreased my enjoyment. I like to play with sound effects on and now I have to mute it in archosaur.

None of the other mounts make noises. Turn off the damn bikes! Their ugliness is enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *Rides a bike through thread*b:laugh
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes, but these stupid motorcycles have drastically decreased my enjoyment. I like to play with sound effects on and now I have to mute it in archosaur.

None of the other mounts make noises. Turn off the damn bikes! Their ugliness is enough.

soon to enter the cash shop, motorbike mufflers; they make other players' motorbikes emit no more than a soft purring sound. only five gold.

...i'm going and giving them ideas i shouldn't, aren't i?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *Rides a bike through thread*b:laugh

*Jacks bike, NPC's*
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *Jacks bike, NPC's*

b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • SlayersSin - Heavens Tear
    SlayersSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes, even after over 2 years and all the sometimes less then perfect aspects of the game, I still love playing PW and will continue to play. All I ever see is people complaining about the game, and yes there have been times when I complained too, so here is my thumbs up to you PWI. b:thanks b:pleased

As a side note, the bikes are fine but the sound of them is irritating b:surrender
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm indifferent. It's something to do.start new alt lvl up to 70 delete them and start new one. wish they would say more about whats with medals moreb:shutup
  • Ingemar - Raging Tide
    Ingemar - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure what all the negativity is about, but for me, I don't *dislike playing the game. I have trouble forming groups, and there's no one to trust, and I have some inter-faction problems that I can't seem to iron out because no one will talk to me about them, but the game itself is still fairly fun.

If there is a problem, it's the fact that the game is fun to those who play it... while those who are designing, adjusting, adding and subtracting things don't really seem to care if people enjoy it or not. They just do as they please for the most part, and those who play have to accept it. The problem therefore is not if we enjoy playing the game, but WILL we CONTINUE to enjoy playing the game if things remain the way they are or keep going in random directions.

Let's be honest. Motorcycles in PWI are stupid. There are so many other ideas they could have worked with. LAg is still a HUGE issue, as well as terrain mapping, and has been from the start. I doubt anyone would complain of no new content if the devs actually fixed that instead.

This morning, I logged in and nothing came up. Instead of all my characters, there was just a blank screen, as if they had all been deleted. I was about to freak out, but tried reloading after waiting a bit first, which seemed to fix it, even though that too took a while before any characters showed. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about fixing, rather than adding out of place things into the game.

When people complain, there's a good amount of whining in it. There's always gonna be such. But there are people who ask for things that are honestly good and reasonable things as well, and the people who (if there ARE any people who) read these comments should be able to tell the difference between a troll, a whiner and someone with an honestly good idea or valid complaint.