Where did this come from?

Options

Comments

• SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    A gm response on whether this is permitted would be nice, I'm too lazy to submit a ticket.

Too bad this had no panda preset XD
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You can most likely turn it into a panda quite easily... but I don't think that's permitted since it involves editing .ini files x'D However, if they permit tiger barbs like this it would be really hypocrit if you can't make a panda like that...

EDIT: Made all barbs like that (yes by editing the .ini files, it's pretty easy to figure out how to edit them x'D)
    3 big headed barbs O_o

the lion looks kinda cute imo ^^"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nice catch, I'll forward this to Frankie. b:thanks
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • MoonMio - Heavens Tear
    MoonMio - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've seen this like a month ago :< 2 barbs, 1 like that and 1 EXTREMELY fat.
    Didn't take screenshot tho b:surrender
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You can most likely turn it into a panda quite easily... but I don't think that's permitted since it involves editing .ini files x'D However, if they permit tiger barbs like this it would be really hypocrit if you can't make a panda like that...

EDIT: Made all barbs like that (yes by editing the .ini files, it's pretty easy to figure out how to edit them x'D)
    3 big headed barbs O_o

the lion looks kinda cute imo ^^"

*laughs* The lion barb looks like he discovered that his little brother looted his favorite candy, or something like that.
    The panda seems to have run a 100 meters and has not recovered yet...
    And the wolf looks dumb... like if he pulled a prank. Maybe he looted the lion's candy after all.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *laughs* The lion barb looks like he discovered that his little brother looted his favorite candy, or something like that.
    The panda seems to have run a 100 meters and has not recovered yet...
    And the wolf looks dumb... like if he pulled a prank. Maybe he looted the lion's candy after all.

rofl indeed xD
    I'd almost roll a lion barb.. But I'm afraid wouldn't come far... Would die laughing :'D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nice catch, I'll forward this to Frankie. b:thanks

Party pooper! b:cry
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    We're looking into this right now, but I would suggest not creating any barbs using this preset, or modifying any current characters to look like this. Ultimately, I'm pretty sure we won't be allowing any characters to look this way in the long term.

I'll get you guys an update as soon as possible.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    We're looking into this right now, but I would suggest not creating any barbs using this preset, or modifying any current characters to look like this. Ultimately, I'm pretty sure we won't be allowing any characters to look this way in the long term.

I'll second ZAP on the "party pooper"
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

damn and i was hoping to makeover to this one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    damn and i was hoping to makeover to this one

Meh yeah. The the awsome thing with that preset is the other change options like face, eyebrows, nose, etc worked as well...

Actually more customs for barbs... without having to mess with int. filles.
    But no they won't allow it... Meh.
    I don't get it. They could just set a normal looking preset & then allow the advanced barb customs, without the options for huge heads; just normal face editing like any other class...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You are contradicting your self.

I said if it's a preset then I should be able to use it - which you claim to be "100% wrong"
    Then in the next line you say "you should be able to use it just fine" as long as it's a preset.

Someone should really take their own advice and stop posting about they have no clue about, ijs, or atleast make a coherent post that actually makes some sense.

You said it was an ini ****. If it's an ini ****, then it can't be a preset.

<unamused>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • frankieraye
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All right guys, we've got some news--

So we realize that this ridiculous preset being in the game was our mistake, and we're not going to penalize you for using it.

Therefore, from here on out, we will be allowing for any characters who use this this specific tiger barb preset to remain the game even after this issue is fixed.

Please know, however, that we will be removing the preset itself next week during maintenance.

And just to reiterate: .ini edits of any race/class combo is still prohibited (i.e. fat pandas, big head Winged Elves, spherical Earth Guards, etc..). This particular Bobblehead Tiger Barb preset was put into the game by our own team, so it does not fall under the realm of ".ini edits".

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Can we also use the fat headed lion barb I made? even though that was trough .ini edit? please say yes, it's only 1 number that changed and it looks so cute Q_Qb:surrender

EDIT: Either way :o Happy to hear we can keep them :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yay! I was gonna cry if I couldnt keep it. I might actually play a barb now :D

Its so awesome looking
    http://imageshack.us/f/840/20110504172704.png/

Gonna get him the biker outfit :D
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Dear Frankie, we now hope that devs will mess with presets a bit more in the near future.
    Just kidding... b:avoid
    Cool decision btw. *thumbs up*

P.S.: If it's a sign that they will work on updating old models... You know, old classes (eyes and other customization options -including eyes on TBs and more custo stuff for TBs and EGs-, animations, meditation), I truly will be cheering from the shadows.

P.P.S.: Was that the hidden feature from the Chimei countdown thing? b:laugh
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Awesomeee >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All right guys, we've got some news--

So we realize that this ridiculous preset being in the game was our mistake, and we're not going to penalize you for using it.

Therefore, from here on out, we will be allowing for any characters who use this this specific tiger barb preset to remain the game even after this issue is fixed.

Please know, however, that we will be removing the preset itself next week during maintenance.

And just to reiterate: .ini edits of any race/class combo is still prohibited (i.e. fat pandas, big head Winged Elves, spherical Earth Guards, etc..). This particular Bobblehead Tiger Barb preset was put into the game by our own team, so it does not fall under the realm of ".ini edits".

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any questions.

So who's getting fired? b:puzzled
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So who's getting fired? b:puzzled

I vote for immunity towards the one who is responsible for that cool mess. b:laugh
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I vote for immunity towards the one who is responsible for that cool mess. b:laugh

Me too. I only asked to make a thread QQing about him/her/it getting fired b:pleased
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Can we also use the fat headed lion barb I made? even though that was trough .ini edit? please say yes, it's only 1 number that changed and it looks so cute Q_Qb:surrender

EDIT: Either way :o Happy to hear we can keep them :3

Sorry Waterfal, no lions, pandas, or wolves allowed. Just this one tiger barb, and only because he technically wasn't a player-made .ini edit. b:thanks
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    aaw :( oke b:sad

I'll settle for the cutie tiger then b:laugh Thanks for the reply ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I would totally roll that barb. Can you imagine your squad's reaction in FC when you transform out of tiger form to do squad buffs, and they see an anorexic big eyed furball?
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    it's so cute!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    2gubfpy.jpg

pink shorts + flip flops ftw. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yay, i can keep my Mr Huggable b:cuteb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sorry Waterfal, no lions, pandas, or wolves allowed. Just this one tiger barb, and only because he technically wasn't a player-made .ini edit. b:thanks

Can we use the other changes that came with this preset though? Like brows, eyes?

Here's mine
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/ChisaiUsagi/rttrtr.jpg

I'm not sure why, but pedobear comes to mind...
  • frankieraye
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Can we use the other changes that came with this preset though? Like brows, eyes?

Here's mine

Sure, you can use those. I'm baffled by the level of customization this whole issue has unlocked, actually.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Here's mine

omg epic lol i cant wait to get home >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan