So... Motorcycle = Bad. Gonna acquire one?

Options

Comments

• ____Shop____ - Dreamweaver
    ____Shop____ - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you pay me YES I'll get one so start sending mails to my toon now and I'll buy 1 or 10 but I'm broke and need moneys
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't acquire one but in fact I rarely buy a new mount. I had the anniversary mount for years until they put the mammoth and the ninetails for 5 gold. Originally, I had just bought the mount in case I made an alt, but then I used it and I liked how it looked. It was a nice changed after so many months with the same mount too.

The motorcycle is cool imo. I don't care if it doesn't fit with the environment, which to me it doesn't matter. Pwi made a great job putting the motorcycle in the storyline anyway, http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=242791 b:laugh

They come from the future! b:chuckle
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I will get one if I have extra money, if not is mot on my priorities...I prefer to get the new Flying mount for EG
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    While I like motorcycles, I don't usually buy the "land mounts". Gonna pass on it.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nice going PWI. You've just made a perfect world clash with a modern day mess. This does not fit the games theme at all. I don't know who came up with this idea, but its not a good one, and he/she doesn't deserve a rise for it thats for sure.

If I wanted a game with modern technology in, I'll just go to one, but one of the reasons I like Perfect World was because it lacked what I had seen in so many other games. No modern things (save for fashions, but I can overlook that) and it mostly focused on a fantasy theme which was what I was looking for in a game.

Now that you have brought a a heap of junk into it, my opinion of this game has just gotten a lot lower. You wanted to make a new mount? Fine. But make one that does not have a metal body.

There is no way in hell I am buying anything like that. By the way I'll still play the game. But I'm not spending another cent till you get rid of the bike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Mwahahahahahar! Now to mind control your dropships and tanks. b:sin

Like... say.... Rebirth, Nirvana, Jungle Ruins, Advanced Cube, etc?

Well that would explain where you're from.... will you be bringing jetpack aeros to PW too? =O

Rebirth is... Well, I haven't done it, so no comment.

Nirvana has no mobs, just bosses.

Jungle ruins is a race, so... Kinda pointless, I don't bother to participate anyway.

And Advanced Cube is Cube, not an 'instance', like an FB/BH.

Nice attempt though...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    say what you will there selling like hotcakes for 30mil to 40 mil on my server.and there nice toob:shutup
    edited May 2011
    Options
    say what you will there selling like hotcakes for 30mil to 40 mil on my server.and there nice toob:shutup

I guess it depends on your definition of 'nice'. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Where's my hovercraft!?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Where's my hovercraft!?

hovercraft, hell. gimme some jetpacks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Be ready for next tuesday when PWI introduce the General Summers Segway.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    so all this modern and un-fastsy like fashion, but people draw the line at motorcycles?

lol.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hovercraft, hell. gimme some jetpacks!

Jetpack you say? Get an old-school reference.
    http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/darkblado/rocketeer_low.jpg?t=1304541876
    (author cited in the pic)

and a newer one:
    http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/darkblado/gtasa_jetpack1.jpg?t=1304541853
    (GTA SA)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ill settle with a stealth jet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BizHerc - Heavens Tear
    BizHerc - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yup, jet fighter able to shoot would be awesome :P
    and i want a skateboard
    and i want a Ferrari
    and i want a santa sleigh
    and i want a submarine
    and i want a Pegasus, (actaully this one is really practical, get 2 mounts in one)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    and i want a skateboard
    and i want a Ferrari
    and i want a submarine
    and i want a Pegasus, (actaully this one is really practical, get 2 mounts in one)

There is some kind of pegasus now... Sadly for you, it's not for Winged Elves.
    You don't believe me?

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/3c/90/3c90dcc9b86f031ed91f81b6bf4323691304477376.jpg

Deathgrip Nightmare
    (Source: PWI website)

P.S.: If you consider human aeros as some kind of flying skateboard (Think Back to the Future II -yep, ultra old-school reference-), that is another one you can remove. You could always consider them as UFOs too... The bigger ones remind me of the Vic Viper, btw...
    As for the Ferrari, you can dream on (copyrights, ya know), unless PWE goes for a cheap unlicensed copy. As likely as beating Sword Tamer at level 1 and solo.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Do not want motorcycle Dx

...Want that pegasus though. @_@ *eyeballs it...then looks at her crimson flametalon...* *sighs* Love my birdy T_T
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
    edited May 2011
    Options
    and i want a skateboard
    and i want a Ferrari
    and i want a submarine

Welllllllll...

Most P2P MMO's have flying mounts that also work just fine as land mounts.

They're also... FASTER on the ground!

In PWI, the fastest mounts you can really get are the ground mounts. The flying mounts are actually, for the most part, slower. You can never 'land' a flying mount, just fly into the ground.

So, PWI is quite lame about that.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    what kind of motorcycle goes 10 m/s?

If they were changed to move at 15 m/s we can talk

btw wtf do you feed them? Oil?
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options

btw wtf do you feed them? Oil?

Seems they work on pure water... like common veno pets. b:sin
    Some people will say hydrogen, but it's a twisted lie.
  • Ramesha - Heavens Tear
    Ramesha - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    stupidest piece of sht i have ever seen.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

mind, the "meters" in the game do not much correspond to the real life measurement called a "meter". but let's say it did... 11 m/s is 39.6 km/h, which is a bit less than 25 mph. 15 m/s would be 54 km/h, or about 34 mph.

these motorbikes aren't even mopeds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Airgetlam - Sanctuary
    Airgetlam - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Maybe if it had magic circles as hover and thrusters (and was able to move faster than a panther (-_- )) then I'd possibly get one.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    motorcycles in an ancient chinese setting? who was the bloody stupid jackass who thought this up, and then had the gall to put it in? it looks like pics ive seen from private servers, that steal content from other games, and put it in their games. who the hell thinks a modern machine like this belongs here? im going to have to turn off the background sounds now, so i dont have to listen to the incessant revving of the damn bikes. it takes a lot to make me this angry- modern clothes ingame was bad enough. but this is an unbearable insult to those who come here to enjoy the peace of a game that is set in a magical, ancient world.

for God's sake, get RID of these damn pieces of garbage, and the ugly clothes that go with them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited May 2011
    Options
    motorcycles in an ancient chinese setting? who was the bloody stupid jackass who thought this up, and then had the gall to put it in? it looks like pics ive seen from private servers, that steal content from other games, and put it in their games. who the hell thinks a modern machine like this belongs here? im going to have to turn off the background sounds now, so i dont have to listen to the incessant revving of the damn bikes. it takes a lot to make me this angry- modern clothes ingame was bad enough. but this is an unbearable insult to those who come here to enjoy the peace of a game that is set in a magical, ancient world.

for God's sake, get RID of these damn pieces of garbage, and the ugly clothes that go with them!

*CoughMarketingCough*

Erm.... *CoughWoWCough*

Seriously, 'ancient setting' MMO's have had motorcycle mounts (and flying machines, cars, jet packs, flying telephone booths, etc., for mounts for years now.

Get over it.

The ONLY beef I have with them is the stupid sound file. I know modifying integral files is against TOU, but I'm tempted to find the motorcycle's sound files and remove them >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It baffles me how many people literally cry about this stupid motorcycle. It's a game, not a religion or something.

Now then, when will we get Robot Unicorn?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • amadeuss
    amadeuss Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WTB>Hellicopter (3.30m/s) b:surrender , PWI pm you bank account for Donations

Btw,you pay the copy Licensee to Blizzard Entertainment(WoW) for the motorcycle?
  • amadeuss
    amadeuss Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    or for FALLEN ROC (Barb/Veno Flyer) to Lightstorm Entertainment(Avatar 2009 film) for the textures? ....